April 19, 2024, 08:58:03 AM

Author Topic: Burns wins Hampton’s 100-metre dash in 10.02 !!!!  (Read 6763 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Burns wins Hampton’s 100-metre dash in 10.02 !!!!
« on: August 07, 2006, 07:50:17 AM »
Burns wins Hampton’s 100-metre dash.
By: Jabari Fraser.

Marc Burns representing Rebirth won the Men’s Open & Invitational 100m on Saturday night at the 32nd International Hampton Games at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

In front of a small crowd of approximately 300, Burns fought off stiff competition from Jamaica’s Christopher Williams to stop the clock in 10.02. Lining up at 8:55, six starters faced the gun under the stadium’s floodlights. After an even and quick start, Burns, Williams and T&T’s Jacey Harper separated themselves from the three other competitors. After the initial separation, the race was between Burns and Williams for second place. At just about the 80m mark, Burns was able to draw from his reserves and hold off the challenge from Williams who had a strong finish. Harper was far behind in third in a time of 10.22.

The women’s 100m preceded the race for men and Vonette Dixon, born in Jamaica but representing the USA had no problem winning the race. The 2002 Commonwealth 100m hurdles silver medallist ran 11.55, with Tremedia Brice of the USA crossing the line second in 11.79. Jurnelle Francis of Concorde was third in 12.09.

The men’s 400m was easily won by Damion Barry. After an even start, Barry showed his superiority over the athletes, powering down the back straight to the 200m mark. Running on the inside lane three, Barry ran the penultimate corner hard where he took a slim lead. The Tigers athlete stretched his lead coming into the last corner where he showed his power and late speed to get a significant lead on the second-placed David Warner of Rebirth. Barry cruised to the finish line in 47.29, his nearest rival crossing the line in 49.39.

Men's 100m Int'l

Marc Burns (Rebirth) – 10.02

Chris Williams (Jamaica) – 10.06

Jacey Harper (Rebirth) – 10.22

Men's 100m

Ansel Price (Unattached) – 10.77

Keith Roberts (Royal Youth) – 10.82

Shawn Stuart (Genesis) – 10.98

Women's 100m

Vonette Dixon (USA) – 11.55

Tremedia Brice (USA) – 11.79

Jurnelle Francis (Concorde) – 12.09

Boy's 100m Under 20

Richard Richardson (Panthers) – 10.84

Ryan Reid (Royal Youth) – 11.28

Lionel Perreira (Royal Youth) – 11.35

Men's 400m

Damion Barry (Tigers) – 47.29

David Warner (Rebirth) – 49.39

Akini Pierre (Phoenix) – 50.30

Women's 400m

Lucretia Sibley (USA) – 53.33

Karla Hope (Concorde) – 55.57

Alisha Fortune (Guyana) – 57.92

Men's 800m

Moise Joseph (Haiti) – 1:47.97

Jerome Pilgrim (Guyana) – 1:54.54

John Warren (Concorde) – 1:56.89

Women's 1500m

Janil Williams (Antigua) – 4:41.00

Kenrica Francis (Antigua) – 4:49.16

Samantha Shukla (Success) – 5:01.12

Men's 5000m

Jules La Rode (P/Seco) – 16:03.65

Elvis Turner (Falcons) – 16:32.62

Kenrick Williams (Genesis) – 16:54.21

Women's Javelin throw

Amanda Edwards (Antigua) – 41.06 m

Venice Fredericks (Success) – 39.48

Nikita Dunbar (PFCCJ) – (28.79)

Men's Shot Put

Quincy Wilson (H/Olympians) – 11.60m

James Eastman (M/Jets) – 10.40

Mick Joseph (Dazzlers) – 8.34

Women's Discus

Jodie Sutherland (Burnley) – 37.66

Akeela Bravo (Burnley) – 33.90

Men's Long Jump

John Moffit (USA) – 8.11m

Le Juan Simon (T&T) – 7.83

Chris Hercules (T&T) – 7.42
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 10:07:41 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Burns wins Hampton’s 100-metre dash in 10.02 !!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 07:51:14 AM »
Was this hand timed i am wondering or  could be a next magic carpet race :o
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 08:41:46 AM »
Cant be hand timed as it goes to 1/100th of a second.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 09:58:40 AM »
our stadium has a fast track maybe ;D had he run a 9.90 yuh would ah hear ting
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 10:05:43 AM by triniman »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 12:32:34 PM »
Ah just weondering how credible that time is.  Will he get even near that time for the rest of the season.  Ato, where yuh?  Come give we yuh two cents.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 01:32:05 PM »
congrats to him... buh he still need to break the 10.0 mark and he still need to be doin this kinda upset against the big names aswell...

again though congrats to the man... he works hard.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 04:21:48 PM »
Ah just weondering how credible that time is.  Will he get even near that time for the rest of the season.  Ato, where yuh?  Come give we yuh two cents.

me he catching he tail to break 10.10 and all of ah sudden he blaze the HCF track. but i think out track is fast

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 07:50:25 PM »
This track is that fast, based on CAC juniors a couple weeks ago.  New track.  It's legit.  Not just that, but the difference between his 10.10 or 10.20 lately and this is in the start - it's the first time he started for the whole damn year.  Good job by him.

But as you said, he has to go back out there (EUROPE) and run like the alpha male he ran like here.  He ran that race like it was his track.  Good sprinters do that no matter where they are.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 10:24:07 AM »
This track is that fast, based on CAC juniors a couple weeks ago.  New track.  It's legit.  Not just that, but the difference between his 10.10 or 10.20 lately and this is in the start - it's the first time he started for the whole damn year.  Good job by him.

But as you said, he has to go back out there (EUROPE) and run like the alpha male he ran like here.  He ran that race like it was his track.  Good sprinters do that no matter where they are.

That make sense Ato i think he is a big occasion sprinter but I've always maintained his start is piss poor and that gives him alot of work to do in most of the races he runs you think thats a problem because he is so tall....what do you think is the strength of his race?

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 07:23:02 AM »
He tall like......ASAFA.....u ever see Asafa start?  Nothing ent wrong with being tall, its a mentality when u get to the line...I always tell him he goes passive, but he went very active at Hampton.

The false start out of the Athens 100m affected him and in many ways he never recovered.  You can't worry about the last race, or any prior race, as a sprinter.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2006, 11:25:08 AM »
He tall like......ASAFA.....u ever see Asafa start?  Nothing ent wrong with being tall, its a mentality when u get to the line...I always tell him he goes passive, but he went very active at Hampton.

The false start out of the Athens 100m affected him and in many ways he never recovered.  You can't worry about the last race, or any prior race, as a sprinter.

I want to deviate a bit with this question If I may ...So ATO do you think that changing Brown's style in the past has hurt him ? i remember when the best part of his race was the acceleration towards the finish ..He always came from behind but had an unstoppable end. Then i think they tried to work on his early part of the race but he didn't get the desired result as he seemed to not have that acceleration again....
now i dont know what his particular style is ??
i rremeber you experimenting with this sort of thing trying to get a stronger end because you always started well ...maybe you can clear this up a bit for me ...an experts view ..I dont care if some may call it criticism !

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2006, 04:02:10 AM »
All should be able to start and finish well.  Marc fundamentally is poor at the start so its not so much that he is coming on at the end its that he is decelerating less at that stage. Optical illusion. Carl Lewis did it a lot. Just as in a car, if u are ahead and on the brakes harder than I am it will look like i am catching you fast.

Burns holds his top end speed maybe better than any other Trini sprinter ever, but is rarely in a position from the blocks to make a dent.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2006, 05:03:18 PM »
All should be able to start and finish well.  Marc fundamentally is poor at the start so its not so much that he is coming on at the end its that he is decelerating less at that stage. Optical illusion. Carl Lewis did it a lot. Just as in a car, if u are ahead and on the brakes harder than I am it will look like i am catching you fast.

Burns holds his top end speed maybe better than any other Trini sprinter ever, but is rarely in a position from the blocks to make a dent.

Ato what is the latest on dem fellas move to a new coach ?.. I cant find any news on it at all anywhere....perhaps it's on the downlow but I still wanna know ...feel free to enlighten us......Darryl concerns me he seems to be in a slump and i feel its mor emental than anything else and to me (well a soccer players prospective) that can be even more difficult to get out of than a physical slump in form.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2006, 08:36:46 PM »
It should be out who soon.
BORN TO DO IT

1]; } ?>