March 28, 2024, 03:26:12 PM

Author Topic: What a heartbreak! How are you coping?  (Read 1841 times)

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What a heartbreak! How are you coping?
« on: June 20, 2006, 08:41:44 PM »

It hurts.  Even as I think about the enormity of our accomplishment, right now the loss still hurts.  Hopefully in a few days we will all be able to shake it off and not be vengeful or bitter. Ah know that in a few weeks the only thing that most of the people (whom I know or will encounter)  will remember is that T&T made it to the world cup; and for me too when I look back, my bright smile will return.

In the meantime what are people doing to cope with this brief grieving period.  What are folks listening to these days? Is it helpful to back an underdog team?

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What a heartbreak! How are you coping?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 08:54:07 PM »
Cheer up boss.
The mere fact that we can feel the hurt after this game means that we have exceeded expectations.
We went to Germany mainly to do damage control, instead we were vying for a second round place in the second half of our final game. That is why we sad now.
Nobody more proud of the effort than me.
We concede an own goal, a foul goal and 2 goals while we were attacking and leaving the back open.
Trus me, T&T will be a power in CONCACAF in the years to come. Mexico and USA will have to look at us differently now.
The boys gave their all, and that is what make me proud. The world knows about T*T now.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 08:54:44 PM »
my man could leave me for a nex man an dat will never hurt like how it hurtin now.

two years wit dis team fuh dis campaign, all d stress, d vexation, d happiness,d tears, d joy. ah wouldnt have it any other way.

i feel like i squeeze all 24 of dem out my womb (beenhakker included).
however i real proud now. i couldnt ask for more.

we startin afresh for 2010 an i go be right in d mix again.

i love my soca warriors! now an forever!

bless!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Source

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 08:55:23 PM »
What you feeling is labor pain because we giving birth to a beautiful brand of football that in four years will take us to South Africa. Now is time to rejoice in the hope we have.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 09:07:32 PM »
What you feeling is labor pain because we giving birth to a beautiful brand of football that in four years will take us to South Africa. Now is time to rejoice in the hope we have.

err... what a unique way to put it... but u have a great point... have no fear... in 2010 we would have many guys with the experience of the WC in south africa... we no longer going to be considered the whipping boys... unless the rest of the world aint learn their lesson by then... i proud yet of their accomplishment this WC... real damn proud... and yes im sad... but we have a new campaign to look foward to soon

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 09:17:37 PM »
my man could leave me for a nex man an dat will never hurt like how it hurtin now.

two years wit dis team fuh dis campaign, all d stress, d vexation, d happiness,d tears, d joy. ah wouldnt have it any other way.

i feel like i squeeze all 24 of dem out my womb (beenhakker included).
however i real proud now. i couldnt ask for more.

we startin afresh for 2010 an i go be right in d mix again.

i love my soca warriors! now an forever!

bless!!

Ok well yuh help me cope right there eh.

I know yuh real pretty and yuh sexy eh so when yuh talk bout yuh womb it produce good thoughts...that was sufficient to take meh mind away from the hurt ;)

BUT when yuh say bout squeezing 24 hard back man outta yuh womb (including Beenhakker) that was ah stretch (no pun intended)

Anyway vibes it up people....We should be proud :chilling:

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 09:17:49 PM »
One word....rum and coke.

Erm...uh...two...no three words :-\ .

Offline shivadee

• Full Warrior
  • There is only ONE number 7. And its worn in Trini
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 12:38:05 PM »
I get up this morning feeling real sad. Went out for my morning run and was playing "Celebrate the day" the world cup theme..and tears come into my eyes. But it wasnt just sadness...tears of hope i guess. We fall so we can get back up again, fight again, we will climb to the top again. Warriors till death.

MickeyRat

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 12:42:43 PM »
I taking it out on the ladies......water gone! :mackdaddy:

1]; } ?>