March 28, 2024, 08:48:06 AM

Author Topic: Soca Warriors Exhibition at the National Library  (Read 12038 times)

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca Warriors Exhibition at the National Library
« on: May 29, 2006, 02:17:37 PM »
got some time to go down and see it....occonnor, Andre and his friend Gary and myself....

occonnor has some pics he'll load later...

boys and girls....we flag is the first thing yuh go see...ah feel proud...it look even bigger hung up in d centre of the building...

next we finally walk in and were surrounded by images of the people of trinidad and tobago after our victory over bahrain that secured our place at World CUpp 2006...dey had a lil showcase with we collective medals now on sale ( according to connor...they could clean d glass ah bit )

when u walk into the main area u are then sourrouned by images or theplayers past and present, of fans, memorabilia, blown up images of letters and newspaper clippings etc etc etc...

allyuh should make a pass an check it out.....

there was even a display that have some autographed stuff ....ah go say no more on dis and leave the floor open to Oconnor (ah go shoot mehself in meh foot if i go on...ah go leh he start the bachannal 8) 8))

oh..before ah forgot...ah think Andre shed ah few tears at some point....(clears throat)....again i await occonnor...... 8) 8)

OCONNOR...WHEY YUH DEY??? ??? ???

<edit> ah forget...Gilbertget lil press time with interview about d NAtion while standing infront the Flag by Gayelle...
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors Exhibition at the National Library
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 04:23:06 PM »
My fellow forumites.. As Kandi said, please make some time and go and check out the Exhibit... Let me jump into ah piece ah storey one time dey...

* clears throat *

There is a beautiful display in the exhibit these are the contents

1. Autographed Addidas boot - Stern John
2. Autographed Puma boot - Russel latapy ( Last boot he used to play in TnT. Lovely red boots )
3. Autographed Addidas boot - Dwight Yorke
4. Autographed Foot Ball - Team Socawarriors

The owner of the exhibit is Mr Alison C. Ayres.

While WN / SW.net reps were examinig the beautiful exhibit, the Library's marketing manager informed us that their may be a problem with us taking a photograph of the exhibit based on the contract signed, and publishing it for you, our most exteemed forumites to view. I heeded her concerns and proceeded to give her a level of comfort that hese photos would not be used for ANy kind of profitable gain.

5 mins later, My Ayres steps in. After The marketing manager talks to him about the photos and he expresses his dis approval, here is an exerpt of the convo that followed between Mr Ayres and my self ( * not exact quotes as 4 hours have since passed * )

oconnorg : Excuse me sir, can you step over here by the computers so that I can speak to you for a min? ( The computers had our websites up.. ie www.thewarriornation.com and www.socawarriors.net )

Ayres : * Hesitantly he agrees to come over then begins to state the following * " i left specific instructions that NO pictures are to be taken of the exhibit without out my explicit concent.

oconnorg: Yes sir and i want to assure you that these pictures WILL NOT be used for any kind of financial gain. The pictures will be put up on the site in question ( * i begin to show him our sites * )

Ayres : You en talking my language yet you know..

oconnorg: Well , our sites are non profit and has been around for quite some time and we just want to give some of our forumite living abroag the benifit of seeing the exhibit.

Ayres : I dont believe that the site is non profit, some one MUST be gaining from it, and you are NOT talking my language yet

oconnorg: * I think to my self "NAH MAN " * -    " Well I am not sure what exactly do you want to hear from me.. What exactly do you want me to say?"

Ayres: How am I to be compensated.. ?

oconnorg: We will be Citing you and YOUR business as the source and owner of the items in the exhibit. We are non profit

Ayres : Again I am not going to accept the non profit aspect. and you still not talking my language..

After this there is nothing of great importance to quote as I personaly find his actions questionable..

History on the shoes: - EACh shoe was literally GIVEN to him by the players in question as they came off the field... Latapy is he real good "pally wally".. so who exploiting who... In any event, he was saying how we can call him later inthe week and we do up some contractual agreement and start a fresh... mind you ALL this so we can take some pic tures of the exhibit, give him free advertising and credits on OUR sites eh... Needless to say I am not interested in having much future dealings with the individual in question...

IMAGINE, suchs greats like Lincoln Philips , Brian Williams, Gally Cummmings, freeely without issue brought lots of stuff to the exhibit.

FIFA send stuff from their head quaters for the exhibit. The exhibit seeks to give everyone a sense of national pride and Bring back LOTS os emotional memories to those who remember the good ole days, and here is this " dude" trying to exploit..

WHILE we love and cherish and whish to showcase the warriors with love and passion, here is this GUY who got all his possesions freely trying to exploit them.. Such a shame..

I will however statethis,..The exhibit is beautiful, and I personally value the entire exhibit at just over $500 000.00. Also, aparently the showcase is supposed to be on tour.

Geeee.. I wonder what will happen if some school child grabs one of latas shoes and bolts ?.. hmmmmm

« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 04:57:13 PM by oconnorg »
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline TnTVillan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 04:41:06 PM »
Dah man aint no trini he could get the hell away, all he want is money, he is ah money hungry fool sure as hell not a trini.

Oconnor ya have a camera phone??? If so go back and make it look like ya sending a text message and snap some pictures of dem things nah

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 04:42:47 PM »
The owner of the exhibit is My Alison C. Ayres.

Ent dis is de fella here (in de middle)?

He is de one who write Road to Italy fuh Superblue and Deutschland for Ronnie McIntosh.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 02:11:15 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 04:46:14 PM »
Seriously; all this would not have to go down to private venture; exploitation and personal gain if we do things right: ENT ah said we should:

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=7971.msg66292#msg66292

« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 02:12:05 PM by Tallman »

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 04:48:07 PM »
The owner of the exhibit is My Alison C. Ayres.

Ent dis is de fella here (in de middle)?

He is de one who write Road to Italy fuh Superblue and Deutschland for Ronnie McIntosh.

YES da iz him.....

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 04:51:28 PM »
OConnorg,
Yuh eh think that the WN could start our own venture in the area as posted: see the following link

« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 02:12:24 PM by Tallman »

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 04:51:56 PM »
Seriously; all this would not have to go down to private venture; exploitation and personal gain if we do things right: ENT ah said we should:

Dude, I feel yuh on them sentiments.. and i think it is up to us to have something rolling... So leh we do something serious..
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 02:12:47 PM by Tallman »

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 05:10:37 PM »
PICTURES

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 05:23:14 PM »
So wait, it's our flag we lent him? or what is the arrangement there? and he won't let you take pictures?

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 05:32:25 PM »
History on the shoes: - EACh shoe was literally GIVEN to him by the players in question as they came off the field... Latapy is he real good "pally wally".. so who exploiting who... In any event, he was saying how we can call him later inthe week and we do up some contractual agreement and start a fresh... mind you ALL this so we can take some pic tures of the exhibit, give him free advertising and credits on OUR sites eh... Needless to say I am not interested in having much future dealings with the individual in question...

IMAGINE, suchs greats like Lincoln Philips , Brian Williams, Gally Cummmings, freeely without issue brought lots of stuff to the exhibit.

FIFA send stuff from their head quaters for the exhibit. The exhibit seeks to give everyone a sense of national pride and Bring back LOTS os emotional memories to those who remember the good ole days, and here is this " dude" trying to exploit..

WHILE we love and cherish and whish to showcase the warriors with love and passion, here is this GUY who got all his possesions freely trying to exploit them.. Such a shame..

I will however statethis,..The exhibit is beautiful, and I personally value the entire exhibit at just over $500 000.00. Also, aparently the showcase is supposed to be on tour.

Geeee.. I wonder what will happen if some school child grabs one of latas shoes and bolts ?.. hmmmmm

I real fed up of all these stupid ppl trying to make some money of the football team. Where were all these ppl when we were losing, no where, now everyone want to make money off the team. Your friend give you these boots, not to make money off of of but as a gesture. So what I could charge money for my autograph of a famous trini on this site???

STEUPS it is a National EXHIBIT in the Library. >:(

Andre boy I think you could make some money too charge ppl admission to see the villa jersey.

All of a sudden everyone wants to have a party/fete with part proceeds going to the warriors what 2 % where were all these ppl when we couldn't pay Beenieman. STEUPS we real shameful.

Cents of NAtional pride!!! steups man

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 05:37:28 PM »
So wait, it's our flag we lent him? or what is the arrangement there? and he won't let you take pictures?

We lent the NATIONAL Library our big flag.. He made availible his stuff to the Library as well..

I get the feeling that he charged the library to borrow his stuff.. that is not confirmed tho, but Just by the way he was talking and moving i got the impression that he charged them!!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 05:40:58 PM by oconnorg »

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 05:48:15 PM »

We lent the NATIONAL Library our big flag.. He made availible his stuff to the Library as well..

I get the feeling that he charged the library to borrow his stuff.. that is not confirmed tho, but Just by the way he was talking and moving i got the impression that he charged them!!

ah mean ah know yuh have to follow Club protocol and thing G..but ah woulda throw that in he flecking face  >:(
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 05:57:34 PM by Tallman »
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2006, 06:40:58 PM »
Was someone  fall asleep at the wheel? did someone  in the TTFF have ah brain fart?

How could they not collect valuable personal archives so that the nation 's treasures is protected from enterprising folks who are  in it just or the money?

I hope that the last  boots that Latas plays with for the national team is kept and archived for posterity. Once more I strongly advocate for:

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=7971.msg66292#msg66292

Ally yuh hrde fuh so yes....pick up on the thread and leh we beging the planning fuh a real national site for the people by the people of the people.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2006, 06:45:57 PM »
Was someone  fall asleep at the wheel? did someone  in the TTFF have ah brain fart?

How could they not collect valuable personal archives so that the nation 's treasures is protected from enterprising folks who are  in it just or the money?

TTFF don't have a brain to fart with... sorry couldn't resist.

If it's a choice between this guy getting the money or Jack, maybe this guy should have it.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2006, 07:34:52 PM »
oconnor...yuh eh tell da shithong haul he stinking c#nt....wha f#ckin langauge he want tuh hear
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Players overwhelmed by 'Journeys to World Cup'
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2006, 10:54:26 PM »
Players overwhelmed by 'Journeys to World Cup'
'Tiger' Phillips: Absolutely outstanding
by Kern De Freitas (Express)

Tuesday, May 30th 2006

"Outstanding. Just absolutely outstanding, breathtaking and nostalgic."

That was the response from starry-eyed former national goalkeeper and current technical director of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF), Lincoln "Tiger" Phillips, following the official launch of the NALIS/T&TFF National Heritage Football Exhibition, titled "Trinidad and Tobago's Journeys to the World Cup", at the amphitheatre of the National Library on Abercromby St, Port of Spain yesterday.

Phillips was lost for words when he arrived at the third floor of the library to view the exhibit following the official part of the function and said the display gave him "goose bumps".

"Before I went to play a big game, the palms of my hand would be sweating. That is the feeling I am getting now just standing here right now," he told the Express.

"And with (former T&T captain) Sedley Joseph here, we have been through so much together, makes this so fantastic."

NALIS, in conjunction with the T&TFF, presented the exhibition in tribute to the T&T "Soca Warriors", who after more than four decades of attempting to qualify for the World Cup-including near misses on the road to the 1974 and 1990 tournaments-are finally set to make their debut at this year's Finals in Germany next week.

Also at the function were T&TFF president Oliver Camps, along with former national players Clayton Morris, Brian Williams, Philbert Jones and Everard "Gally" Cummings, who was also coach of the "Strike Squad", which needed just one point to qualify for Italia 90 but lost 1-0 to the USA at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on November 19,1989.

The display includes memorabilia from past and current national footballers, including large photographs of T&T's World Cup squad.

There were also DVDs of the national team's return leg playoff in Bahrain last November, as well as websites dedicated to the local footballers.

There was also a large collage of newspaper articles and photos from as far back as the 1970s, relating to past T&T World Cup campaigns, as well as of jubilant scenes from Bahrain and here in Trinidad and Tobago after the team qualified for the 2006 World Cup.

In his address, Camps explained the importance of the exhibit in showing youngsters the history of T&T football, to inspire them to aspire for greatness.

He also added that the "Soca Warriors" not only had direct benefits for the players themselves, but helped put T&T on the map via the "greatest event in the world", with the greatest viewership, even higher than the Olympic Games.

The national team, currently at a pre-tournament training camp in Austria, play their first match in the World Cup against Group B opponents Sweden in Dortmund on June 10, followed by England on June 15 and Paraguay on June 20.

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2006, 08:11:13 AM »

I hope that the last  boots that Latas plays with for the national team is kept and archived for posterity. Once more I strongly advocate for:

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=7971.msg66292#msg66292

Ally yuh hrde fuh so yes....pick up on the thread and leh we beging the planning fuh a real national site for the people by the people of the people.

I really down with it .. Leh we do something..

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2006, 09:28:38 AM »
I know wah language he want to hear: HYMC
Warrior For Life !!

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 06:27:34 AM »
hey doh forget...
noone was allowed to set up the exhibit other than himself, only he can touch the items....

AND...he was responsible fuh he own labeling of  his items on display...which means he put he Name, he company and he contact number up for d world to see...

hence...

1. He effin charge we NATIONAL LIBRARY to use the items making profit fuh free;

2. The exhition is a form ah free marketing for he to make more effin money fuh free...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2006, 06:48:53 AM »
I real applaud allyuh efforts in truth

Although I not against ah man makin ah profit...it real shameful de way he move
On the other hand (and I playin devils advocate here) de man really wont know if you makin ah profit off of him and his efforts

However, if he did charge the library...he cant demand compensation directly..the library has to do it

but is Trinidad oui...anyting does play
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 06:52:27 AM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2006, 06:53:06 AM »

On the other hand (and I playin devils advocate here) de man really wont know if you makin ah profit off of him and his efforts

However, if he did charge the library...he cant demand compensation directly..the library has to do it

Thanks man.. We trying down here...

But what efforts.. lol. He en pay for ANY of the stuff he has... He free loading on his PADNERS efforts..

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2006, 06:55:51 AM »
and yuh know...we tell d man we go put watermark and lil captions  etc etc etc to protect he....he woulda end up gettin a lot more publicity that he realise if we d put he stuff on dis here site...but he d just wha hear bout money.....leh he scratch he balls an wait there...schhhuuuuuuuupppppppppppppppppssssssssssssssssssssssss.................

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2006, 07:02:47 AM »

Thanks man.. We trying down here...

But what efforts.. lol. He en pay for ANY of the stuff he has... He free loading on his PADNERS efforts..

Again, I playin devils advocate

If somebody take time to collect all the momentos over the months, years what ever

OK So he had a little easier time in getting it, to me its no different than if Latas and the rest of the team pelt he shoe or jersey into de crowd and everytime the same people end up ketchin it
It was free

The efforts are ensuring that they remain in pristine condition...for personal use or personal gain

My issue wit he is
 a) he move real dread....but dais how businessman does drop it...no scene
 Â b) he eh supposed to talk money wit you AT ALL because de library done pay he (allegedly)

Are/were media or tv journalists allowed to take pictures??

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2006, 07:28:39 AM »
Ah hear what yuh saying....

but
1. He is an unpatriotic free loader ..

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2006, 07:41:19 AM »
As president of the local chapter of the supporters committee bet the Media woulda take pictures of me ranting on he sorry tail...cause if he was this socalled supporter and collector of memorablia he would have known about this and all supporter clubs...just another 2-bit hustler...the language we woulda talk woulda get meh banned from the National Library for making to much noise...the more things change, the more they are the same...35 yrs ago ah get posted away for talking the same language of defending the rights of the ppl.....Not only the ppl -regardless of who they pay- Jack, Government, Foreign investors - does pay to help raise and put our own ppl in positions to get an opportunity, and then they must again pay these shiesters to view wha they pay for.....Do yuh business guy, carefulll yuh doh miss and sell yuh soul.....but then yuh wouldn't know if yuh did ent ? so wha you care.....Unless the language you didn't hear was please, then roll...
Could I know the man's business, so I could speak to my ppl about boycotts please.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Forumites, Go down to the National Library and take een d Exhibition
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 11:54:06 AM »
Forumites,

I know Oconnorg informed us about the Exhibit and what not, but I would like to reiterate his sentiments.

It is a very good Exhibiton and If it could be displayed in other parts of TT and abroad that would be a welcome thing.

A sudden rain ketch meh by the Red House on my lunch hr and so I sought refuge outside the library...then I say wait nah lemme go check out this exhibit and two flights of stairs later I signed the Entry Book and walked in.

I cyar lie it was an emotional thing for me.....you see not only were the Warriors merchandise and memorabilia on display but stuff from the 89 and 73 campaigns as well.

I was transported to when I was a little boy and my father and I used to go to the stadium to watch every TT game....something like Big and Small Magician.

Imagine they had the cardboard cutout hat, the road to Italy stickers with the ball and Flag, copies of the match day program, the Strike Squad song book etc.
A Super Blue record, books, articles etc.

Imagine I used to have all these things knocking all over the house during that time. There was even a pristine Nov 19th entry ticket.
I had my own, up to 2000 in a drawer just before I moved up to the U.S.

They have the boots latas, Yorke and Stern wore for the Peru game and I jest cyar understand how stern does fall down so, the blades on the boots good.
Yorke wore the new old school adidas boot, also the right boot slightly stretch out by the ankle/heel area so he either collect a blade or he have a dread semi-bandy.

They have a big picture of the stadium on Nov 19....hrm that was a day yes.

Full size pix of the players and fans, pix of Nov 16 in town...when I tell you...the lil walk in the room just allows you to relive the campaigns and let you reflect on your experience as a fan.

Then I rocked back on one of the computers and looked at the bahrain game which was showing.

Also there are pieces of paper showing links to none other than this site, the warrior nation, the message board etc.

So football fans and citizens of TT.....take yuh chirren, relive some moments and share with them our WC journey.

Oh Last ting....Exhibit finishes in July I think so pass tru when yuh have a chance.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 11:55:53 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Forumites, Go down to the National Library and take een d Exhibition
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2006, 11:56:48 AM »
sure thing. that sound really good. i hadda check it out.
d original WARRIOR PRINCESS. win or lose i am a FIGHTER.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2006, 11:59:44 AM »
Waaaay, this songing real boss.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2006, 12:03:04 PM »
Thanks Touches buh no pictures yet eh :(

There were some pictures taken by my self that i had posted up some time ago.!

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>