April 25, 2024, 07:11:05 AM

Author Topic: ‘Compre’ stays unbeaten, San Juan stay on top.  (Read 3257 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
‘Compre’ stays unbeaten, San Juan stay on top.
« on: September 17, 2006, 05:56:16 AM »
‘Compre’ stays unbeaten.
By: Kwame Williams (Guardian).
[/size]

Defending North Zone league champion Mucurapo maintained its lead atop the seven-team table with a convincing 3-1 win over QRC yesterday at QRC Grounds, St Clair.
Kevon Dove, Ricardo Peltier and an own-goal from QRC goalie Yannick Duchausee accounted for “Compre’s” three tallies, while Jarod Britto got the host’s lone item.
At the half-time interval the teams were tied 1-1, with Dove scoring first and Britto getting the equaliser.
Peltier regained the lead for Mucurapo, followed by a costly error from Duchausee, which killed off any chance of the home team making a come-back.
A first-half double from skillful striker Sherron Joseph helped last year’s Intercol winner, Fatima, to a 3-0 triumph over Malick at Fatima Grounds, Mucurapo Road.
National Under-16 midfielder Jean Luc Rochford got Fatima’s third just before the end of the first period.
Qian Grovesnor’s 20th minute strike decided the battle of the saints, as the Tiger’s of St Anthony’s beat St Mary’s 1-0 on St Mary’s Grounds, St Clair.
In the East, San Juan stretched its lead over St Augustine to five points after thumping Arima 4-0 at the Larry Gomes Stadium, Malabar.
Neil Mitchell scored twice, with Jonathon Romain, Akeem Holder getting the other two goals.
Hillview surprised St Augustine, holding the 2005 Intercol runner-up to a 1-1, while El Dorado beat Toco 2-0.
San Juan stay on top in East.
By: Roger Seepersad, Mark Pouchet & Mervyn Stewart.
[/size]

St Mary's goalkeeper Michael Amoruso holds on to the ball despite pressure from a St Anthony's striker in their BGTT Secondary Schools Football League North Zone clash yesterday at CIC Ground, St Clair. St Anthony's won 1-0.
San Juan Senior Comprehensive trounced Arima 4-0 in the BGTT Secondary Schools Football League East Zone match-up at the Larry Gomes Stadium, Malabar yesterday.
San Juan recorded their fourth win on the trot to maintain the top spot in the zone. Neil Mitchel scored a double, opening the scoring in the 34th minute, when the Arima goalkeeper hesitated, giving Mitchel a free header.
Jonathan Romain added to Arima's misery in the 79th minute, hitting a low shot from close range. Shortly after, in the 85th, Akeem Holder buried his shot in the back of the net. Holder's shot came from just outside the penalty box, leaving the keeper with no chance.
Mitchel scored his second goal in the dying minutes, collecting the ball in the 12-yard box, behind the defence and hitting home from close range.
Credit must be given to San Juan captain Elijah Manners, who struck the free kick which led to the goal.
In the North Zone, Mucurapo Senior Comprehensive continued atop the table with a 3-1 victory over Queen's Royal College at the Royalians' Ground in St Clair. Mucurapo own a 100 per cent record with three wins, the latest coming over the hapless QRC outfit, who have secured one point in four games.
And Fatima College made home advantage pay with a 3-0 licking of Malick Senior Comprehensive at their Mucurapo Road ground.
Fatima leapfrogged Malick into third spot with six points, with Malick down to fourth.
In second spot are St Anthony's College, who eked out a 1-0 win over St Mary's College at Serpentine Road.
Qian Grovesnor, son of successful long-time Tigers coach Nigel Grovesnor, fired home the winner in the first half to secure the win and propel his school to seven points.
Defending champions Naparima College remain unbeaten in the South Zone with a 1-0 win over St Benedict's College at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium yesterday.
The victory gives the champions three straight wins and means the boys in blue and white go to the top of the standings with nine points. Presentation College, on a bye yesterday, are now second with seven points, the same as Princes Town Senior Secondary, who edged neighbours Moruga Composite 1-0.
At Marabella, "Naps" got their lone item from striker Nigel Wright in the 56th minute when he headed home after a right-side cross from Anthony Parris .
In the 'Green Hornets' encounter, the lone second half item was scored by striker Jessie Edwards.

You can also visit schoolsoccernet. for more SSFL info.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 06:03:00 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ‘Compre’ stays unbeaten, San Juan stay on top.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 12:16:20 PM »
Way tuh go compre... :applause:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 10:43:14 AM »
San Juan start good last yr and then faded. They doh better repeat that dotishness this year.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 11:23:18 AM »
San Juan start good last yr and then faded. They doh better repeat that dotishness this year.
         San Juan has the talent to do well every year because that area is a hotbed for good players but their downfall is discipline,it's the whole environment where these players come from,you will not believe their Coach is a Policeman and to get these guys to listen to him he has to cuss.
         I'm from that area and coached that school at one time and had major successes with them but remember i was a Soldier plus being an ex international Coach/Player i got a lot of respect from everyone.I still keep in touch with what ever going on there and visit them when ever i'm home.   

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 12:44:49 PM »
I went to the gov't sec so we sent some of our players across there. So I does back them. I agree the discipline problem. It not only in San Juan is the entire country
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline TIDDROY

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 08:47:41 PM »
I dont know if the moderators on this site also help with the information on it but as far as stats go(which is completely besides the topic on discussion) Fatima College won both North and National Intercol titles in 2005 and not Mucurapo. The stats in one of the links reports Mucurapo as having won North Zone Intercol and being as ex Fatima stalwart i couldnt let this go unnoticed.  >:(
I AM A SOCAWARRIOR

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 09:21:51 PM »
Yes give fatima they peeps. The last time they won anything b4 last yr it was still called the College's League.

1]; } ?>