April 18, 2024, 11:33:17 AM

Author Topic: Goulart back with 'Connection'  (Read 3160 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Goulart back with 'Connection'
« on: September 13, 2006, 02:37:46 AM »
Goulart back with Connection.
By: Joel Villafana (ttproleague).
[/size]

The inspirational Brazilian midfielder Gefferson Goulart has returned to the W Connection fold and the club’s owner David John Williams is confident that Goulart will further motivate his young team.
Goulart left the Couva based club, at the end of the 2005 season for top South Korean club Buscan Park.
Buscan Park was being coached by former Trinidad and Tobago head coach Ian Porterfield—however, Porterfield has since left the club—and according to John Williams, Goulart failed to find favor with the new coach in charge.
"He is back in the fold, and we are happy to have him back, Goulart is very much and will always be part of the W Connection family, whether he is in Korea, Japan or Europe—and I am looking forward to him playing a big role with the development of our young squad."
John Williams explained, "Things did not work for him in Korea, once Porterfield left, but Goulart had a good stint—he played about seven matches for the club and scored one goal, and set up two—but they parted company mutually—and we are certainly glad to accept him back."
Goulart, who also had a stint Yugoslavia with FC Zelnick, led W Connection to three titles in 2005—the League, the First Citizens Cup and the Toyota Classic—he was influential in the ‘Savonetta Boys’ winning 3 Pro League championship titles in their short history.
The talented Brazilian, also made headlines last season with the much talked about brawl in the Finals of the 2005 Toyota Classic, where he was at the centre of the controversy.
Local fans will have to wait until Tuesday 19, September before they see Goulart don his green and white Connection strip, his first game is expected to be against CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh at the Larry Gomes stadium.
John Williams confirmed, "He is carrying a niggling injury, we are hoping to use him for the upcoming League match against Jabloteh, we want him to be fully fit when he takes the field."
The ecstatic club owner believes he will provide and additional punch to his young squad, "Our youngsters have done exceptionally well this season, we have won our last five games, and we are closing the gap and challenging Joe Public and Jabloteh—so Gefferson is going to add something extra to the team—he will bring his experience to the squad and it certainly augurs well for the immediate future of W Connection.
Goulart misses "Trini" curry.
By: James Saunders. (ttproleague).
[/size]

A craving for ‘Trini’ food was one of the main reasons Brazilian Midfielder Gefferson Goulart has decided to make a hasty return to Trinidad and Tobago after his short stint in South Korea.
"I missed the roti and doubles", said the Brazilian who claimed he had a hard time adjusting to Korean food.
"The weather was not bad, in fact it was much cooler that in Trinidad but the food I didn’t like it at all", he said.
Goulart who left these shores in 2005 to pursue a career with top South Korean team Buscan Park returned to former club W Connection recently after he fell out of favor with the clubs new coach.
The inspirational midfielder who scored one goal in his seven appearances for the team under former T&T coach Ian Porterfield had been relegated to the sidelines after the Porterfield’s departure.
"It was difficult being forced to sit on the bench and look on when I’m accustomed regularly being in the first 11 with W Connection", Goulart said.
It was in search of greater playing time that the Brazilian decided to make a move back to the Couva based team despite heavy interest by several local clubs for his services.
Despite his disappointment of not making a bigger impact in Korea the midfielder who also had a previous stint in Yugoslavian premier club FC Zelnick believes his experiences has taught him many lessons.
He is also adamant that the there is not much difference between the TT Pro League and it’s foreign counterparts.
"The only real difference out there is money and at that there are more overseas players in the teams", Goulart established.
The player now maintains that his main focus is to recover from a slight injury that he is nursing and to help his young team defend both their First Citizens Cup and Pro League titles.
The Brazilian further boasted that despite his hope to secure a lucrative overseas contract in the future there is no place he’d rather be than Trinidad.
"W Connection is my family I’ve been here for seven years now if I leave this country it’s to make money and comeback", he hinted. "I love everything about Trinidad, I consider it my home."
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 06:50:33 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Goulart back with 'Connection'
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 09:50:03 AM »
Did Connection get a transfer fee for him when he left for Korea?
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Goulart back with 'Connection'
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 06:38:08 AM »
Above Report Update.

"Goulart misses "Trini" curry."
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>