March 28, 2024, 09:40:07 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs England game (15-June-2006).  (Read 185392 times)

Offline Verteidiger

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs England game.
« Reply #840 on: June 16, 2006, 07:45:15 AM »
AND THEN...

to add insult to injury...While that cheater crouch was playing barber..ah next consummate shit hound was on Sky Sports belittling us. Engalnd jus eek out the win..and there is Michael Owen talking about..they played well..but..no disrespect to them..we played well enough..just to defeat them..but when we play teh "bigger" teams..we will turn it up..Beckham there trying to be a captain..commending the performance and saying how England showed grit to come out with the win..doh mind the grabbing tall man was in action...and flicking Michael Owen..who eh make a anote for the whole match..talking bout no disrespect..but we played well enough just to beat them..

This is too much..the mighty England..still shell shocked by the performance of the minnows..like some of them just doh want to give us props..but that is ok..the World is watching...

Would you believe..an English girl who was liming with us..justified the referree actions by saying he was strict?? craziness yes..more like kissing ass and making sure there are no more upsets..especially for "Title Contenders" England

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #841 on: June 16, 2006, 08:06:38 AM »
NUREMBERG, June 15: England stuttered into the second round of the World Cup here Thursday after late goals from Peter Crouch and Steven Gerrard handed them a flattering 2-0 victory over Trinidad and Tobago.

Crouch, who had missed a series of chances throughout the match, finally made amends seven minutes from time when he outjumped defender Brent Sancho to nod home a pinpoint cross from David Beckham.

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard rifled in a thunderous shot from the edge of the area in the first minute of injury time to make sure of the points for England at Nuremberg's Frankenstadion.

England captain David Beckham said he had never been concerned, even though he ended up in the unaccustomed position of right back after Sven-Goran Eriksson sent on Wayne Rooney and Aaron Lennon during the second-half.

"I wasn't anxious because we never give up. That's the message we gave out with this result," said the Real Madrid star.

"We knew it would be tough, but we never expected to walk it. We knew they would put 11 men behind ball and they made it hard.

"They kept to their game plan and we found it hard to break them down. The good thing is we finished strongly.

"There is a slight tension when you are expected to win, but we stuck at our task and worked hard. The plus of the game is we got the goal we needed."

Scorecard | Match in pics

Beckham praised Eriksson for his double substitution which added a greater sense of urgency to England's play.

"I wasn't surprised to see Wayne (Rooney) come on. He is ready now and needs to get games. The manager made two good substitions. They were very postive.

"You've not seen the best of us yet but we've hopefully put ourselves in a good position. There is better to come and we just have to show that."

The victory guaranteed England a top-two finish in Group B but was desperately cruel on Trinidad and Tobago, who looked to be heading for a draw after keeping their superstar opponents at bay with a gutsy performance.

England will now play either Germany or Ecuador in the last 16.

Eriksson had thrown on a fit again Rooney in a desperate last-ditch gamble as England struggled to fire for the second game in succession.

But even Rooney's presence looked as if it wasn't going to stop Trinidad's 'Soca Warriors' from earning their second World Cup point following their shock 0-0 draw against Sweden last Saturday.

The smallest nation ever to take part in a World Cup, Trinidad and Tobago's squad is made up of professionals who play mostly in the lower reaches of British football.

But the motley crew from clubs such as Wrexham, Gillingham, Port Vale and Falkirk refused to be intimidated by England's galaxy of stars, who dominated throughout only for wayward finishing to let them down.

With their forwards misfiring throughout the first half, it was not long before England's supporters began chanting the name of Rooney, and the Manchester United star's name began to be heard as early as the 29th minute.

The longer the half went on, the more jittery England appeared to become and they reached the end of the opening 45 minutes grateful not to be a goal down after Trinidad twice went close to scoring.

Their best chance came on the stroke of half-time when England needed a goal-line clearance from John Terry to rescue them after Stern John had tried to bundle in a looping effort from Carlos Edwards.

John had sent English hearts fluttering in the 37th minute, when Dwight Yorke's corner from the left eluded everyone
only to be headed wide by the Coventry striker at the far post.

The near-miss appeared to serve as a wake-up call for England who promptly had the Trinidad defence back under pressure, only for a lack of composure to deny them a goal.

Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard missed the first chance, sending a close-range shot sailing over the bar on 41 minutes after a clever knock-back from Michael Owen.

But the biggest culprit was Crouch. A swift breakout from defence saw the ball transferred to Beckham, who picked out an unmarked Crouch in acres of space in the middle of the area.

The 6ft 7in striker was unable to provide the finish that Beckham's superb cross deserved however, slicing a first time volley embarrassingly wide of goal to groans from England's fans.

That was the cue for more chants of 'Rooney, Rooney' and after John's near-miss in stoppage time, England's players trudged in at half-time to the sounds of boos from sections of their fans.
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline Crissy D

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T VS. ENGLAND....... COME & VENT!
« Reply #842 on: June 16, 2006, 08:41:00 AM »
People, we played a mean game yesterday.........we were getting there, to the point of almost scoring the 1st goal to the end of the second half, but there were forces woking aginst us! The refree was givin us yellow cards like Santa Claus with gifts at Christmas time :P, and one of the most rediculous reasons 4WASTING TIME! We got five I believe...England got one, and not for pullig on Sancho's hair. Non the less BIG BIG BIG respect to the SOCA WARRIORS for that exciting, beautiful game yesterday.
If yuh have it..........flaunt it!

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
Re: York & Beckhum!
« Reply #843 on: June 16, 2006, 09:24:30 AM »
New Break on German television. York and Beckhum were caught banging two German chicks together! York was really representing, This was according to the German press! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

WTF WRONG WIT U
HOW U ONLY POSTING SHIT
FIRST IS ENGLAND GAME TO BE REPLAYED.....CHECK FIFA
NOW YORK AND BECKHUM CAUGHT BANGING,,, CHECK GERMAN PRESS
AND DEN U CHANGE IT QUICK QUICK TO LESSEN DE CUSS
U PROLLY GOING TO TELL ME THAT ITS NOT YORKE AND BECKHAM U TALKING ABOUT...IZ SOME FELLAS CALLED YORK AND BECKHUM........U FEEL NOBODY GO PICK UP DAT ORWAT

U IS A RELL CLOWN YES
GO IN DE F()KIN JOKE SECTION NAH

If u didnt no the german press lie about everything to get teams morale low.
Dey jus liars.
And u stupid if u believe that
Plus get de spelling right its YORKE and BECKHAM not York and beckhum
everyone no german chicks r ugly anyhow

Offline goodfootball171267

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T VS. ENGLAND....... COME & VENT!
« Reply #844 on: June 16, 2006, 10:03:05 AM »
Nice Game ... bit of bad luck with the Crouch Header.  He was having a shitty game up until then.  We need to believe that Sweden will lose to England and we will beat Paraguay and go through on goal diff.

Offline jaws

• DC/MD Warrior
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Arima massive!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: June 16, 2006, 10:15:02 AM »
GOOD game, real proud ah de boys.... BUT, game DONE!!!
Lewwe focus some positives vibes on de Para game...
"Greatness is not one big thing being done: it's all the small things being done well"

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: June 16, 2006, 10:20:17 AM »
It was a good game, still proud of our boys, warrior 4 ever...

now Leo we have to go all out attack vs Paraguay, take no prisoners

;D

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: June 16, 2006, 10:31:43 AM »
if ah get hold ah da referee.....

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: June 16, 2006, 10:32:54 AM »
Vibes it up     Vibes it up
leh we POSITIVE  Vibes it up.

So do we have to beat Paraguay by two goals to move on or wha?

England hadda beat Sweden and not let dem score, and yea we have to beat Paraguay by at least 2 goals

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Moment of the Day
« Reply #849 on: June 17, 2006, 01:37:26 AM »
Source: fifa .com

Wayne Rooney comes on and sparks England into life

How England needed some inspiration. They were toiling to knock over Trinidad and Tobago, the surprise packet of the tournament so far, a Caribbean ensemble who will fight to the bitter end while displaying the assurance and poise of seasoned FIFA World Cup campaigners rather than the debutants they are. Indeed there were times when T&T were not so much hanging on as looking in danger of creating one of the biggest shocks of all time.

Enter young Rooney, at 20 already an instantly recognisable figure on the world stage and on whose broad shoulders rest an entire nation's hopes of ending 40 years of hurt. He will obviously need more involvement than these 32 minutes to rediscover his full fitness after a broken metatarsal but crucially for England’s chances, there seemed no inhibition in his movement. His touch, moreover, was as instant and clean as always.

No one should underestimate, though, the contribution of fellow substitute Aaron Lennon whose pace exposed the tiring limbs of those doughty West Indian defenders. They had reached one lofty peak with the 0-0 draw achieved with ten men on their FIFA World Cup debut against Sweden and now they looked to go one step higher.

Lennon constantly had the beating of his man and widened England’s options significantly. Leo Beenhakker’s men tried to take advantage on the counter as England’s desperation grew. But there was more purpose to their play now and with seven minutes remaining David Beckham hit a diagonal cross to tempt Peter Crouch and a firm header gave them the lead.

Just thought I will post this because of how proud I am of my boys
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: York & Beckhum!
« Reply #850 on: June 17, 2006, 10:08:59 AM »
New Break on German television. York and Beckhum were caught banging two German chicks together! York was really representing, This was according to the German press! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

WTF WRONG WIT U
HOW U ONLY POSTING SHIT
FIRST IS ENGLAND GAME TO BE REPLAYED.....CHECK FIFA
NOW YORK AND BECKHUM CAUGHT BANGING,,, CHECK GERMAN PRESS
AND DEN U CHANGE IT QUICK QUICK TO LESSEN DE CUSS
U PROLLY GOING TO TELL ME THAT ITS NOT YORKE AND BECKHAM U TALKING ABOUT...IZ SOME FELLAS CALLED YORK AND BECKHUM........U FEEL NOBODY GO PICK UP DAT ORWAT

U IS A RELL CLOWN YES
GO IN DE F()KIN JOKE SECTION NAH

If u didnt no the german press lie about everything to get teams morale low.
Dey jus liars.
And u stupid if u believe that
Plus get de spelling right its YORKE and BECKHAM not York and beckhum
everyone no german chicks r ugly anyhow

JUB02
I would be carefull with what I say if I were you.   When you speak about germans Please I say please do not generalize. Thank you for your understanding
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: June 17, 2006, 10:30:10 AM »
What have me vex the most..is that the referee was noticeably BIASED...he give us cards for all kinda shit..and basically give England license to walk all over us. It was rela heart breaking to see the referee screw us time and time again..and then to make things worse..he didn't see when that shit hound crouch nearly make Sancho a baldhead...The MIGHTY england..needed 14 men (11 and the 3 officials cause Stern goal was legitamite)  to beat the minnows from the Caribbean.. SOCA WARRIORS YOU DID US PROUD!!! My respect for england have diminished big time..Gerrard screaming like a bitch..and the referre blowing for him..all kinda tactics to beat lowly T&T...I hope you all realise HOW GOOD we played today..I think the word is PHENOMENAL..

The sad thing is you not going to hear the British and yankee media talking about the biased ref..but I guess thas life..we can't do anything about it..but just continue playing with the passion and pride that we have been..

On to Paraguy fellas..all the best!!

I think you may need to watch the game again without your TnT spectacles on.

So what was your take on the game Pompey, cause obviously you watched it with English spectacles on. I'm sure to you the officiating was perfect, all the cards were warrented as well as all the calls and non calls.
The fact remains, we played very well against the "mighty" English(your team is not that good) with their high paid "superstars" and you needed to call on everyone of them and the ref to beat us.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline GyurlTrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Profile
« Reply #852 on: June 17, 2006, 12:22:23 PM »
What have me vex the most..is that the referee was noticeably BIASED...he give us cards for all kinda shit..and basically give England license to walk all over us. It was rela heart breaking to see the referee screw us time and time again..and then to make things worse..he didn't see when that shit hound crouch nearly make Sancho a baldhead...The MIGHTY england..needed 14 men (11 and the 3 officials cause Stern goal was legitamite)  to beat the minnows from the Caribbean.. SOCA WARRIORS YOU DID US PROUD!!! My respect for england have diminished big time..Gerrard screaming like a bitch..and the referre blowing for him..all kinda tactics to beat lowly T&T...I hope you all realise HOW GOOD we played today..I think the word is PHENOMENAL..

The sad thing is you not going to hear the British and yankee media talking about the biased ref..but I guess thas life..we can't do anything about it..but just continue playing with the passion and pride that we have been..

On to Paraguy fellas..all the best!!

Allyuh wud b glad 2 know dat it have a FIFA comittee currently investigatin d way d referee performed in dat match & dat 1 a d major tings dey investigatin is d 1st goal made against T&T by Crouch afta pictures & video footage of dat incident aired on German television several times later in d day showin very clearly dat he was pullin Sancho hair. I also hear dat dey investigatin d decision d referee made 2 make Stern John goal a foul & sum1 tell me it was on news las nite dat d referee get fired. Look d online articles I find bout it:

http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,39297.html
http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,39269.html
Luv Kat

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 17, 2006, 08:00:09 PM »
did anyone hear the rumor that the referee from the England v T&T game was sent home after they found out that he was favouring England?

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
Re: Will Benhakker being staying on as coach?
« Reply #854 on: June 17, 2006, 08:27:02 PM »
Benhakker would not come back to Trinidad. He have done his job. I hope we get a new coach as soon as possible and start training for 2010. Please let us not do what Jamaica did

meh boy i have news for you... beenie most likely staying after the WC according to uncle jack... so if yuh hopes was high for another coach hard lucks then... if beenie leave we would most likely degrade again... just as we always do when we change coaches due to variations in styles... hopefully we wont make the mistake of firing him for some lil stupidness like we did with Bertille after the goal cup that year... if we ever have to get someone to replace beenie we would have to go thru a tough selection to find the best person... if u notice alotta the good international teams these days hire coaches who follow similar styles to their predecessors though attitudes may differ and i doubt anyone down here have time for that

Offline GyurlTrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Profile
« Reply #855 on: June 18, 2006, 08:40:30 AM »
did anyone hear the rumor that the referee from the England v T&T game was sent home after they found out that he was favouring England?

Yea someone told me dey hear it on d news or someting on Friday ... I know his decisions are being reviewed, tho, cuz I read several articles bout dat.
Luv Kat

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: June 18, 2006, 11:14:29 AM »

Yea someone told me dey hear it on d news or someting on Friday ... I know his decisions are being reviewed, tho, cuz I read several articles bout dat.

Which Articles?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Thread for the T&T vs England game (15-June-2006).
« Reply #857 on: June 15, 2015, 07:26:46 AM »
'Peter Crouch is probably the most hated Englishman in our history'
By Rob Stevens (BBC Sport)

"I think Peter Crouch is probably the most hated Englishman in the history of Trinidad and Tobago because of that goal."

Nine years on, Brent Sancho can look back on the moment that sent both players into the footballing history of two small Caribbean islands with a bit of pride and dry humour.

There were eight minutes left of the goalless group match between England and Trinidad and Tobago at the 2006 World Cup in Germany when Crouch, then a Liverpool striker, used the defender's dreadlocks to help lever himself up to head home a trademark David Beckham cross.

Despite the clear infringement the goal stood.

"It is folklore here in Trinidad. It is one of those things that anywhere I go, people will always remind me," Sancho told BBC Radio Kent.

"Everyone has their spin on it - where they were when it happened and their dislike for him."

Crouch's goal saved England's embarrassment and Steven Gerrard added another goal in stoppage time to seal a 2-0 win.

England had almost slipped up against the smallest nation to ever qualify for the World Cup, and a squad containing 15 players who played in England or Scotland.

The Three Lions went on to exit the tournament at the quarter-final stage, losing to Portugal on penalties, while Trinidad and Tobago finished bottom of the group.

However, Sancho, who was then at Gillingham, has not rued what might have been and is proud to have been part of the first Trinidad and Tobago squad to play at the World Cup.

"I remember the game very vividly - holding off the English for 82 minutes until Peter scored that infamous goal," the 38-year-old added.

"Those things are part of football. I hold no animosities towards Peter - I think he is an absolutely fabulous player.

"It was such a brilliant fight from the guys. We really held our own and we walked out of that game being able to hold our heads up high.

"The performance against England, as a Trinbagonian and one of the 11 participants on the field, is something we can always look back at as something that was truly magnificent.

"We have struggled with our crime rate here in Trinidad and during games in the World Cup, crime went to practically zero. It is a testament to sports and what sports can do."

Sancho has not followed a traditional path since retiring from playing. Rather than go into coaching, management or punditry, the giant defender is now Minister for Sport in the government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.

"It is a lot different walking the streets of Gillingham to the offices of the Parliament of Trinidad and Tobago," he said.

"It is a bit of a change but at the same point in time it is such a great achievement to be able to continue to represent my country.

"I got involved in the administration side of football when I finished playing. Politics was nowhere near my agenda.

"I don't view myself as a politician. I view myself as a sportsman with a task of implementing and changing the projection of sports in this country.

"I am very proud of being part of this government. I think the Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago has done a tremendous job in putting sports at the front and changing the scope of sports in this country.

"That was one of the things that really attracted me to the job."

Sancho believes his playing career in Britain - including spells at Dundee and Ross County - has played its part in his move into politics.

"My life experiences in the UK in general, living in Scotland and Maidstone and playing for Gillingham, has contributed heavily towards who I am now," he said.

"Being able to meet various people, living in the English culture and being part of the professional set-up in England has paved the way for me, in terms of where I am now.

"It is a lot different to being here on the island. The professionalism, mentality and work ethic of the English and the Americans has really sculpted me as an individual.

"It has probably put me on the platform for this new career I am just starting in."

VIDEO: - World Cup 2006 England Trinidad and Tobago Match Highlights

« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 07:30:39 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>