March 28, 2024, 06:38:07 AM

Author Topic: English Premier League (EPL) Thread  (Read 256435 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: English Premier League (EPL) thread
« Reply #210 on: August 29, 2006, 08:36:57 AM »
I'd just like to ask a question of all the Chelsea fans on here.

WERE YOU WATCHING YESTERDAY  ;D

Middlesbrough 0 - Portsmouth 4  :rotfl:

impressive performance... too bad you'll fall swiftly back down to earth at stamford bridge..

if you're a real fan, why didnt you make the long monday night trip to go to the game like john portsmouth football club wilson?? (thats his name right?)

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 29, 2006, 09:06:02 AM »
I'd just like to ask a question of all the Chelsea fans on here.

WERE YOU WATCHING YESTERDAY  ;D

Middlesbrough 0 - Portsmouth 4  :rotfl:

impressive performance... too bad you'll fall swiftly back down to earth at stamford bridge..

if you're a real fan, why didnt you make the long monday night trip to go to the game like john portsmouth football club wilson?? (thats his name right?)

I'm in the process of moving house (Emigrating actually), so I didn't even get the chance to watch it on TV as we have cancelled our Sky subscirption :'(

mind you, 600 mile round trip or 12 hours on a train, on a Monday night, no thanks. There's being a fan and theres being mad, John PFC Westwood falls into the latter ;D

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 29, 2006, 09:11:14 AM »
I chant england 4 Life and I aint no racist, Patriotic yes, but not racist. You surprise me, you are quenching Small Mag's passion and you are the most passionate poster on this forum :peace:

Pompey: My experience is defo different to urs also my apologises if I've got the wrong end of the stick, my experince what I said would seem so anyway. You would be english for life if you moved the planet G-Zebo when u were 10 anyway,lol (Another reason I think the chant is silly)
I would give the crowd to most passionate support to Small Mag's, sometimes too over passionate,lol.
Moving On

I missed the Highlights but saw them yesterday before I went Carnival
Giggs Is Playing Like It's 1992, Andy Johnson's Finish was nice, Darren Bent Has got a good start hopefully he stays in the England squad, Defoe is doing jack doodoo hopefully that changes, I can't diss crouch no more which isnt fun (lol) and from last night's game its obviously Harry Redknapp's team is on drugs, just kidding  ;)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 09:22:41 AM by Carib-briton(aka Futbol) »

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 29, 2006, 12:46:24 PM »

I missed the Highlights but saw them yesterday before I went Carnival
Giggs Is Playing Like It's 1992, Andy Johnson's Finish was nice, Darren Bent Has got a good start hopefully he stays in the England squad, Defoe is doing jack doodoo hopefully that changes, I can't diss crouch no more which isnt fun (lol) and from last night's game its obviously Harry Redknapp's team is on drugs, just kidding  ;)

I'm sure there will be a drugs bust at our training ground the way we're playing :o

Spuds have just signed Mido so Defoe is further down the pecking order, about time he joined his old boss I think ;)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 29, 2006, 03:44:25 PM »
Sol still has gas left in the tank, and getting him away from his boyfriends in london have done him good. Not a bad backline at portsmouth. Good start for them but i cant say i like em. Harry abadoning Southampton after doing the same to portsmouth, how can you root for a guy like that? plus kenwyne is a saint, so we have to hope their rivals dont do well. But im happy for you pompey  ;D
Hart for president

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mido coming back to spurs
« Reply #215 on: August 29, 2006, 05:00:49 PM »
Mido returns to Spurs

Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a deal to bring Mido back to the club on a permanent deal from Roma.

MatthewLewis/GettyImages
Mido: Already had loan spell

The 23-year-old striker was at White Hart Lane last season on loan and scored 11 goals before returning to the Italian club.

Spurs boss Martin Jol had been attempting to bring the Egypt international back after his departure, and has now has Mido back to bolster an attacking line-up at White Hart Lane including Dimitar Berbatov, Jermain Defoe and Robbie Keane.

Jol said: 'We've been tracking Mido since his loan ended and we were always keen to bring him back.

'Roma took some persuading and I'm delighted to have him in the squad.

'He knows I like him as a player, his strength in the air and his mentality. It's an excellent addition to the squad and our striking options are now complete.'

The striker told official website: 'I'm very happy to be back.

'It was, and it always will be a great honour for me to play for Tottenham.

'I always knew in my heart I would be coming back. It is a fantastic move for me, I have some good friends here and it will be good to be back with the lads. I saw them training today and I'm looking forward to working with Martin and Chris (Hughton) again.

'I can't wait to pull on a Tottenham shirt, to play at the Lane and score some goals.'

original article on soccernet

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 29, 2006, 07:49:47 PM »
Please don't bring Ronaldhino to England, dey go break him in two.

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 30, 2006, 05:22:54 AM »
Please don't bring Ronaldhino to England, dey go break him in two.
....dat why he play so bad in the wc..

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 30, 2006, 04:24:32 PM »
Breaking News.....United Loan Rossi to Magpies....  (Jub yuh must be hapy  yuh get a boss  dere ;))          i wonder if we making room for   say...Tevez? lol    hopefully

Newcastle United have agreed a shock loan swoop for Manchester United's young striker Giuseppe Rossi.

The Italian youth international is highly-rated at Old Trafford and had been expected to make an impact on the United first team during the coming campaign after the sale of Ruud van Nistelrooy to Real Madrid.

Indeed Ferguson refused to allow the New Jersey-born Rossi to move to West Brom as part of the deal that saw Tomasz Kuszczak join The Red Devils.

However Glenn Roeder's Magpies have now managed to convince Ferguson that Rossi's interests will be best served at St James' Park in a loan move until January.

skysports.com

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #219 on: August 30, 2006, 08:58:33 PM »
Breaking News.....United Loan Rossi to Magpies....  (Jub yuh must be hapy  yuh get a boss  dere ;))          i wonder if we making room for   say...Tevez? lol    hopefully

Newcastle United have agreed a shock loan swoop for Manchester United's young striker Giuseppe Rossi.

The Italian youth international is highly-rated at Old Trafford and had been expected to make an impact on the United first team during the coming campaign after the sale of Ruud van Nistelrooy to Real Madrid.

Indeed Ferguson refused to allow the New Jersey-born Rossi to move to West Brom as part of the deal that saw Tomasz Kuszczak join The Red Devils.

However Glenn Roeder's Magpies have now managed to convince Ferguson that Rossi's interests will be best served at St James' Park in a loan move until January.

skysports.com
ah woulda like to see we get Woodgate instead
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 30, 2006, 09:15:57 PM »
Woodgate & £6m Huth sign for Boro  
www.bbc.co.uk

Middlesbrough have completed the double signing of defenders Jonathan Woodgate and Robert Huth.
Real Madrid and England centre-half Woodgate, 26, has moved to the Riverside on a season's loan with the option of making the deal permanent.

German international Huth, 22, has signed a five-year contract after completing a £6m switch from Chelsea.

Boro boss Gareth Southgate told the club website: "This is a significant coup and a big boost."

He added: "Both players have a point to prove - and the great thing is that they want to do that with Middlesbrough. I'm absolutely delighted."

Woodgate, capped five times by England, was also a target for Newcastle as well as Bolton.

But the lure of getting his career back on track playing for his hometown club proved too strong.

The former Leeds and Newcastle defender has been plagued by injuries since moving to Spain in a £13.4m move in August 2004 and has only played 14 games for Real Madrid.

Southgate has been tracking Huth for most of the close season but the towering defender's move fell through because of an ankle injury picked up while on World Cup duty.

Huth failed a medical in July but Southgate maintained his interest and promised to monitor the situation.

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 31, 2006, 06:51:28 AM »

skysports.com

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  :'( Thank you lord.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #222 on: September 09, 2006, 09:15:58 AM »
not much goals so far today
just 7 so far

Arsenal losing 1-0..if that stays..they going to be bottom of the league  ;D
btw..Woodgate loking lke the boss player he was in the old days..Henry can't make a note
ah think Drogba is the new Andy Cole..scoring 1 in 20 chances lol
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 09:21:18 AM by Feliziano »
Feliz

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 09, 2006, 10:35:44 AM »
Final scores

Chelsea 2 - 1 Charlton - Drogba, Carvalho & Hasselbank [ Lampard hadda pen saved ]
Arsenal 1 - 1  Boro - Morisson, Henry - Pen
Newcastle 1 - 2 Fulham  >:( Parker, Mcbride, Bocanegra [as soon as parker go off newcastle big mess ]
Bolton 1 - 0 Watford , Speed - Pen - las minute
Liverpool 0 - Everton 3 - Cahill, Johnson x 2
Sheffield Utd 0 - 0 Blackburn rovers [ nt sure but ah think ther was 3 pens savd in this match]
Portsmouth 1 - 0 Wigan , Mwaruwari [ bullard injured ]

nd rite now..
Man U 1 - Tottenham 0 , Giggs

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 09, 2006, 10:37:54 AM »
just 7 so far

btw..Woodgate loking lke the boss player he was in the old days..Henry can't make a note

Woodgate IS a boss player.  Always has been.  He jes injury prone to put it mildly.

He and Terry together at the heart of England defence would give them 2 TRULY World Class players in the position.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: September 09, 2006, 11:17:34 AM »
Final scores

Chelsea 2 - 1 Charlton - Drogba, Carvalho & Hasselbank [ Lampard hadda pen saved ]
Arsenal 1 - 1  Boro - Morisson, Henry - Pen
Newcastle 1 - 2 Fulham  >:( Parker, Mcbride, Bocanegra [as soon as parker go off newcastle big mess ]
Bolton 1 - 0 Watford , Speed - Pen - las minute
Liverpool 0 - Everton 3 - Cahill, Johnson x 2
Sheffield Utd 0 - 0 Blackburn rovers [ nt sure but ah think ther was 3 pens savd in this match]
Portsmouth 1 - 0 Wigan , Mwaruwari [ bullard injured ]

nd rite now..
Man U 1 - Tottenham 0 , Giggs

Fat Man...   2 pts from 3 games lol.....   hmmmmmmmm    wa going on boy?

Utd 1   Spurs 0 HT

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #226 on: September 09, 2006, 01:12:56 PM »
Palos..the only way ah see Arsenal getting into Europe next year is by the Fair Play route
so tell yuh boy and them to behave themselves this year
ah think Intertoto out ah allyuh reach now too  ;D
Feliz

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 09, 2006, 02:26:08 PM »
just 7 so far

Woodgate IS a boss player. Always has been. He jes injury prone to put it mildly.

He and Terry together at the heart of England defence would give them 2 TRULY World Class players in the position.

De man tackling was superb today.  he had Henry in check.  Ah eh know if Real go want to sell he if he keeps playing this way.  Than again, Capello have he own ideas.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 09, 2006, 06:00:46 PM »
Ternoshaw  i see you very quiet over how ur side geh ass raped over at goodision today....

allyuh and arsenal real overrated dis season.....  4 from 3 for allyuh  and fat man squad coasting 2 from 3  lol 

AH LOVE IT...copyright A.S

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 09, 2006, 07:43:33 PM »
Ternoshaw i see you very quiet over how ur side geh ass raped over at goodision today....

allyuh and arsenal real overrated dis season..... 4 from 3 for allyuh and fat man squad coasting 2 from 3 lol

Boss ah was dumbfounded when ah woke up and checked the score on the computer.  But say what, that is how derbies go.  Plus, dem fellas tired after returning from international duty.  Only Aurelio and Pennant trained at Melwood this week, everyone else was either injured or on international duty.  I think Everton capitalized on a tired team that didn't get the time to prepare for a tough opponent.  We will overcome.  Don't get carried away with yuh swift start.  There is a long way to go. ;)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 10, 2006, 01:34:39 AM »
Ternoshaw i see you very quiet over how ur side geh ass raped over at goodision today....

allyuh and arsenal real overrated dis season..... 4 from 3 for allyuh and fat man squad coasting 2 from 3 lol

Boss ah was dumbfounded when ah woke up and checked the score on the computer.  But say what, that is how derbies go.  Plus, dem fellas tired after returning from international duty.  Only Aurelio and Pennant trained at Melwood this week, everyone else was either injured or on international duty.  I think Everton capitalized on a tired team that didn't get the time to prepare for a tough opponent.  We will overcome.  Don't get carried away with yuh swift start.  There is a long way to go. ;)

how Theo Walcott get de call-up before Andy Johnson is beyond me.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #231 on: September 10, 2006, 11:16:35 AM »
Boss ah was dumbfounded when ah woke up and checked the score on the computer.  But say what, that is how derbies go.  Plus, dem fellas tired after returning from international duty.   Only Aurelio and Pennant trained at Melwood this week, everyone else was either injured or on international duty.  I think Everton capitalized on a tired team that didn't get the time to prepare for a tough opponent.  We will overcome.  Don't get carried away with yuh swift start.  There is a long way to go. ;)

This is such BS.

So is only Liverpool players that play international football last week.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 10, 2006, 03:49:47 PM »
Boss ah was dumbfounded when ah woke up and checked the score on the computer.  But say what, that is how derbies go.  Plus, dem fellas tired after returning from international duty.   Only Aurelio and Pennant trained at Melwood this week, everyone else was either injured or on international duty.  I think Everton capitalized on a tired team that didn't get the time to prepare for a tough opponent.  We will overcome.  Don't get carried away with yuh swift start.  There is a long way to go. ;)

This is such BS.

So is only Liverpool players that play international football last week.

Phil Neville was superb, best player in my opinon, and he was playin for england along with gerrard etc the other day..

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 10, 2006, 03:59:35 PM »

how Theo Walcott get de call-up before Andy Johnson is beyond me.

What are you talking about? Theo Walcott never got called up before Andrew Johnson, Johnson made his debut in the tour of the US in 2005.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 30, 2006, 12:31:31 PM »
Who see Van Persie's 2nd goal today?  Dat is de kinda goal daz mash up stadium yes.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 30, 2006, 03:01:02 PM »
Who see Van Persie's 2nd goal today?  Dat is de kinda goal daz mash up stadium yes.

That was a Goal with a captial G. Wow!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 30, 2006, 05:20:56 PM »
what a goal. that all i cud say.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 30, 2006, 07:07:17 PM »

That was a Goal with a captial G. Wow!

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWicked!!! Dat is all I could say!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
United on Top after 2-0 win
« Reply #238 on: October 01, 2006, 12:18:00 PM »
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's double moved Manchester United to the top of the Premiership table on goal difference.

Sir Alex Ferguson's side were always on top and struck the woodwork four times.

Darren Fletcher hit the post early on, as did Cristiano Ronaldo just before the break, but this time Solskjaer was on hand to sidefoot past Steve Harper.

Solskjaer's second goal had an element of luck about it when Nemanja Vidic's shot richocheted off the Norwegian and past Harper early in the second half.

Ronaldo, who had a superb game, seemed to have a particular affinity with the woodwork, hitting the bar and then the post in the space of six minutes after the second goal.

Throughout the game Manchester United's attacking play was a rich mixture of individual trickery and fluid passing movements, with Ronaldo invariably involved.

Newcastle deployed five men in midfield in a bid to stifle Manchester United, but the tactic had no effect, as the home side laid siege to the visitors' goal.

Newcastle were under pressure from the start, with Harper saving from Vidic and Steven Taylor bravely blocking Rio Ferdinand's shot.

Manchester United finally went ahead just before the interval when a powerful run from Ronaldo from a short corner ended with the Portuguese winger unleashing a shot that hit the base of the post.

The ball rebounded to Solskjaer, who had the simplest of tasks to beat Harper to score for the first time at Old Trafford since April 2003.

Newcastle's tactic of deploying five men in midfield also ensured Shola Ameobi was always isolated in attack.

Just after Solskjaer's first goal James Milner did manage to make inroads into the Manchester United defence, only to undo that good work by overhitting his cross.

As a contest the game was over when Solskjaer scored his second on 49 minutes.

After a Ronaldo corner Newcastle never really cleared their lines allowing Vidic to shot.

It is debatable whether the Serbian defender's shot would have beaten Harper but the Newcastle goalkeeper was left stranded as the ball hit Solskjaer.

Just past the hour the Newcastle manager Glenn Roeder introduced Obafemi Martins to support Ameobi but by then the game had slipped too far beyond the visitors' control.

So poor were Newcastle in attack that Edwin van der Sar did not have to make a serious save until the 75th minute, when he parried an effort from Peter Ramage.

That Manchester United did not score more was down to luck and Harper's goalkeeping.

Steven Taylor was fortunate referee Mike Dean missed his deliberate handball as he tried to block a Fletcher shot in the area, while Harper did well to tip over a Paul Scholes shot.

The only downside for Manchester United in this game was the sight of the injury-plagued Gabriel Heinze limping off to be replaced by Patrice Evra in the first-half.

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Heinze (Evra 31), Fletcher, Carrick, Scholes, Ronaldo, Rooney, Solskjaer.
Subs Not Used: Kuszczak, Brown, Saha, O'Shea.

Booked: Scholes.

Goals: Solskjaer 41, 49.

Newcastle: Harper, Carr, Ramage, Moore, Taylor, Milner (N'Zogbia 45), Butt (Martins 62), Emre (Pattison 69), Parker, Duff, Ameobi.
Subs Not Used: Krul, Luque.

Booked: Parker, Carr, Taylor.

Att: 75,664

Ref: M Dean (Wirral).

United were absolutely brilliant today   .......    newcastle were very very lucky to only concede 2 today

Were Gunnar win the league!....Ole Gunnar!

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 01, 2006, 03:59:53 PM »
yeh we were lucky.  ithink glen made a mistake he didnt play 2 strikers..because when ameobi got the ball it was only for a really small amount of time and he couldnt do anything with it.
man u have played better.. still think chelsea winnin it..

1]; } ?>