April 20, 2024, 05:50:32 AM

Author Topic: Jesse Fullerton gunning for big guns.  (Read 6902 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Jesse Fullerton gunning for big guns.
« on: August 15, 2006, 04:29:34 PM »
T&T U16s not sure eight is enough.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Fresh from an opening 8-1 victory over Aruba in the Caribbean Football Union Under 16 Cup at the Larry Gomes Stadium on Monday, Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 16 footballers are pacing themselves and are already trying to compare their game with the big guns around in the tournament.
Head coach Anton Corneal said he was somewhat satisfied with the performance but captain Jesse Fullerton wasn’t talking the same way as he stressed that his team is preparing for total football against the likes of Mexico, Guatemala, Panama and Caribbean rivals Jamaica and Cuba.
“It’s a good start but the tournament is two weeks long and we have to put things into perspective,” Corneal told TTFF Media. We continued to put pressure on them but it was difficult to see defensively where we were because they didn’t really make that transition from defense to forward too well. We won the ball early and we scored eight goals which was a good start and we created a lot. We have to hope that we remain healthy and take from here and only build on it.”
“We need to look at the bigger picture which is the CONCACAF level and the World Cup level. We also don’t want any complacency and we need to give the game it’s due respect and the only way to do that is to play from the start to the end. We will go into the game hoping to improve on things,” Corneal added.
Fullerton meantime said fitness was a key to his team’s strong second half showing and they are well aware that the same will be required against the bigger teams, not that they are estimating Wednesday’s opponent’s Grenada and Guyana which now has local coach Jamaal Shabazz as technical adviser.
“We were nervous a bit in the first half especially me because I felt my legs were feeling heavy but Anton Corneal spoke to us we settled down and we played our game. We also worked hard on our fitness and we showed that by finishing the game well. Our trainer stresses on that and he (Gilbert Bateau) is maybe even fitter than us. We are on the Caribbean level but we are trying to set ourselves for the next level. We might get two shots only against teams like Mexico and we need to make them count,” Fullerton added.
And with Shabazz being offered the post as technical director and head coach of the Guyana senior team, he will be keen to face T&T later this week. Shabazz, had been working two days per month with the Guyana FA since last August and has helped prepared their Under 16 team for this tournament.
“It’s a great opportunity to share the knowledge that I gained in football and Trinidad and Tobago. Following the permission of the TTFF I started assisting Guyana since last year and now with the new offer for the head coach I will have further discussions with the TTFF before I make my decision at month end. But it’s a big chance that I am really considering. I think I have given what I can to the women’s football here and hopefully I can now assist them in Guyana. Time will tell,” Shabazz told TTFF Media.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 04:54:06 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: Jesse Fullerton gunning for big guns.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 04:45:06 PM »
All the best to the youths in the other games...

“It’s a great opportunity to share the knowledge that I gained in football and Trinidad and Tobago. Following the permission of the TTFF I started assisting Guyana since last year and now with the new offer for the head coach I will have further discussions with the TTFF before I make my decision at month end. But it’s a big chance that I am really considering. I think I have given what I can to the women’s football here and hopefully I can now assist them in Guyana. Time will tell,” Shabazz told TTFF Media.

Is Shabbazz going to relinquish his caledonia post as well?

Big Up!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 04:53:43 PM by Tallman »
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 06:27:44 PM »
WOW. Nice to see that our local coaches are being recognised within the region. Nice step up for the man. Good move, more experience. Can any one say next TnT coach "Jamal Shabaz Warner"  :whistling:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 06:58:42 PM »
Ah guessin Guyana eh go have to play any games in de US.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shabazz- Guyana Senior Team Coach
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 08:49:38 PM »
Shaabaz I have just read has been asked to be the coach of Guyana's Senior Team and has been coaching the Guyana under 16 since August last year. Now I am not making any judgment call, I am just curious as to the Forumities take on this- solely for edification

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shabazz- Guyana Senior Team Coach
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 08:52:23 PM »
Shaabaz I have just read has been asked to be the coach of Guyana's Senior Team and has been coaching the Guyana under 16 since August last year. Now I am not making any judgment call, I am just curious as to the Forumities take on this- solely for edification

I wish him all the best,I know he was a good goalkeeper in his day..................

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 08:53:25 PM »
Warner son.
Nobady else would a get the blessings from Jack to take that post. And be allowed to coach the u16 team for all this time and nobody ent kick up against it.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 09:59:31 PM »
Warner son.
Nobady else would a get the blessings from Jack to take that post. And be allowed to coach the u16 team for all this time and nobody ent kick up against it.

are you refering to Shabbazz here?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 11:06:12 PM »
Warner son.

:whistling: :whistling:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006, 03:36:38 AM »
I'm surprised they didn't go after someone like Gally or the Guyanese who coached NE Stars.

Guyana had a Colombian (?) and a Guyanese American in previous years who both quit due to a lack of money to support their programs.

The first thing Shabazz will have to do is look at the multitude of eligible Guyanese in America and the UK.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 03:47:23 AM »
I'm surprised they didn't go after someone like Gally or the Guyanese who coached NE Stars.

Guyana had a Colombian (?) and a Guyanese American in previous years who both quit due to a lack of money to support their programs.

The first thing Shabazz will have to do is look at the multitude of eligible Guyanese in America and the UK.

Peace,
VB
Not Many Eligible Guyanese, Its like the don't play football or not good enough.......
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 03:54:43 AM by Carib-briton(aka Futbol) »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 04:24:11 AM »
Not necessarilly,

perhaps you just don't know of any.

Canada had two really good Guyanese in the 80s and 90s Bunburry and Hooper.

Both played in Europe.

I'm sure there are many more. but do you think they would want to have played for Guyana in the 80s and 90s?

Just becz you and I don't know of any other names doesn't mean that there aren't any elgilbe ones out  there.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 04:27:01 AM »
Not necessarilly,

perhaps you just don't know of any.

Canada had two really good Guyanese in the 80s and 90s Bunburry and Hooper.

Both played in Europe.

I'm sure there are many more. but do you think they would want to have played for Guyana in the 80s and 90s?

Just becz you and I don't know of any other names doesn't mean that there aren't any elgilbe ones out  there.

VB
I know about those guys & I WASNT talking about CANADA I was talking about the UK
Like I said not many Its like they don't play football out here.
Im sure theres Eligible players in Canada & US as those are currently and have been for the past 15 years the chief migration points (other than Caribbean Islands)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 04:31:03 AM by Carib-briton(aka Futbol) »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 05:16:57 AM »
Warner son.

i used to feel the same way about Shabbazz... until i met him and spoke to him.

hes a good guy at heart and he means all the best for T&T football... hes key in developing the womens team and he knows every single female player in the WHOOOLLLLEEE ah Trinidad every single last one in de back of a hole in the wall... he's committed.

theres alot of things he does or says that i agree with but theres also alot of good he does... its easy to watch any llittle someone and immediately attack them and justify it... but remember that just frequently reflects what you need to bring people down to feel better about in yourself... 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 05:18:45 AM by Jefferz »
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2006, 06:07:18 AM »
Have a couple Decent Guyaneese in de Pro League.
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2006, 06:45:00 AM »
Have a couple Decent Guyaneese in de Pro League.

yeah...........ne stars hav some..............pollard,  mkinnon...............starworld....randolph jerome

docs khewallas bring down real guyanese back in d day............pollard , jerome, scott, herculies..........all ah dem.........dey jus fall into other teams now.........

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2006, 07:54:11 AM »
Maybe VB could finally make Guyana team now...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2006, 03:19:56 PM »
Warner son.

i used to feel the same way about Shabbazz... until i met him and spoke to him.

hes a good guy at heart and he means all the best for T&T football... hes key in developing the womens team and he knows every single female player in the WHOOOLLLLEEE ah Trinidad every single last one in de back of a hole in the wall... he's committed.

theres alot of things he does or says that i agree with but theres also alot of good he does... its easy to watch any llittle someone and immediately attack them and justify it... but remember that just frequently reflects what you need to bring people down to feel better about in yourself... 

All that don't chjange the fact that he is Jack Warner son. How much bail out and big posts he get because of Jack ??
I ent say the man ent commited. He is verry commited....Just ask Abu.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 05:39:22 AM »
Two things i would like to comment on.

First is the young goal keeper who is looking ahead to the bigger teams and the second is the fact that shabaaz's work is being recognised.

Sometimes our young teams get carried away with beating these smaller teams and it is nice to know that he is willling to admit that we might only get in one or two shots against mexico and we have to make them count!!

I also like the fact that Jamal is getting the opportunity to coach at a higher level.  he a very tactically sound coach and is always thinking about the game.  I wish him well and i hope that he helps develops guyana's football.

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 09:03:35 AM »
Happy for Shabazz, he's a good coach, and would do well with the Guyanese. He almost single-handedly built the T&T women's program, I wish him well.

The problem with Guyanas' football is not talent - it's that no significant $$$ is being put into their national program. Apart from the Kashif & Shanghai Tournament at the end of the year, Guyana does not have a progressively administered domestic program.

Although, I haven't heard much about it in the last 2 weeks - a Guyanese businessman recently proposed a touring Guyanese professional team, that would have included those Guyanese playing in the PFL. His idea was to take the team all over the Caribbean, North America & Europe making $$$ transferring players, game fees etc. This team would be in training full time, with players receiving "more than adequate" compensation.

Remember Kerry Packer?  :beermug:

1]; } ?>