April 29, 2024, 09:52:47 AM

Author Topic: Glovers let Cyd Gray go.  (Read 8425 times)

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Glovers let Cyd Gray go.
« on: August 25, 2006, 12:05:45 PM »
Glovers let Cyd Gray go.
Yeovil Town FC.

Russell Slade has this afternoon confirmed that Trinidad & Tobago World Cup defender Cyd Gray has been unsuccessful in his trial at Huish Park, and has now left the club.
Cyd arrived in Yeovil at the start of the week for a trial, with the prospect of gaining a contract, and joining the squad as either a right back of in the centre of defence.
His quest to impress the manager was however hampered by the fact that there was no reserve team game this week, so he couldn't prove himself in competitive action.
Then later in the week Mark Lynch arrived on loan from Hull City and made an impressive debut down at Southampton in the Carling Cup.
And as Russell explained to www.ytfc.net this afternoon this brought his interest in the former World Cup Star to an end:

"I've let Cyd go," he said.

"He came for the week, and he worked hard, but I was very pleased with the performance of Mark Lynch who made his debut on Wednesday, and I don't feel that we have a problem in that area right now."
Russell went on to discuss the Lynch situation, saying that Hull City are keen to let him come to Huish Park permanently should his loan continue to go well.
But as the Gaffer explained, it also largely depends on the player's point of view:
"It depends on whether the player wants to drop down a division; and whether he wants to come to Yeovil" Russ said
"So far the signs are good, and more importantly, let his football do the talking, let him enjoy his football here, let him perform and perform to a good level, and we'll see what we can do. "I thought that he had a splendid debut.
"I thought he was very very steady, did all the right things and I was delighted that he was involved in the goal that got us one back at the death on Wednesday night."

« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 03:46:43 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Glovers let Cyd Gray go
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 12:07:02 PM »
Keep yuh head up, Cyd.  It go come.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 12:27:15 PM »
sorry to hear that Cyd but jus keep yuh chin up and move forward!
Back in Trini...

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 01:39:43 PM »
Doh give up Gray, yuh have worked very hard tuh get these trials. Member "WHO DE FATHER BLESS, NO MAN CUSS". Keep yuh head up and fight de struggle. BLESS.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 01:42:11 PM »
It'll have other trials and he'll get one for sure

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 02:33:12 PM »
Hard luck there man. As they say timing is everything. The other guy was just lucky he go to play and Cyd diddn't.

Somebody can't organise a reserve game for we boy...he bound to impress.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Glovers let Cyd Gray go.
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 01:44:42 PM »
See? All the negative vibes men bring on this board about how they doh want him to go Yeovil...look where he end up in the end?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 02:12:02 PM »
See? All the negative vibes men bring on this board about how they doh want him to go Yeovil...look where he end up in the end?

for real... :waiting:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 02:19:52 PM »
You've come a long way..so ah done know you eh go let this stop U. You'll get yours soon enough CG.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 02:33:40 PM »

yeah,

is we fault... :o

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2006, 02:56:54 PM »

yeah,

is we fault... :o

VB

Nah, is Stern fault, he should ah get Gray ah trial at Coventry.  ;D
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2006, 04:00:15 PM »
 For all those who said this clubis well organized and the like where are you now? The manager does not know that a player is coming in on loan? He cannot properly determine the needs of the club ahead of time?

Nice to know our players are getting trials at bush league clubs.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Jack Adams

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • the green room - the independent yeovil town forum
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2006, 05:05:39 PM »
For all those who said this clubis well organized and the like where are you now? The manager does not know that a player is coming in on loan? He cannot properly determine the needs of the club ahead of time?

Sorry Marc, could you explain what you mean here?
Thanks.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2006, 07:55:52 PM »

Thanks.

Wey he mean. Wey yuh from? yuh doh know what is ah bush league? or what part yuh doh understand in de statement? Steupssssssss
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 07:59:09 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2006, 05:04:42 AM »

Thanks.

Wey he mean. Wey yuh from? yuh doh know what is ah bush league? or what part yuh doh understand in de statement? Steupssssssss

Supa, are u kinda stupid or u playing the fool? Not everyone understands our slang. Adams has been ah welcome guest here, so dont give our forum a bad name by being unecessarily stupid.

And Marc Purcell.  How was the manager to know that the player who was coming in on loan was going to do a good job? Its only in hindsight that he realises that they would be ok in that position.

That said, i think that they simply just not impressed with him. and they just being politically correct in their statements while letting him go. 

Hard luck Cyd, i hope u find a club soon because i hear that u really want to play abroad!!

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006, 06:47:02 AM »
Cyd boy doh worry....just learn what ever lessons there are to learn from the experience and use it for the next opportunity....

"When one door is closed, another one is opened....."

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006, 07:32:29 AM »

Thanks.

Supa, are u kinda stupid or u playing the fool? Not everyone understands our slang. Adams has been ah welcome guest here, so dont give our forum a bad name by being unecessarily stupid.

And Marc Purcell. How was the manager to know that the player who was coming in on loan was going to do a good job? Its only in hindsight that he realises that they would be ok in that position.

That said, i think that they simply just not impressed with him. and they just being politically correct in their statements while letting him go.

Hard luck Cyd, i hope u find a club soon because i hear that u really want to play abroad!!

ah love it!!

Sorry but I don't like the excuse the manager came up with to play with a man's career. I think it is wrong. It is one thing to say that he didn't look good at the trial. I will accept that but the man was out there busting his ass only to have someone come up and say: "Sorry don't need you here is your ticket back home."
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2006, 07:45:42 AM »

Thanks.

And Marc Purcell. How was the manager to know that the player who was coming in on loan was going to do a good job? Its only in hindsight that he realises that they would be ok in that position.

ah love it!!

Sorry but I don't like the excuse the manager came up with to play with a man's career. I think it is wrong. It is one thing to say that he didn't look good at the trial. I will accept that but the man was out there busting his ass only to have someone come up and say: "Sorry don't need you here is your ticket back home."
marc boy...dat's business...he try hard...he didn't get it.....yuh can't blame de manager....he simply didn't think he was good enough

Cyd boy yuh chance go come in a timing....Keep working hard bredda!

I find it funny how we complaining about how players only getting call up to "bush league clubs", and our boy didn't even make de "bush league club"....steups....

Offline Jack Adams

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2006, 09:18:19 AM »
Understand what you are saying Marc.  And we are all Football fans, and Football fans stick up for their own Team or Country.  But I think you are being slightly harsh on our Manager.  So please allow me to explain what has happened over the last 2 weeks.

Actually we have to start about 4 weeks ago.  Our Right Back, Kevin Amankwaah, instigated a move to Swansea just before the season started.  So we were playing our reserve Right Back, a guy called Andy Lindegaard.

Now our Manager was looking to bring in another first choice Right Back, here's were Cyd first comes into the picture. With our manager mentioning that he was trying to bring Cyd in to have a Trial.

19th August, Yeovil lose against Tramere, thier first defeat of the season.  In that game Andy Lindegaard picks up an injury and will be out for 3/4 weeks.  So the search for a Right Back is now very desperate I'm sure you will agree.

21st August, our manager states about Cyd coming to Yeovil "We've spoken to his agent and he may be coming over this week."  The word there to take note of is may. Not really the answer you are looking for when you are desperate for a player.

22nd August, Yeovil sign Mark Lynch, a Right Back from Hull City in the Championship.  Cyd Gray arrives.

Yeovil had a game on Wednesday which Mark Lynch played.  In that game he showed that he's a more than capable player for us.  So infortunately Cyd now becomes surplus to requirements as we don't need, or can't afford, 2 new Right Backs.

Yeovil are not that rich, so we can't afford to take on everyone who comes for a trial. 

So personally I think Cyd has been unlucky with timing.  If he has turned up at the club and Andy Lindegraad wasn't injured then he probably would have been signed.  Keep in mind that Cyd would need a Work Permit to play for us, so that could have taken a couple weeks to get, which we couldn't wait for.

Hope that explains things a bit better.

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2006, 10:46:51 AM »
My point being is this. Between June 19th and 21st was the manager living in a bubble? Was he kept out of the decision making process to bring a right back to the team?

You will have to forgive my ignorance on the whole loan issue. Are you saying that if Cyd had come to your club say on the 19th he would have a job?

Something is not right about that.

Marc
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto

Offline Jack Adams

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2006, 11:02:02 AM »
No.  I was saying if he joined without Lindegaard being injured he may have been taken on.  Then the time taken for his Work permit to come through wouldn't have mattered too much.  But when we were desperate for a Right Back for a) a Cup game on the 23rd and b) a League game on the 26th then 2 weeks isn't really ideal.  Then another player was found Lynch, who didn't need a Work Permit, and he was able to be signed and playing for the game on the 23rd. 

Oh, and it was the Yeovil Manager who was doing all the phoning around to bring in Cyd, so no he wasn't kept out of the decision making process.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2006, 11:15:26 AM »

No call for that marc.  De bush league comment dat is.  Dat no better than de english manager callin we national team a tin pot outfit.  Dat comment many on dis board and I can but imagine how it sting Jack Adams to have he team referred to in such a manner.

Yeovil might not be EPL...but dey deserve dey respect.  Just like all clubs and national teams do.  Besides....what does that imply about our own PFL if we players think that going on trial to these "bush league teams" is a step or 2 up from what they currently playin in?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2006, 01:09:33 PM »
OK for the sake of ending this discussion I will say the following to the the following:

To Jack Adams:
I understand your feeling on the matter. I just felt that the matter could have been handled differently. Good luck to your team this season.

Palos:
I understand what you are saying about the 'Bush League' comment. However, once again I felt that Cyd was treated kind of unfairly by the club.

Marc
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto

Offline Jack Adams

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2006, 01:17:36 PM »
Agree Marc, we could go round in circles  ;D

As I said previously, there's nothing wrong with what either of us has posted, we are Football fans.  Football fans stick up for their own.

Just so you know, I was disappointed myself that Cyd didn't join us.  We don't get many current Internationals playing for us. (Arron Davies, current Welsh International aside)

Cheers  :cheers:

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2006, 02:00:27 PM »

Thanks.

And Marc Purcell.  How was the manager to know that the player who was coming in on loan was going to do a good job? Its only in hindsight that he realises that they would be ok in that position.

ah love it!!

Ok Andre, ah doh know wey yuh come up wid de question of being stupid. Ah never try yuh like dat, but if yuh want tuh go dat route, I ready fuh it.  Ah doh know if yuh are stupid, are you?. Wid dat said, I'm mature enough tuh apologise tuh Adams, cuz is ah simple case of me thinking he is ah Trini, living in dat part of de world, and asking ah stupid question about the statement made. But ah was wrong, ah guess he is not ah Trini. Like I said Adams, I apologise. Bless.  :beermug:
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline Jack Adams

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2006, 02:14:00 PM »
Everything's good SUPA  ;D Oh, and Andre :)

I do follow most of what everyone says on here, not all though  ??? lol

The message you replied to, I was just clarifing what Marc meant before I replied and completely missed his point.

1]; } ?>