April 19, 2024, 03:08:40 PM

Author Topic: Why is it we do better in Cricket than Football !!  (Read 14949 times)

truetrini

Re: Why is it we do better in Cricket than Football !!
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2011, 04:27:57 PM »
controversial.

you could talk whatever about research or whatever, cricket is seriously played among few countries and will be less in the future.
I WOULD SERIOUSLY LIKE TO ASK ALL THE POSTERS ON THIS MB TO LEAVE YOU ALONE,YOUR IGNORANCE IS BREATHTAKING.YOU MUST KEEP AWAY FROM POSTING THINGS YOU DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT,here is something that may interest you,its a proverb and ah know seh unno Yardies love dem kynna ting,"Where ignorance is bliss its folly to be wise",now go harks yuh bredda dem hexplain fuh unno.
  why you doh hush?

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2011, 04:34:00 PM »
could careless you want leave it dosnt matter, cause you still coming bck to read it. :devil: :devil:. 20/20 is quiky cricket. i dont wrong west indies to drop them quikies. :beermug:
Hard work is the key to success

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2011, 08:17:20 PM »
but cricket is the 2nd largest sport in the world

is this fact? i find that hard to believe.

did you know that they will be making 20/20 cricket in the near future an olympic sport? Thats just one exmaple of cricket expanding beyond the south asian dominated base.

that cricket will be an olympic sport may be an example of its expansion but it doesn't say much for its worldwide appeal/popularity. rhythmic gymnastics is an olympic sport.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2011, 08:25:09 PM »
Oh gworm DWN, rythmic gymnastics, is a wonder yuh did not mention synchronized swimming  ;D
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2011, 08:35:48 PM »
Oh gworm DWN, rythmic gymnastics, is a wonder yuh did not mention synchronized swimming  ;D

I was going to say Curling, but I wasn't sure if Winter Olympics was fair game. ;D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2011, 09:25:29 PM »
I read where basketball is a close 2nd or if not first. All because the Chinese can't keep dey totee in dey pants.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2011, 09:41:43 PM »
but cricket is the 2nd largest sport in the world

is this fact? i find that hard to believe.

did you know that they will be making 20/20 cricket in the near future an olympic sport? Thats just one exmaple of cricket expanding beyond the south asian dominated base.

that cricket will be an olympic sport may be an example of its expansion but it doesn't say much for its worldwide appeal/popularity. rhythmic gymnastics is an olympic sport.
I beleive in my twisted logic ,that Football and Cricket are the Granddaddies of modern sports ,2 brothers actually.
DWN the Olympiad events ,predates  these games by a couple thousand years ,so its unfair to compare them .
ARRP.CR.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 02:07:43 AM by Quags »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2011, 11:00:54 PM »
Cricket for a long time was quintessentially an English man's game. They took it wherever they went and it flourished in colonies where they stayed for long periods. There are exceptions. Australia, Indian subcontinent, the Caribbean, southern and East Africa is where the game excelled. Although it is played in West African, it never caught on like football. Plus Argentina and Brazil have had cricket for a long time but they don't make waves. Then The irony of the home nations. Scotland, NI, Wales and even Ireland never had great teams. Then what about western and eastern euro???

But things are changing, because there is plenty money. And cricket(20/20) is a great game. Ok test cool too. I would like to DC vs NY in World Series cricket. 20/20 that is!!!!! The funny thing it go have a lot of jakans on the teams.!!!!!!!!

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2011, 12:54:59 AM »
Cricket for a long time was quintessentially an English man's game. They took it wherever they went and it flourished in colonies where they stayed for long periods. There are exceptions. Australia, Indian subcontinent, the Caribbean, southern and East Africa is where the game excelled. Although it is played in West African, it never caught on like football. Plus Argentina and Brazil have had cricket for a long time but they don't make waves. Then The irony of the home nations. Scotland, NI, Wales and even Ireland never had great teams. Then what about western and eastern euro???

But things are changing, because there is plenty money. And cricket(20/20) is a great game. Ok test cool too. I would like to DC vs NY in World Series cricket. 20/20 that is!!!!! The funny thing it go have a lot of jakans on the teams.!!!!!!!!
Well the DC or NY will lose  ,to Fl who has more Trinis !  You dont get it do you Trinidad and Tobago is the best 20/20 team in the World Unofficially .No team in the world are better than us .
Just realized that myself oui .

20/20 Champions of 2011 :beermug: :beermug: :wavetowel: Caribbean Champs defeated the English 20 20 champs in the final
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 01:48:32 AM by Quags »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2011, 01:14:50 AM »
Dummy were all about exporting athletes ,and producing more

whats that?...do you mean, you all about exporting athletes?. anyway tell me where trinis athletes are playing where no other caribbean athletes playing?. where the IPL  :-X

jamaica only have one real 20/20 player and thats gayle, other than him, samuels to a lesser extent but they not saying anything in limited overs.

20/20 is the future of cricket and will catch on big in north america.

you right and that dosn't mean cricket is a future sport :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:. cricket will sevive in india and some other aison contries, thats what they good at. but on a international level cricket is a dying sport even in england.
Oh Jerome Taylor got a contract in the IPL didnt he ,a bloody Jamaican .He is the only other WI who got one wasn't he .Gayle didnt get one ,Pollard did Bravo did .And the only reason Jerome got one ,even don injured for years is that he Bad like rass .Best fast bowler in the Caribbean bar none!

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2011, 08:35:28 AM »
From day 1 cricket has been our number 1 sport,not only in TT but all over the Caribbean so its no surprise that our cricketers achieve more than footballers.Over the last six years we have done very well in cricket and its only rain and loss of top players was the reason for us not winning the championships in the 4 day matches,that we will corrected this time round.We have produced one footballer whose name is known the world over but have produced world class cricketers over the years and we are still doing so,do I have to say that we have produced the greatest batsman the world have ever seen....ent allyuh know one BRIAN CHARLES LARA,need I say more.

Growing up as a teenager, cricket was never the #1 sport in Jamaica. Football was always more popular among young people, followed by track. Cricket was only popular with the older folks, which is why its no surprise today that cricket in the West Indoes is not what it used to be. High schooll kids can tell you who the star fotballer or who the star track athlete is, but they cant tell you who the star cricketer is from teir school.

Annual boys and girls champs can pull 35,000 fans on final day, Manning cup final can pull 10,000...a schoolboy criket final game will probably pull 500 spectators.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 08:37:59 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2011, 08:56:11 AM »

Well the DC or NY will lose  ,to Fl who has more Trinis !  You dont get it do you Trinidad and Tobago is the best 20/20 team in the World Unofficially .No team in the world are better than us .

20/20 Champions of 2011 :beermug: :beermug: :wavetowel: Caribbean Champs defeated the English 20 20 champs in the final
From day 1 cricket has been our number 1 sport,not only in TT but all over the Caribbean so its no surprise that our cricketers achieve more than footballers.Over the last six years we have done very well in cricket and its only rain and loss of top players was the reason for us not winning the championships in the 4 day matches,that we will corrected this time round.We have produced one footballer whose name is known the world over but have produced world class cricketers over the years and we are still doing so,do I have to say that we have produced the greatest batsman the world have ever seen....ent allyuh know one BRIAN CHARLES LARA,need I say more.

Growing up as a teenager, cricket was never the #1 sport in Jamaica. Football was always more popular among young people, followed by track. Cricket was only popular with the older folks, which is why its no surprise today that cricket in the West Indoes is not what it used to be. High schooll kids can tell you who the star fotballer or who the star track athlete is, but they cant tell you who the star cricketer is from teir school.

Annual boys and girls champs can pull 35,000 fans on final day, Manning cup final can pull 10,000...a schoolboy criket final game will probably pull 500 spectators.

That why we are the best in the WI hahaha .You guys suck and dont care

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2011, 10:17:08 AM »

just as you don't care, no Jamaican care about 20/20 cricket neither. and yes you are suck at every thing else. a matter a fact. we will see when the real cricket starts( 4 day championships), how many of your quikies can bat for more than 5 overs. "best in west indies", in what? cricket? or 20/20 cricket?.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 10:46:44 AM by jahkingdom »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2011, 11:21:25 AM »
Bring it buster TT would whitewash you boys till you look like vybz kartel .

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2011, 11:43:13 AM »
Where gonna be kick ass in the 4 days.Darren Bravo  :nailbiting: scary great .Barath Dwanye ,Pollard is coming back ,to prove himself even doh a 37 ave is not bad .Oh my god ,to bad it wont have video .

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2011, 11:51:55 AM »
Where gonna be kick ass in the 4 days.Darren Bravo  :nailbiting: scary great .Barath Dwanye ,Pollard is coming back ,to prove himself even doh a 37 ave is not bad .Oh my god ,to bad it wont have video .
Doh bodda breds,ah coming to see dem boys mash dong de place,ah jess cyah wait to see Polly in the test team.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2011, 12:44:22 PM »
Doh bodda breds,ah coming to see dem boys mash dong de place,ah jess cyah wait to see Polly in the test team.
That should be a boss lime ,lots of food friends and rum .Wish I was there .
Who should bowl .
Tadpole ,Narine,Badree,Rampaul,Cooper,Emrit.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:46:40 PM by Quags »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2011, 04:16:38 PM »
Boss lime dat Quags,ah cyah wait fuh some Bake n shark,roti,doubles and pone,in any order.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2011, 05:55:13 PM »
If is one ting...TI real love he Trinidad.  WE always have de talent to beat anyone at anything as far as he concerned.

Yeah he consistent with that right through yuh hadda give him that.

He might be consistently wrong but........ :)

and you does consistently talk tata with no solutions, your almost as negative as palos.

Your "solutions" is consistently tata, so is best you doh talk. Yuh only vex because Palos tired tell yuh de same thing.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2011, 06:50:51 PM »

just as you don't care, no Jamaican care about 20/20 cricket neither. and yes you are suck at every thing else. a matter a fact. we will see when the real cricket starts( 4 day championships), how many of your quikies can bat for more than 5 overs. "best in west indies", in what? cricket? or 20/20 cricket?.

You think so? Let me tell you a little story.

A yardie got up one mourning and decided to renovate his shack. So he took his turbo charged donkey cart and went to town to get a loan from the best Jamaican bank RBTT (T&T owned) . With the loan he bought the best Jamaican cement (T&T owned). After his work was done he had a drink of the Best Jamaican rum Appleton (T&T owned). Looking at his new two room shack with pride he decided to fly to Barbados  on Air Jamaica (T&T owned) to look at the best Caribbean cricket team (T&T owned) win another title. So I guess you are right, we may suck at everything but Jamaica is still T&T owned.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2011, 07:37:20 PM »
If is one ting...TI real love he Trinidad.  WE always have de talent to beat anyone at anything as far as he concerned.

and you does consistently talk tata with no solutions, your almost as negative as palos.

Your "solutions" is consistently tata, so is best you doh talk. Yuh only vex because Palos tired tell yuh de same thing.

palos is an imps when coming to suggesting anything, last time he open he mouth, he get bat up, you on the other hand is a setta empty vessels making one setta noise.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2011, 12:27:12 AM »

A yardie got up one mourning and decided to renovate his shack. So he took his turbo charged donkey cart and went to town to get a loan from the best Jamaican bank RBTT (T&T owned) . With the loan he bought the best Jamaican cement (T&T owned). After his work was done he had a drink of the Best Jamaican rum Appleton (T&T owned). Looking at his new two room shack with pride he decided to fly to Barbados  on Air Jamaica (T&T owned) to look at the best Caribbean cricket team (T&T owned) win another title. So I guess you are right, we may suck at everything but Jamaica is still T&T owned.

controversial

the conversation is about cricket and because you can't fined any thing else to talk about you start talking shit. since you want it get nasty it will. if i were you i would be ashamed, jumping about another man company to make yourself feel good. just so you know, as a Jamaican i am proud of what we have we built without oil. the few companies Jamaica sold you, was because they were debt riddle companies. that amount  not even close to the hundreds of companies in Jamaica and new ones created every year. trinidad have stake in about 8 companies in Jamaica. the funny thing is  Jamaica is shitting on you. when last you check out the debt information on Carib cement? :devil:, did you know that Jamaica has 16 percent stake in Caribbean airlines, still own the air Jamaica brand, while trini buying new planes to service our routs :devil:. at the same time we have two domestic airlines with one going international. did you know that trinidad no longer owns RBTT? :rotfl:

The Royal Bank of Trinidad and Tobago (RBTT) was one of the larger commercial banks of Trinidad and Tobago. As a subsidiary of RBTT Financial Holdings Limited, RBTT was one of the largest commercial banking corporations in the Caribbean region with a group asset base of over US$6.2 billion dollars. The RBTT group of companies operated several commercial banking businesses in other neighbouring islands, as well as various investment holdings in various parts of the Trinidad and Tobago economy. On 26 March 2008, RBTT Shareholders voted 98.18 percent in favour of selling the bank to the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), who previously had divested the bank in 1987. On 16 June 2008, RBC completed the acquisition.

check this out:

trini owns a debt riddle Carib cement company that which they spending billions expanding. is like pushing water up a hill :rotfl:

i don't know how they are going to survive ofter this is constructed: http://www.worldcement.com/sectors/cement/articles/Canadian%20company%20proposes%20new%20plant%20in%20Jamaica.aspx

Jamaica has two domestic private airline companies:

http://www.jamaicaairshuttle.com/

they already planning to buy new planes and expand slowly, just like air Jamaica did.
After several months of operation, the company announced that it would be expanding its scheduled service to Boscobel in Jamaica, Cayman Brac, Port-au-Prince in Haiti and Santiago de Cuba in Cuba. Expansion of the scheduled network was planned to be introduced in the third quarter of 2010

second domestic airline:

http://www.skylanjamaica.com/

Jamaica has to many rum company to worry about Appleton.

it just show you how dunce you is
"we may suck at everything but Jamaica is still T&T owned"

i would advice you to check the amount of company in Jamaica.

A yardie got up one mourning and decided to renovate his shack.

trying to be smart but you smells :rotfl: you watching too much TV, i would advice you to take a trip to jamaica and you see what development look like and sto watching videos of garrison and dancehall music that taking over trinidad :rotfl:. we  not putting few tall building on water front and say we rich. :rotfl:

we don't have oil but we do with what we have

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzYthZMIuw4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portmore

http://www.h2kjamaica.com/html/AboutH2k/ProjectPhotos/ProjectPhotosContd/tabid/126/Default.aspx

you right, i think they will be coming out of one of these shack:

http://www.bonitajamaica.com/?page_id=115

« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 12:40:11 AM by jahkingdom »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2011, 12:40:09 AM »

controversial

the conversation is about cricket and because you can't fined any thing else to talk about you start talking shit. since you want it get nasty it will. if i were you i would be ashamed, jumping about another man company to make yourself feel good. just so you know, as a Jamaican i am proud of what we have we built without oil. the few companies Jamaica sold you, was because they were debt riddle companies. that amount  not even close to the hundreds of companies in Jamaica and new ones created every year. trinidad have stake in about 8 companies in Jamaica. the funny thing is  Jamaica is shitting on you. when last you check out the debt information on Carib cement? :devil:, did you know that Jamaica has 16 percent stake in Caribbean airlines, still own the air Jamaica brand, while trini buying new planes to service our routs :devil:. at the same time we have two domestic airlines with one going international. did you know that trinidad no longer owns RBTT? :rotfl:

The Royal Bank of Trinidad and Tobago (RBTT) was one of the larger commercial banks of Trinidad and Tobago. As a subsidiary of RBTT Financial Holdings Limited, RBTT was one of the largest commercial banking corporations in the Caribbean region with a group asset base of over US$6.2 billion dollars. The RBTT group of companies operated several commercial banking businesses in other neighbouring islands, as well as various investment holdings in various parts of the Trinidad and Tobago economy. On 26 March 2008, RBTT Shareholders voted 98.18 percent in favour of selling the bank to the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), who previously had divested the bank in 1987. On 16 June 2008, RBC completed the acquisition.

check this out:

trini owns a debt riddle Carib cement company that which they spending billions expanding. is like pushing water up a hill :rotfl:

i don't know how they are going to survive ofter this is constructed: http://www.worldcement.com/sectors/cement/articles/Canadian%20company%20proposes%20new%20plant%20in%20Jamaica.aspx

Jamaica has two domestic private airline companies:

http://www.jamaicaairshuttle.com/

they already planning to buy new planes and expand slowly, just like air Jamaica did.
After several months of operation, the company announced that it would be expanding its scheduled service to Boscobel in Jamaica, Cayman Brac, Port-au-Prince in Haiti and Santiago de Cuba in Cuba. Expansion of the scheduled network was planned to be introduced in the third quarter of 2010

second domestic airline:

http://www.skylanjamaica.com/

Jamaica has to many rum company to worry about Appleton.

it just show you how dunce you is
"we may suck at everything but Jamaica is still T&T owned"

i would advice you to check the amount of company in Jamaica.

A yardie got up one mourning and decided to renovate his shack.

trying to be smart but you smells :rotfl: you watching too much TV, i would advice you to take a trip to jamaica and you see what development look like and sto watching videos of garrison and dancehall music that taking over trinidad :rotfl:. we  not putting few tall building on water front and say we rich. :rotfl:

we don't have oil but we do with what we have

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzYthZMIuw4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portmore

http://www.h2kjamaica.com/html/AboutH2k/ProjectPhotos/ProjectPhotosContd/tabid/126/Default.aspx

you right, i think they will be coming out of one of these shack:

http://www.bonitajamaica.com/?page_id=115

Nice try changing the subject ,swimming back to safer water .Dont worry ,Jamaica has good young players also ,only problem I heard your board not playing them .

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2011, 03:50:51 AM »
Why do you guys even bother engage these backward bombastic ppl! they are the most annoying fackin ppl on the planet! let him believe that their moronic country is the bomb and take the high road, to me that's easy to do.

him and the other two jerkoffs reggae fan and JA2099 do nothing but compare and disrespect us on our own site, they are like bad minded unhappy women. ah here this jahkingdom byoi using the word quikies to describe us, ah sure it have some racial/disrespectful meanin behind it.

i don't know why the mods doh ban dem nah, since they not serving no positive purpose on the board anyway, fackin bunch ah westindian trolls that love tuh come on here and harass ppl.

imagine it have white ppl from other countries who does come on here and go on nice and decent, but we own caribbean neighbors........ every time they come here is to dis!

i say ban dem fuh good!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 03:54:09 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2011, 06:10:51 AM »
just what we does say in football bout dem other Caribbean teams how dey up dey standard and we never develop thats just what they saying bout we. what other WEST INDIAN legends other than lara we have so when we bustin we brain bout them in football them on we hard in de cricket
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2011, 07:15:40 AM »
Why do you guys even bother engage these backward bombastic ppl! they are the most annoying fackin ppl on the planet! let him believe that their moronic country is the bomb and take the high road, to me that's easy to do.

him and the other two jerkoffs reggae fan and JA2099 do nothing but compare and disrespect us on our own site, they are like bad minded unhappy women. ah here this jahkingdom byoi using the word quikies to describe us, ah sure it have some racial/disrespectful meanin behind it.

i don't know why the mods doh ban dem nah, since they not serving no positive purpose on the board anyway, fackin bunch ah westindian trolls that love tuh come on here and harass ppl.

imagine it have white ppl from other countries who does come on here and go on nice and decent, but we own caribbean neighbors........ every time they come here is to dis!

i say ban dem fuh good!

what type of racial stuff you talking about? ::). just cool, you just as bad as the others on here who try to attack Jamaican in every possible way and try to cover it up and act like you the victim. did you read controversial comment before you even comment?

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2011, 07:42:51 AM »

palos is an imps when coming to suggesting anything, last time he open he mouth, he get bat up, you on the other hand is a setta empty vessels making one setta noise.

Steups...Listen BOY...Just let me take you seriously for a minute..

What facking "solutions" you talking 'bout. Are you a madman?? Is as though when you log on here you feel you joining the SWO thinktank or what? Are you posting from an asylum? You have "solutions"? To what!? Yuh implement any of them? Yuh solve the problems??

NOTHING YOU SAY MAKES SENSE!!! And people here tired tell yuh that. You are the board idiot and yuh doh even realize it.

Move so yes...

Ah juss waste ah minute on you.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 07:45:05 AM by Socafan »
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2011, 09:55:07 AM »
Ok my two cents on the orginal topic..

Cricket in Trinidad is played at a higher level than football in Trinidad..it has been that way for a very long time.

Here's why: the legacy of Cricket in the Caribbean and in Trinidad is greater than that of football.

We have always been exposed to highest level of cricket in the Caribbean. Top quality teams and players come to Caribbean every year. The Queen's Park Oval has hosted most test matches than any other Caribbean venue.

We have had great teams in the West Indies and we regualrly see great players, and we know what work and preparation it takes to reach that level.

The same cannot be said for football.

What great legacy do we have to aspire to?
What world class team regularly plays here to push on to greater things?

The only truly world class team we regularly play against is Mexico and they often send their second teams to play us. The US now starting to get there.

We are a developing footballing nation. we do not yet know what it takes to achieve a world standard consistently, and as such we don't have any structure in place to push our players or teams to that standard.

As for jahKingdom, you really think your current Jamaica team is that much stronger than Trinidad and Tobago in 4 day cricket? I'll be honest Ja has a solid bowling attack, but our batting is stronger and the region has regularly shown ineptitude against our spinners.

Your recent success in the 4 day tournament had more to do with a combination of our complacency, weather affecting our games and a Barbados team that will stop at nothing to throw dirt in our eyes..

what say you?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2011, 10:40:21 AM »
I have to agree with Arazi on some of his points. It is true that WI cricket has been on the competitive level way before football. TT could not enter competitive football until 1962 because we were a colony. And we and JA were only able to enter WC in 66. Where as cricket did not fall into that situation. We were part of the British empire. So it was much easier for the WI cricket team to compete against England and OZ in the earlys. They were the best. And to beat the best, we had to become the best. And in so doing cricket was the sport to get back at our masters.

Beside that a lot of international football club teams have come to play in TT for donkey years. Look at some of the old news paper . The nature of the two sports are different.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2011, 10:56:40 AM »
ah think trinbago trying tuh say that a large majority of trinis of east indian decent play more cricket than football, which is comprised of half the population, this could be true,i had a post about this and it turned into a something else, too much people on this board too uncivilized and lack intelligence tuh understand these concepts.

How de ass you end up as a "guest" boss?

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>