March 28, 2024, 05:13:56 PM

Author Topic: Shaka moves to Dallas FC  (Read 27706 times)

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shaka moves to Dallas FC
« on: July 05, 2006, 11:29:36 AM »
FC Dallas signs World Cup goalkeeper Shaka Hislop.
FC Dallas Media Relations.
[/size]

FRISCO, Texas - FC Dallas announced today the signing of Trinidad & Tobago 2006 World Cup starting goalkeeper Shaka Hislop. Hislop joins FC Dallas from English Premier League club West Ham United, with which he played 25 games during the recently completed 2005-2006 season including in the FA Cup Final in May, 2006.
"This is an exciting new challenge for me," said Hislop. "I went to school in the United States and have a lot of respect for soccer in the country. I look forward to bringing my experience to a great organization and help FC Dallas win championships in America."
Hislop has had a tremendous summer to date. In May, he led West Ham to the Football Association Cup (FA Cup) final against Liverpool. Having tied 3-3 in regulation, Liverpool pulled out the victory by a 3-1 margin in penalty kicks. A month later, Hislop was in goal for his country at the 2006 World Cup in Germany. On June 10, Hislop's made numerous game-saving stops to give Trinidad a historic shutout against a powerful Sweden side. Five days later, he started against England, keeping a clean sheet for 83 minutes before falling 2-0.
Hislop was born in London and moved to Trinidad with his family when he was two years old. From 1988-1992 he attended Howard University in Washington D.C., playing goalkeeper all four years for the Bisons. In his freshman year, Howard advanced to the NCAA Division 1 College Cup final, losing 1-0 to Indiana. He graduated in May 1992 with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
Having an English passport, Hislop was offered an opportunity to play professionally in England. After college, he was drafted by the Baltimore Blast, a professional indoor soccer team. In an exhibition game against Aston Villa in Birmingham, he was spotted by a scout from Reading FC. He signed and made his professional debut with Reading in the English Second Division against West Bromwich Albion on September 9, 1992 and helped the team get promoted to the First Division following the 1993-1994 season. In his third season, he led the club to a second place finish, narrowly missing out promotion to the English Premier League (EPL).
Following his success at Reading, he was transferred to Newcastle United of the EPL on August 10, 1995 for 1.575 million pounds, then an English record for a goalkeeper. He went on to play 126 games over three years with Newcastle and then signed with West Ham United for the 1998-1999 season. After four seasons with West Ham, Hislop was signed by Portsmouth of the First Division for the 2001-2002 season, where he was coached by current FC Dallas goalkeeping coach Alan Knight. Hislop helped the team gain promotion to the top flight after his first season, and kept the team in the Premiership for his next two campaigns.
After a trial at Crystal Palace, Hislop re-signed with West Ham - which had just been promoted to the Premier League - on July 29, 2005. He played 25 games for West Ham during the past season, including seven games during the run to the FA Cup final.
On the international front, Hislop made his first international appearance for England's U-21 team, playing against Switzerland in March 1998 as one of three overage players allotted to each team. He was also called in to an England 'B' game against Chile on February 10, 1998, though he did not see action. Having never played a FIFA sanctioned game for England, Hislop made his international debut with Trinidad & Tobago on March 28, 1999.
In April 2005, Hislop was recognized as the recipient of the Professional Footballers Association (PFA) Special Merit Award for his continued involvement with the "Show Racism The Red Card" campaign, which he helped start in 1996 as a way to keep racism away from soccer.
Hislop, will occupy the teams fourth senior international slot will join the team pending visa approval once the International Transfer Window opens on July 15. His full name is Neil Shaka Hislop. He is married and the couple has four daughters.

Shaka Hislop Professional Soccer Club History

1992-1995 Reading (ENG)
1995-1998 Newcastle United (ENG)
1998-2002 West Ham United (ENG)
2002-2005 Portsmouth (ENG)
2005-2006 West Ham United (ENG)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 05:02:43 AM by Flex »

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
Re: Shaka moves to Dallas FC
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 11:31:43 AM »
kool .... make the money quick and easy in a sh!t league

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 11:32:13 AM »
wow!! warmonga JUS aks bout dat

I thought shaka miss T&T games, to secure an additinal 1 year contract in england a few months ago
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 11:36:04 AM »
WOW!!! Surprised at this. I guess money talks!!
Two islands are better than one.

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 11:37:22 AM »
Shaka yuh dat desperate man???

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 11:40:19 AM »
Given the man's stage in life and the point in his career, why not? do you think Westham had intentions of  having him as as tarter fo rthe entire season?

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 11:40:49 AM »
Guys allyuh have to realise that this man has had a great career..played at a world cup.. played in a FA Cup final.. played his heart out in the Prem. he is old now and he wants a more comfortable lifestyle for him and his family -- not money only I talking bout eh -- I talking about the demands of a Premiership keeping job and the toll it takes -- plus Shaka tired have to fight for the No.1 jersey so he want to relax now. Is not that the man desperate at all. Shaka we love you and even though some of us wanted more years in the Premiership for you we are very happy for you and I feel you made a wise choice

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 11:41:22 AM »
leave de top while at de top........ah love it!!

de only ting ah didnt like was the fact that he called it "soccer"...i hate that word!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 11:42:48 AM »
i was hopin for at least a year extension in de premiership but hey the man get a new deal at 38 and most likely he will command starting position

he seems to be looking forward to it, Shaka prove himself in England already

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 11:47:20 AM »
congrats to u shaka

at least u go be seeing regular action now

hope u settle comfortably

.....................as of now no warriors in the prem??
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 11:49:36 AM »
let we see....cold hengland or sunny dallas? i know where i will get mih final payout from. also dallas is a real cool area. only thing is you MUST have a car to get around.

now i have a reason to wear those 2 FC Dallas jersies i pick up at TJ Maxx @ $15 each.

also, i doh think anything wrong with playing in MLS. look at how much trini played or is play there - stern john, avery john, cornell glenn, brian haynes, marlon rojas, tiger, wise, etc.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 11:51:43 AM »
also, i doh think anything wrong with playing in MLS. look at how much trini played or is play there - stern john, avery john, cornell glenn, brian haynes, marlon rojas, tiger, wise, etc.

you just went from hero to zero with this statement..........the mls is ah shit league, full stop!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 11:51:52 AM »
Shaka yuh dat desperate man???

Ent!! LoL
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

TrinInfinite

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 11:54:36 AM »

you just went from hero to zero with this statement..........the mls is ah shit league, full stop!!

ah love it!!

u could say dat again meh bredda, mr.3000 took de words outta my mouth, de mls is a stepping stone to greater leagues, a league for our players tuh get noticed for their talent

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 12:00:15 PM »
MLS is where big footballers go to die
an elephant graveyard

Més que un club.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 12:01:10 PM »
an elephant graveyard

:rotfl: :rotfl:
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 12:05:04 PM »
so while Kelvin Jack sign with Gills... Shaka sign with FC Dallas.. interesing..

ent Beckham say he not ruling out playing in the MLS.... He might do that when he reach 37 too...

« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 12:08:18 PM by big dawg »
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 12:08:48 PM »
an elephant graveyard

this is a true statement for the most part
but the man love football and want to keep playing #1, he get his chance here...CONGRATS SHAKA enjoy d year

Will we see Yorke dere too in the next year or 2?  ;)
Remember Zanga, Lothar Mataius (sp) and a host of others finished off dere as well

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 12:09:51 PM »
I like this move take the tempo down a bit, enjoy the game again, congrats shaka you belong where ever you want, you're truly first class.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2006, 12:11:59 PM »
an elephant graveyard

this is a true statement for the most part
but the man love football and want to keep playing #1, he get his chance here...CONGRATS SHAKA enjoy d year

Will we see Yorke dere too in the next year or 2?  ;)
Remember Zanga, Lothar Mataius (sp) and a host of others finished off dere as well

doh forget romario  ;D

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2006, 12:13:39 PM »
Congrats shaka, whenever allyuh playing DC United I'll be there.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
shaka press conference live here
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2006, 12:26:45 PM »
http://www.mlsnet.com/MLS/dab/

he had an offer from West Ham he turned down...

he real saying soccer boy  ;D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 12:28:50 PM by ricky »

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: shaka press confrence live here
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006, 12:29:12 PM »
Yeah ah juss hear on FSC he going to FC Dallas :beermug:

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: shaka press conference live here
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2006, 12:32:49 PM »
arrival in Dallas 2-3 weeks waiting on visas etc

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2006, 12:32:56 PM »
I too late........oh well
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2006, 12:33:29 PM »
yeah its over now

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2006, 12:34:22 PM »
Conrats Shaka... I think yuh making a good move... Also Shaka have a degree in business (I think). I believe he will be able to make more money when his playing days are over in the US>

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2006, 12:37:58 PM »
i tuned late and didn hear dat, but he say he had lots of offers including West Ham and this presented the best challenge to him at this stage

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2006, 12:38:59 PM »
MLS is a shit league?? how come dey steady beat TNT league teams?? I guess we have rell shitty teams in Tinidad then???  MLS running tings by 2010 watch and see...
I supporting MLS to de fullest. As a mater of fact I used to have season tickets for all De Chicago Fire games until they moved to de suburbs. GO MLS....

war....
Black Lives Matter..

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2006, 12:39:56 PM »
Conrats Shaka... I think yuh making a good move... Also Shaka have a degree in business (I think). I believe he will be able to make more money when his playing days are over in the US>
I thinks its Engineering.
Live large and prosper!

1]; } ?>