April 18, 2024, 09:20:34 PM

Author Topic: Howling Wolfe hits another Hattrick.  (Read 6039 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Howling Wolfe hits another Hattrick.
« on: July 16, 2006, 08:02:31 AM »
Marvin booted out by Le Guen.
By: Gavin Berry.
[/size]

Marvin Andrews has been told his Rangers career is over after a showdown meeting with Paul Le Guen. The giant stopper met the new Ibrox boss for the first time last week after being given time off after the World Cup. And it wasn't good news for the Trinidad and Tobago star who was informed he's surplus to requirements.
Andrews earned a third year on the deal he signed in 2004 when he made more than 50 starts under previous boss Alex McLeish. But Le Guen is willing to let the 30-year-old go for nothing if he can find another club.
The former Livingston and Raith Rovers man played in a closed-door friendly against Gretna at Murray Park and didn't cover himself in glory in a 4-0 defeat.
He has been struggling with the knee injury he refused to have surgery on just over a year ago and which came back to haunt him in the summer when it ruled him out of the World Cup.
The news he can go will come as a further blow to Andrews who didn't feature in yesterday's friendly with Middlesbrough. Le Guen said: "I met Marvin and told him if there are any possibilities he can go. It was my decision.
"He has a contract for another year but we are willing to let him go for free."
There were raised eyebrows when McLeish signed Andrews on a Bosman from Livingston two years ago. But the player became a cult figure with Ibrox fans in his first season when he helped them lift the title.
During that campaign he defied medical advice to play on with a cruciate injury despite being told he needed surgery on the knock. His never-say-die attitude won him admirers, as did his "Keep Believing" messages when the league looked beyond them.
Spann closes in on fitness.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Midfielder Silvio Spann is eyeing a return to action in the next two weeks following his hamstring injury but says he could be available for the August 9 friendly against Japan in Tokyo if called up by newly appointed head coach Wim Rijsbergen. Spann is still in Trinidad but says he could head to the UK by month end in hope of signing with a club.
“I’m still not fully recovered from the injury but things have gone well. I’m doing some good rehab at the moment and just trying to pace myself so that I can make a good comeback. I’m still not able to play as yet but if the coach calls me for the Japan game, I think by that time I will be able to give it a shot,” Spann told TTFF Media.
Rijsbergen arrived back in the country on Saturday and will hold a series of meetings this week with local technical staff and TTFF officials regarding the future preparations of the “Soca Warriors” and related football matters.
“The first thing would be for us to assess what happened at the World Cup and go over each person’s roles and work towards getting things set for what is ahead of us. That involves the youth teams and Olympic teams as well because there is a lot of football to be played and then of course with the senior team there is the Gold Cup next year. We have a lot in store and we will plan for all of this from my first week back in the country,” Rijsbergen told TTFF Media.
News from the 22nd of July 2006.

Palace eyes Brent Sancho.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Who says Brent Sancho is not on the wanted list following his showing at the 2006 World Cup with the Soca Warriors.
Well maybe Gillingham defender Ron Jepson may be saying that but word is that the dreadlocks defender has attracted interest and has big eyes on him from the likes of Queen’s Park Rangers, Crystal Palace and Anderlecht.
Jepson was quoted as saying last week that he had no offers made for the player but it is understood that Gillingham may be pricing him out of the market as they attempt to cash in on him following his exploits in the three matches last month.
It is also understood that Steve Davis is now the man handling Sancho’s business but both remain tightlipped over the coming possibilities.
“I think to go as far as saying that no clubs have tried to sign me is an understatement really,” Sancho told TTFF Media on Friday. “But like anyone, the club may try to get a bargain deal that is beneficial to them. The manager says that the World Cup will be good for a story to tell our grandkids but I think it goes a lot deeper than that and we as players out here and the football back home should be benefiting a whole lot from our recent experience.”
Sancho also got a second half run in Gillingham’s 2-1 loss to United Arab Emirates and reflected on the recent camp in France.
“It’s been a lot of running so far,” Sancho said with a sigh. “But things have gone well with us here and we have had some good sessions because this new season is a big one for us. The country (France) is still on a football high after they reached the final so it’s good for us to be here and the club has been well received. I think for all three of us, the main focus will be trying to get ourselves fit again because obviously we are coming off a break after the World Cup and the management understands that. At the same time though, we want to get match ready as quick as possible and ensure that we can contribute to the club’s ambitions in a big way.”
News from the 21st of July 2006.

Hector Sam joins Ince at Walsall.
By: Saddlers.premiumtv.co.uk.
[/size]

The Saddlers have today beaten off competition from a number of clubs to complete the signing of front-man, Hector Sam. The 28 year-old, who hails from Trinidad & Tobago, has impressed during a trial spell and puts pen to paper on an initial one-year deal with a further year option.
A lively striker, who possesses undoubted talent and ability, he was signed by Wrexham for £125,000 from San Juan Jabloteh during the summer of 2000 and immediately became a firm favourite amongst the supporters of the Welsh club.
Scoring a total of 40 goals in 176 appearances in all competitions for The Racecourse Ground club, he was snapped up by Port Vale last summer but went on to break his leg early on in the campaign. He didn't return to action until The Valiants' trip to Bescot Stadium in April and is now almost back to full fitness.
He has already proved to be a popular figure amongst both players and supporters alike and is looking forward to helping The Saddlers in our quest to bounce back into League One at the first attempt. "Hector has settled in well here," said manager, Richard Money. "He has mixed well with the other players and they enjoy having him here.
"He knows what playing at this level is all about and has already built up a decent understanding with Martin Butler. I think that they have the makings of a useful partnership." Sam joins fellow countryman, Clayton Ince in the Walsall squad.
Sam sets sights on promotion.
By: Saddlers.premiumtv.co.uk.
[/size]

New signing, Hector Sam is full of confidence that The Saddlers have what it takes to mount a promotion challenge after snubbing the advances of a number of clubs to put pen to paper on a permanent deal here at Bescot Stadium.
The 28 year-old has impressed during a recent trial spell and now can't wait for the new campaign to get started. "I am really delighted to be here," he said with a smile. "There are a great set of lads here and this is a fantastic opportunity for me.
"I was out for a long time with a broken leg last season, but I am pleased with the way that things have gone recently and my fitness levels are improving all of the time. As it stands I am not that far off full fitness.
"This is a good club, with some quality players. I have played at League Two level before and know that it's going to be physical, but we are a good footballing side and with the likes of Martin Butler in the team, we are always going to score goals. Hopefully I can weigh in with my fair share too.
"Walsall don't deserve to be in League Two; I look around at the set-up and facilities that we have here and the fans and feel that it is a step up from Port Vale.
"It's going to be a tough division but I am confident that we will be up there challenging for promotion. I've not set myself any personal goalscoring targets, I'll just take things game-by-game and see what happens. It doesn't matter who gets the goals as long as we get promoted come the end of the season."
News from the 19th of July 2006.

Hornets make bid for winger.
Skysports News.

Luton Town winger Carlos Edwards claims Watford have made a bid for his signature. The 27-year-old impressed during Trinidad & Tobago's World Cup debut earlier in the summer and has also caught the eye of Birmingham City.
Blues boss Steve Bruce has yet to firm up his interest, but his Watford counterpart Adrian Boothroyd has been in touch. Edwards confirmed the offer from The Hatters' local rivals, but revealed he is happy to leave the matter in the hands of Luton boss Mike Newell.
"They (Watford) did put in a bid, I can't say the amount," Edwards told Sky Sports News. "The manager did say they are interested and put a bid on the table, but he didn't clarify exactly what is the sum. "I'm leaving it up to him. They are showing an interest, but I've not spoken to Watford.
"They are speaking to the club and I'm waiting to see what my manager does for me. "After the Sweden game he said Birmingham were interested. He hasn't heard anything since then. "I'm leaving it up to the manager and whoever is involved at the club to try to see what is best for me." The exciting winger joined Luton from Wrexham last summer and was a key figure as Newell's side comfortably retained their Championship status.
News from the 16th of July 2006.

Howling Wolfe hits another Hattrick.
By: Joel Villafana.
[/size]

'Soca Warrior’ striker Anthony Wolfe has scored six (6) goals in two matches since his return from the world cup finals in Germany, and has helped CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh surge to the top of the Pro League standings. Wolfe completed his second hattrick in as many games; as he led Jabloteh to a 4-2 win over Superstar Rangers in the 2nd game of a double header at the Larry Gomes Stadium.
Jabloteh, with another victory under their belt, staying top of the table—on 29 points.
The game however, did not start according the script for the ‘San Juan Boys’—as they conceded an early goal in the 2nd minute of play—when Rangers launched a counter attack, and Jason Charles swung a pinpoint accurate cross that fell straight on the head of Errol Mc Farlene, and his powerful header beat Daurance Williams in the Jabloteh goal—Superstar Rangers taking a surprise 1-0 lead.
But before the Rangers fans started their celebrations—Jabloteh struck back—in the 5th minute, big defender Keyeno Thomas picked up on a loose ball in the box and fired an awesome volley that screamed past Shurland Awai in goal for Rangers—the scores tied at 1-1.
The game continued at a pretty brisk pace—and in the 21st minute Anton Wolfe got in the action and opened his account for the night, when he made a good run down the left, cut inside, evading a defender and the goalkeeper before slotting the ball into an open net—Jabloteh leading 2-1.
The ‘Boys from St. Anns’ had an opportunity to draw level just after the half hour mark—with a good move between Mc Farlene and Richard Aleong—that found Dean Pacheco open just on top the area, but his shot went just wide.
Jabloteh taking a 2-1 lead into the dressing rooms. The goals continued to flow in the 2nd half—in the 56th minute—Wolfe got his 2nd of the game—it came from a well taken free kick on the left flank—and the goal hungry striker rose above everyone and headed it home—Jabloteh with some insurance taking a 3-1 lead.
Nevertheless, the plucky Rangers pulled themselves within a goal again—after some carelessness by the Jabloteh defence—Keyeno Thomas failing to clear the ball, Corneal Thomas was on spot, he squared the ball and the big Todd Ryan slammed it home—Rangers back in it—3-2.
But Jabloteh, fired back to ensure victory—when their skipper Kerry Baptiste released a demon from long range, which Shurland Awai could not hold on to and the on rushing Wolfe punished him, completing his hattrick and gave Jabloteh a 4-2 advantage.
That’s how it stayed to the end, Superstar Rangers however, was reduced to ten men soon after, when Lorne Joseph was handed a 2nd yellow card and was sent off.
The first match of the double header at the Larry Gomes Stadium was not as exciting, as B Mobile Joe Public failed to impress, but luckily managed to come away with a 1-0 win over Defence Force.
The game lacked intensity, with no team showing the creativity in attack—Joe Public then won a dubious penalty with two minutes to go and Gary Glasgow only just converted the spot kick, after the balled squeezed under the body of Cleon John.
The ‘Eastern Lions’ picking up three vital points and moving to 2nd place on26 points—three points behind leaders Jabloteh.
Down at the Ato Boldon Stadium, the defending champions Vibe CT 105 W Connection stayed in the race for the title with a 3-1 win over Tobago United.
Goals from Andre Toussaint (17), Andrei Pacheco (64’) and Christopher Harvey (87’).
Tobago United’s lone goal came in the 74th minute when Sherwin Lee just beat the offside trap and shot home to give the ‘Boys from the Sister Isle’ a consolation item. Connection moving to 3rd place on 25 points.
The ‘Oilmen’ of United Petrotrin picked up a much needed three points, as coach Brian Williams’ men ran past Starworld Strikers 2-0 down at the Palo Seco Recreation Ground. Young striker Beville Joseph netted a brace—scoring a goal on either side of the half.

Round 12 Results

United Petrotrin 2 v Starworld Strikers 0
Defence Force 0 v Joe Public 1
Jabloteh 4 v Superstar Rangers 2
W Connection 3 v Tobago United 1

North East Stars meet Caledonia AIA Fire at the Sangre Grande Recreation Ground on Sunday (16/07/06)—kick off at 4 p.m.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 08:05:45 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Re: Howling Wolfe hits another Hattrick.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 08:21:04 AM »
Which one of our Soca Warriors representatives was in attendance
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 11:25:50 AM »
Wolfe on Fireeee since returning from Germany...dat trip did him well boy..hope he cud keep it up.. :beermug:
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 12:14:21 PM »
Man, it would be nice if we could chalk this up to him raising his game due to his WC experience,a nd not just a temporrary boost in form. I dying to see who from our youths going to step up when the older warriors call it a day. Keep it up Wolfe, we need the young blood to start rising to the top

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 12:54:11 PM »
I'm glad Beenie took him Germany.  There were MANY who complained that he was only taking up space in the team.

But that is another reason why we need Foreign influence because they know how important it is to have a young player (who may never have a chance of playing a single game) in that environment even if it means not letting a man like Rougier or some other older/better player on the team.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 01:27:27 PM »
Hear nah.....................when i see the article at first glance.......i thought was de other article when he scored the first one!!  De man rippin up!!! Assert yuhself!! All hands on deck fuh 2010!!
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 01:56:46 PM »
He from grande, allyuh shouldn't be surprised

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 05:24:56 PM »
Manzanilla is in Sangre Grande or sangre Grande in Manzanilla?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 07:31:46 AM »
i thought this man was a defender, I always get confused we he and he brother,

Is he a forward or a left sided defender

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 07:33:46 AM »
i thought this man was a defender, I always get confused we he and he brother,

Is he a forward or a left sided defender

His brother Glenton is de defender.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 09:09:09 AM »
Manzanilla is in Sangre Grande or sangre Grande in Manzanilla?

Mazanilla is part of de Sangre Grande region  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

1]; } ?>