April 18, 2024, 08:37:27 PM

Author Topic: Technical staff gets 1/4 million TT.  (Read 6518 times)

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Technical staff gets 1/4 million TT.
« on: July 13, 2006, 10:41:09 PM »
More $$ for Warriors.
By: Gail Alexander (Guardian).
[/size]

Support crew each get $250,000.
Members of the Soca Warriors’ technical team who were not honoured by the Government—such as team manager Bruce Aanensen and others—are now being rewarded with $250,000 each by the Manning administration.
Former coach Leo Beenhakker will also be presented with his Chaconia gold medal and TT$1 million when he comes here next Friday, Sports Minister Roger Boynes announced at yesterday’s Whitehall media briefing.
But yet again, there has been no mention of anything for Warriors’ long standing financial backer, Jack Warner.
And those who are now being rewarded have voiced the view that Warner deserves T&T’s highest award.
Yesterday Minister Boynes said all matters of honours were dealt with by the Prime Minister and the Honours Committee. But Boynes could not say if there was anything being done for Warner.
Soon after the Warriors returned home, the Government announced monetary rewards for the 24 players who had gone to Germany and the three assistant coaches, Wim Rijsbergen, Anton Corneal and Michael Morris.
Announcing the latest set of awards for other technical staff members yesterday, Boynes said Cabinet had decided to honour them also since they were “part and parcel of the team that represented T&T so well.”

Awards of $250,000 will therefore be conferred on the following:

Bruce Aanensen—team manager.

George Joseph—assistant manager

Terrence Babwah—team doctor

Zephrinus Nicholas—trainer

Wayne Lawson—physiotherapist

Oba Gulston—physiotherapist

Ikin Williams—equipment manager

Shaun Fuentes —media manager

Cecil Wint—nutritionist

Boyne said these officers had already received bonuses in February as part of Government’s assistance for the team.
Asked why Warner had not been honoured, Boynes said the Government had worked with the list of the team supplied by the TTFF.
Yesterday TTFF head Ollie Camps said he had been in Germany when the list was supplied to the Government.
“However my personal view is that Jack Warner should definitely get an award of some sort. His has been an immense contribution overall,” Camps added.
Aanensen, who said he was happy that the technical officers were being honoured by the Government, added:
“We said we were not putting pressure on Government for anything and whatever they wanted to do was fine. However, my personal view is that I certainly think Jack Warner deserves T&T’s highest award for all his work.
“Jack did what no one else could conceivably say they have done and no one has made a bigger contribution than he has in several different ways. I feel that what he has done for football in T&T deserves to be rewarded in some way.”
Media manager Shaun Fuentes, acknowledging yesterday’s announcement, said the technical staff deserved some award and some had been somewhat hurt when they were not mentioned in the first batch of awardees recently.
“However we all appreciate everything Government and the Federation have done. Still Mr Warner should obviously be part of the awards. since he has been at the helm of everything over many years and particularly this World Cup campaign.
“Without Jack Warner none of what T&T achieved would have been possible—he’s an integral part of the whole and that must be recognised,” Fuentes added.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 08:52:08 AM by Flex »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Technical staff gets 1/4 million TT
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 08:02:04 AM »
good! nuff respect to the overall team.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 08:14:06 AM »
Very good to see the Tech staff awarded. It takes everyone to make the team successful!

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 08:23:48 AM »
Finnally, the Gov`t smart up .......this was long overdue, but I am glad they realized how poorly they treated the TECH STAFF.....especially when they left out Spann initially  ;D

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 08:24:50 AM »
Whey Peter Rampersad name ???
Live large and prosper!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 08:42:27 AM »
Ok Government do dem part. What did the TTFF give the players? Can anyone answer that!
Jack only talking about the Government. Everywhere else I reading the Australian Federation give dem players X amount, Togo federation X amount, Angola federation X amount etc.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 08:49:48 AM »
Ok Government do dem part. What did the TTFF give the players? Can anyone answer that!
Jack only talking about the Government. Everywhere else I reading the Australian Federation give dem players X amount, Togo federation X amount, Angola federation X amount etc.

The players already received their rewards from the TTFF in February.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Technical staff gets 1/4 million TT.
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 11:04:31 AM »
Thats Great news...These guys fully deserve this money and appreciation.....Man like Shaun go be rel blingin......... :beermug: :beermug:
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 05:35:56 PM »
dat is why meh pardner ent answering he phone.....lol

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2006, 10:12:55 PM »
The reward in Feb was for qualifying plus what about Anil Robert's Warrior Pride A/C.  Max and all put money in it. I eh hear how much they getting and when they getting it.

I need to put him on Warrior Nation Watch
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Warriors backroom staff pleased with 'acknowledgment'
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2006, 10:07:24 PM »
Warriors backroom staff pleased with 'acknowledgment'
by Ian Prescott (Express)

Monday, July 17th 2006

DOCTOR Terrence Babwah is pleased more by the acknowledgment of their contribution to the Soca Warriors than the $250,000 which Government announced will be awarded to each member of the technical staff which worked with the Trinidad and Tobago team at the 2006 World Cup Finals in Germany.

At last Thursday's Cabinet briefing it was announced that nine members of the team's backroom staff including Bruce Aanensen (manager), George Joseph (assistant manager), Babwah (team doctor), Zephrinus Nicholas (physio/trainer), Wayne Lawson (trainer), Oba Gulston (physiotherapist), Ikin Williams (equipment manager), Shaun Fuentes (media officer), and Cecil Wint (nutritionist) will each be rewarded with $250,000.

"I think it was a good gesture from the Government ," Babwah said. "It was not a one-man show in Germany, it was a group effort. We did everything as a team."

Asked if $250,000 was enough in light of the $1 million which head coach Leo Beenhakker collected, Babwah replied: "Anything would have been enough. What was most important was the acknowledgment."

Babwah said he treasured the World Cup experience, adding it was a pleasure working with a top coach such as Beenhakker, from whose professionalism he benefited.

"I learnt a lot from Beenhakker. Of course, he had his moods, but he was generally good to work with. I learnt a lot from his professionalism," said Babwah, who also endorsed Dutch assistant Wim Rijsbergen's promotion to head coach now that Beenhakker had taken up an assignment with Poland.

"Of course, Wim is a totally different personality. But, he has been the guy behind the scenes who has been responsible for a lot of the planning behind the team. I think he will do well since he has been in charge of some of the more important aspects behind the success of the team."

Like Babwah, equipment manager Ikin Williams was pleased that his contribution was recognised.

A worker at the Government Printery, Williams admitted he had given up chances of promotion due to his involvement with national football teams since 1989.

"I never went into this to get something," he said. "I did this because I loved it. I enjoyed working and being around the players. I am pleased that Government has seen it fit to recognise what we have done."

Physio/trainer Zephrinus Nicholas has been seconded from the Defence Force and was working at the CAC Junior Track and Field Championships up to yesterday when informed by the Express of the windfall.

He was not surprised by the gift, but preferred to remain tight-lipped until officially informed.

1]; } ?>