April 18, 2024, 02:30:51 AM

Author Topic: Miss T&T Universe & Miss World Thread  (Read 79078 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Miss T&T Universe & Miss World Thread
« on: July 21, 2006, 06:37:43 AM »
Kenisha Thom is ‘Hot’
Source: - Red 96.7 news

Top pageant website, globalbeauties.com has listed Trinidad and Tobago’s Kenisha Thom among the top twenty picks on its who’s hot this year thermometer.

The thermometer answers the much-asked questions and is updated regularly.

It shows the contestants who are most likely to qualify for the semi-final round of competition.

With five countries being featured in each category, the thermometer is labeled ‘heating up,’ ‘warm,’ ‘hot,’ ‘sizzling hot’ and ‘on fire’ from bottom to top.

Kenisha is rated ‘hot’ along with the representatives of Iceland, Japan, Philippines and Sri Lanka.

Meanwhile, the delegates representing Australia, Canada, Switzerland, India and Mexico are said to be ‘on fire.’

Kenisha is one of the eighty-six competing countries at the 2006 Miss Universe Competition carded for July 23rd.

Kingman
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 04:45:56 AM by Flex »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenisha rated as "hot" in miss universe contest
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 07:53:40 AM »
well..dat mean she lorse arready ent?

how can we get she on fire?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 08:07:24 AM »

By just giving her some ;D
Live large and prosper!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 10:28:58 AM »

By just giving her some ;D
Doc she is ah tobgo gyul
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Miss T&T Universe Thread
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 11:44:39 AM »
No TT queen for Miss Universe, Miss World
Newsday

Thursday, March 8 2007

FOR THE first time in 16 years, this country will not have a representative at the prestigious Miss Universe and Miss World competitions.

This country has an excellent track record in these beauty competitions producing two Miss Universe Queens (Penny Commissiong Chow and Wendy Fitzwilliam) and a Miss World Queen (Giselle La Ronde-West) and holding the record as the only nation to have a delegate in the top 10 for four consecutive years. According to National Pageant Director Peter Elias: “I have not received one cent from anybody to start preparing for this year’s Miss Universe show which comes off in Mexico in May.”

“I have written to over a hundred companies and several government agencies without any success to date. I started back in July 2006, when I returned from Los Angeles, California with Kenisha Thom.

“This is a full time project which requires financial support in order to adequately prepare delegates and maintain our level of success,” Elias said.

“I have been doing this for 15 years and I feel I have been doing a good job but maybe it is bigger than me. What is needed is a country effort. I cannot continue to use personal funds to prepare this country’s representative as I did with Kenisha nor am I a magician to make a winner today for tomorrow. It actually takes months to get the Miss Universe delegate ready for the competition,” he added.

Elias’ sentiments come swiftly on the heels of similar views expressed by CONCACAF President and FIFA vice-president Jack Austin Warner who said he would stop all of his personal funding of TT football, which have thrown this country’s participation in several tournaments including the prestigious Gold Cup, in jeopardy.

“To prepare a Miss Universe and a Miss World to represent Trinidad and Tobago will take just about $600,000,” Elias said.

Elias said the proudest moment of last year’s campaign came when a national newspaper in Colombia and another in the Phillippines reported that Kenisha Thom was cheated in the National Costume category. “That’s how strong people on the outside feel about our efforts in these competitions,” ended Elias.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: No TT queen for Miss Universe, Miss World
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 11:46:21 AM »
Well it would be better to not send someone than to send someone who is unprepared.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 01:19:41 PM »
for all de friggin money trinidad and tobago, 1.6 billion cant be found by the pnm, jw pull out funding, so many multi nationals in tt and we cant afford to foot de bloddy bill, yuh ent see we politicians, businessmen and women, not to mention the private sector on the whole is a waste of time...REAL WOTHLESS PEOPLE... MONEY SATANS, THEY DONT KNOW WHEN DEY DEAD, THAT MONEY CANT BUY THEM INTO HEAVEN...

God is de BOSS...

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 01:31:50 PM »
they will probably send someone last minute

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 01:48:52 PM »

Like Elias wake up and read JW strategy and say BRILLIANT...I go try ah ting too.

So who going to step in for this one and save the day.....

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 08:52:32 PM »

Like Elias wake up and read JW strategy and say BRILLIANT...I go try ah ting too.

So who going to step in for this one and save the day.....

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 07:51:21 AM »
dat  is nuthin yet .. one more term for we crime minister manning and we aint go have a football team because Jack done pay out of his pocket.. all dem oman innah TNT and we cya find one .. lawd have mercy !!!!!!!!!
war..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 09:24:50 AM »
steups....just go in maracas and pick a gyul nah......

cause plenty ah dem women prettier than the one they go pick anyways.......

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 01:42:45 PM »
steups....just go in maracas and pick a gyul nah......

cause plenty ah dem women prettier than the one they go pick anyways.......

Miss Universe/World is not only about looks  ;D but ah agree with you dey  :)

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Same strategy
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2007, 10:17:27 AM »
Trinidad & Tobago Newsday
Saturday, March 10 2007
Giselle upset over no Miss World

Former Miss World Giselle La Ronde-West says she is “very disappointed” that this country will not send a delegate to the Miss Universe and Miss World competitions this year.

Speaking with Newsday on Thursday, La Ronde West said, “It is very sad that 24 young women will be deprived of the opportunity to develop themselves in a holistic way.

“That’s what happens when these bright and beautiful young women enter these competitions. It’s about self development and being an ambassador for your country.

“It also takes away the one genuine opportunity to promote Trinidad and Tobago to millions of people the world over.”

La Ronde-West sympathises with franchise holder Peter Elias saying, “it really takes plenty dollars to put on a good show to get a representative for your country. He has proven that if the young women are well trained, develop the right attitude, and are well outfitted they can go all the way in these competitions.

“But it is not up to private companies to sponsor these shows, this is someone who will be representing Trinidad and Tobago, what is needed is for the Tourism Development Authority and the Ministry of Tourism to get involved.

“I can’t help but mention the great amount of mileage in promotion the country receives.”

The 1986 Miss World said she knows just how Elias feels and understands the problem “I was faced with the same situation the last year I held the Miss World franchise with Wayne Berkeley. “ We just could not put on a show to send a representative.”

“You cannot continue to use personal funds to keep the franchise alive, it just costs too much.

“As much as I am disappointed, if we have to miss this year to wake up people then so be it,” ended La Ronde-West.

Another past winner, this country’s first Miss Universe, Janelle Penny Commissiong Chow although very busy with organising the local leg of the ICC World Cup did answer our call.

When asked for a comment on the present situation she simply said, “For 25 years I have not commented on anything about Miss Universe, and I don’t intend to start now.”
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 10:29:34 AM by dcs »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2007, 10:48:37 AM »
I cry a river of indifference
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2007, 06:40:51 PM »
again is the Gov't fault....

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2007, 06:47:50 PM »
Ah wonder what Penny meant by that comment she made?  Curious comment from some a high profile former winner.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 12:03:30 AM »
again is the Gov't fault....

not a matter of fault.

is a move to make dem pay up.
lol

U calling Giselle a liar?   ;D

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Government saves the day
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2007, 10:31:18 AM »
Trinidad & Tobago Newsday
Tuesday, March 20 2007
Yuille-Williams: TT will send Miss Universe delegate

By Clint Chan Tack

COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT and Culture Minister Joan Yuille-Williams yesterday said Government will do what it could to ensure that Trinidad and Tobago is represented at the 2007 Miss Universe Pageant which takes place in Mexico on May 28. The minister also said changes could be made to the format of next year’s Dimanche Gras show.

Speaking with Newsday following the funeral service for Fitzgerald “Mighty Terror” Henry at the Holy Trinity Cathedral in Port-of-Spain yesterday, Yuille-Williams gave the assurance that Government would do what it could to ensure that TT is represented at this year’s pageant.

Yuille-Williams said she was out of the country when this development happened but “we are going to try and rectify that.” The minister said national director for TT Miss Universe Peter Elias has been doing a “wonderful job” to prepare TT’s women to represent the country at these pageants and Government will see what it could do to help in this instance. “Shouldn’t we (Trinidad and Tobago) be there (at Miss Universe)?” she asked. TT has won the Miss Universe crown twice in the pageant’s history (Penny Commissiong Chow in 1977 and Wendy Fitzwilliam in 1998).

Elias welcomed Yuille-Williams’ offer of support. “Miss TT presence is a wonderful opportunity to positively promote this beautiful country,” Elias said. He said many countries who participate seriously and successfully in the pageant “do that with their countries backing.” On March 7, Elias said TT would not be able to send a representative to this year’s pageant due to financial constraints.

Delivering the homily at yesterday’s funeral service for calypsonian Fitzgerald “The Mighty Terror” Henry at the Holy Trinity Cathedral in Port-of-Spain, Canon Knolly Clarke wondered whether there should be a Dimanche Gras show for Carnival 2008 because of the controversy which arose after Cro Cro (Weston Rawlins) was crowned Calypso Monarch.

Some of the other calypso monarch finalists claimed that Cro Cro’s song was not an original tune and wanted to see the judges’ scoresheets.

Recalling Terror’s skills as both a performer and composer, Clarke lamented that there was “too much smut in calypso” today and many calypsonians were letting down the art form.

He urged Yuille-Williams and Trinbago Unified Calypsonians Organisation (TUCO) president Michael “Protector” Leggerton, who were seated amongst the congregation, to do what they could to ensure that calypso returns to the high standards set by Terror and other calypso greats of his era.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 10:32:59 AM by dcs »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 10:52:34 AM »
All the talk about promoting T&T etc aside.

From what I've read, in 2003 Venezuela had a similar problem. It was a foreign exchange controls problem, but what caught my eye was the amount of the franchise fee - $80,000
see: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D07E1DD153EF934A25756C0A9659C8B63

I would think that if I pay that kind of money, I would expect to make it back as a result of business operations. Or is my business plan to wait for the government to bail me out?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 09:25:27 PM »
Nothing easy for beauty queens these days...

TRAVEL WORRIES: Miss India T&T Anushka Dube is scheduled to compete in the Miss India Worldwide competition in New Jersey this Sunday, but has not yet been able to renew her passport or her US visa.

Passport runaround for beauty queen
Julien Neaves jneaves@trinidadexpress.com

Tuesday, April 3rd 2007

REIGNING Miss India/T&T, Anushka Dube, is scheduled to compete in the Miss India Worldwide competition in New Jersey this Sunday, but is still unaware of whether she will be able to do so, as she has not yet been able to renew her passport or US Visa.

The 17-year-old Chaguanas native beat out 11 other finalists at the local level last May and is scheduled to compete against delegates from 21 other countries for the international crown.

Dube, speaking to the Express yesterday, said she had learned the date of the competition one month ago and attempted to renew her passport and obtain the new machine-readable passport on March 19.

She was informed that she would have to wait ten working days and her requests that it be expedited were initially refused. She was reportedly told by officers "this is not important enough" and "so what if you don't get to go".

"I representing Trinidad and Tobago, something for the country, and I hoped people would have some kind of patriotism," she said.

Dube noted that she visited the office four times and complained about long waiting periods and poor service. Yesterday, she and her mother went to the office and were successful in speaking directly with Chief Immigration Officer Herman Browne.

Browne later told the Express that Dube explained the problem to him and he had the passport expedited, but could not comment on what had occurred before.

Dube paid the fee for the passport and was told it should be ready today at 1 p.m. or "definitely" by tomorrow, the day she was supposed to arrive for the pageant. She is also yet to book her flight for the pageant.

Dube noted that if she arrived late she would miss some of the sub-competitions, which would result in her losing points and reducing her chances at winning. She added that if she is unable to attend, she would have to reimburse the pageant management the fee of US$5,000, which they had paid for her to enter the competition.

Dube said a lot of money had been spent on clothes for the pageant.

Contacted on the issue, chief co-ordinator of the local pageant, Mahendra Rampersad, said he had total faith and confidence in Dube and believes everything would be organised in time for the pageant.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2007, 07:23:21 AM »
Alright let meh throw some sand in the rice here.

Why should we spend millions of dollars to put a young lady into a glorified TV show, that makes Donald Trump and NBC network rich.

It is a 45 min TV spot. Viewed by who?

The girls who enter benefit by getting a nice wuk in Angostura after or they model in TT. But does that equate to the money that is being spent.

A beauty pagent is a smart man way of making money.

It is a business to itself and Donald is the Don internationally and Peter Elias the recipient locally. What spin-offs does the country get tangible or intangible? That can be equated into monetary terms and justified.

We all know the pagent is a viewer rating, political thing based on what part of the world it is held.

We know it biased bad.

Who remembers the country where it was hosted and the winners? I certainly don't.

You feel anybody in America or any other part of the world remember when TT host the pagent and who win that year?

Go back and google Trinidad,UNC, and Miss Universe and see how much millions we wasted by hosting the show. While Donald Trump make a profit orf the country head for Free.

Also if our representative does not make the top 10, who really remembers the 3 second spot when they dress up in they costume and bawl I am Ms. XYZ from TRINIDAD AND TOBAGOOOOOOOOOOO.

We ent have no money to send no girl to a TV show........small ting.

I am indifferent and we do not need a jokey Donald Trump production to let the world know what we are capable of. It is sad that this is what we must use to let the world know we exist rather than promote our sports, education, industry or some other more meaningful avenue for our Country's exposure.

Besides we win it twice already, we win Miss World and we does be in the Top 10 right tru....let us give others a chance.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 07:46:18 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Pro-Jayz

• Sr. Warrior
  • Is ah long time since ah went Gulf City!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2007, 07:36:58 AM »
Nothing easy for beauty queens these days...

TRAVEL WORRIES: Miss India T&T Anushka Dube is scheduled to compete in the Miss India Worldwide competition in New Jersey this Sunday, but has not yet been able to renew her passport or her US visa.

Passport runaround for beauty queen
Julien Neaves jneaves@trinidadexpress.com

Tuesday, April 3rd 2007

REIGNING Miss India/T&T, Anushka Dube, is scheduled to compete in the Miss India Worldwide competition in New Jersey this Sunday, but is still unaware of whether she will be able to do so, as she has not yet been able to renew her passport or US Visa.

The 17-year-old Chaguanas native beat out 11 other finalists at the local level last May and is scheduled to compete against delegates from 21 other countries for the international crown.

Dube, speaking to the Express yesterday, said she had learned the date of the competition one month ago and attempted to renew her passport and obtain the new machine-readable passport on March 19.

She was informed that she would have to wait ten working days and her requests that it be expedited were initially refused. She was reportedly told by officers "this is not important enough" and "so what if you don't get to go".

"I representing Trinidad and Tobago, something for the country, and I hoped people would have some kind of patriotism," she said.

Dube noted that she visited the office four times and complained about long waiting periods and poor service. Yesterday, she and her mother went to the office and were successful in speaking directly with Chief Immigration Officer Herman Browne.

Browne later told the Express that Dube explained the problem to him and he had the passport expedited, but could not comment on what had occurred before.

Dube paid the fee for the passport and was told it should be ready today at 1 p.m. or "definitely" by tomorrow, the day she was supposed to arrive for the pageant. She is also yet to book her flight for the pageant.

Dube noted that if she arrived late she would miss some of the sub-competitions, which would result in her losing points and reducing her chances at winning. She added that if she is unable to attend, she would have to reimburse the pageant management the fee of US$5,000, which they had paid for her to enter the competition.

Dube said a lot of money had been spent on clothes for the pageant.

Contacted on the issue, chief co-ordinator of the local pageant, Mahendra Rampersad, said he had total faith and confidence in Dube and believes everything would be organised in time for the pageant.

only born in Santa Cruz BUT RAISED IN SAN FERNANDO..so dont get tied up!...I FROM SOUTH!

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2007, 07:51:43 AM »
Alright let meh throw some sand in the rice here.

Why should we spend millions of dollars to put a young lady into a glorified TV show, that makes Donald Trump and NBC network rich.

It is a 45 min TV spot. Viewed by who?

The girls who enter benefit by getting a nice wuk in Angostura after or they model in TT. But does that equate to the money that is being spent.

A beauty pagent is a smart man way of making money.

It is a business to itself and Donald is the Don internationally and Peter Elias the recipient locally. What spin-offs does the country get tangible or intangible? That can be equated into monetary terms and justified.

We all know the pagent is a viewer rating, political thing based on what part of the world it is held.

We know it biased bad.

Who remembers the country where it was hosted and the winners? I certainly don't.

You feel anybody in America or any other part of the world remember when TT host the pagent and who win that year?

Go back and google Trinidad,UNC, and Miss Universe and see how much millions we wasted by hosting the show. While Donald Trump make a profit orf the country head for Free.

Also if our representative does not make the top 10, who really remembers the 3 second spot when they dress up in they costume and bawl I am Ms. XYZ from TRINIDAD AND TOBAGOOOOOOOOOOO.

We ent have no money to send no girl to a TV show........small ting.

I am indifferent and we do not need a jokey Donald Trump production to let the world know what we are capable of. It is sad that this is what we must use to let the world know we exist rather than promote our sports, education, industry or some other more meaningful avenue for our Country's exposure.

Besides we win it twice already, we win Miss World and we does be in the Top 10 right tru....let us give others a chance.

Yah damn rite  :applause: :applause: Sad to say it but ,if they want us let the Don sponsor us .

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2007, 10:25:26 AM »

So you'll saying T&T should not participate in any future pageants then?

People make the same arguments for us participating in the WC wrt benefits.

Same thing for hosting the cricket WC.  ICC making all the profit.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2007, 01:54:37 PM »
DCS

I find it difficult to equate WC football the game of billions and the highest viewer ship event in the world and ICC cricket with a mere Donald Trump 45 min TV show.

They are on two totally different levels in terms of viewership, participation, involvement etc.

I wouldnt mind if you post some of the arguments for us participating in the WC....so I could understand where you coming from.
IParticipation in a World Cup is based on merit and hard work....not an entry fee.

Now in a way not hosting certain events or not splashing out money makes for good economic sense.

Look how good Manning feeling considering TT ent spend no money on cricket and those countries who spent money buss big time.

This Cricket World Cup was a total buss in terms of visitors and attendance = revenue.

But getting back to the point.

TT should participate in future pagents, but proper planning, fundraising, accountablility etc must come into play.

For funding to come from the Government you cannot just jump up and bawl you have no money, a proper submission, budget etc must first be passed unto cabinet for a note to be passed.

If it takes a non-appearance for everyone to sit back, adjust deyself and then work out the logisitcs so be it.

If we never send another girl to another pagent...dais no scene to me neither. (personal opinion....I find all pagents to be a big scam and a money making enterprise benefitting only the promoter)

TT go survive, you could tune in and gape at the other 100 nations same way and just to show yuh how jokey the ting is.....the top 10 is Venezuela, Brazil, Usa, India, Colombia....two token European countries, A token Asian, A Token Darkie ( Which we usually get) and finally a spot for the host or the region in which the event is being held.

But I cyar blame the beauty contest sector of TT...money sharing wild wild in TT, nuttin wrong with calling for a slice of the pie.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2007, 03:41:36 PM »
Touches yuh talk real good dey  :applause:

When penny an dem was winning...de viewership was probably 100 times what it is now
The prizes were actual prizes....i was 6 years old when penny win and still remember drooling in awe over the Mazda Rx-7 that she get.... just one of the many priizes, trips , jewelry etc etc

Since trump take over the prizes reduce to, ah dress, two pairs ah shoes and a free coupon to burger king

Time , internet porn and cable tv make people realize dat whole ting is ah waste ah time.
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2007, 07:35:46 PM »

So when them girls had win for us....place wasn't going crazy like we win olympic medal?

Maybe male perspective on pagaents different from females....but I feel "some" of them value it more than yuh put to it.

The Minister also said that we will be sending someone so I dunno bout all that process ting....is not like we don't do this now for now money thing for plenty other cultural/sporting ventures.

Part of the value of it is how the public feel about not participating and considering our past success I think some of them will feel ahow...so it must have some value in the public's eye.

And about it being a money making thing...what exactly wrong with that?  I don't know of any sporting event that isn't.

Maybe they could turn the pageant into a reality show (is trump we dealing with) and give them things to do...maybe so the public cud see their real character instead of guessing from some superficial contest format.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2007, 07:40:09 AM »
TI

Be very careful of how you describe someone else point of view..........for over 90% of your posts I disagree with you and shake my head at what you type.

What I posted was intended to be a chain up and dcs took the bait nicely and you have revealed yet again your inability to discuss a topic or provide a salient point or two for us to see where you coming from.

But you have provided me with a morning laugh as usual.

Cheers  :beermug:

DCS cool scene, I understand where you coming from and you making sense, I agree with your points but a pagent just doe seem as important to me and the value for me has diminished.

Laters

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2007, 07:48:11 AM »
Touches how yuh go forhet miss puerto rico from the top 10 and the token darkie from africa.

Yuh have some valid points regarding the 3 second in the limelight and the cost of participating versus benefits.
On the other hand, i think we (i.e. country's rep) get more visibility at the events leading up to the show (i.e. numerous public appaearnces in host country), however i understand the real deal is the lack of worldwide attention if you don't make the top 10.

I think the show is worthwhile to an extent but proper organization is necessary to ensure participation can be funded without the government bailing out this venture.  Self sufficiency is necessary.

TIi have a very good point, everybody have their dreams and we shouldn't deprive people just because some think it does not make sense.  

Personally, I don't see much benefits to show, right now i taking classes with 3 former beauty queens (miss georgia, miss connecticut and miss michigan) and it appears as though them entering these shows benefits them mostly than it benefits the general public.  

However, i like to watch the show and wait for that 3 seconds when miss trinidad and tobago come on screen so i can boast to mih american partners that we have the hottest girls and there are hotter girls back home who doh enter.

1]; } ?>