April 25, 2024, 06:35:29 AM

Author Topic: Jan Van Deinsen arrives on Monday.  (Read 10167 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Jan Van Deinsen arrives on Monday.
« on: July 28, 2006, 04:22:29 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Deinsen will also assist with youth teams.
Newly appointed National Senior Team assistant coach Dutchman Jan Van Deinsen will arrive in the country on Monday and will spend his first few days assessing the state of this country’s national under 16 team as they prepare for next month’s Caribbean Football Union Under 16 Youth Cup.
Van Deinsen, who will assist head coach Wim Rijsbergen and assistant Anton Corneal with the senior team, is also a well equipped coach for youth development and will make himself available in that department.
Before his arrival though, Rijsbergen will join Corneal in looking at 21 Under 16 players spotted during recent screening sessions before making a final call on additions to the existing Under 16 squad which comprises of players who represented the country in last year’s Under 15 CFU Cup right here.
“Jan will arrive here on Monday and he will be involved on both sides both as my assistant with the senior team like Anton and then he will also be involved with the younger teams. He is very good with the youth system and we will make use of him wherever deemed fit in that way,” Rijsbergen told TTFF Media.
The former Dutch World Cup player who had Van Deinsen play alongside him at Feyenoord and also work alongside him an assistant at Dutch First Division club NAC, admitted that his immediate intentions are to get a squad together for the August 9 friendly away to Japan in Tokyo and he is expecting to a high amount of home-based professionals with a decision taken not to interfere with the UK-based players who are preparing for the coming season and have indicated that it would be difficult to get releases from their respective clubs.
“The first thing at the moment is to get the squad for the Japan game. We will have a final look this weekend to seal up a couple of the places and Anton will remain here to work with the Under 16s because I think it will make more sense to leave him as he has already been working with the Under 16s and then by the time we get back from Japan, it will be in time for the tournament,” Rijsbergen added.
Van Deinsen comes here after working in Nigeria where he was head of youth development in Kwara State and also technical advisor with First Division club Go Ahead Eagles. He also served as head coach with Dutch Second Division team MVV Maastricht (2003-2004) and assistant coach with Vitesse Arnhem in the Dutch Premier League in 2004-2005. Before that he was technical director of Dutch First Division club Top Oss. While at Feyenoord, he also played under Leo Beenhakker.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 04:45:58 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

TrinInfinite

Re: Jan Van Deinsen arrives on Monday.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 04:32:46 PM »
lovely, this is my favorite statement of the paragraph, actually this is one of the best tings i have heard in about 5 years for trinidad and tobago football, a 95% local squad playing against japan, under good coaching and technical advisors,  :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:
ah cant wait to see the line-up, these locals will be hungry like wolves tuh prove themselves, mr 3000 come drop yuh signature saying for me bredda. IS PARTY TIME.... :beermug:

The former Dutch World Cup player who had Van Deinsen play alongside him at Feyenoord and also work alongside him an assistant at Dutch First Division club NAC, admitted that his immediate intentions are to get a squad together for the August 9 friendly away to Japan in Tokyo and he is expecting to a high amount of home-based professionals with a decision taken not to interfere with the UK-based players who are preparing for the coming season and have indicated that it would be difficult to get releases from their respective clubs.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 04:34:33 PM »
The man resume not bd at all.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 04:56:50 PM »
I like how he going to be working with them youth teams ,thats exciting and surprising how much he wants to do that.We go find out how talented we really is now.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 05:02:16 PM »
I like how he going to be working with them youth teams ,thats exciting and surprising how much he wants to do that.We go find out how talented we really is now.

he will be surprised what he unearths in our youth teams, veru surprised, we are good for the future, god willing...  but i know he will be amazed :beermug:

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 05:11:23 PM »
Well we always had that natural talent,but what I really want him to unearth ,is that inner fire that defines great players from average players.You know that ability to go to the next level ,to turn it up ah another notch e.g Giggs .Find that trigger and concacaf is ours. :beermug:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 08:51:29 PM by Compre »

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 05:49:24 PM »
When the Dutch ruled Trinidad, seems like history does repeat itself, atleast where our football is concerned. The choke hold that people once had on our football seems to be lifting, I think our football is at ground zero right now and even though we made it to WC 06 the world has not seen TNT firing on all cylinders, I predict  by the time 2010 the team will be made up of more locals that foreign based players and making the final 23  we will have a pool  of about 70 equally good players to choose from, after being in the valley for years we are now heading up El Cerro del Aripo and the dutch are in the drivers seat with co pilot Corneal, ah was jess in de mall an see de exact trini red and white adidas jerseys we use for de sweden game on sale for CAD20.oo they also have the white with red stripes and black with red stripes, so ah buying ah few just for the memories.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 05:54:04 PM »
We in safe hands.  He resume reads well, and they going and access the youths to see what we have for 2014.  Wim working.  He not here to just earn ah easy money.  The structure is going to be implemented, where all our teams play to the Dutch model, so that when a player is promoted to the next team, he is familar with the system of training, etc.  We need that.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 06:06:34 PM »
His resume speaks volumes about his abilty to work with our youths. However with that said, regardless of what the government has said in the last 2-weeks, their resume also speaks volumes. So while we may have gotten capable and competent people (Wim and Van) lets see if they are given the tools to carry out their duty.
Warrior For Life !!

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 06:20:32 PM »
[/size]

Van Deinsen comes here after working in Nigeria where he was head of youth development in Kwara State and also technical advisor with First Division club Go Ahead Eagles. He also served as head coach with Dutch Second Division team MVV Maastricht (2003-2004) and assistant coach with Vitesse Arnhem in the Dutch Premier League in 2004-2005. Before that he was technical director of Dutch First Division club Top Oss. While at Feyenoord, he also played under Leo Beenhakker.
This man is more of a mercenary than Beenie. Is 1 year here and 1 year there. Does that mean that next year he's gone on to a new challenge? The Nigerian Football school of excellence only opened last year and the TD gone already ???
Live large and prosper!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 06:29:56 PM »
Doc, yuh might be right, however, I dont think Wim will recomend a bad coach or a friend instead of a good coach to spoil his reputation and his first role incharge of a national team for the first time. I am sure Beenhakker had a voice  in this to. But you right Doc, wonder why he didn't lasted ? Seems anywhere Beenhakker past through he does leave one of his associates, makes you wonder, anyhow still prefer Jan Van Deinsen over Anton Corneal, in fact I prefer anybody over Corneal.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 06:34:39 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2006, 06:37:28 PM »
When the Dutch ruled Trinidad, seems like history does repeat itself, atleast where our football is concerned. The choke hold that people once had on our football seems to be lifting, I think our football is at ground zero right now and even though we made it to WC 06 the world has not seen TNT firing on all cylinders, I predict  by the time 2010 the team will be made up of more locals that foreign based players and making the final 23  we will have a pool  of about 70 equally good players to choose from, after being in the valley for years we are now heading up El Cerro del Aripo and the dutch are in the drivers seat with co pilot Corneal, ah was jess in de mall an see de exact trini red and white adidas jerseys we use for de sweden game on sale for CAD20.oo they also have the white with red stripes and black with red stripes, so ah buying ah few just for the memories.

On de Block..when did the Dutch rule T&T?..i could only remember the short spell they were in charge of Tobago though, when Tobago was changing hands every few weeks lol
 let we hope this fella come to stay for a few years at least and he is not no mercenary coach.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 06:38:01 PM »
[/size]

This man is more of a mercenary than Beenie. Is 1 year here and 1 year there. Does that mean that next year he's gone on to a new challenge? The Nigerian Football school of excellence only opened last year and the TD gone already ???

Come on now.  Yuh know how unstable dem associations are.  Government does want to intervene in footballing matters and dictate what the Nigerian Federation does.  The Eagles ain't make the World Cup, and yuh know how that does go.  Check any African team and tell me how much stability there is, in terms of retaining coaches.  It might not be Van Deinsen, for all you know.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2006, 06:56:36 PM »
[/size]

Come on now.  Yuh know how unstable dem associations are.  Government does want to intervene in footballing matters and dictate what the Nigerian Federation does.  The Eagles ain't make the World Cup, and yuh know how that does go.  Check any African team and tell me how much stability there is, in terms of retaining coaches.  It might not be Van Deinsen, for all you know.
The Nigerian Federation has nothing to do with that school. Its an academic institute run by the Kwara State Gov't. Westerhof signed a 5 year contract with them as Chief administrator and brought in his countryman Van Deinsen as the TD. But still my main point was the brevity of his stay.
He was having a good time at Vitesse Arhnem, they wanted him to stay, but he was getting the hook up so he left after 1 year. Did he leave there because he was getting the hook-up here? ??? I think that's a fair question.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2006, 07:10:30 PM »
Did we ever had a Dutch coach in the past ?

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2006, 08:39:58 PM »
When the Dutch ruled Trinidad, seems like history does repeat itself, atleast where our football is concerned. The choke hold that people once had on our football seems to be lifting, I think our football is at ground zero right now and even though we made it to WC 06 the world has not seen TNT firing on all cylinders, I predict  by the time 2010 the team will be made up of more locals that foreign based players and making the final 23  we will have a pool  of about 70 equally good players to choose from, after being in the valley for years we are now heading up El Cerro del Aripo and the dutch are in the drivers seat with co pilot Corneal, ah was jess in de mall an see de exact trini red and white adidas jerseys we use for de sweden game on sale for CAD20.oo they also have the white with red stripes and black with red stripes, so ah buying ah few just for the memories.

ON DE BLOCK, weh yuh see them jersey for $20.00?
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2006, 08:48:55 PM »
When the Dutch ruled Trinidad, seems like history does repeat itself, atleast where our football is concerned. The choke hold that people once had on our football seems to be lifting, I think our football is at ground zero right now and even though we made it to WC 06 the world has not seen TNT firing on all cylinders, I predict  by the time 2010 the team will be made up of more locals that foreign based players and making the final 23  we will have a pool  of about 70 equally good players to choose from, after being in the valley for years we are now heading up El Cerro del Aripo and the dutch are in the drivers seat with co pilot Corneal, ah was jess in de mall an see de exact trini red and white adidas jerseys we use for de sweden game on sale for CAD20.oo they also have the white with red stripes and black with red stripes, so ah buying ah few just for the memories.

I would also like to know of this place

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2006, 12:40:54 PM »
Well we always had that natural talent,but what I really want him to unearth ,is that inner fire that defines great players from average players.You know that ability to go to the next level ,to turn it up ah another notch e.g Giggs .Find that trigger and concacaf is ours. :beermug:

Well Said!! Well Said!!! This should be our mantra. Well Said Boss.......
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2006, 01:37:51 PM »
Well it could be our mantra...but what creates great players?
Why would our players stop running ,start taking shifts off stop defending and start having mental lapses,
in probably the most important game off there lives.
If is conditioning that could easily fixed,by having core training and ball training implemented right now,and protein shakes ,lots of protein shakes.If the don"t have the most modern fitness programs from
Europe and North America ,we"ll allways be chasing top teams around.

Individually ,how should each player prepare him self.Ambition = let them know they will probably get rich
if they lucky and work hard enough .Books what soccer book should every student of the game read. ???  They is aguy in the NFl who studied Jerry Rice"s book cover to cover ,did everything it said now he"s one of the best<Joe Horn> . Which book about defending srtiking midfeilder ,by top
players or coaches must we read.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 07:16:03 PM by Compre »

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2006, 01:59:22 PM »
Compre,
I've often wondered if its our laid back carribbean culture thats greatly bears upon the psychie. I know there are many factors which conspire to derail the efforts of even the most ambitious but ultimately individuals MUST want it bad enough.

Ato along with Fitzwilliams et al make the circuit around the primary and secondary schools motivating the youth. I've read some of what Ato has to say and was impressed and thankful for what he had to share.

Anyway ah see yuh have the right idea for the next generation. . . .
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2006, 02:17:49 PM »
Cocorite that caribbean culture is exact.Man I work with these white ppl,and them men is wuk like beast
them doh take rest ,and break  :o. And it it have men like that back home ,we need some of these type of players as part of the program,help inspire work ethic.
This is probaly why Theo ,still home white ppl is  want you do it just like them . ;D

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2006, 02:32:12 PM »
i loved him in those cheech and chong movies
Hart for president

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2006, 03:18:11 PM »

I would also like to know of this place

Bramalea City Center, upper level, Shoe Locker, in Brampton, please note these jerseys have no number or names on the back etc..

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2006, 03:57:05 PM »

On de Block..when did the Dutch rule T&T?..i could only remember the short spell they were in charge of Tobago though, when Tobago was changing hands every few weeks lol
 let we hope this fella come to stay for a few years at least and he is not no mercenary coach.

I could be wrong but I always heard at some point in our history we were a posession of the english, spanish, french and the dutch, some for very short periods where island swaping was the norm depending on who bombed who, for example, when hitler was bombing england you could say we were independent or very close to becoming a german island for a brief period because england was unable at that time to handle her affairs much less an empire.

Offline GyurlTrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2006, 08:11:11 PM »
hmm, interesting ... someone made a point of hoping that in 2010 our National Senior mens team who would be qualifying for the WC (yes, I'm bein optimistic here) would be made up mostly of locally based players. First of all, I'm trying to think of any team that qualified for this years WC that was made up of mostly locally based players (particularly the ones who did make it out of the group stages). With the possible exception of countries like England and France, where pro league football is just about equivalent (as far as quality) to International standard football, I can't think of any.

I think we do have alot of talent and our own style of playing is good, but, if we are to have a team (in 2010) that is mostly locally based we do have to sharpen it & hone it so that our pro league is up to their standards.

Also, we have to consider that their pro leagues accept people from other countries National Senior Mens teams ... I have yet to hear of our pro league doing that. If our future Senior Mens team is to be mostly locally based in 2010, our club pro league is going to have to look attractive to players from other countries around the world, because the only way we are going to be able to hold our heads high in this way is if our locally based players are accustomed to playing both alongside and against not only other national teams but other internationally reknowned players and their respective clubs.

There is alot of work cut out for our people in charge there, if we are to achieve that. For all of those reasons, I personally think that it will come with time, but I'm not so sure that it will be in time for the next WC. Also I think that until such time as our pro league club level has reached that level, we really should be taking advantage of our internationally based players, in cases like this, as they can bring us the level of experience necessary at the time.

*These are just my thoughts on the subject*
Luv Kat

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2006, 09:48:18 PM »
I think GyurlTrini's points are well made.

I eh so sure about any of our future National teams being comprised of mainly local based players IF those teams are participating in international tournaments.

Our BEST local based players...especially the younger one's by definition will be offered contracts overseas to play and the vast majority of them will seize that opportunity...as they should.

If we're using mainly local based teams in the future...it's either because:

1 - Our BEST PLAYERS are unavailable due to club commitments e.g. this Japan match

2 - Our players stop attracting foreign attention

With all due respect to the PFL as it currently stands....it is not CURRENTLY the platform that will enable our players and by translation, our team, to be competitive in world football.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2006, 07:22:06 AM »
will Van Deinsen take a Van Helsing approach to t & t football?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2006, 10:55:11 AM »
Did we ever had a Dutch coach in the past ?

Jan Zwartkruis
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2006, 01:50:34 PM »
could you imagine a player of high pedigree coming to the Pro League and have to take orders from a coach who have no type of license and using the same methods, dat Peebles and Bam Bam had when they played in Primary School.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2006, 05:47:41 PM »
could you imagine a player of high pedigree coming to the Pro League and have to take orders from a coach who have no type of license and using the same methods, dat Peebles and Bam Bam had when they played in Primary School.
[/quote

Interesting.... thats why we need to give local coaches who took the time and effort to get their certificates and licenses their props instead of constantly criticizing them, most notably Anton Corneal.

1]; } ?>