April 29, 2024, 06:36:06 AM

Author Topic: Foreign clubs eye local duo.  (Read 13406 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Foreign clubs eye local duo.
« on: July 12, 2006, 06:17:55 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes.

Local-based midfielder Aurtis Whitley could be plying his trade overseas for the coming European season as it has been revealed that he along with CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh teammate Cyd Gray have generated interest following their appearances at the 2006 World Cup.
It is understood that English club Leeds United are in talks with the club about acquiring the services of Whitley but Queen’s Park Rangers and Gillingham are also after the rock solid midfielder. Gillingham and Swedish club IFK Gothenberg have also expressed interest in Gray. Whitley was also on trial at Portsmouth before the World Cup.
“Everyone is delighted with the way T&T came through at the World Cup. We didn’t progress to the second round but we didn’t disgrace and we earned respect there. We are left a lasting impression and now is the time to reap the benefits to come from this,” Jabloteh head coach Terry Fenwick said.
“I am getting a lot interest from UK clubs and we are in discussions over transfers for both players. That in itself tells you how highly thought about we are after the Finals. It definitely has brought greater exposure for the local game and people are now starting to ask more questions about the league here and the football in general.”
Regarding young Anthony Wolfe, who was also part of the Soca Warriors in Germany, Fenwick added: “He has gained a lot of experience being with the team and he is still younger than the other two and  we are looking for him to spearhead our future campaign.”
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: Foreign clubs eye local duo.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 06:24:05 PM »
Fenwick like he ready to offload for d big bucks!!
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 06:51:15 PM »
“Everyone is delighted with the way T&T came through at the World Cup. We didn’t progress to the second round but we didn’t disgrace and we earned respect there. We are left a lasting impression and now is the time to reap the benefits to come from this,” Jabloteh head coach Terry Fenwick said.

All of a sudden Fenwick bawling "we" I taugh he was dogging we and saying that we will get beaten and badly, now is WE.....  :rotfl:

T&T really made alot of assholes eat they words in de world cup we.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 06:56:26 PM »
Wasn't Fenwick who said that that Whitley had the mind of a 17 year old?
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 07:16:20 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes.

Regarding young Anthony Wolfe, who was also part of the Soca Warriors in Germany, Fenwick added: “He has gained a lot of experience being with the team and he is still younger than the other two and  we are looking for him to spearhead our future campaign.”

Man how long he plan to keep wolfe in trinidad? ok 1 more season fuh wolfe fenwickn yuh hear that
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 08:34:11 PM »
He aslo said that he cried to come home. This was said in the British gutter press so take it with a dose of salt. He expected we to get 6 doh.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Swede

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 12:36:20 AM »
Gillingham and Swedish club IFK Gothenberg have also expressed interest in Gray.

It would be nice to se Cyd Gray play in Swedish Premier league.

Best of luck to him.

http://www.ifkgoteborg.se/portal/page?_pageid=113,61303&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 05:39:21 AM »
Wasn't it this same Gillingham Team that totally dogged Sancho in a World Cup Qualifying year??? ??? 

That being said, I love the fact that the players are generating a lot of interest.  I want these players to continue to grow and gain experience in the game and personally benefit from their skills at the same time.  A Win-Win situation, but I am just wary of our players going to teams that do not respect their International commitments.

Blessings.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 06:38:33 AM »
Stay away from the Gills for me please!!!!!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 07:39:36 AM »
Wasn't Fenwick who said that that Whitley had the mind of a 17 year old?

well, he probably turn 18.

i hope he does well at championship level.....ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 08:07:19 AM »

All of a sudden Fenwick bawling "we" I taugh he was dogging we and saying that we will get beaten and badly, now is WE.....  :rotfl:

T&T really made alot of assholes eat they words in de world cup we.

For Real dread....He is an asshole...big lump a shit
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 12:07:16 PM »
Leeds would be a great club for Autis they are a good championship side and for Cyd i would rather him in the Swedish premiere league

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 12:20:05 PM »
aurtis nice to hear dat

as usual i demand a mere 5 -10 goals from u in the championship u have about 40 games in which to return my demands

yours respectfulyy shotta
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2006, 09:46:29 AM »
The only way for T&T to improve as a team is for more players to get into Championship or the EPL. Terry Fenwick seems only to have a pipline to the lower divisions.

When  you compare the contracts that Jamaican players who have not played well in the past two years you will see that they are getting contracts to Championship clubs and better.

Time to change agents.

Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2006, 09:57:18 AM »
The only way for T&T to improve as a team is for more players to get into Championship or the EPL. Terry Fenwick seems only to have a pipline to the lower divisions.

When  you compare the contracts that Jamaican players who have not played well in the past two years you will see that they are getting contracts to Championship clubs and better.

Time to change agents.

I agree with what you are saying  we should also try to market our players in Portugal,  holland, belgium ,sweden and  italy.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

TrinInfinite

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2006, 10:57:53 AM »

Time to change agents.

I agree with what you are saying we should also try to market our players in Portugal, holland, belgium ,sweden and italy.

doh 4get spain bredda

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2006, 10:59:32 AM »
ah wud really like to see whitely in england

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2006, 11:08:21 AM »
Yes me also

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2006, 11:28:05 AM »
ah wud really like to see whitely in england
Whitley is our Defensive Midfielder...English Leagues have not produced a good one recently...so maybe he should look somewhere else. France, Portugal, Holland.

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2006, 11:53:41 AM »
My whole point is the quality of teams the majority of our players are on right now. It seems that there is only a pipeline to the lower ranked teams.

Look at Sam, Lawrence and Edwards etc. They were only offered contracts playing for league two at the begining because that is where T&T contacts lay.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2006, 12:00:50 PM »
That is a wery good point. These guys worked hard and both Edwards and Sam go better contracts from their performces. This has opened up more doors so hopefully we will not need the contacts for much longer. And after the world cup look at the kind of clubs that are looking at our players. That was unheard of before.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2006, 12:41:41 PM »
Hopefully better teams are looking at our players after this World Cup.  I guess we must creep before we can walk when it comes to moving up. But are Jamaican players really getting more Contracts to play in the higher divisions in England?  I was not aware of this.

I am really surprised that Carlos Edwards has not attracted more attention from bigger clubs.  He had a really good World Cup.  He is the present/future for a good club and country.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2006, 12:50:31 PM »
Well it aint too late. Transfers does go right to the last second before the deadline. A lot of the clubs does wait right to the end to get the better deals money wise. And sometimes if they don't get who they wanted they does take the rest then....It up to you to take the chance if it is given to you.

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2006, 12:04:19 PM »
This is from the Reggae Boyz website:

"FIFA agent Phillip Graham, the man responsible for securing contracts in the UK for a number of Jamaican players, including Ricardo Gardner, who plays with Bolton Wanderers in the English Premiership.

Other Jamaicans plying their trade in the UK are Ricardo Fuller, who plays in the League Championships with Southampton; Claude Davis, who recently moved to English Premiership side Sheffield United from League Championships side Preston North End; Damion Stewart, who moved to Queen's Park Rangers in the League Championships, along with Jermaine Johnson, who will join compatriot Donovan Ricketts at League One outfit Bradford City."

I think we need him instead of the other agents that we have links to smaller teams.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2006, 12:21:31 PM »
This is from the Reggae Boyz website:

"FIFA agent Phillip Graham, the man responsible for securing contracts in the UK for a number of Jamaican players, including Ricardo Gardner, who plays with Bolton Wanderers in the English Premiership.

Other Jamaicans plying their trade in the UK are Ricardo Fuller, who plays in the League Championships with Southampton; Claude Davis, who recently moved to English Premiership side Sheffield United from League Championships side Preston North End; Damion Stewart, who moved to Queen's Park Rangers in the League Championships, along with Jermaine Johnson, who will join compatriot Donovan Ricketts at League One outfit Bradford City."

I think we need him instead of the other agents that we have links to smaller teams.

Someone need to get the TTFF to give Phillip Graham a call. Their current agent (Terry Fenwick) eh have the best contacts or lacking something! Our players have worked very hard and deserve better contracts!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 12:23:42 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2006, 12:26:53 PM »
We have to remember too that most Jamacian players are physically bigger that our boys and that is a major factor in the English game..That is why Latapy get so much blank in he time. Things have not changed much....Remember Dwight was a special case. Them men go push way Carlos and most of our players beause of their weight and they can't win no long ball because of their height. Skill doh matter. We might get a bit luky now because we get some exposure but at the end of the day we are not producing players physically suited to the English style of football.

Oh and Jones too because of his height. He like 6'2" ent

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2006, 12:56:08 PM »
We have to remember too that most Jamacian players are physically bigger that our boys and that is a major factor in the English game..That is why Latapy get so much blank in he time. Things have not changed much....Remember Dwight was a special case. Them men go push way Carlos and most of our players beause of their weight and they can't win no long ball because of their height. Skill doh matter. We might get a bit luky now because we get some exposure but at the end of the day we are not producing players physically suited to the English style of football.

HUH?  Ras...yuh think b4 yuh post dat?

Who is de most successful Jamaican footballer?  Ricardo Gardner.  How big he be?

Lawd man.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2006, 01:02:20 PM »

HUH?  Ras...yuh think b4 yuh post dat?

Who is de most successful Jamaican footballer?  Ricardo Gardner.  How big he be?

Lawd man.
The football GODS have spoken  :notworthy:

Read before you post...I said most...do not single out one player I did not

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2006, 01:12:35 PM »

Let's see.....I should read before I post....and yuh say MOST T&T players not physically big enough to play in English football as opposed to Jamaican's right?

Stern John
Marvin Andrews
Brent Sancho
Dennis Lawrence
Collin Samuel
Jason Scotland
Shaka Hislop
Clayton Ince
Kelvin Jack

is all small men right?

And of course....de BIG Christopher Birchall wasn't playin in England from time he start to kick ball ent?

Ah guess dat is why so much Jamaican's from jamaica (5) playin in Britain.

My bad.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

TrinInfinite

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2006, 02:51:09 PM »

Let's see.....I should read before I post....and yuh say MOST T&T players not physically big enough to play in English football as opposed to Jamaican's right?

Stern John
Marvin Andrews
Brent Sancho
Dennis Lawrence
Collin Samuel
Jason Scotland
Shaka Hislop
Clayton Ince
Kelvin Jack

is all small men right?

And of course....de BIG Christopher Birchall wasn't playin in England from time he start to kick ball ent?

Ah guess dat is why so much Jamaican's from jamaica (5) playin in Britain.

My bad.

take win palos, rastaman i have tuh disagree wit yuh bredda, we have alot stronger players in trinidad, not no weakling in tt football, real yardman get ruff up by plenty trinis in dey time, and plus ronaldhino not no muscle man, either carlos, cafu, robinho, is all skill, juss like trinis, all skill bredda :beermug:

1]; } ?>