April 26, 2024, 11:36:23 AM

Author Topic: World Cup in South Africa ?  (Read 14213 times)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
Re: World Cup in South Africa ?
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2006, 01:47:35 PM »
[

Not a clue....

Well at least you're honest & accurate

Mid-afternoon entertainment again.  Yes Dutty is showing his form again  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  Anyway I doh know what Winni talking about.  It isn't what have you done, it is what have you done lately!  Canada in terms of football doh have no direction and leadership and until someone decides to put more heart into the Canadian football den I'm afraid that TnT will have a field day with the canadians.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2006, 01:51:38 PM »
Somehow I think if SA don't start making moves to better everything, FiFA will be changing the venue to US or France or something so.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2006, 01:55:36 PM »
Not a clue, and I'm really not a big fan of the Olympics.

Could that be because Canada never manage to ever do well at the olympics (and I guess sports in general) ;D

That's pretty funny coming from a Jamaican.

Did I tell you that the only thing more pathetic than T&T's record vs Canada is the Reggae Boyz ?  1 victory for Jamaica in 12 matches !

You guys stink. :rotfl:

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2006, 02:03:52 PM »
  I am sure that it was not your intention, but hopefully you can understand that your post just adds to the grwoing list of South Africa bashing (

Anyway..can we agree not to let this thread descend into a downward spiral of insults and accusations and try to maintain a certain level of maturity and dignified debate on the forum.

best to all :beermug:

I disagree...did you read the inital lead -in?

"If this can't be contained, one would have to question if FIFA would allow SA to host the World Cup. (Check out those HIV rates, what is that, 1 in 7?).
Combine that with their insane crime rate, and you have one truly wonderful country"

The poisonous sarcasm is bursting at the seams....besides you forget who you dealin wit or wha?

Anyway, say wha....I hear ir have 3 cases of west nile virus in B.C. and 1 case of kookamongaphobia in Madagascar

I better go and wrap mih bedroom in plastic and have mih can of sheltox and curl up in de corner oui....yuh cyah take chances of ketchin anyting dese days

HIV Facts in South Africa

HIV/AIDS - adult prevalence rate: 21.5% (2003 est.)
HIV/AIDS - people living with HIV/AIDS: 5.3 million (2003 est.)
HIV/AIDS - deaths: 370,000 (2003 est.)

HIV Facts in USA

HIV/AIDS - adult prevalence rate: 0.6% (2003 est.)
HIV/AIDS - people living with HIV/AIDS: 950,000 (2003 est.)
HIV/AIDS - deaths: 14,000 (2003 est.)

Dutty, HIV is a concern in South Africa.  To me the issue is how dey can afford to host the World Cup when they in crisis.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2006, 02:11:50 PM »

is times like this ah does wish men like TT and Sam eh coolin orf.. by now WF wudda get rinse wid cuss.. they wudda tell him how he mother, grand mother..great gran make him 4 sure...ah see Berris (mrs John) does try to emulate..buh like he too quiet these days.

Aye Winni.. ah realize you vex since the TnT consulate eh organize you wid the papers... you comin here all vex and ting on ah daily basis.. you now have 2-3 options..

- ress ah bribe next time you visit the consulate
- fall in love wid ah trini footballer (Hardest, Stern John and bleeder done taken)
- last resort..hook up with triniman (bear in mind that he too waiting to hear from the consulate)

Now cool yourself and lets see how the SA thing plays out nah....  Me eh know what you really concerned about, is not like if you had any plans on going... unless U did plan on riding one ah dem maco mosquito it have out in winnipeg.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2006, 02:13:26 PM »
more the reason why the WC is to watch football...and not bull people....

Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2006, 02:15:18 PM »
Lawd   :o Jumbie call de man Mrs. John 

I jus put mih ear to de ground and hearin ah distant rumblin....he commin fuh yuh backside  :devil:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2006, 02:20:16 PM »

I jus put mih ear to de ground and hearin ah distant rumblin....he commin fuh yuh backside  :devil:

Ditty, did I say you could leave your plastic room ?

Get back in there or I will take your Barbie dolls away !

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2006, 02:28:03 PM »

Ditty, did I say you could leave your plastic room ?

Get back in there or I will take your Barbie dolls away !
mhh..you have some sort of an obsession with barbies,  :thinking: this is the 3rd or 4th time you mentioned them.....do you get aroused at the sight of an EZ-bake oven too ??
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2006, 02:31:18 PM »
I tink that WF and Dutty must be in luv with each other de way dey is fight on dis forum

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2006, 02:33:32 PM »
I tink that WF and Dutty must be in luv with each other de way dey is fight on dis forum

boy me eh know Mr. Furry,,on some kinda fantasy vibes bout big man in plastic room with barbies

me eh on dem manitoba hick vibes oui....allyuh see de movie 'deliverance' ok den

I is decent church folks

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2006, 02:36:21 PM »

boy me eh know Mr. Furry,,on some kinda fantasy vibes bout big man in plastic room with barbies

me eh on dem manitoba hick vibes oui....allyuh see de movie 'deliverance' ok den

I is decent church folks

if yuu and WF admit your clandestine affair to deh world, give me advance notice so I coud buy meh popcorn.  It cole cole in Winnipeg .... yuh moving soon?

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2006, 02:37:23 PM »

Not a clue, and I'm really not a big fan of the Olympics.

Could that be because Canada never manage to ever do well at the olympics (and I guess sports in general) ;D

RF yuh hadda remember ice hockey....dese Canadians is throw all deh resources into hockey

They list sports as follows:

1. Ice Hockey
2. Ice Hockey
3. everything else  ;D

it so it go:

1. ice hockey
2. cfl
3. women's soccer
4. curling
5. ultimate frisbee
6. everything else

;D

That's pretty funny.  Soccer doesn't rank for Canada, and we still kick T&T's ass. :rotfl:

you mean the 0-2 and 0-4 in the last qualifiers? maybe you meant "lick" not "kick"?

I always get a kick how you guys hang onto those 2 matches.  

Then I have to remind myself how your U-17's have NEVER beat Canada, how your U-20's have NEVER beat Canada, how your U-23's have NEVER beat Canada, how your women have NEVER beat Canada.

And when it comes to our World Cup teams, you have 2 victories in 10 matches.  Hardly something to brag about.   But I'm feeling charitable so that's OK, because that's all you have !! :rotfl:

furry, like "soccer" for you stops at age 23? it's nice when the youths go out and play the game on the way to reaching something approaching professional standard - it's great that canada has such an impressive youth record - too bad about the senior team. i'll bet you would like ssfl in trinidad - schoolboy football. that sounds like your thing. you really like them youth thing - u-17 games, barbies .... :thinking:   ???  :-\ ??? ???

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2006, 03:27:56 PM »
well, even tho these are entertaining posts ;D, may I interrupt with some facts...

it sounds like the TB outbreak is affecting for now HIV positive patients, and these are really at higher risk. and I believe that may be why this strain is xtra resistant to the drugs. I also don't think the WHO is in panic mode but taking care of business so that the outbreak doesn't become an epidemic.

sorry to burst your bubble but precaution does not equal panic...peace :) 

I for one am looking forward to the wc in south africa :)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2006, 03:53:29 PM »
I eh being racist or hating on Africa  buh....  FIFA do real shit by granting Africa and South America world cups to host

firstly  dat HIV and TB eh no joke scene   and Africa have rell disease....  i doe understad  y wud u put a world cup...d largest sporting event in an under developed country? 

South Amarica...  Malaria and other diseases......  under-developed...crime...

FIFA hadda use dey head sometimes....   D World Cup   should only be held in Developed Countries for Fan's Safety

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2006, 04:27:57 PM »
I eh being racist or hating on Africa  buh....  FIFA do real shit by granting Africa and South America world cups to host

firstly  dat HIV and TB eh no joke scene   and Africa have rell disease....  i doe understad  y wud u put a world cup...d largest sporting event in an under developed country? 

FIFA hadda use dey head sometimes....   D World Cup   should only be held in Developed Countries for Fan's Safety

The World Cup is definetly a big deal for Africa.  FIFA will be under immense preasure to keep it in SA no matter what  the state of the country.

They should have handed the WC to Morocco instead of SA.  It's a much more civil country, the problem is, it's islamic.  I doubt they would want the security risk at this time.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2006, 04:33:25 PM »

Wit all due respect...you MAY not intentionally want to be racist, but your post belies a significant level of ignorance at the very least.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2006, 04:50:27 PM »

Wit all due respect...you MAY not intentionally want to be racist, but your post belies a significant level of ignorance at the very least.

well sorry if i ofended ne1  but dat is my view on the matter...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2006, 05:11:20 PM »

well sorry if i ofended ne1  but dat is my view on the matter...

Nah boss.  No offence taken at all.  Jes de situation lil more complex dan dat but by all means....you entitled and should express yuh opinion.

Respeck
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2006, 05:14:27 PM »

So you're all about the rich getting richer and poor getting poorer huh ? S. Africa getting the W.C. is exactly the kind of economic boost that an underdeveloped country needs....(it would help the crime situation as well)

What if Trinidad was getting to host a WC ? (I know it's not possible, but hypothetically speaking)...I bet your view would change...and just in case you didn't know T&T is not a developed country...with an alarming HIV rate and crime rate as well......now what ?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 05:21:06 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2006, 05:44:54 PM »

was FIFA wrong for giving the youth WC tuh Tnt...anl undevelop island dat have plenty crime...and doh tork bout mosquito and san'fly.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2006, 06:07:17 PM »
if dey were to host a WC in tnt   well its FIFA funeral.....

and no dey werent wrong to give us a youth world cp... beacase it was a youth world cup.... plus half the teams complained about trinidad and its facilitys ....   i remember spain got really angry at where dey were staying...

is my point of view...    i eh feling bad dat i wrote it    is not a race ting or neting like dat...  is just i dnt think its is a great idea to have tourni's there

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2006, 06:30:31 PM »

small Mag...when you get older u will realize how ignorant this post is. U young, so yuh excused..but really? Who is bainwashing you...You obvioulsy haven't spent much time in Latin America  Sorry, but your opinion is has no serious basis or educated thought process behind it. Malaria in South America? jesus..the flicking WC wouldn't be in the Amazon jungle. Are you saying Brazil, Argentina and Mexico should never have hosted a WC? Mexico hosted 2 of the greatest WCs of all time....

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2006, 06:35:27 PM »
I eh being racist or hating on Africa  buh....  FIFA do real shit by granting Africa and South America world cups to host

firstly  dat HIV and TB eh no joke scene   and Africa have rell disease....  i doe understad  y wud u put a world cup...d largest sporting event in an under developed country?  

South Amarica...  Malaria and other diseases......  under-developed...crime...

FIFA hadda use dey head sometimes....   D World Cup   should only be held in Developed Countries for Fan's Safety

So you're all about the rich getting richer and poor getting poorer huh ? S. Africa getting the W.C. is exactly the kind of economic boost that an underdeveloped country needs....(it would help the crime situation as well)

What if Trinidad was getting to host a WC ? (I know it's not possible, but hypothetically speaking)...I bet your view would change...and just in case you didn't know T&T is not a developed country...with an alarming HIV rate and crime rate as well......now what ?

Small Mag, several Latin American teams have held World Cups succesfully in the past - Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Mexico (twice). South Africa is wealthier than each of these countries and is actually one of the 20 largest economies in the world.

Since South Africa has many well-developed cities, it has alot of the infrastructure in place already (stadia, airports, hotels). SA has hosted the cricket world cup (2003) and the rugby world cup (in the 1990s) - no problems. You're right, there are may concerns about whether they can put on as good a show as Germany did. But still, it is a fantastic opportunity, not just for SA, but for the whole of Africa, as no other African country is likely to ever even be close to being capable of hosting this tournament.

If you fraid malaria, you can go hang out with Winnipeg down in d back of Canada  ;)

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2006, 06:36:50 PM »
South Africa hosted the 1995 Rugby World Cup, African Cup of Nations in 1996 and the 2003 Cricket World Cup. Why not 2010? South Africa is one of the most developed countries in Africa.
The authorities have four years to deal with crime and disease.
Of course there are elements out there who have an interest in putting Africa in a negative light.
La lutta continua.
see the link for more info.
http://www.go2africa.com/football-world-cup-2010/

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2006, 06:39:30 PM »

"Now what ?"

South Africa getting the World Cup is not important, the continent of Africa is.

Instead of gifting the World Cup to Germany in 2009, why not start looking for alternatives in Africa.     Obviously countries like Morocco will need more than 6 months notice.  

The problem really is, what are the alternatives in Africa ?  Besides Morocco, nothing comes to mind.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2006, 06:43:20 PM »
if dey were to host a WC in tnt   well its FIFA funeral.....

and no dey werent wrong to give us a youth world cp... beacase it was a youth world cup.... plus half the teams complained about trinidad and its facilitys ....   i remember spain got really angry at where dey were staying...

is my point of view...    i eh feling bad dat i wrote it    is not a race ting or neting like dat...  is just i dnt think its is a great idea to have tourni's there

South Africa may have all those problems but they are more than capable of hosting a World Cup, and a boss one at that...FIFA wouldn't have given them the responsibility had there been any significant doubt. SA have real money and infrastructure despite social conditions. Personally I have to go to a World Cup in South America or Africa in my lifetime...something will be taken away from the spirit of the tournament as truly a world game if it's never held in either continent. It will do far more good than harm for its people.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2006, 06:45:48 PM »

"Now what ?"

South Africa getting the World Cup is not important, the continent of Africa is.

Instead of gifting the World Cup to Germany in 2009, why not start looking for alternatives in Africa.     Obviously countries like Morocco will need more than 6 months notice.  

The problem really is, what are the alternatives in Africa ?  Besides Morocco, nothing comes to mind.

Tunisia and Nigeria. And if given enough time to prepare, Egypt.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2006, 06:53:58 PM »

"Now what ?"

Point taken WF, but I doubt that was kicker's point. Insert any 'developing nation' in there..I don't think kicker is partial to S Africa. Just so happens that they have been granted it, so it was the ideal example to use in a point that was debating a philosophy about whether only devleped nations should host the WC...not whether S Africa is a more desreved host than other African nations

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2006, 07:47:21 PM »

Small Mag you need to expand yuh mind lil bit..ah know you is ah youth, but dais no exscuse for pelting dat kinda ignorance...dais de same kinda ting people in developed countries does think about trinidad

I understand everytime somebody see a tv show on africa is lil skinny children covered in flies..or when they hear south africa, dey mind does go to soweto and townships one time

First off its not and under-developed country...in terms of infrastructure, communications, stock exchange etc it is in lock step with most middle of the road euro countries
It use to develop nuclear weapons..now it uses nuclear energy for electricity and other purposes, built and devloped In south africa by south africans

Most nuclear countries cant boast about in-house development

For a country that just walk out of arpatheid barely a decade ago, the fact that it had no war and destroyed cities is amazing

Because the media does focus on poverty and disease dat doh mean de whole country is a colony of lepers
Remember a couple years back when greece was waaay behind in preparing for olympics...people waste them down too and say dem eh have no business hosting olympics..look how that turn out

With regard to crime,, if you listen to people outside trinidad you would think is blood slaughterhouse in T&T........yet allyuh does still go out and lime ent?

Point is,,Do some research on de place,,, on its auto industry, beaches, inventions, entrepreneurs etc etc etc

This is the same kinda sillinness not too long ago when men on here thought the players from haiti was drinkin canal water and eatin dry rice....until dem haitians come on here and school allyuh on line and on de field

It have too much information access at people finger tips these days for youthmen to have the same backward mindset my grandparents did have

as KRS1 say "you must learn"............and if you eh sure who KRS-1 is...well lawd.. I real old  :D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 07:55:22 PM by Dutty »

1]; } ?>