April 25, 2024, 06:25:15 AM

Author Topic: Jack happy after football talks with PM.  (Read 4327 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Jack happy after football talks with PM.
« on: July 23, 2006, 09:28:44 PM »
Jack happy after football talks with PM.
By: Driselle Ramjohn (Express).

Trinidad and Tobago will have a new plan for football by the end of the month. This followed a meeting between Prime Minister Patrick Manning and Fifa vice president Jack Warner at Whitehall, Port of Spain yesterday. Warner left the meeting feeling that the Soca Warriors would qualify for the 2010 World Cup finals.
Warner, who is also the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation special adviser, described the meeting with Manning, T&TFF president Oliver Camps, former Warriors coach Leo Beenhakker, new coach Wim Rijesbergen and Sports Minister Roger Boynes as "fruitful''.
The meeting was held to discuss the future and overall development of local football. Speaking with the Express following the meeting Warner said: "With the open-mindedness and positivity in which the Prime Minister discussed the future of football we will definitely qualify for the 2010 World Cup.''
Camps told the Express that based on the meeting, he believes that football in Trinidad is "on the way up, high up''.  The Office of the Prime Minister said in a statement: "It was agreed that proposals previously submitted by the Federation would be exhaustively between the Ministry of Sport and the Federation and agreement should be reached on an appropriate programme on the way forward for football by July 31.''
The Minister of Sports will then submit the agreed proposals for the consideration of Cabinet. The meeting discussed the way forward for the overall development of football with specific reference to the preparation of the under 15, 17 and 20 players for upcoming tournaments including the Gold Cup 2007 and the Olympics in 2008.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 04:34:12 AM by Flex »

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Jack happy after football talks with PM
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 10:55:57 PM »
As a man who is used tuh heart break, I am cautiously opiemistic. . . .Ah want tuh bawl out YES FINALLY, buh a fraid ah d heart break of "da was only talk"
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 11:55:42 PM »
As a man who is used tuh heart break, I am cautiously opiemistic. . . .Ah want tuh bawl out YES FINALLY, buh a fraid ah d heart break of "da was only talk"

To tell you tha truth I don't blame u I feel the same way :rotfl:

TrinInfinite

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 01:09:13 AM »
i hope so, i am very happy 2 hear dis news, our nation will also b glad, when we play japan we will see and by then we will know if de talk is true :beermug:

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 02:24:06 AM »
All dem PNM ministers ent want to miss out on de South Africa bandwagon.
If dey put up from now dey could all justify dey trip and I for one ent going to begrudge dem.

South Africa going tuh be ah real blast.

51 billion dollars in improvements.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Jack happy after football talks with PM.
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 10:20:43 AM »
Dread ah love what ah hearing...but ill still have to adopt a wait and see approach...Ah Keepin meh fingers crossed  :beermug: :beermug:
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 11:07:54 AM »
Remember this is the man who said yesterday was yesterday. So doh be surprise if he say he sad about the plan.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 11:30:20 AM »

I wait to see what actually happens, rather than what they would like to happen

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 02:00:53 PM »
things all good for a minute- the minute govt late you will hear mr warner mouth

1]; } ?>