April 25, 2024, 09:35:50 AM

Author Topic: U-16s get five past US outfit.  (Read 6218 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
U-16s get five past US outfit.
« on: August 04, 2006, 04:20:51 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 16 footballers turned in their first winning performance ahead of the Caribbean Football Union Youth Cup when they trounced a visiting South East USA combined Under 16 High School team 5-1 at UWI Grounds on Thursday.
The game gave head coach Anton Corneal the first chance to see his boys in action since he cut the squad to 28 on the weekend and he will have another look when the both teams clash again on Saturday. The squad is expected to be cut to 22 players on Monday.
Striker Daniel Joseph was the pick of the T&T players as he bagged a pair in the first half while Franz Husbands got goals on either side of the half and Stephan Knox netted one as Corneal rotated the squad on a hot evening at St Augustine.
Corneal was not in any mood to get carried away with the result against a well organized US outfit.
“It was a decent performance but we will not look beyond that. It was a nice chance too for the guys to get into competitive action and we were able to switch players around and in the long run they adjusted well. We had today (Friday) off and after we play on Saturday we will then cut the squad before going into camp on Monday,” Corneal told TTFF Media. T&T will open the tournament against Aruba on August 14 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-16s get five past US outfit.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 05:30:43 PM »
Great job boys ,doh get overconfident, and keep training and fitness up :applause:

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 05:54:17 PM »
Keep pluggin away guys !!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 06:11:11 PM »
Not a bad statement against semi-decent opposition.  It would be nice to see more yoputh teams from the US, Canada, Mexico, etc. tour TnT.  We need a regular dosage of that kind of opposition.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 06:15:43 PM »
well done congrats to the youngsters, hope they could get a few more games in b4 the tourney even though the window short.
is it really 1 team out of 22 advancing to face usa mex JA etc?

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 07:52:08 PM »
TT Under 16 vs US Select Team - Game 2 Saturday August 5th, 2006.
UWI Ground, St Augustine

Yow peeps,
Jus a quick note about the U-16’s today….
I dropped in for a while to watch their training games at UWI, they were playing 4 twenty five minutes quarters.
I only took in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, the score was 4-0 when I left, we were on top.
To be honest, the US team were not much of a test for the guys. They were bigger and stronger, but our players had them running in circles under the blistering 12 noon sun. Even under a tree I was sweating plenty.
A general summary of the game:
Keepers look comfortable, the a lill weak in goal kicks. The uS keeper was much stronger. But they were not really tested too much to guage.
The defense, not really tested too much either, when they were call into action, they look real professional, and were always looking to distribute the ball with some quality.
The midfield worked a lot! Under them hot conditions, it was non stop running from men who all playing for pick. A couple players real stand out, including a white boy, who was finding holes and chooking some nice passes, also some cross field passes, and he could shoot good with both feet, he stand out above everyone else. There were no jersey numbers nor names, just white tees, so iaint really know who was who. The only thing is that our crossing from the wings was a lill weak, we hadda work on that for sure.
Forwards – look ok, I hear people talking about Husbands, he score one goal when I was there, he look sharp.
But in general, the US team didn’t really provide that much opposition, they just very strong and can defend.
But the fellas looking decent man, the main thing that ketch me was everyone keen to want to play the passing game, no voom ball and run behind it….The midfield looking good.
Don’t know how the final score end up though….
My guess would be a 6-0

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 08:09:19 PM »
[/size]

trounced a visiting South East USA combined Under 16 High School team 5-1 at UWI Grounds on Thursday.

Hope they can get this same result when it really matters.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 01:02:00 PM »
Striker Daniel Joseph was the pick of the T&T players as he bagged a pair in the first half while Franz Husbands got goals on either side of the half and Stephan Knox netted one as Corneal rotated the squad on a hot evening at St Augustine.

That Franz Husbands is Rocket son?  From St. Anns and Supersatr Rangers

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 02:07:01 PM »
good news.we must play alot of these games too,let de boys get all de exposure possible.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline egordon

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 07:13:02 PM »
just by the way,i scored one of those five goals,and my name is ethan gordon.Franz husbands only scored one goal and you(writer of this article) claimed he scored two.I was one of the 28 players shortlisted for the u-16 side.I am on the national b side now.All im saying mr shaun(writer) is to give me the credit i worked for and deserve by putting in my name as a goal scorer.This has happen to me to much times and it must come to a stop.

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2006, 07:27:28 PM »
D "white boy" would be Sean De Silva from CIC and Rangers.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 07:37:06 PM »
just by the way,i scored one of those five goals,and my name is ethan gordon.Franz husbands only scored one goal and you(writer of this article) claimed he scored two.I was one of the 28 players shortlisted for the u-16 side.I am on the national b side now.All im saying mr shaun(writer) is to give me the credit i worked for and deserve by putting in my name as a goal scorer.This has happen to me to much times and it must come to a stop.
Best wishes for the tournament. I hope you score some more goals. Who else is on the B team?
Live large and prosper!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2006, 08:02:37 PM »

best of luck !!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 08:05:53 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2006, 01:40:53 AM »

Congrats yute
Warrior For Life !!

1]; } ?>