March 28, 2024, 02:47:39 PM

Author Topic: Tnt vs Faroe islands and San marino  (Read 3078 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Tnt vs Faroe islands and San marino
« on: September 02, 2006, 08:19:16 AM »
Well Euro qualifying weekend start, 10 minutes ent gone yet and Faroe islands done collect 2 from Scotland.

How all you feel we go do against the whipping boys of European football? Faroe Islands, San MArino, Liechstenstein, Andorra...

I'm tempted to say we go beat them up bad, but the only match we had comparable to that was 2 against Azerbaijan and we only win 1-0 and 2-0.

IT know it all depends on who play, how much time they together and on the day anything can happen, but what is a realistic scoreline in your opinion if we play them in a world cup qualifier (full strength team)?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: Tnt vs Faroe islands and San marino
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 08:20:38 AM »
I take it scotland is the TNT 'B' side since all their support in the WC ;D

Scotland should beat the Faroe Islands & San Marino but scotland has always been a very weird side :-\

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 08:46:58 AM »
5-0 scotland   44'    lol

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 08:58:48 AM »
this is why this sport is such a funny thing. Northern ireland mash us up bad and we beat iceland fairly easily and here you have iceland blowing out northern ireland at home 3-0.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 03:40:54 PM »
this is why this sport is such a funny thing. Northern ireland mash us up bad and we beat iceland fairly easily and here you have iceland blowing out northern ireland at home 3-0.

Nothern Ireland did not really mash we up. And that was then. They can't come near to us with our full squad now. Remember we were not playing well at that time.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 03:48:49 PM »

Nothern Ireland did not really mash we up. And that was then. They can't come near to us with our full squad now. Remember we were not playing well at that time.

I didn't see the match, so I could only take your word for it. But 3-0 is a mash up in my books. Plus i not sure about that "cyah come near we talk. That same northern ireland beat england less than a year ago...Anything could happen on any given day

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 04:03:37 PM »

I didn't see the match, so I could only take your word for it. But 3-0 is a mash up in my books. Plus i not sure about that "cyah come near we talk. That same northern ireland beat england less than a year ago...Anything could happen on any given day

The only had one chance against England and they scored, apart from that they were not at the races..... It was England that lost that game.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 06:46:34 PM »

The only had one chance against England and they scored, apart from that they were not at the races..... It was England that lost that game.

Fair enough. But assume Cornell Glenn shot had gone in against Sweden. Would you have said that we didn't win our first world cup match, Sweden just happened to lose their 23rd? (a fictitious figure)  :thinking:

At the end of the day football is about finishing. The final scoreline is not all, but for the purposes of A given match, its all you have. It doesn't necessarily tell you anything about the strengths of the 2 teams but it does tell you who knew how to finish (or in extreme cases, who had the referee on their side (just making sure nobody ent bring 1973 up)).

The only sport you get points in for being pretty or dominant is gymnastics and figure skating. Everything else is a win draw or loss...

But we digress, and no one has yet answered the original question

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 07:53:47 PM »
Well Euro qualifying weekend start, 10 minutes ent gone yet and Faroe islands done collect 2 from Scotland.

How all you feel we go do against the whipping boys of European football? Faroe Islands, San MArino, Liechstenstein, Andorra...

I'm tempted to say we go beat them up bad, but the only match we had comparable to that was 2 against Azerbaijan and we only win 1-0 and 2-0.

IT know it all depends on who play, how much time they together and on the day anything can happen, but what is a realistic scoreline in your opinion if we play them in a world cup qualifier (full strength team)?

Anything can happen if you take the chances you get. We had superior possession to Wales but Earnshaw take his chances and we loss. Liechstenstein could hold us to a 0-0 draw with our full-strength team...stranger things have happened. I remember the Maldives had held the South Korean team (practically their 2002 squad) to a goalless draw a couple years ago. And Brazil (full squad I think) had eked past Jamaica 1-0. I still wondering how that happen.

As far as San Marino, Andorra, Faroe Islands go I have never seen them play (not the men's team at least) but as far as football goes, anything can happen if chances are taken and I believe the gaps between countries' footballing levels are rapidly decreasing. That said I would still be shocked if we were to lose to any of those three teams with our full-strength squad. But a tie or narrow win to us is fully realistic.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 08:00:08 PM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 08:03:43 PM »

Fair enough. But assume Cornell Glenn shot had gone in against Sweden. Would you have said that we didn't win our first world cup match, Sweden just happened to lose their 23rd? (a fictitious figure)  :thinking:

At the end of the day football is about finishing. The final scoreline is not all, but for the purposes of A given match, its all you have. It doesn't necessarily tell you anything about the strengths of the 2 teams but it does tell you who knew how to finish (or in extreme cases, who had the referee on their side (just making sure nobody ent bring 1973 up)).

The only sport you get points in for being pretty or dominant is gymnastics and figure skating. Everything else is a win draw or loss...

But we digress, and no one has yet answered the original question

Point taken.
Back to the original question...with our full squad we will beat these teams. The score I cannot predict. That down to Stern  ;D

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2006, 11:18:18 PM »
Population
The population in the Faroe Islands is 48.290 (March 2005).

The capital area Tórshavn has a population of 19.300. Klaksvík,
the second largest town in the Faroes, has a population of 6.000

taken from their tourist site.....I think they does do quite well...musbe all dem practice games they does get...but ah doh think they could beat Tobago...yet yuh neva know...every dog have his day

Offline jonny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2006, 01:29:49 AM »
England - Andorra 5-0 and Spain - Liechtenstein 4-0 yesterday in Euro qualifiers

Scotland beat Faroe Island 6-0

1]; } ?>