April 19, 2024, 10:38:36 AM

Author Topic: T&TFF maps the way forward.  (Read 11468 times)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&TFF maps the way forward.
« on: September 08, 2006, 10:16:18 PM »
Croft is head of LOC for 2010.
By: Jovan Ravello (Guardian).
[/size]

“I think this is the kind of atmosphere in which we should work,” this was the assertion of T&T Football Federation (T&TFF) Special Advisor following Tuesday’s executive meeting the details of which were revealed yesterday at the Clico Hospitality Suite of the Queen’s Park Oval.
At that sit-down the federation was able to agree on a few major decisions concerning local football at all local levels including the confirmation of appointments to the coaching staffs of the four major national football teams.
“Of course,” Warner noted “the head coach (Wim Rijsbergen) can coach any team he desires and for as long as he desires.”
Rijsbergen, the national senior team coach, is assisted by Jan Van Diensen and Anton Corneal with Terrence Babwah serving as the team doctor. Van Diensen is in charge of the Olympic Under-23 team with Brian Williams, a former national defender, his assistant and Babwah, team doctor.
Williams is at the helm of the Under-20 unit with former senior national midfielder, Hutson Charles serving as assistant coach and former national goalkeeper Ross Russell the goalkeeper coach.
Corneal, in charge of the Under-17 team which advanced to the Concacaf round of qualifying for the 2007 Under-17 World Cup in South Korea next April, is assisted by Charles and Russell.
The members of the Under-17 team, as revealed earlier this week, have been involved to participate in this year’s Secondary School’s Football League and the conditions of their involvement in the league were also revealed.
The players will undergo monthly physical evaluations focusing on body fat, weight, BEEP testing and resting heart rate, and will continue to train as a unit on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays with live-in camps panned this month, December.
There will also be continuous scouting for players involved in the SSFL and specially invited players from Europe, Canada the United States and England.
The players will have the first week of January off and will go to a ten day camp in Brazil during the Carnival break as a further boon to the team’s development ahead of its next outing.
The T&TFF also has plans for the younger footballers with a view of whetting their appetites for the discipline at an early age.
There is also a draft document, prepared by Dr Iva Gloudon of the University of the West Indies, for the development of this country’s women footballers that is up for further review by the Federation’s executive.
Following the cancellation of fixtures Mexico and Colombia earlier this month Warner also presented a letter directly from the office Fifa President Joseph Sepp Blatter in response to Warner’s request for clarification on the issue of releasing players for international duty.
The letter stated: “We would like to inform you that the obligation to release players extends to all clubs, regardless to the league to which they belong. Article 1 of annex 1 of the Fifa regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players imposes this obligation on all clubs.”
Warner noted that this letter along with the original request for clarification would accompany further requests for the participation of this country’s Soca Warriors in international competition.
The letter also noted, “for the sake of completeness,” that October 7 and 11 are official Fifa dates and that “the T&TFF is entitled to seek the release of its players.”
Warner said this was necessary because “I don’t think that we have sufficient locally-based players to be competitive internationally. We have to further develop the youth and our facilities.”
Pending an agreement is reached the T&T national next runs out against Panama in an international friendly carded for the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo on October 7 and then again on the 11th against Canada at the same venue.
What is confirmed is the November 15 friendly between T&T and Austria in Vienna.
Also disclosed at the press Former West Indies fast bowler Colin Croft has been appointed Chief Operations Officer of the Local Organising Committee (LOC) 2010 the business/operating plan for which was also presented to the media.
“My understanding of the position is quite simple,” Croft said “I am the link between the T&TFF and the LOC.
“We will do anything in our power to help the youth teams realise their full potential as I expect that they would form the nucleus of the team in four years time.
“I believe we al have to work together,” he continued “and I promise that I will do my best.”
Warner revealed that Croft was the top candidate out of a field of six and that the business plan included plans for the remuneration and bonuses for the senior national footballers for the next four years.

NATIONAL TEAM APPOINTMENTS:

SENIOR TEAM-Wim Rijsbergen (Coach), Jan Van Deisen & Anton Corneal (assistant coaches)

OLYMPIC TEAM-Jan Van Deisen (Coach), Brian Williams (assistant coaches), Terrence Babwah (Doctor)

UNDER-20-Brian Williams (Coach), Hutson Charles (assistant coach), Ross Russell (goalkeeper coach)

UNDER-17-Anton Corneal (Coach), Hutson Charles (assistant coach), Ross Russell (goalkeeper coach).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 07:56:47 AM by Flex »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: T&TFF maps the way forward
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 12:11:37 AM »
1 - These plans soundin good as usual

2 - We've seen this sort of thing before

3 - I await implementation and execution of said plans including whether or not the 3 friendlies actually come to pass

4 - Interesting appointment of Colin Croft to this position of Chief Operating Officer of the LOC 2010.  I wonder what it is that makes him the top candidate out of the field of 6?  I wonder what the duties of this position are?

To the best of my knowledge, Croft is best known as an ex WI fast bowler, a cricket commentator, and an airline pilot.  I'm not aware of any administrative position he has held in any capacity in any sporting body anywhere in the Caribbean.  Perhaps he has.  Perhaps the position involved doesn't need any of those skills.  Perhaps the position in question has as it's main criteria one has to be an ex WI fast bowler from Guyana.  That would definitely qualify him as the top candidate.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&TFF maps the way forward
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 12:39:17 AM »
1 - These plans soundin good as usual

2 - We've seen this sort of thing before

3 - I await implementation and execution of said plans including whether or not the 3 friendlies actually come to pass

4 - Interesting appointment of Colin Croft to this position of Chief Operating Officer of the LOC 2010.  I wonder what it is that makes him the top candidate out of the field of 6?  I wonder what the duties of this position are?

To the best of my knowledge, Croft is best known as an ex WI fast bowler, a cricket commentator, and an airline pilot.  I'm not aware of any administrative position he has held in any capacity in any sporting body anywhere in the Caribbean.  Perhaps he has.  Perhaps the position involved doesn't need any of those skills.  Perhaps the position in question has as it's main criteria one has to be an ex WI fast bowler from Guyana.  That would definitely qualify him as the top candidate.

Maybe the position requires you to be another JWAK-Jack Warner A$$ Kisser  ;)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Re: T&TFF maps the way forward.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 08:23:29 AM »
Having said that Palos.......I would truly like to see Croft's credentials....

Flex, Lasana Bird, Tallman or Fuentes shold get and interview or back ground check on this fellows credentials...
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 08:32:16 AM »

Flex, Lasana Bird, Tallman or Fuentes shold get and interview or back ground check on this fellows credentials...

Colin Croft

Colin Everton Hunte Croft (born March 15, 1953 in Demerara, British Guiana) was a West Indian cricketer. He was part of the fearsome quartet of fast bowlers from the late 70s and early 80s. With his giant frame of 6 foot 6, he bowled nasty bouncers and was very aggressive. His figures of 8/29 against Pakistan in 1977 are still the best Test figures by a genuine fast bowler from the West Indies. His career ended when he went to the rebel tour of South Africa in 1982.

Wisden overview with Mike Selvey.

"Crofty," a West Indian team-mate once said, "would bounce his grandmother if he thought there was a wicket in it." In a relatively brief career lasting just five years, he established a reputation as one of the most chilling of fast men, with no compunction whatsoever about inflicting pain. There was little of the orthodox about him. The prancing run was straight but the batsman saw only his head bobbing behind the umpire until he veered out wide of the crease just prior to delivery, leaning back and slanting the ball awkwardly in to the right-hander. Often, as with Courtney Walsh later, it would hold up off the seam and move away.
Occasionally his volatility and enthusiasm for the bouncer got him into trouble, most notably when he kept the local infirmary busy while bowling for Guyana against the Australians in 1977-78, and again two winters later during an acrimonious tour of New Zealand, when he failed to veer out in his run and flattened the umpire Fred Goodall who had annoyed him.
He was a fine bowler though and in 27 matches he managed 125 wickets - a remarkable haul in a side laden with high-class pace where the spoils tended to be spread. Best of all came in his second match where at Port-of-Spain he laid waste the Pakistan batting with 8 for 29, still the best figures by a West Indian fast bowler. Since retirement he qualified as an airline pilot ("he wouldn't land in the middle of the runway too often," someone commented) and then joined the media circus where he frequently turns press conferences into a lecture theatre.

Related News.

COLIN CROFT IS CLUELESS

Is Colin Croft for Real?

Croft sees Dillon as destroyer.

Croft Must Apologise to Lara.

Croft's take on the Caribbean's cricket crisis
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 08:34:28 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 08:39:34 AM »

Colin Croft

Colin Everton Hunte Croft (born March 15, 1953 in Demerara, British Guiana) was a West Indian cricketer. He was part of the fearsome quartet of fast bowlers from the late 70s and early 80s. With his giant frame of 6 foot 6, he bowled nasty bouncers and was very aggressive. His figures of 8/29 against Pakistan in 1977 are still the best Test figures by a genuine fast bowler from the West Indies. His career ended when he went to the rebel tour of South Africa in 1982.

Wisden overview with Mike Selvey.

"Crofty," a West Indian team-mate once said, "would bounce his grandmother if he thought there was a wicket in it." In a relatively brief career lasting just five years, he established a reputation as one of the most chilling of fast men, with no compunction whatsoever about inflicting pain. There was little of the orthodox about him. The prancing run was straight but the batsman saw only his head bobbing behind the umpire until he veered out wide of the crease just prior to delivery, leaning back and slanting the ball awkwardly in to the right-hander. Often, as with Courtney Walsh later, it would hold up off the seam and move away.
Occasionally his volatility and enthusiasm for the bouncer got him into trouble, most notably when he kept the local infirmary busy while bowling for Guyana against the Australians in 1977-78, and again two winters later during an acrimonious tour of New Zealand, when he failed to veer out in his run and flattened the umpire Fred Goodall who had annoyed him.
He was a fine bowler though and in 27 matches he managed 125 wickets - a remarkable haul in a side laden with high-class pace where the spoils tended to be spread. Best of all came in his second match where at Port-of-Spain he laid waste the Pakistan batting with 8 for 29, still the best figures by a West Indian fast bowler. Since retirement he qualified as an airline pilot ("he wouldn't land in the middle of the runway too often," someone commented) and then joined the media circus where he frequently turns press conferences into a lecture theatre.

Related News.

COLIN CROFT IS CLUELESS

Is Colin Croft for Real?

Croft sees Dillon as destroyer.

Croft Must Apologise to Lara.

Croft's take on the Caribbean's cricket crisis

Right then I guess Crofie is the man for the job..... who doh like it could meet him at the QP oval with ah helmet  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 08:45:08 AM »
Warner picks Croft

Ian Prescott

Saturday, September 9th 2006

AMIDST the development taking place to prepare the Queen's Park Oval for next year's Cricket World Cup, it was announced that a former West Indies fast bowler has been handed the job of facilitating Trinidad and Tobago's bid to qualify for the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

Colin Croft was yesterday introduced as the chief operating officer of the Local Organising Committee (LOC) South Africa 2010, whose job it is to organise matches, events and raise corporate financing in the build-up to T&T's qualification for the next World Cup. The LOC will be based in Arouca and comprise a number of sub-committees under Croft, who himself will report to a board of directors.

In taking over the job formerly held by Jamaican Horace Reid, Croft admitted it will be a challenge. He listed his job specification as being the main organiser of the T&T effort to qualify for the next World Cup.

"When I played for the West Indies, it was never a case of if we would win, but when," said Croft.. "None of the inhabitants of Trinidad and Tobago should be thinking if Trinidad and Tobago will get to South Africa 2010. It must be when."

The Guyana-born pacer said while the World Cup experience in Germany was great, he believed the first World Cup to be played on the African continent will thrill the world in ways never before experienced.

He described South Africa as being football crazy and that a game involving the Kaiser Chiefs regularly attracts 65,000 fans in their stadium and a similar amount outside.

Cricket, he said, was just the third most popular sport in South Africa.

In announcing the appointment, Jack Warner, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation's (T&TFF) special adviser, said Croft was chosen from six candidates, whom he preferred not to name, and the lanky ex-cricketer was given special consideration because of his familiarity with South Africa.

And several other decisions were formulated following a TTFF executive committee meeting on Tuesday.

Yesterday, Warner announced the confirmation, and in some cases the appointment, of officials to several national football teams.

Brian Williams, the ex-national defender, is now coach of the national under-20 squad and also assistant to Dutchman Jan Van Deinsen with the Olympic (Under-23) team.

Williams will be helped by his former "Strike Squad" teammates Hutson Charles (assistant under-20 coach) and Ross Russell (Under-17 and -20 goalkeeper coach). Warner said Trinidad and Tobago's senior footballers will play three friendly internationals this year.

Panama play here on October 7, following which Canada visit on October 11 after an earlier meeting with Jamaica.

Trinidad and Tobago's final friendly international takes place away to Austria on November 15 in Vienna.

Warner added that FIFA has made a ruling pertaining to the release of Trinidad and Tobago's footballers for friendly internationals and this country will no longer tolerate the debacle which forced the cancellation of recent friendly matches.

Regardless of what division they play in, Warner said Trinidad and Tobago will insist on the release of their footballers on official international match days.

He said the T&TFF had chosen not to use solely locally-based players for the cancelled internationals because it was felt T&T do not have enough quality local players at this point to play high quality internationals.

Having witnessed the match against Japan last month, Warner felt we were lucky to escape with a 2-0 defeat.

Among other announcements made is that the T&TFF has formulated a budget whereby players will be informed beforehand what the match fees for international games are, and the national under-17 footballers will have a ten-day camp in an isolated part of Brazil near Carnival time as they prepare for the CONCACAF qualifiers.

A T&TFF draft consitution has been formulated and will be sent to FIFA on Tuesday for approval.

NATIONAL TEAM APPOINTMENTS:

SENIOR TEAM-Wim Rijsbergen (Coach), Jan Van Deisen & Anton Corneal (assistant coaches)

OLYMPIC TEAM-Jan Van Deisen (Coach), Brian Williams (assistant coaches), Terrence Babwah (Doctor)

UNDER-20-Brian Williams (Coach), Hutson Charles (assistant coach), Ross Russell (goalkeeper coach)

UNDER-17-Anton Corneal (Coach), Hutson Charles (assistant coach), Ross Russell (goalkeeper coach).

Warrior For Life !!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 10:14:40 AM »
Warner picks Croft

In announcing the appointment, Jack Warner, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation's (T&TFF) special adviser, said Croft was chosen from six candidates, whom he preferred not to name, and the lanky ex-cricketer was given special consideration because of his familiarity with South Africa.

A man go on a rebel tour of South Africa.  A tour that took place at the time that South Africa was a pariah of the international community because of it's apartheid policies and he get "rewarded" with a TTFF post?  Bernard Julien went South Africa on de same tour.  Wonder if he was one a de 6?  Jack fuh a supposedly smart man like he doh think nah.  Dis come like when he wanted to appoint Ron Atkinson as T&T Head Coach.

Anyway....away from dat.....while I'm happy to see the talk of developing our young U 16/17 squad for the next WC...I noticin not a single mention about our U 20's.  Their needs are even more immediate to me.  The U 20 WC will be held in 2007...yes folks...next year....in Canada. I haven't read anything about preparation for this team.  I seein Brian Williams, Hutson Charles and Ross Russell are the coaches.  Any plans for them?  Any nutriton, strength, specific fitness programs and training being implemented for these guys?  Or is it that TTFF really looking realistically at 2014 and throwin de resources in dat direction?

If so, at least say something....but I find the lack of information re: our U 20's to be somewhat concerning.  Maybe they decide to overs de U 20 and focus on U 16's and under.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2006, 11:10:01 AM »
Warner picks Croft

A man go on a rebel tour of South Africa.  A tour that took place at the time that South Africa was a pariah of the international community because of it's apartheid policies and he get "rewarded" with a TTFF post?  Bernard Julien went South Africa on de same tour.  Wonder if he was one a de 6?  Jack fuh a supposedly smart man like he doh think nah.  Dis come like when he wanted to appoint Ron Atkinson as T&T Head Coach.

Anyway....away from dat.....while I'm happy to see the talk of developing our young U 16/17 squad for the next WC...I noticin not a single mention about our U 20's.  Their needs are even more immediate to me.  The U 20 WC will be held in 2007...yes folks...next year....in Canada. I haven't read anything about preparation for this team.  I seein Brian Williams, Hutson Charles and Ross Russell are the coaches.  Any plans for them?  Any nutriton, strength, specific fitness programs and training being implemented for these guys?  Or is it that TTFF really looking realistically at 2014 and throwin de resources in dat direction?

If so, at least say something....but I find the lack of information re: our U 20's to be somewhat concerning.  Maybe they decide to overs de U 20 and focus on U 16's and under.

I endorse your sentiments....

While I am happy to see some sort of planning going into place for the Under 16....as well as all the other age groups.....I don't think the deserved attention is being paid to the U20 AND the U23......These are the main guys for 2010......We have to start now.....They should be also getting livin camps.....What are the plans......? ???

Mr Jan Van Deisen needs to be more vocal and come forward with his plans or least formulate one....where do we stand ????
Warrior For Life !!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2006, 11:22:03 AM »
Panama, Canada and Austria?

Hmm!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2006, 04:20:16 PM »
Lp is no where to be seen
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2006, 07:23:07 PM »
What ah mottley crew ... first a terrorist who held this country´s leaders to ransome, killing some people in the mix, then a man who has never recanted from his honorary white position...akin to a mercenary... then of couse ther is jack ... This TTFF good we !
i ready for dem to take trinidad and tobago out of dat association yes !

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2006, 07:26:09 PM »
come on TTFF , you could do better than those three, how about:

India, Parkistan and Samoa?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2006, 07:27:33 PM »

And what exactly is wrong with Panama, Canada and Austria?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2006, 07:29:29 PM »

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is wrong with India , Prkistan and Samoa? ent we  could use we local squad tuh gain some confidence?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2006, 08:25:21 PM »

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is wrong with India , Prkistan and Samoa? ent we  could use we local squad tuh gain some confidence?

Ok.  I get it.  U jes lookin fuh talk.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2006, 08:43:50 PM »
Colin Croft they got to be kidding. The man get run from running SPEC at UWI. Not to mention he Domestic Violence charge.

The man is a cetified moron. The biggest so called waggonist on this site would have made a better choice. 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2006, 06:59:09 AM »
Colin Croft they got to be kidding. The man get run from running SPEC at UWI. Not to mention he Domestic Violence charge.

The man is a cetified moron. The biggest so called waggonist on this site would have made a better choice. 

but you must admit that he fit in quite nicely with the other honourable gentlemen ...

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2006, 05:34:05 AM »
question on the coaches named: I can see the same senior coach for 3 teams, but Hutson to be assistant for 3 teams??? physically possible? are coaches scarce, or maybe not up to standard ???

at last the plans are being slowly leaked to the public.
I saw Anton on spalk and he actually spoke sensibly, and it seems there may actually be some structure to the training,yes..
living in hope

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2006, 06:54:56 AM »
When will they ever get this mess right? These guys change plans as often as we change coaches. Serious no confidence vote. LOL

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2006, 07:53:30 AM »

Any news on my TD ...Lincoln Phillips?

He is like Camps .... keeping a low profile.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2006, 12:08:36 PM »
Croft: Warriors going to SA
By: JOEL BAILEY (Newsday)

Wednesday, September 13 2006

FORMER West Indies fast bowler Colin Croft has promised to enable and enhance the efforts of the Trinidad and Tobago football team to qualify for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
The 53-year-old Croft made this declaration during a recent press conference at the Queen’s Park Oval, Port-of-Spain, when his appointment as Chief Operations Officer of the Local Organising Committee (LOC) South Africa 2010.
Speaking to the media, Croft said the LOC will be working with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) in order to improve the quality of the local players.
“That tournament in South Africa may be four years away, not as long a time to prepare as many think,” Croft said. “But I expect that many of these young men will be the ones who will make TT proud, again, come 2010.”
Croft stated that he will be performing dual roles as Chief Operations Officer of the LOC and as a cricket commentator, particularly at the 2007 ICC World Cup here in the Caribbean.
“We will need every ounce of help that we could get from everyone, including the press, everyone in the twin-island republic of Trinidad and Tobago, and even, with the new CARICOM Single Market and Economy (CSME), the help of the entire Caribbean. “Whatever help we could get; in communications, ideas, co-operation, suggestions, operational, volunteers, anything at all, we will take,” he continued.
“If you think that Germany was spectacular, then, from my own experiences, you have not seen anything yet, in terms of soccer, when it comes to Africa, and especially, the Republic of South Africa,” Croft said.
“I would even suggest that maybe, with the exception of South America, no other continent in the world is more encased in the game of soccer than Africa,” he said.
“Similarly, except for Brazil, no other country anywhere plays soccer with such verve, enthusiasm and emphasis like the Republic of South Africa. You really have to see it to believe it,” he said.
But he made it clear that no Trinidad and Tobago national should now be thinking “if” the Soca Warriors team will get to South Africa in 2010, but what they would do once they get there.
“The precedent has been set in Germany 2006. South Africa 2010 must be infinitely better. There certainly is much work to be done. I could only do my best. That I promise you will have,” he said.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2006, 08:32:10 AM »
Anybody know what's this dude been up to since his appointment ? haven't heard much....  :devil:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 08:34:12 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2006, 09:45:41 AM »
Additionally, from the main report in this post, the U17 should be on a tour to Brazil in 2weeks. Lets see if this comes to pass ??
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2006, 10:08:20 AM »
There will also be continuous scouting for players involved in the SSFL and specially invited players from Europe, Canada the United States and England.
The players will have the first week of January off and will go to a ten day camp in Brazil during the Carnival break as a further boon to the team’s development ahead of its next outing.

It is during carnival is the camp oh and they scout in england  ;D carib-briton yuh provide ah list :rotfl:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 10:14:23 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2006, 11:09:30 AM »

Thanks for the vote of confidence but I really had to turn them down. Those duties would take away from my being a dedicated forumite. ;D ;D
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2013, 11:15:00 AM »
We had plans before but lawd it keeps going astray.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2013, 06:57:08 PM »
OK, AB, as an answer to several of your threads, this is the problem:

TTFF is still influenced by Jack Warner (even if just benignly) T&T football administration doesn't like the Pro League and therefore, any so called development plans do not include the professional clubs (unless Shabazz can drag Cali into it in some way)

The zones don't like the Pro League because they take their best players.

The schools don't like the Pro League because like every where else in the world, 16 year olds should be with a professional club, but the schools want to keep them so they can win Intercol etc (a 19 year old footballer is not better educated than a 16 year old....if players want education they should be encouraged to win scholarships overseas)

Most of the Super League clubs don't like the Pro League because they take their best players.

Most of the Minor League clubs don't like the Pro League because they take their best players.

Everything above is unique (in my experience) to T&T.

Now, if the schools linked with Pro League clubs and sent their best players at 14 with an agreement that they are allowed to play school football, these boys would develop faster.

At 16, clubs should sign 3 or 4 year contracts with the kids.

The youngsters could be loaned to Super League teams to gain experience. In exchange, the Super League clubs would feed any talented players back to the Pro League.

Meanwhile, the Pro League clubs would notify the national coaches of their young talent and players could be selected for regular schoolboy internationals.

The 16 year olds would be better developed and could go to European academy's on student visas (with Pro League clubs retaining a sell on fee)

After two years in Europe, players can get a work permit and will be offered a contract or sold on.

Pro League clubs get a percentage and part of this is passed to the donor club or school.

You get a better young player, national side has a balanced flow of players familiar with each other, Pro League clubs earn some money to re invest in development and there is a better standard of player in the Pro League. Even the schools and feeder clubs benefit.

I am available for the Minister of Sport position if called!! ::)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2013, 07:22:24 PM »
apppps, ready to join the ole boys network ? as a former JW oh-givinhorrors-presser, yuh could get some drinks on the side for your ideas, but they cyah let no possible double agent in there boss..fire ah next one, then

1]; } ?>