March 28, 2024, 08:51:41 AM

Author Topic: Now Walcott has Jamacian heritage  (Read 12921 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Now Walcott has Jamacian heritage
« on: June 11, 2006, 01:52:50 PM »
England's teenaged star Walcott linked to Jamaica
Inside Germany 2006
CMC
Sunday, June 11, 2006

BRIDGETOWN, Barbados (CMC) - Arsenal and England's teenaged prodigy Theo Walcott has Jamaican heritage, the player's mother has indicated.

Originally it was reported that Walcott had links to Barbados and was related to West Indies cricket legend Sir Clyde Walcott. The early debate surrounded the country of his grandfather and grandmother.
But the 17-year-old's mother Lynn said the player was not related to Sir Clyde, as both grandparents were from Jamaica.
"They never said they were from Barbados," Lynn, a British-born midwife who is married to Don Walcott, a second generation Jamaican, said recently.

"They are from Jamaica. I always knew my husband's family was from Jamaica. All the brothers and sisters have been back to Jamaica except Don."
Wendell Walcott, Theo's grandfather, moved to England from Jamaica in the 1950s.

Don, a former RAF officer, has one older brother Jimmy and three sisters Yvonne, Yvette and Jennifer.
Like most families from the Caribbean, they remain very close and Theo is in constant contact with his cousins.
Theo was born in London, but the family moved to Compton when he was 10.

Theo and his father moved from Compton back to London when he signed with Arsenal.
Lynn said she was extremely proud of Theo's achievements in his brief career.

"A lot of attention is being showered on Theo and I'm extremely delighted for him," she noted.

"But he will always be my little baby. I've got three lovely children and Theo is the last, so he's the baby. He's a special boy and has the love of his entire family. His dad, Don has been by his side throughout, and everyone is totally excited and thrilled."

Lynn said she always had high hopes for Theo and knew some day he would make it to the top of the footballing ladder. Like many others, she however did not believe it could happen this fast.

"People have always told us that he had the talent. He always said he wanted to play in the World Cup and from when he was a little boy I always believed he had it in him. But my goodness, we never thought he would be so soon," she revealed.
"Theo always spoke about making it to the World Cup. The world will see what he has to offer I'm sure. He's a very calm individual, very measured and has an old head on his young shoulders.

She added: "This was his ultimate dream, and it looks like he's fulfilled his dream. I guess he needs a new dream, now. But he's a dreamer and he has high ambitions, which he learned from his family."

Theo did not play on Saturday in England's 1-0 victory over Paraguay, their opening World Cup game.
If he had, he would have created history by becoming the second youngest player ever in a World Cup, at age 17 years, 87 days - 45 days older than all-time record holder Norman Whiteside.
Should he score in the tournament, he will be the youngest ever goal-scorer, beating Pele's record of 17 years and 239 days.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 01:54:27 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
Re: Now Walcott has Jamacian heritage
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 01:59:35 PM »
He will have no impact whatsoever in this tournament. This is a gamble that will not pay off. He is totally out of depth and looks the part on the field.

BTW - Judging by the reggaeboyz, Isn't everybody black in England Jamaican?
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 02:03:36 PM »
He will have no impact whatsoever in this tournament. This is a gamble that will not pay off. He is totally out of depth and looks the part on the field.

why you say that ??
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 02:18:34 PM »

I know you have to be kiddiing by that statement ?

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=16012.0

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 02:35:23 PM »
England's teenaged star Walcott linked to Jamaica
Inside Germany 2006
CMC
Sunday, June 11, 2006

BRIDGETOWN, Barbados (CMC) - Arsenal and England's teenaged prodigy Theo Walcott has Jamaican heritage, the player's mother has indicated.

Originally it was reported that Walcott had links to Barbados and was related to West Indies cricket legend Sir Clyde Walcott. The early debate surrounded the country of his grandfather and grandmother.
But the 17-year-old's mother Lynn said the player was not related to Sir Clyde, as both grandparents were from Jamaica.
"They never said they were from Barbados," Lynn, a British-born midwife who is married to Don Walcott, a second generation Jamaican, said recently.

"They are from Jamaica. I always knew my husband's family was from Jamaica. All the brothers and sisters have been back to Jamaica except Don."
Wendell Walcott, Theo's grandfather, moved to England from Jamaica in the 1950s.

Don, a former RAF officer, has one older brother Jimmy and three sisters Yvonne, Yvette and Jennifer.
Like most families from the Caribbean, they remain very close and Theo is in constant contact with his cousins.
Theo was born in London, but the family moved to Compton when he was 10.

Theo and his father moved from Compton back to London when he signed with Arsenal.
Lynn said she was extremely proud of Theo's achievements in his brief career.

"A lot of attention is being showered on Theo and I'm extremely delighted for him," she noted.

"But he will always be my little baby. I've got three lovely children and Theo is the last, so he's the baby. He's a special boy and has the love of his entire family. His dad, Don has been by his side throughout, and everyone is totally excited and thrilled."

Lynn said she always had high hopes for Theo and knew some day he would make it to the top of the footballing ladder. Like many others, she however did not believe it could happen this fast.

"People have always told us that he had the talent. He always said he wanted to play in the World Cup and from when he was a little boy I always believed he had it in him. But my goodness, we never thought he would be so soon," she revealed.
"Theo always spoke about making it to the World Cup. The world will see what he has to offer I'm sure. He's a very calm individual, very measured and has an old head on his young shoulders.

She added: "This was his ultimate dream, and it looks like he's fulfilled his dream. I guess he needs a new dream, now. But he's a dreamer and he has high ambitions, which he learned from his family."

Theo did not play on Saturday in England's 1-0 victory over Paraguay, their opening World Cup game.
If he had, he would have created history by becoming the second youngest player ever in a World Cup, at age 17 years, 87 days - 45 days older than all-time record holder Norman Whiteside.
Should he score in the tournament, he will be the youngest ever goal-scorer, beating Pele's record of 17 years and 239 days.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

CBC(Barbados) were bigging him up nuff, he dad lied about being related to Clyde Walcott & Now This.
I never seen someone try so had to be Bajan, :rotfl: (no offence to Bajans :angel:)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 02:49:53 PM by Carib-briton(aka Futbol) »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 02:42:32 PM »

Steups  :rotfl:, no and there are more Africans than they are in the UK than Caribbean people period. (well African-Caribbean)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 02:57:46 PM »
i  see you all at war with the african community!! keep away from the african girls now

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 03:08:31 PM »
Doesn't everyone have Jamaican heritage?  :rotfl:

Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 03:10:42 PM »
i  see you all at war with the african community!! keep away from the african girls now
Your an Idiot, keep ur stupid comments to urself. ;) ;D
about keep away from african girls I have good Caribbean & African Friends, about war.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 03:11:45 PM »
Doesn't everyone have Jamaican heritage?  :rotfl:

Stop Please Your Bringing Back Some Silly Memories  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 03:12:42 PM »
he better go play for jamaica instead... i have a feeling after this WC he would be forgot abt

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 03:14:22 PM »
he better go play for jamaica instead... i have a feeling after this WC he would be forgot abt
Too Late.
Too Late.lol

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 04:23:44 PM »
Your an Idiot, keep ur stupid comments to urself. ;) ;D
about keep away from african girls I have good Caribbean & African Friends, about war.

Easy now futbol  not so serious now
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 04:35:00 PM by triniman »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 04:33:30 PM »
RF must be holdin he stones and bawlin,to bad he cyar play for de reggaeboyz.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2006, 04:44:38 PM »

Easy now futbol  not so serious now

ok ;D :beermug: **Takes back comments**
RF must be holdin he stones and bawlin,to bad he cyar play for de reggaeboyz.
:rotfl:

1]; } ?>