April 24, 2024, 10:15:07 PM

Author Topic: Leo Beenhakker : I’m a bad loser, I don’t like to lose matches.  (Read 2045 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Coach Beenhakker sets sights on Gold Cup.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

National coach Leo Beenhakker has set his focus on the 2005 CONCACAF Gold Cup, which will be contested in the United States from July 6-24. Beenhakker, as well as the majority of the national team’s players and technical staff, returned home yesterday from Monterrey, Mexico, via three US cities - Dallas, Washington DC and Miami. The TT lads were beaten 2-0 by Mexico on Wednesday in their CONCACAF World Cup Final Round qualifier and Beenhakker emphasised: “I think everybody who’s related to TT football is satisfied with the way we played. I’m also satisfied with the way we played. “At the other end, I’m a bad loser, I don’t like to lose matches,” he added. Reviewing Wednesday’s match, he noted: “for 70 minutes, we did a very good job. We’re playing (against) one of the top teams in the world.
“Then they got a lucky goal and that was, more or less, the key moment.” Beenhakker was quick to point out: “there were only a 10-day preparation with the team. I don’t think I can ask more of the players. They did a very good job over there.” Like every coach at all levels of the game, Beenhakker stressed that he don’t like to lose a match. As a result, he’s looking towards bettering the team in time for the Gold Cup, as well as the next World Cup qualifier against the Americans on August 17. “We have to be better in defence and in midfield,” he said. “I think that one of the reasons (why) we got in trouble is (that) we played too far in the back and we were not able to stop them in the midfield.
In related news, team captain Dwight Yorke returned to Australia to begin pre-season training with Sydney FC while Chris Birchall (Port Vale), Hector Sam (Wrexham) and Carlos Edwards (Luton) have also rejoined their respective English squads for pre-season work. Brent Rahim and Gary Glasgow, both without a club at the moment, are in Britain on trials while the left-footed trio of Avery John (New England Revolution), Marlon Rojas and Leslie ‘Tiger’ Fitzpatrick (Real Salt Lake) will feature in American MLS action today. As far as the coaching staff is concerned, Beenhakker is expected to go on vacation in St Maarten next week while his assistants Whim Rhizerburg and Theo De Jonk are back in their native Netherlands. The trio will all return to TT later this month to begin preparations for the Gold Cup.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2005, 08:59:19 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Leo Beenhakker : I’m a bad loser, I don’t like to lose matches.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 09:06:15 AM »
Well you know when de men start back to train, Beenie man will have them running down and ketching chickens and st*t....

Rocky style training in deh pueffen...

All Hail Beenie... VIVA LA SOCA WARRIORS.!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 09:38:59 AM »
His major test is Aug. to Sept. Somebody keep a Trini nurse nearby, the one with the short skirt dey...When dem clubs start to doh wha leggo players, and he have to juggle lineup, and gettin man 3 days before....Ease we up nah Lord...Write Letters now !
Buh jus in case, Somebody pass the man ah next  spliff nah !  Wha yuh think he like bout this side, rather that going  home with the fellas. Nuthen wrong with heaven, except one or two bad angels.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 06:11:13 PM »
I really like the vibes this man bringing ot the team. Regardless of everything people saying bout the team and the man ....i very much doubt people can't feel that vibes. It feeling like the man know what he about and we going Germany for sure.

Go Warriors Go !!
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 11:08:53 PM »

Thank goodness for the Gold Cup.  Is the only sure quality games we have outside of the WCQ.
Hadda milk it and get more than 3 games out of it.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 12:28:01 PM »
We will be one of the TOP teams in Gold CUP...... We will get more that 3 Games.!!!!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>