April 23, 2024, 11:18:40 PM

Author Topic: Theobald back with Caledonia.  (Read 11285 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Theobald back with Caledonia.
« on: September 02, 2006, 05:57:02 AM »
Theobald back with Caledonia.
T&T Express Reports.

Trinidad and Tobago's World Cup midfielder Densill Theobald, will return to the T&T Pro League for a four-month period to play with Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA.
Yesterday, manager of Caledonia Ayinde Abu Bakr confirmed to the Express that Theobald would join the team after the current break in the local league to facilitate the playing of the First Citizans Bank Cup. But he was quick to point out that it was not a permanent return to his former club.
"I think Densill is past this level now. This is just a transitional deal until the opening of the transfer window in January."
The Express was informed that Theobald may have an arrangement with an Austrian club in the works following his departure from Scottish Club Falkirk FC. Recent reports in several Scottish newspapers have stated that Theobald had asked to be given the opportunity to pursue his career elsewhere.
Theobald joined Falkirk just last year during the World Cup qualifying campaign on the recommendation of Russell Latapy, an assistant-coach with the Scottish Premier League club. Since then, he has struggle to get a starting place in Scotland and has also been plagued by a knee injury which sidelined him during pre-season training.
A recent Falkirk club statement revealed: "Unfortunately the signing of Densill has not worked as well as we had hoped and the club feels that it is in the best interests of both parties to move on."
John Hughes, the head coach of Falkirk further added: "Densill contacted us and intimated that he wished to pursue his career elsewhere. We decided to accept Densil's request and wish him all the best in his future career".
Meanwhile, AIA will also be boosted by the return of defender Nigel Henry, who had a tryout for T&T prior to the World Cup. Henry is still in Sweden playing with Kiruna FF-BoIS but will return when the season ends.
At the same time, Caledonia have lost defender Radanfah Abu Bakr who has returned to England to study at Kingston College, London. Prior to his departure, the under-20 captain said he enjoyed his stint playing with AIA, which he described as a close knit team. However, he said he was looking forward to resuming studies despite generally gloomy weather in London.
Also missing from the AIA team is coach Jamaal Shabazz who is in the Netherland Antilles where he is coaching the Guyanese men's national team who are contesting a Digicel Caribbean Cup preliminary qualifying group.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 06:48:51 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Theobald back with Caledonia.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 06:30:16 AM »
What a waste,how pathetic,not downplaying our league in anyway but when yuh think about the opportunity this man had,that any of the current trini players in the pro league would relish he goes 1 step forward and 3 steps backwards,with an apparent p.r. campaign suggesting it's only for 4months with caledonia.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 06:33:37 AM »
Also missing from the AIA team is coach Jamaal Shabazz who is in the Netherland Antilles where he is coaching the Guyanese men's national team who are contesting a Digicel Caribbean Cup preliminary qualifying group.

If Shabazz is in Netherland Antilles coaching the Guyanese national team and we have two games for the women team coming up on the 06th of Sept (T&T v Suriname) and the 10th of Sept (T&T v Dominican Republic) who will be coaching our national women team ?
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 06:54:09 AM »
"I think Denzil is pass this level now "- Does not say much for the pro league.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 06:59:49 AM »
From SPL back to the Pro League, what happen to them stepping stones he talked about. Other then the World Cup games, when is the last time Densil played some organized ball for a club?

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 07:31:18 AM »
flex dey make an announcement locally some time

i think is another dutch man or prob one a shabazz staff
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 07:55:30 AM »
"I think Denzil is pass this level now "- Does not say much for the pro league.

Well the man say he think. so it his opinion  ;D but leo aint above our league
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 09:34:45 AM »
Good for him. I knew this was coming

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 09:36:56 AM »
boy he need a kick i hope theo  reads this forum
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 09:42:02 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 10:16:54 AM »
As soon as he leave Falkirk i know was back to Calondia for he!!!!!!

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2006, 12:36:45 PM »
I really and truly hope Densil gets himslef out of this situation and knows what he is doing Sometimes you do have to take 2 steps back to go 4steps forward..after all the bad talk.at the end  fo the day...I really hope the best for him.
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2006, 08:31:46 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, if a player is out of contract/unattched, doesn't that make him eligible to sign a contract with a team. If that is the case, then it will make the closing of the transfer inapplicable to Theobald's situation.

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2006, 08:48:06 AM »
It does  not apply to free agents.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2006, 09:08:17 AM »

So therefore Theobald was a free agent in the sense because he was no longer attached with Falkirk and neither did he sign with Caledonia AIA.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2006, 09:19:36 AM »
I wish Theobold well, work hard and get match fit as soon as possible.
peace

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2006, 01:43:37 PM »

So therefore Theobald was a free agent in the sense because he was no longer attached with Falkirk and neither did he sign with Caledonia AIA.

yeah. Good observation Jayerson. If any club really wanted him right now, they could sign him anytime because he is a free agent. The transfer deadline does not apply to him...The fact is, noi foreign club looking at Densill seriously righjt now because:
1) He is probably not fit
2) He walked out on Falkirk

Playing with Caledonia is the best move for him right now. I am glad for him. He will get to play, get back his fitness and hopefully win back his place in the National Team. After that we will see if a move abroad is in his future.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2006, 02:03:41 PM »

yeah. Good observation Jayerson. If any club really wanted him right now, they could sign him anytime because he is a free agent. The transfer deadline does not apply to him...The fact is, noi foreign club looking at Densill seriously righjt now because:

Playing with Caledonia is the best move for him right now. I am glad for him. He will get to play, get back his fitness and hopefully win back his place in the National Team. After that we will see if a move abroad is in his future.

Alot ah ifs there boy filho............

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2006, 02:31:59 PM »

Alot ah ifs there boy filho............

yeah..just hoping for the best

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2006, 02:50:18 PM »

If Shabazz is in Netherland Antilles coaching the Guyanese national team and we have two games for the women team coming up on the 06th of Sept (T&T v Suriname) and the 10th of Sept (T&T v Dominican Republic) who will be coaching our national women team ?

MARLON CHARLES...JAMAL'S FORMER ASSISTANT

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2006, 06:00:49 AM »
he is ah free agent and he waiting on de transfer window..........lol  :rotfl:

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2006, 06:16:22 AM »
wow!! allyuh go never finish kickin dirt on this man atall or wha?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2006, 09:15:44 AM »
Q: so with all these abu bakrs and shabaaz in the caladonia ranks, this side have a connect to the jamaat al abu bakr or whatever up in mucarapo? i.e. the coup/criminal organization?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2006, 09:45:27 AM »
excuse me ...Theobald who ???
I remember hardest waiting on his contract from Germany when he was playing for queens park and was offered and given a conact in the mls. according to a reliable source Hardest just had to show up and sign the papers but didn't ....take a horse to water...

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2006, 10:37:07 AM »
Q: so with all these abu bakrs and shabaaz in the caladonia ranks, this side have a connect to the jamaat al abu bakr or whatever up in mucarapo? i.e. the coup/criminal organization?

You eh know Shabaaz was/is the Imam second in command? Of course they have ties. What i want to know if thiis Ayinde is the same  son who keep for QRC? Cause if is so...he leave school about 5 years now..and he coaching?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2006, 01:48:47 PM »

You eh know Shabaaz was/is the Imam second in command? Of course they have ties. What i want to know if thiis Ayinde is the same  son who keep for QRC? Cause if is so...he leave school about 5 years now..and he coaching?

yea.......is the same player.........dunno how qualifird he is as a coach tho.....

maybe he is goalkeeper coach........

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2006, 05:51:10 PM »

dat is a mad move yes

but we just hadd wait for the transfer window yes

1]; } ?>