April 19, 2024, 03:11:26 PM

Author Topic: TTFF Gives 200 footballs for Special Olympics competition.  (Read 3476 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TTFF Gives 200 footballs for Special Olympics competition.
« on: September 11, 2006, 06:12:15 PM »
TTFF Gives 200 footballs for Special Olympics.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

The Special Olympics Caribbean organization will be staging a regional five a side tournament for Caribbean nations at the Dwight Yorke Stadium, Tobago in November and up to 250 players are expected to be involved.
This was revealed Candilla Berment, executive director of Special Olympics Caribbean as she and director of sports and training for the regional body received 200 footballs from the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation on Monday to go towards the tournament.
Berment added that football had quickly become the most popular sport among the special Olympians, particularly after an initiative between Special Olympics Caribbean and FIFA for a  training workshop which  took place in March 2003 at the University of the West Indies, St Augustine Campus in Trinidad.
 Football has attracted around  three thousand (3000) special Olympians  athletes participating in the twenty three (23) programs.
“ In order that we build capacity in the region had embarked on a process by building capacity in programs by first conducting training courses for coaches. Our objective is to use sport and in particular the sport of football to engender the habits of healthy life style and physical activity in the population of those with mental disability in the region,” Berment explained.
“Having completed the first regional training in conjunction with FIFA we recognized that the sport had taken off in the region and as such we feel that the time is opportune to continue on the momentum started by hosting a series of invitational competitions aimed at supporting the continued growth of the sport. Soon after this training we staged the first Regional Games for Special Olympics at the Mona Campus University of the West Indies in Jamaica in 2004, where we held football competitions hosting fourteen teams.
“We have therefore partnered with Special Olympics Trinidad and Tobago in this regard and the Special Olympic athletes who look forward with anticipation to this competition in November to display their skills.
The tournament which runs from November 17-18 will be the biggest ever Special Olympics event and will include participating teams from Aruba, Barbados, Netherlands Antilles, Cayman Islands, Guadeloupe, Dominica, Guyana, St Lucia  and T&T.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF Gives 200 footballs for Special Olympics competition.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 07:40:09 PM »
wish i coulda take ennn these games ;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 09:31:50 PM »
:thumbsdown:
Warrior For Life !!

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 01:35:02 PM »
Anybody interested in volunteering to help co-ordinate these games, PM me.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 01:41:06 PM »

If yuh kicksin about the games...is best yuh dont say anything.  >:(

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 01:50:21 PM »
allyuh goin mad or what ???
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

1]; } ?>