May 29, 2024, 10:19:14 AM

Author Topic: Jack stops play to heal injury.  (Read 2564 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack stops play to heal injury.
« on: August 22, 2006, 05:02:18 PM »
Jack stops play to heal injury.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

National Team goalkeeper Kelvin Jack has decided to hang up his gloves for a while for the sake of recovering fully from a reoccurring knee problem.
The former CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh custodian, now on contract with English League One club Gillingham has given up his first team place as he goes into rehabilitation with the medical staff at his English club to sort out a tendonitis problem in his knee. This period could last anywhere between 4-10 weeks but Jack is committed to ensuring that his knee is injury free as he has been plagued by the problem for the past two years.
“It wasn’t so much of a difficult problem to make in the end with regards to having to stop playing because the fact of the matter is that if I want to have an extended playing time then I have to solve the problem,” Jack told TTFF Media on Monday evening.
“I have continued to play with it but as a goalkeeper you need to carefully look at your playing span and sometimes if you really want to, you can go on playing for longer periods than the average player and in that regards, I felt the timing is right to take care of the injury and put an end to it. I have also spoken to national team coach Wim Rijsbergen about it and he supports what I am doing,” Jack added. As a result of this he will miss T&T’s friendly international with Mexico in Port of Spain on September 2.
The former Dundee ‘keeper missed T&T’s opening two World Cup matches with a calf injury before appearing in the final encounter with Paraguay and he has his sights set on representing T&T in other international dates for some time to come.
“Once I am fit and playing well I will like to continue representing the country and what best of way of doing that other than being one hundred percent fit and injury free,” Jack concluded.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 06:59:35 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: Jack stops play to heal injury
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 06:11:23 PM »
Opening for Clayton Ince again.  He seems to be doing well at Walsall.  Three shutouts in four games, if I'm correct.

1]; } ?>