April 23, 2024, 03:16:15 PM

Author Topic: Rijsbergen aims for unified approach.  (Read 4130 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Rijsbergen aims for unified approach.
« on: September 01, 2006, 06:31:00 PM »
Rijsbergen aims for unified approach.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

National Team head coach Wim Rijsbergen is aiming to coincide the development of younger locally-based players with the ones who continue to ply their trade abroad and can continue to make a contribution to the “Soca Warriors” on the international level.
This is with the intention of lifting the standard of home-based players and at the same time, maintaining a decent show on the international stage as more countries are now paying attention to T&T and wanting to come up against the best of what the 2006 World Cup finalists have to offer.
Clearly emphasizing that the experience of qualifying for Germany 2006 and subsequently performing on the world stage as a phenomenal achievement and experience for the country, Rijsbergen pointed out that the scenario of then, when he arrived last year with Leo Beenhakker, is different to present day.
“It was a different situation then because when we came in there were dates set, arrangements were made in anticipation of what we were heading into. But now we have to in some way also start it over again but also keep the momentum of what we had with us at the World Cup,” Rijsbergen told TTFF Media on Friday.
As such, he says greater emphasis must be placed on cooperation among the parties involved in local football as well as those who hold an interest in it.
“I’m here as head coach for a month now and already we had the Under 16s, we had one senior international game with Japan and then there’s Under 20s coming up. People must understand that it all takes time and a bigger effort.
“Of course the nice thing will be if we can all work together and T&T will be the winner in the end. We don’t need people only making all kinds of comments but why not also have positive contribution from where all parties can benefit.
“Again we always hear about the standard of local players but we have seen a lot of them and of course they will be part of the future of the National Senior team and Olympic teams (trying to qualify for the China Olympics). We went to Japan and played with the local guys and they saw that we need a bit more than just playing football. I am a fan of improving players by playing against better teams but I’m also a fan of trying to use your best players to improve the quality of the younger less experienced players. That’s the idea of wanting to use our best team for the international games and it was disappointing that some of the European managers were not keen on letting our players come for the two games this month.
“The future is about seeing the best available players in the local league and involving them with the best guys we have from overseas who can still play at the level and getting the best team ready for 2010,” Rijsbergen added.
The former Dutch World Cup player lamented the fact that other countries also want to play against the best possible opposition and are rarely interested in playing against less than full strength opposition.
“Sometimes you have to be realistic.  I have seen a lot of Pro League games and we will pick up the guys with the quality and age to improve. There’s a reason why some guys play in other countries and that’s because they have proven that they are good enough to go into another level and some  people have no idea what the next level is about and they have comments. International football is a bit different and we saw it at the World Cup and we had to go all out in order to compete well.”
“At the end of the day all we can do is work together -  at schools,  the Pro League and at the national level. There must be one goal which is to get the best teams possible at the age groups for tournaments because that’s where you are judged.”
He spoke too about the need for the development of some of the training grounds around the country, at least those that the national teams use.
“We are facing some problems and maybe that’s where the Government could be of greater help in the future and assist with grounds or with the national training centre with different facilities. With the screening sessions that we have had, if it rains then the session has to be cancelled or stopped. We have had Under 20 sessions and everytime it rains it turns out to be more of a swimming pool than a decent field. Mr Warner is the one trying to get an artificial turf ready so teams can train there when the weather is bad. And the clubs as well should have the type of facility that is suitable for a professional club. I have seen the Under 16s having to share a field or a university with a club or use the Savannah.
“This is all part of the development and it is all part of getting players and teams better. I understand fully that everyone here wants to be coaches and make comments. It’s the same thing in Holland where we have 16 million people and the same number of coaches. But at least let’s try to get things right before saying things and maybe even positive resistance if there is a need to do that,” Rijsbergen said.
He mentioned too that efforts are being made to have two friendly international in October as he attempts to get preparations going for the Digicel Cup Finals here next January.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rijsbergen aims for unified approach.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 07:47:35 PM »
Just what I expect to hear from a new vibrant coach. Well lets see how he does with the politics of the 'Beautiful Game' in Sweet TnT.

He might start to sound like BSC and Gally in time to come  ;D

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 12:48:05 PM »
Come on Wim....crack the whip....we all behind yuh !!!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 08:16:39 PM »
i jus hope dat wim is not jus a talker and really an actor as well

beenie didnt talk much and we had points and wins to show for it

good article nice insight into how the whip works

i go support warriors even if charlo from rong by me coachin for 5 ball as long as we show on d pitch wat we worth i happy
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 08:29:15 PM »
he putting it out dey for the talkers..."do yuh part and help the cause, doh jes bump yuh gums and only critahsiize"

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 09:14:47 PM »
Wim is right to a point!  Even on this Forum men does be making all kind a criticism and they 1,000 miles away and don't have facts.  But that is what fans do, and as he said they do that in Holland too.  So the criticism and "coaching" by fans will never stop.  That is why we are fans.  It is when "so-called officials" and former coaches like Alvin and Gally who snipin at the coach, and when the people who could act, like the goverment sitting on their hands that it impedes progress and discourages the efforts of the team.  Good luck Wim, we behind you all the way!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 07:48:55 AM »
If Wim/TTFF are trying to schedule friendlies in October they will face exactly the same situations that forced the games against Mexico and Colombia to be called off. The international dates are Saturday 7th October and Wednesday 11th October.

All Premiership and Championship players will be available- Warner, Edwards, Birchall, K Jones, Yorke and John.

All Scottish Premier and League One players will be available- Scotland and Samuel.

League One and Two players have games scheduled for those dates meaning that the clubs will not want to release players, so if the TTFF use the same rationale as last week then Jack, Sancho and Lawrence will be unavailable.

Therefore exactly the same foreign based players that were available for the Mexico/Columbia games will be available in October.

So why did we cancel the Mexico and Columbia games if Wim/TTFF are trying to schedule friendly games on the international dates in October?

I think i know why but the reasons are not legitimate reasons to deny the best 5-6 of the local based the experience of international football and also the T&T public the chance to see international football.

And yes i am a lot of miles away from all of the facts but from what facts i do have i think this is a pretty fair question to ask.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 07:54:10 AM »
If Wim/TTFF are trying to schedule friendlies in October they will face exactly the same situations that forced the games against Mexico and Colombia to be called off. The international dates are Saturday 7th October and Wednesday 11th October.

All Premiership and Championship players will be available- Warner, Edwards, Birchall, K Jones, Yorke and John.

All Scottish Premier and League One players will be available- Scotland and Samuel.

League One and Two players have games scheduled for those dates meaning that the clubs will not want to release players, so if the TTFF use the same rationale as last week then Jack, Sancho and Lawrence will be unavailable.

Therefore exactly the same foreign based players that were available for the Mexico/Columbia games will be available in October.

So why did we cancel the Mexico and Columbia games if Wim/TTFF are trying to schedule friendly games on the international dates in October?

I think i know why but the reasons are not legitimate reasons to deny the best 5-6 of the local based the experience of international football and also the T&T public the chance to see international football.

And yes i am a lot of miles away from all of the facts but from what facts i do have i think this is a pretty fair question to ask.

Good call man, but I believe they use the foreign based thing as a scape goat. The real story was not revealed. $$$$ and Jack ...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>