May 29, 2024, 10:18:50 AM

Author Topic: Gillingham Signs Jack  (Read 7896 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Gillingham Signs Jack
« on: July 03, 2006, 08:42:29 AM »
Jack signs up with Gillingham.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

National team goalkeeper Kelvin Jack has become the first player to sign a new contract following this country’s appearance at the 2006 World Cup Finals.
Jack put pen to paper on Monday as he agreed to a new two-year deal with English League One club Gillingham where he will now join Soca Warriors teammates Brent Sancho and Ian Cox.
The 30-year-old former CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh ‘keeper was a free agent after seeing out his contract with Scottish club Dundee before the Germany experience and is now looking forward to playing on English soil.
“I’m delighted to have signed this deal with Gillingham,” Jack told TTFF Media on Monday. “Their ambitions interest me a lot and they want to get straight back into the Championship Division where they rightly belong and I am really looking forward to being part of that drive to help them realize this ambition.”
Jack had been weighing up other offers even before he appeared in T&T’s final match against Paraguay before deciding to sign up.
“There were some other clubs who showed interest but Gillingham came up with a concrete and decent offer and I felt I could go that direction especially as they showed a willingness to commit. And now of course being able to join Brent and Coxy is also a chance for us to form a formidable barrier and help the club push for promotion,” Jack added.
He is expected to go right into being the number one at Gillingham following the departures of Jason Brown and Paul Crichton. Among the other T&T players likely to be weighing up new offers include Carlos Edwards, Brent Sancho, Chris Birchall, Aurtis Whitley, Shaka Hislop and Dwight Yorke among others.
Jack gets permit... off to Gillingham.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Goalkeper Kelvin Jack obtained his work permit to complete his transfer to English club Gillingham and will depart this country on Monday to join his new club in the English League One.
Jack made the move from Scottish side Dundee to Gillingham on a two-year deal earlier this month but still had to go through the procedures to have his permit renewed and was given the all clear on Friday. He will link up with T&T teammates Brent Sancho and Ian Cox who have already begun preseason training with their teammates following their appearance at the World Cup Finals.
“It’s always something to get off your back when you have to get permit renewed because it’s no secret that I missed some matches at Dundee with injury but having gotten the permit I can no move over to Gillingham with a clear mind and get down to the business of preparing for the new season,” Jack told TTFF Media.
“I think it’s a positive step for me and I will be looking to go there and make an impression and hold on to the number one spot.”
The former CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh custodian also felt there was a form of positive coming out of T&T’s World Cup with the appointment of Wim Rijsbergen showing an attempt at continuity in the development of the team and the country’s football at large.
“We were disappointed after our last result but now we go into the future with some positives. We have shown that we can improve and that’s how we have to set about it now,” he said.
He also reflected on his calf injury which forced him out of the Sweden and England matches but made mention of his gratitude to Leo Beenhakker who have him the number one shirt for his first World Cup qualifier in charge of T&T in a 2-0 win over Panama in June, 2005 and subsequently the last match of the campaign versus Paraguay.
“I had a calf problem even though  I was desperate to play. Shaka stepped in and did well. I wasn’t sure I was going to play because Shaka didn’t do much wrong but on the other hand I didn’t do much wrong as well. I was thankful to the coach that he showed a lot of faith in me and I hope I can go on with this experience and continue to be an asset to our team,” Jack added. T&T’s two other goalies Shaka Hislop and Clayton Ince also made moves following the World Cup to Dallas FC and Walsall respectively.

Falkirk says Theobald not for sale.

An unnamed Austrian First Division club have made enquiries into midfielder Densill Theobald but have been told by Falkirk FC that he is unavailable and is a strong part of manager John Hughes’ plans for the upcoming 2006/2007 season.
Theobald is still at home and has been advised by T&T team doctor Terrence Babwah to rest a troubled knee for an extra two weeks. He has since been given the extra time off by Falkirk. Theobald fought off the knee problems during the World Cup but has since been advised to rest it before going into further serious action.
“I went through the World Cup fine with it but now I have been advise to rest it a bit and the club has allowed me some time off before the new season starts,” Theobald said. “It is true that a club was interested because they contacted me but they were also told by Falkirk that I am not for sale. I’m simply looking forward to making a stronger claim at the club for the new Scottish season,” he added.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 04:49:36 PM by Flex »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: Gillingham Signs Jack
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 08:49:24 AM »
Good for jack thought he would of been able to get championship contract.

Offline Skoobibloo

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 08:50:15 AM »
Damn beaten to it!!

I was coming on to let you guys know we've now got another Socawarrior Legend!!  :applause:

But after Brent Sancho's fantastic WC we can't see him being here for the start of the season, which is a pity because we all love him here!! Think he'll probably going to Germany or Belgium.

But I think Jack is a good signing for us and our keepers always get plenty of practice.... ;D

Go Warriors

GO GILLS
Now we have 2 of your boys playing for us...you should know the score!!

MickeyRat

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 08:50:26 AM »
Congrats Jack!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 08:57:01 AM »
Honestly, ah was hoping for a better club, but Jack's World Cup showcase did not go as planned due to the injury, and Shaka's outstanding performances lent fuel to the question of Jack as Beenie's choice for first keeper.  He needs to play though.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 08:59:21 AM »
Damn beaten to it!!

I was coming on to let you guys know we've now got another Socawarrior Legend!!  :applause:

But after Brent Sancho's fantastic WC we can't see him being here for the start of the season, which is a pity because we all love him here!! Think he'll probably going to Germany or Belgium.

But I think Jack is a good signing for us and our keepers always get plenty of practice.... ;DGo Warriors

GO GILLS

:rotfl:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 09:27:15 AM »
Damn beaten to it!!

But I think Jack is a good signing for us and our keepers always get plenty of practice.... ;DGo Warriors

GO GILLS

:rotfl:

then dis look like a gud signin, Jack wud be in regular action which shud keep him sharp for Trinbago  ;D
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 09:48:21 AM »
congrats jack....lock down de number one spot and hopefully continue to improve!
Back in Trini...

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 09:54:06 AM »
well done jack i personally think he could have done better though

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 10:19:44 AM »
Am alittle disappointed because i feel he could of at least make a championship side

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 10:22:41 AM »
Yeah me to but say what the question is who will be jacks back up keeper for 2010 we may be weak in that department. Suppose jack is injured..
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2006, 10:23:51 AM »
good luck jack, i'm glad you have signed for Gillingham,once it was not Chelsea. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i ent care i cant forget how he got beaten on the first post against paraguay, we were lucky the goal was ruled offside. >:(

Offline Trinione

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack to Gillingham?
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2006, 01:37:00 PM »
Gills complete Jack deal.
Skysports.

Gillingham have ended their pursuit of a new goalkeeper after announcing the signing of Dundee's Kelvin Jack. The experienced Trinidad & Tobago international has endured a mixed summer, having been all set to play in his country's first ever World Cup game against Sweden only to be sidelined in the pre-match warm-up.
Jack did, though, return for T&T's last group game against Paraguay and impressed sufficiently to win a move to England.
The 30-year-old will now join up with international team-mates Brent Sancho and Ian Cox at Priestfield, all but certain to start next season as the club's number one following the departures of Jason Brown and Paul Crichton.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 02:25:03 PM by Flex »

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack to Gillingham?
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2006, 02:01:53 PM »
well i wish jack the best i hope he can make a name for himself there and possibly even make it to the championship or better

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2006, 07:16:43 PM »
I hope that club is one that he will be the full time starter. I know one of their keepers transfer to a premiereship team. He was getting bad times with Dundee
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 07:19:22 PM by Babalawo »

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2006, 07:29:46 PM »
dats interesting the 2 center backs plus the GK where the red white and black. gillingham seems 2 b liking us
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2006, 07:37:06 PM »
Jack is lucky Gillingham signed him. He was injury prone and warmed the bench for an average Scottish premier league team last season and didn't really get to play much at the World Cup. He didn't look bad against Paraguay, but there was nothing to suggest an English Premier league or even championship team would look at him.

Now he should concentrate on earning the number 1 spot and playing his heart out and learning his profession. He has real talent and if he could smoothen out the rough edges, we will have a top class number one. He is young for a goalie..no disrespect to Gills, bu hopefully htis is a stepping stone to greater things. But for now...who ever expected Jack to get more just dreaming, cuz he didn't do anything to suggest that would happen. Right now, despite his age, premiership and championship teams would probably rather buy Shaka on a one year/two year contract

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2006, 07:39:28 PM »
dats interesting the 2 center backs plus the GK where the red white and black. gillingham seems 2 b liking us
Yeah, but don't forget that coach was bent on destroying Sancho's career.  So what go happen if three players want to go home to play for TT?  Well maybe two, because Coxy's days may be over for the National team!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2006, 09:07:15 PM »
Ah doh rate dat move, dat is not ah move tuh go forward, I'm very dissappointed wid dat move, but give thanks still.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2006, 10:03:05 PM »
Allyuh men who bad talking de move need to open allyuh eyes and realise that de glamour and glitz dont pay the bills.

An important part of jack's quote stated that there were other clubs interested but gillingham made a "concrete and decent offer".

I am happy that he was able to weigh up his options and make the best decision for himself and his family.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2006, 10:24:52 PM »

well done jack  :beermug:

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2006, 01:47:33 AM »
Jack is lucky Gillingham signed him. He was injury prone and warmed the bench for an average Scottish premier league team last season and didn't really get to play much at the World Cup. He didn't look bad against Paraguay, but there was nothing to suggest an English Premier league or even championship team would look at him.

Dundee was a Scottish first division team, not even Premier League. Gillingham is a step up.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2006, 04:51:37 PM »

Dundee was a Scottish first division team, not even Premier League. Gillingham is a step up.

I agree wid Andre about Jack making his decision on what is best for himself and his family, but doh tell meh dat Gillingham is ah step up. Ah doh think so buddy.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

1]; } ?>