April 25, 2024, 09:31:51 AM

Author Topic: Wim will wait until after big 6 competition to start digicel campaign  (Read 5080 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Digicel Cup prep starts after Big 6
Source: - Trinidad Express

WIM RIJSBERGEN will begin preparing the Trinidad and Tobago national football team for the Digicel Caribbean Cup at the conclusion of the T&T Pro League Big 6 competition which ends this weekend.

Rijsbergen was speaking following his trip to the United States to screen players for the Caribbean Cup which runs from January 12-23 in T&T.

The draw for the competition will be made at 10 a.m. today at the Crowne Plaza hotel, where representatives of T&T, Cuba, Martinique, Barbados, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Guyana and Guadeloupe, will draw for positions.

The Caribbean tournament is the main qualifier for the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup that is scheduled to take place from 6-24 June in cities across the USA. The top four Caribbean teams at the end of the Digicel Caribbean Cup will qualify for the Gold Cup.

Rijsbergen is in the same predicament faced by ex-coach Bertille St Clair, when his T&T team struggled to third place during last year's tournament in Barbados. Like St Clair, Rijsbergen's team will also be also be without most of T&T's foreign professionals who are unlikely to be released because the Digicel Caribbean Cup final falls on a date outside of FIFA'S officials match day calendar. Rijsbergen says his plans are to have a team made up of local players and a few youngsters based in the United States.

"Hopefully when the local league finishes with the Big 6, we will be able to identify all the local players we need and bring them together with the players we have seen in the United States. Then, we will be able to see how they compare with the locally-based players."

Rijsbergen has only just returned from the US on a screening mission where he looked at college and other footballers based there. On Tuesday night, the Dutchman was also seen at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, taking in Tuesday night's Big Six match between CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh and W Connection. After looking at some 30 players in South Carolina, Dutchman Rijsbergen said there were some prospects and that he was looking forward to bringing them together.

"It was a good trip and the boys were really enthusiastic," he said. "We were looking for players for the senior and under-20 teams and hopefully we will give a few others a chance as well. As soon as we can, maybe when the Big Six is over in December, we will begin the preparation for the Digicel Cup."

Rijsbergen said that one of the exercises he will be doing with his team is to show them a tape of Trinidad and Tobago's recent 4-1 defeat to Austria and explain to them the areas in which T&T footballers have to develop to reach international standard.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wim will wait until after big 6 competition to start digicel campaign
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 07:01:55 AM »

Rijsbergen said that one of the exercises he will be doing with his team is to show them a tape of Trinidad and Tobago's recent 4-1 defeat to Austria and explain to them the areas in which T&T footballers have to develop to reach international standard.

hmmm
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 07:23:35 AM »

hmmm

You going over to watch?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 07:54:42 AM »

hmmm

why the 'hmmmm'. i surprised they eh do that already

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 07:58:20 AM »

hmmm

Yes, we rearly have video review sessions. One reason for this is because our players are always on the go (club/country committment) and therefore sometimes never available.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 08:06:51 AM »

hmmm

Yes, we rearly have video review sessions. One reason for this is because our players are always on the go (club/country committment) and therefore sometimes never available.

Kingman

Yeah..I was being facetious when I said I was surprised they haven't done it yet. I was more interested in the 'hmmm'

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 08:10:26 AM »

hmmm

Kingman

well we need more video sessions, they should have a media team, putting together a package with video and notes from the coach, and someone delivering a copy to each player, watch it at night when yuh home resting to come to practice and review again fuss thing in the morn when you reach practice, while the team is in camp of course.
Whoever is out scouting opponents, should also bring back some video, with each players getting an edited compilation of games featuring their opponents, so you get to know them before you meet them on the field.
It might help seeing how much C Ronaldo like to cross over, before he come and try to rest it on yuh during the game.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 08:45:07 AM »
well we need more video sessions, they should have a media team, putting together a package with video and notes from the coach, and someone delivering a copy to each player, watch it at night when yuh home resting to come to practice and review again fuss thing in the morn when you reach practice, while the team is in camp of course.
Whoever is out scouting opponents, should also bring back some video, with each players getting an edited compilation of games featuring their opponents, so you get to know them before you meet them on the field.
It might help seeing how much C Ronaldo like to cross over, before he come and try to rest it on yuh during the game.
good post there
 with burning CD's so cheap and easy, I am sure that is another way to send info to our players.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 09:04:59 AM »
Any info on the draw this morning? I would hope to catch some warm up games over the christmas break.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 11:13:28 AM »
All I hear is that we playin B'dos om the 14th Jan. I miss the entire news story
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 12:12:46 PM »
All I hear is that we playin B'dos om the 14th Jan. I miss the entire news story

cool cool

WE NEED MORE INFO PPL.... FUENTES  WHERE YA?

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 12:15:48 PM »

Wheres Bimblast  :rotfl:

Offline Bimblast

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 02:12:39 PM »

That the Final?  Why de fack we playing socall warriors befo Final??  Jesus Christ here we go agin with that Warner cretin.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 02:42:51 PM »

That the Final?  Why de fack we playing socall warriors befo Final??  Jesus Christ here we go agin with that Warner cretin.

doh worry the bajan rockets will run out of fuel against trinidad as a matter the tank may be empty and they would be able to take off. In other words is cut are all how .

hmm they my bring back Harewood and Ifil...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 02:45:59 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 05:38:01 PM »
Any info on the draw this morning? I would hope to catch some warm up games over the christmas break.

It's T&T, Barbados, Martinique and the winner of group "J" still going on...just herad it on CNC3

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 10:01:40 PM »
Thanks Patriot who likely to come out of that group J?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>