April 19, 2024, 02:14:58 AM

Author Topic: Miss T&T Universe & Miss World Thread  (Read 79097 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Miss Trinidad & Tobago Universe Pageant 2013
« Reply #450 on: September 29, 2013, 06:33:11 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2w4LK_cMfp4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2w4LK_cMfp4</a>
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 02:17:01 PM by Socapro »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Miss T&T Universe Thread
« Reply #451 on: September 29, 2013, 07:07:12 AM »
Miss T&T Universe Reality Series

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sxASjOHxZAE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sxASjOHxZAE</a>
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 04:41:30 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Miss Trinidad & Tobago Universe Pageant 2013
« Reply #452 on: September 29, 2013, 04:18:53 PM »
... and not one solitary f***k was given.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Miss T&T Universe Reality Series
« Reply #453 on: September 29, 2013, 04:19:31 PM »
Here neither...

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 29, 2013, 06:30:10 PM »

Not one solitary f**k was given about this comment.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 29, 2013, 06:31:10 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2w4LK_cMfp4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2w4LK_cMfp4</a>

Well put together. The material isn't my bag, but I did end up watching the entire episode.
Wondering why they used foreign music though.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 29, 2013, 06:48:06 PM »

But yet you respond to it.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 29, 2013, 07:08:10 PM »

But yet you respond to it.

::)

You are indeed a true logician.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 29, 2013, 09:12:48 PM »

Wha'ppen Pavlov... yuh run outta bells?

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 29, 2013, 09:24:21 PM »

Wha'ppen Pavlov... yuh run outta bells?

I'm sure you'll figure out what happened.
 :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 29, 2013, 10:07:06 PM »

Nah... yuh not that interesting.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 30, 2013, 08:13:13 AM »

Nah... yuh not that interesting.

I'll take that as a "no" then.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #462 on: September 30, 2013, 07:21:09 PM »

I beg to differ.

I gave half a f**k.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 30, 2013, 10:27:20 PM »
I beg to differ.

I gave half a f**k.

VB

Half is still less than one... lol

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 01, 2013, 03:52:50 AM »
I beg to differ.

I gave half a f**k.

VB

Half is still less than one... lol

You are right. But I gave a half on Saturday and then another half on Sunday.  :)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TT pulls out 2015 Ms Universe
« Reply #465 on: October 21, 2015, 02:02:16 AM »
TT pulls out Ms Universe
By JULIEN NEAVES (NEWSDAY)

REIGNING Miss Trinidad and Tobago Jevon King will not represent this country in the Miss Universe 2015, due partly to the fall-out from statements by former owner and United States presidential candidate Donald Trump.

Local pageant franchise holder Tribe, (the Miss Trinidad and Tobago Universe Organisation) in a media release yesterday, stated that the decision was taken, following discussions between the International Miss Universe Organisation and local franchise holders.

According to the locals, the move “was based on several factors that have made it prudent for the team not to select a candidate for this year’s competition”.

The organisation noted that following the public utterances by Trump which “many viewed as insensitive and very offensive to the Mexican and Latin Community” there were calls from several quarters for Trinidad and Tobago to not take part in the next edition of the competition.

In June this year while campaigning to become President the billionaire real estate developer and television personality said Mexican immigrants were “bringing drugs (to the US), and bringing crime, and they’re rapists”.

Last July, local franchise holder and Tribe bandleader Dean Ackin, had said in a statement that he was “concerned that the fallout over the statements by Mr Trump were now affecting the Miss Universe brand, and we will continue to monitor developments with a view to making an informed decision regarding the franchise”.

Yesterday the decision was confirmed for there to be a pull out from this year’s pageant.

In the release the organisation reported that the fallout from Trump’s statement has had major implications for the international competition, that has seen it lose its television network partner, NBC and several of its long-standing sponsors dropped their support from the pageant.

“Locally, the franchise holders also saw several of their sponsors preferring to defer commitment until that situation was resolved, and additionally, that the intense campaigning of the 2015 General Election in Trinidad would have severely affected the reach and impact of the local competition,” the organisation noted.

The organisation noted that a decision was made to delay the selection of a representative until the conclusion of the General election, and resolution of the issues.

A week after the election on September 14 last, Trump severed ties with the international pageant.

Later, the Miss Universe organisation was sold to International Entertainment and Sports Management Conglomerate WME/IMG which now has 100 percent shareholding of the company.

The organisation reported that only last week the pageant’s new management confirmed that the competition would take place on December 20, “at a venue still to be determined.

In addition, management had given a mandate of November 15, as the deadline for selecting and crowning a representative”.

“This leaves the franchise with under five weeks to select and prepare a candidate, and while several options have been examined, (including a one day screening and selection process) it has been determined that this year Trinidad and Tobago should not participate,” the organisation stated.

“The team is indeed disappointed, and apologises to loyal fans of the pageant, but this is being done in the interest of assuring that Trinidad and Tobago prepares and selects the best possible candidate to represent the red, white and black on the international stage rather than sending a hastily prepared contestant who will not be able to compete at her optimum level,” the organisation added.

The organisation reported that the International Miss Universe organisation had already given approval for the local franchise holder to miss this year, and begin to search for, and prepare a candidate for next year’s edition.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TT pulls out 2015 Ms Universe
« Reply #466 on: October 21, 2015, 03:16:51 PM »
I for one would not pull out of any Miss Universe

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 21, 2015, 06:57:33 PM »
I for one would not pull out of any Miss Universe

;D ;D :beermug: :beermug:

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 25, 2015, 09:15:18 PM »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 08, 2015, 01:34:32 PM »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 10, 2015, 09:28:11 PM »

^^ Vote for Kimberly Singh 🇹🇹

https://www.facebook.com/MissWorldTrinidadandTobago/photos/a.666643960038000.1073741827.665627536806309/924551150913945/?type=3&theater

Winner of the votes will automatically be thrown into the mix for the final stages of the Miss World Live Show on Saturday 19 December!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 11, 2015, 07:43:03 PM »

Trinidad and Tobago contestant for the Miss World Pageant. Kimberly Singh  :)

https://www.facebook.com/MissWorld/photos/a.10153841277659974.1073741954.266360019973/10153841294974974/?type=3

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0jrOb083kV8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0jrOb083kV8</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 20, 2015, 09:44:56 PM »
Congrats to Miss Philippines....I feel it for Steve Harvey, tough mistake to make.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #474 on: December 21, 2015, 03:58:57 AM »
Miss TT stranded in China
T&T NEWSDAY

KIMBERLY Singh, this country’s representative to the Miss World Pageant, held on the weekend in far off China, is said to be stranded in that country according to a post on her sister’s Facebook page. Singh, 21, apparently does not have money to pay for her luggage..

Which according to the posting includes items belonging to her sponsors which must be returned shortly. Renata Singh posted yesterday that her sister is stranded in China and expressed concern for her younger sister. Singh was dethroned by local organiser Oneness International and replaced by second runner-up in the local pageant.

Daniela Walcott, on the basis of not meeting the organisers’ criteria in terms of training and preparation to represent this country at the pageant. But Singh fought this decision and sought relief through the courts filing a successful injunction against Oneness. The courts later arbitrated and Singh was reinstated as this country’s representative to the Miss World competition in Sanya.

China. With regards to Singh’s current situation in China, Renata Singh yesterday posted, “I hope your sponsors seeing this...we have been calling Vanessa .....her family who is on the Board of Miss World TT since ten o’clock last night. And Miss World International tried calling as well. My mother and myself didn’t sleep last night.

“If anybody has a way to contact the Miss World Trinidad and Tobago organisation can you let them know Kimberly Farrah Singh is stranded with no money to pay for luggage in China...The luggage has Miss World TT Sponsored items that needs to be returned to the sponsors!!!HELP ME CONTACT THEM IF YOU CAN!’ Newsday attempted to reach franchise holder Vanessa Sahatoo-Manoo.

but then discovered through Miss World TT’s facebook posting.

that she was “en route” and could not communicate. The Miss World TT posted on its facebook page.

“On behalf of Mrs Sahatoo-Manoo.

National Director for Ms World TT we want to inform you that she is en route at this time and does not have access to communication. During her recent lay-over she was made aware and is saddened of the unfortunate issue that Kimberly is facing with her luggage in Sanya, China. “Mrs Sahatoo-Manoo is very shocked with this development because Kimberly was given the necessary funds to cover her approved luggage to Sanya and back to Port-of-Spain before her departure flight from Port-of-Spain. She was also given a stipend and health insurance was purchased for her as well.

Mrs Sahatoo-Manoo did not leave any luggage with Kimberly. The designer pieces that Mrs Sahatoo- Manoo took with her is in Mrs Sahatoo-Manoo’s possession. Mrs Sahatoo-Manoo will address this issue once she arrives back in Trinidad and Tobago. “In the meantime, on behalf of the MWTT organisation we would like to congratulate Ms Kimberly Singh.

Miss World Trinidad and Tobago 2015 for a job well done during her participation at the 65th edition of the Miss World Beauty pageant held in Sanya, China on December 19, 2015. We wish you all the best and safe travel back home to beautiful Trinidad and Tobago. We also wish our ND safe travel as well as she makes her journey back home.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Miss T&T Universe Reality Series
« Reply #475 on: November 02, 2017, 04:41:00 AM »
Miss Universe T&T stripped.
By Geisha Kowlessar (Guardian).

This country’s Miss Universe T&T pageant first runner-up Martrecia Alleyne is now being considered to replace stripped delegate Yvonne Clarke.

The local franchise holder for the pageant, Jenny Douglas, was weighing this option yesterday after she stripped Clarke of her title over an alleged breach of contract nine days before she was due to leave for the international event in Las Vegas.

Less than two weeks after winning the title, Clarke was told via email from Douglas that she would no longer be able to represent the country.

But during a press conference at the St James studio of soca artiste Fay Ann Lyons yesterday, Clarke demanded an apology from Douglas, saying she did nothing wrong in seeking sponsorship on her own, including from Lyons. She claimed she was left with no choice after all she received from Douglas was an “old black dress” and an admittance they did not have “all the resources” to get her to the competition.

“I asked her if there was anything else the franchise could give me beside a dress and she (Douglas) said no. I did not do anything without the authorisation of the franchise holder. She even sent me letterhead from the Miss Universe TT which to this day I did not use,” Clarke maintained at the press conference.

She said Douglas told her she could seek sponsorship from anyone locally “except from the Government.” She said from day one of the local pageant she felt something was wrong, as there were several “hiccups” along the way. This, she said, prompted her to document all her conversations with Douglas, including taping telephone conversations.

Saying she was forced to dip into her personal finances to prepare herself, Clarke said through a friend she was told to approach Lyons for help.

Lyons, Clarke said, had been instrumental in getting her a plane ticket, professional hair and make-up artists and even organising several professional photo shoots.

As she went through hardship getting sponsorship, Clarke, who broke down in tears at some points, said she also offered advice to Douglas regarding how to deal with issues on social media.

“I said to Jenny digital media management is important because she was getting into feuds with citizens on social media about the way in which the franchise was being run. I told her to avoid social media conflict because it not only brings the Miss Universe pageant into disrepute but it also brings me, as a delegate, into disrepute,” Clarke said.

“The reason why I am so hurt by this was because when T&T was bashing her and saying she was unprofessional I was the one who supported her.”

She also accused Douglas of deliberately withholding her contract after she signed it some months ago.

Douglas also hinted that Clarke may not have had a US visa but yesterday Clarke said she did.

Lyons, who also spoke, said she too wanted an apology from Douglas, as all she did was help a “beautiful and talented young lady” realise her dream. She described the incident as unfortunate, saying too many times “we as a people” refuse to support each other.

“I was very disappointed because some people had some ridiculous comments to make,” Lyons said.

In a statement yesterday, Douglas said, “The Miss Universe T&T committee has voted unanimously to disqualify Miss Yvonne Clarke from representing Trinidad and Tobago in this year’s Miss Universe 2017 Pageant competition.

“We are saddened by this turn of events, however, we have to maintain our strict contractual agreements. We will, however, make sure another suitable representative will go and who will abide by the Miss Universe T&T rules and regulations under their contractual agreement.”

In an interview with Guardian Media, Douglas also accused Clarke of making statements which “misrepresented” the franchise and of “being on television and begging for money.”

Yvonne Clarke, who was disqualified from representing T&T at the Miss Universe 2017 Pageant, responds to questions from the media during yesterday’s press conference. At left is soca artist Fay-Ann Lyons. PICTURE SHIRLEY BAHADUR

1]; } ?>