March 28, 2024, 09:46:09 AM

Author Topic: TTFF to present “Football 2010” towards South Africa.  (Read 7244 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
TTFF to present “Football 2010” towards South Africa.
« on: July 06, 2006, 02:42:17 PM »
TTFF to present “Football 2010” towards South Africa.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation Special Adviser Jack Warner has revealed that the Federation is in the process of completing a document titled “Football 2010” for presentation upon discussion with the Government of the Republic regarding the qualification drive for South Africa and the ongoing development of the game locally.
Warner, currently in Berlin for Sunday’s World Cup final, said he received contact from Minister of Sport Roger Boynes with reference to talks between the two parties about the country’s set off to South Africa 2010 and currently the Federation bosses including President Oliver Camps and General Secretary Richard Groden are overseeing the outlined document and on the return home of the TTFF officials on July 10, a meeting date will then be set.
Meantime, Warner did reveal that head coach Leo Beenhakker was his special guest at the semi final match between Portugal and France on Wednesday in Munich and following talks between the two, the relevant details will be revealed this coming Tuesday. Beenhakker also spoke to Boynes on the same day and the latter will also be informed on the final outcome.
“Beenhakker was my Special Guest in Munich on Wednesday for the match and he enjoyed every minute of it. He was virtually mobbed by young and old alike and signed autographs continuously,” Warner told TTFF Media.
“The meeting was very cordial. I am also pleased to say how much an impression we have left here after our departure from Germany. We have some interesting offers for games which are currently being looked at and I can assure you that there are promising things in store.”
Meantime, goalie Shaka Hislop and his wife Desha will be guests of Warner at Sunday’s Final and St Kitts/Nevis Prime Minister Denzil Douglas will also be a guest of FIFA on Warner’s request. Among the other dignitaries who will be in Warner’s company include South Africa’s President Thabo Mbeki, UN General Secretary Kofi Annan and former United States President Bill Clinton.

Blatter receives Warner’s Zero to Hero book in Berlin.

Zero to Hero, the book proclaiming the life of Jack Warner – the man who inspired Trinidad and Tobago to its First World Cup 2006” was launched in Berlin on Wednesday as the top officials of FIFA met ahead of the final weekend of action at the 2006 Finals.
A proud Warner presented FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter with an autographed copy at the Hotel Adlon and then further copies were given to each member of the World Cup Organizing Committee comprising individuals from 32 countries across the globe.
FIFA Senior Vice President Argentine Julio Grondona and other members of Spanish-speaking countries such as Spain, Paraguay, Uruguay and Chile also made requests for the book to be published in a Spanish version to which Warner agreed.
During T&T’s appearance at the World Cup, Warner also presented Leo Beenhakker and each member of the T&T squad with copies of the book which was written by Guardian Sports Editor Valentino Singh.
The same book will be launched in Trinidad later this month following Warner’s return from Germany.
Doing the honours will be The President of Trinidad & Tobago, His Excellency, Professor George Maxwell Richards, TC, CMT, PhD who wrote the Foreword of the book and  adding  " The book provides an interesting account of the developments of football in Trinidad & Tobago from 1908, recalling the days of Shamrock, Casuals, Clydesdale, Maple, Colts, Malvern, among others and, without acrimony, recalling the challenge of the black man to break the monopoly that the British colonials had on the game in the early nineteen hundreds."
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 03:38:25 PM by Flex »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF TO PRESENT FOOTBALL 2010 TOWARDS SOUTH AFRICA
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 02:48:53 PM »
Where is the TD, and what is his role vis-a-vis this document? ???
Live large and prosper!

TrinInfinite

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 02:50:28 PM »
Where is the TD, and what is his role vis-a-vis this document? ???

good question, i would love to know that also, warner rubbing shoulders with some big men, tt will qualify for 2010, i could feel it from now, i hope lincoln is involved wit the planning, he is a main factor.. :beermug:

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 02:50:35 PM »
i remmeber a project called Vision 2010 a while back also.... :yawning:

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 02:56:18 PM »
They ain't invite DWIGHT?

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 02:57:25 PM »
Its good to know that the guys who are in control find it necessary to put things in place for  qualification in 2010. I like that we are finally getting serious. I guess the meeting with Beenie and Boynes was to assure Beenie's salary.

Who say 2010?
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 02:57:35 PM »

No.. it was Vision 2020. According to the gov't, we are well on our way to becoming a developed country.

I honestly think it is a 1 page document, where the title is in a big font and 2 other lines stating that a new 0.5% tax should be placed on gas to fund the football development of in Trinidad. There will also be an asterix at the end of these 2 lines. And located at the footer in small print is *99.5% of the tax money should go to Swiss bank account 18223849858

TrinInfinite

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 03:02:37 PM »

No.. it was Vision 2020. According to the gov't, we are well on our way to becoming a developed country.

I honestly think it is a 1 page document, where the title is in a big font and 2 other lines stating that a new 0.5% tax should be placed on gas to fund the football development of in Trinidad. There will also be an asterix at the end of these 2 lines. And located at the footer in small print is *99.5% of the tax money should go to Swiss bank account 18223849858

by the important question is, whos name is on the swiss bank account number? ??? doh worry we will be ready for 2010, i think we will qualify in the top 3 for 2010, we have the talent and the coaching, plus the money tuh fund it...

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 03:18:42 PM »
Nice. Ah was reading another article in the local papers yesterday where Boynes was talking bout preparation two years from now and he get me real scared, cause he didn't really seem to suggest continuity, so this is a bit consoling.  We cyar let this momentum come to a halt.  We will hear of trhe decision on Tuesday, after the Polish federation's press conference.  Anybody notice the sequence of events.  It looking like Whim will be the man.  That's just my feeling.  The government needs to realize that qualifying for a World Cup is equivalent to taking out ads in major publications worldwide, except that the World Cup's publicity is priceless.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 03:36:52 PM »
Yup it is obvious he is leaving
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline concerned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF to present “Football 2010” towards South Africa.
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 03:48:55 PM »
My Take.....Beenie Man will go with Poland for 2 years(euro 2008), complete that and then swing back by T&T Leaving Wim in charge until 2008

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 03:56:58 PM »
My Take.....Beenie Man will go with Poland for 2 years(euro 2008), complete that and then swing back by T&T Leaving Wim in charge until 2008

My feeling is that Beenie itching to see what he could get out of a more established team with a deeper talent pool.  Curiousity is getting the better of him, but that is human nature.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 07:11:04 AM »
Trinidad Express
Friday, July 7th 2006
Phillips calls for football unity
Ian Prescott iprescott@trinidadexpress.com

LINCOLN "TIGER" PHILLIPS, Trinidad and Tobago's technical director for football, has urged both Prime Minister Patrick Manning and FIFA vice president Jack Warner to put aside political differences and band together to continue the development of football in Trinidad and Tobago.

Phillips, an outstanding former national goalkeeper, made his comment yesterday at a luncheon meeting of the Rotary Club of Central Port-of-Spain, at Singho Restaurant, Long Circular Mall, St James.

Manning, leader of the PNM Government and Warner, a deputy leader of the opposition United National Congress (UNC), are due to meet soon to plot a course geared towards qualification for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. Among the issues to be discussed is the future of Dutchman Leo Beenhakker, who led this country to its first qualification for a World Cup Finals.

Phillips suggested that the upcoming meeting between Manning and Warner would be crucial to the development of the local game, and said that regardless of political affiliation both Manning and Warner must work towards putting and keeping Trinidad and Tobago football on top.

"Mr. Manning, Mr. Warner, show the people that if we want to get together, it must start with you," Phillips declared. "A lot of people believe that 2006 will automatically transfer to 2010. It is not going to happen. We have a lot of work to do."

Phillips described Trinidad and Tobago's recent showing at the 2006 World Cup in Germany as the best thing to happen to this country. But while the performances of Trinidad and Tobago's Soca Warriors have put the country on the map, Phillips feels it is now up to local administrators to ensure that the upward momentum continues. He added that the Soca Warriors showed that even small countries can do well if they are well-prepared.

"For 83 minutes we held the mighty England goal-less. Everyone in the world now knows where Trinidad and Tobago is. We have arrived. We are on the map."

Phillips said local football would require $29 million annually from Government to continue the game's development at all levels. He added that it was important also to have a dedicated facility at which Trinidad and Tobago's best young footballers can live, eat properly, train and be well educated.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2006, 07:25:51 AM »
Beenie would probably look to get a gig with an European team for the Euro 2008. two years there and then see how that pans out, then another two years build to WC 2010
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 07:31:35 AM »
Beenie would probably look to get a gig with an European team for the Euro 2008. two years there and then see how that pans out, then another two years build to WC 2010

this makes plenty sense!!

i have no problem with the man doing this......and for all intents and purposes, it looks like poland!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006, 07:35:08 AM »

You'll really think he will leave Poland when their WC qualifiers about to start right after Euro-Cup?

That only happening if things don't go well.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2006, 10:15:14 AM »
They ain't invite DWIGHT?

They give Dwight ticket to Mr. Bill Clinton! Is favor we looking for not no liming partner! Shaka and he wife ticket should have gone to President Bush and he wife...well is now self we was in that world cup for 2010!  :beermug: :rotfl:
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock itit will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

1]; } ?>