March 28, 2024, 07:16:18 AM

Author Topic: Beenhakker returns  (Read 4498 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Beenhakker returns
« on: July 21, 2006, 10:49:17 PM »
Beenhakker returns
(Trinidad Guardian)

22nd July, 2006

WIM RIJSBERGEN, new coach of the Soca Warriors and former coach, Leo Beenhakker, are expected to arrive today at 4.35pm for a meeting with Minister of Sport Roger Boynes and officials of the T&TFF, and its special adviser, Jack Warner.
Rijsbergen was promoted from the assistant coach to the top post earlier this month after Beenhakker accepted the position of coach of Poland for the next two years, in the first instance.

Both men will also meet with local officials tomorrow from 11 am at a venue to decided to discuss the future of T&T football.

The evaluation of T&T’s World Cup 2006 effort, with regards to players and staff who are in T&T will be made public at a press conference on Monday.

The Dutch-duo are also expected to appear at the local auto-biography launch of Jack Warner’s “From Zero to Hero,” written by Trinidad Guardian Sports Editor Valentino Singh, on Tuesday from 8am at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.

The creating of a new technical staff for the 2006 to 2010 period will also be discussed.

Rijsbergen, 54, will also have the task of putting a team together for this country’s first international match in August

A member of the Holland 1974 World Cup team, Rijsbergen, served as assistant to Beenhakker during his tenure here, and will take up the position coach of the team immediately.

He will have Anton Corneal and fellow-Dutchman Jan Van Deinsen as his assistants, based on his request. They have already agreed to serve.

Beenhakker has also agreed to be available as a technical advisor to the Soca Warriors during this period and will attend the local players’ matches on a “need to do basis.”

Both Rijsbergen and Beenhakker are also expected to be presented with their monetary rewards for helping the team qualify for the World, while Beenhakker is also expected to be presented with the Chaconia Gold Medal.

Rijsbergen will receive $250,000 in cash and Beenhakker, $1million.

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Beenhakker returns
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 12:38:11 AM »
Tell Beenhakker I say go phu*ue himself!

Selfish self serving two face money horngree "it's all about me" b!tch !
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 12:40:17 AM by whayuhsay »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 12:40:52 AM »

Selfish money horngree "it's all about me" b!tch !

what kinda pompous ungreatful idiot are you??

not only is that a disgusting response to a man that has done alot for football in T&T...

BUT tell me... would you prefer to have more money than respect?

stewps. I admit that I tend to say alot of rash things but common have some common sense far less even some real concious thought.

stewpsssssssssssssssssss.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 12:47:41 AM »
Because I doh like de man, I is a idiot, I repeat Beenie could go phu*ue himself, like all dem odder foreigners, they are a bunch of self serving money horngree b!tches who allyuh love to suck orp too..

Call me a Latapy lover, but I been following Latas for 20 years, he get we in the World Cup den Beenie bench him so the focus could be on him!

Dat Sweden game, is not phu*uing Beenie pull a miracle, is Shaka who pull 10 miracles, we could have easily lost 4-0 but allyuh Massa was going to start Jack, is only injury that miracle Hislop happen to be on the field. 

But allyuh so blinded by white phu*uing light, yuh give ALL praise to Beenhakker.

Is de players Dammit!

not only is that a disgusting response to a man that has done alot for football in T&T...

stewps. I admit that I tend to say alot of rash things but common have some common sense far less even some real concious thought.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 12:49:27 AM by whayuhsay »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 12:55:09 AM »
Because I doh like de man, I is a idiot, I repeat Beenie could go phu*ue himself, like all dem odder foreigners, they are a bunch of self serving money horngree b!tches who allyuh love to suck orp too..

Call me a Latapy lover, but I been following Latas for 20 years, he get we in the World Cup den Beenie bench him so the focus could be on him!

Dat Sweden game, is not phu*uing Beenie pull a miracle, is Shaka who pull 10 miracles, we could have easily lost 4-0 but allyuh Massa was going to start Jack, is only injury that miracle Hislop happen to be on the field. 

But allyuh so blinded by white phu*uing light, yuh give ALL praise to Beenhakker.

Is de players Dammit!

dred... while you make some valid points... your still being unreasonable and talking some seriously rank shit... and until you can find, and let me quote you, a "phu*ueing" local coach, that can take us to the world cup  when you can do that ill be delighted... but until then you can just shut the "phu*ue" up...

much appriciated.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 06:17:10 AM »

Is de players Dammit!

well dat alone speaks volumes. u dont like the man so anythign come out yuh mouth will be negative and no one shoudl pay u any mind. and sinc eu didnt put ah question mark i assume u making ah statement......so if any one call u ah idiot from now one doh get vex eh  :devil: :devil: :devil:
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 08:01:48 AM »
Because I doh like de man, I is a idiot, I repeat Beenie could go phu*ue himself, like all dem odder foreigners, they are a bunch of self serving money horngree b!tches who allyuh love to suck orp too.

Your statement is very common amoung racist/nationalist groups who bitterly resist foreign influences.

It have too much hate in you.  U being blinded and losing all objectivity.  Trinbagonians admire "foreign" "big shot" footballers and coaches for their ability and accomplishments.  If Frank Rijard was the coach our reaction to him would pretty much be the same...if not more love...definitely not less.

Football is a profession so there isn't anything wrong with people following opportunity once they have integrity.  U have to be real paranoid and insecure about "foreigners" or de "white" light to say this man has not conducted himself in a professional manner.

Let go of that hate...it will follow u around like a demon.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 08:44:10 AM »
what you have against foreigners

come on let it out
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 09:13:51 PM »
We need to treat this fella like lepers of all. Whereever a post turns up run from him.

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline shivadee

• Full Warrior
  • There is only ONE number 7. And its worn in Trini
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2006, 07:14:17 AM »

Selfish self serving two face money horngree "it's all about me" b!tch !
No you're an idiot because you dont understand the simple logistics of business. Ignorant fools like yourself probably barely get past themselves in their own argument. Just reading what you say shows that your level of general intelligence is sub-par. Christ man, at least make sense when you talk instead of "go phu*ue himself...". Because you "doh like de man"....lord have mercy...leave your rum shop talk for the rumshop. Your opinion, like anyone elses is fine...just make sense when you talk instead of rant and rave like an old fool...when you post like that no one CARES what you have to say. ::)and my ONE line answer just trump your WHOLE argument:
 Players cant play like that without a coach to tell them too.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 07:25:35 AM by shivadee »

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2006, 11:09:50 AM »

Is de players Dammit!

Ah know how yuh feel whayuhsay, cuz I'm also ah long long time supporter of Latapy. Ah does try and avoid any topic dat deals with de run de general get in de world cup, cuz ah does just get KROSS. Ah eh no coach, but there is no way anybody cud convince me, about dat petty run he get. However, ah still feel yuh shouldn't cuss out Beenie. Bless.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2006, 02:59:30 PM »
I believe that it was Yorke and Latas leadership that provided the inspiration during that last few games of the qualifers and the WC. Beenie focused on a defensive system during the WC for those 3 matches he took us away from OUR game to save face.

I don't condone what whayusay said, it wasn't necessary, but the truth is WE have ALWAYS given better treatment, and have spoken in a glorious voice to and about the foreigners, it is who we are. One guy mentioned that Beenie did alot for T&T football, the truth is he hasn't come close to what some of our local coaches have done throughout the years, and it has to be considered a disrespect to our local coaches if we are willing to bestow hero status on Beenie, he is no hero to me  he showed he does have value and thats about it.

My heroes are the Warriors that stepped up, accepted the challenge and made us proud, my heroes are folks like Flex and Tallman whose passion for this sport and their Soca Warriors have allowed us all to maintain our passions also, my heroes are the countless Trinbagonians who ventured to Germany in support of OUR Warriors. I am thankful to Beenie for his efforts and insights, but a hero he is not. I must add - Wim is however in a position to become a hero. Only time will tell. :devil: :devil:

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2006, 03:36:10 PM »
I believe that it was Yorke and Latas leadership that provided the inspiration during that last few games of the qualifers and the WC. Beenie focused on a defensive system during the WC for those 3 matches he took us away from OUR game to save face.

I don't condone what whayusay said, it wasn't necessary, but the truth is WE have ALWAYS given better treatment, and have spoken in a glorious voice to and about the foreigners, it is who we are. One guy mentioned that Beenie did alot for T&T football, the truth is he hasn't come close to what some of our local coaches have done throughout the years, and it has to be considered a disrespect to our local coaches if we are willing to bestow hero status on Beenie, he is no hero to me  he showed he does have value and thats about it.

My heroes are the Warriors that stepped up, accepted the challenge and made us proud, my heroes are folks like Flex and Tallman whose passion for this sport and their Soca Warriors have allowed us all to maintain our passions also, my heroes are the countless Trinbagonians who ventured to Germany in support of OUR Warriors. I am thankful to Beenie for his efforts and insights, but a hero he is not. I must add - Wim is however in a position to become a hero. Only time will tell. :devil: :devil:
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2006, 05:08:54 PM »

passioMy heroes are the Warriors that stepped up, accepted the challenge and made us proud, my heroes are folks like Flex and Tallman whose passion for this sport and their Soca Warriors have allowed us all to maintain our ns also, my heroes are the countless Trinbagonians who ventured to Germany in support of OUR Warriors. I am thankful to Beenie for his efforts and insights, but a hero he is not. I must add - Wim is however in a position to become a hero. Only time will tell. :devil: :devil:

Wey sah, I eh know Flex and Tallman so big ...nuff respeck  ;D 
It so easy for you to label the highted ppl above as heroes but the person that responsible for all ah them being ''your heroes'' yuh want to diss.Hate him, cuss him call him whatever yuh want but yuh cyar call de highighted ppl above heroes and leave out Beenie.....if yuh want ppl tuh take yuh seriously dat is .
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2006, 05:55:53 PM »
the coach of a team will never make a decision that is 100% aceptable by the players, fans, owners etc.  The tenure of a coach is always based on the whim (no pun intended) of the fates.  Look at any sport, coaches get fired/fired, resign and move on to the next team all the time.  That is the nature of the profession.

So whether yuh agree with Beenie or not, there is no need to spew so much venom in his direction.  That kinda hate is not good karma.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2006, 09:07:15 PM »

For me...EXCELLENT POST!!! Thanks Beenhaker. Now take the money that you came back to collect and go. OUR BUSINESS TRANSACTION IS OVER. I cyar make he no Hero. Especially not with the obvious disdain that he has shown. Is it not obvious to some of you!!? For him, it was all business and for us, so it should be too. No sentimental Hero Status BS and all ah that.

On to the next coach.

Been hacker eh no hero to me either.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2006, 09:24:27 PM »

I don't condone what whayusay said, it wasn't necessary, but the truth is WE have ALWAYS given better treatment, and have spoken in a glorious voice to and about the foreigners, it is who we are. One guy mentioned that Beenie did alot for T&T football, the truth is he hasn't come close to what some of our local coaches have done throughout the years[/b], and it has to be considered a disrespect to our local coaches if we are willing to bestow hero status on Beenie, he is no hero to me he showed he does have value and thats about it.

Yes, we have given foreign coaches there quota of criticism....Mr. Porterfield comes to mind.

Please enlighten me on what our local coaches has done throughtout the years in particular the senior team.....

« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 09:26:46 PM by Tongue »

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Beenhakker: I miss my family
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2006, 09:30:32 PM »
Beenhakker: I miss my family
Ian Prescott (Express)

iprescott@trinidadexpress.com

Monday, July 24th 2006

Leo Beenhakker, left, chats with his T&T assistant Wim Rijsbergen before an international friendly against Iceland in London, England. Rijsbergen has taken over the coaching of the Soca Warriors.

LEO BEENHAKKER has said that being close to his friends and family was the major consideration when deciding to give up the post of head coach of Trinidad and Tobago's Soca Warriors, and taking up a similar position with the national football team of Poland.

"My contract was finished and it was a difficult decision to make to leave the team. But for the last few years I was far away from my family and for the next two years, I prefer to stay close to my family and close to Europe."

The Dutchman arrived in T&T on Saturday night. He is here to accept a $1million reward and a national award for steering T&T to a World Cup Finals for the first time in history.

Beenhakker, who begins his stint with Poland next week, said his main goal is qualification for the 2008 European Cup Finals. He added that he is happy that his former assistant Wim Rijsbergen has succeeded him as T&T coach.

Following a request from FIFA vice president Jack Warner, Beenhakker agreed to be a technical adviser to the Soca Warriors, and will be making himself available to help whenever possible.

"I said I am looking forward to it. I love to keep in touch with here."

Rijsbergen, who came in on the same flight as Beenhakker, said he will begin his programme with T&T on August 1. He will be assisted by T&T's Anton Corneal and Dutchman Jan Van Deinsen, a former professional at Feyenoord.

Rijsbergen said Van Deinsen is very good with youth teams, and will work with Corneal in the development of youth players in preparation for the senior team.

Rijsbergen is looking forward to his assignment, which he said is easier than taking an entirely new assignment since he is already familiar with T&T's players, and has also developed a relationship with local football administrators.

"Hopefully, we get a continuation of the football for the next few years. That is the main job, to organise a new team and get everybody excited for the Olympics and the World Cup."

Rijsbergen is expecting continued backing from Warner to develop his programme, but said his job would be much easier with Government backing as well.

1]; } ?>