April 29, 2024, 01:31:09 AM

Author Topic: Liburd: Jack's conspiracy theory.  (Read 3908 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Liburd: Jack's conspiracy theory.
« on: September 16, 2006, 11:34:19 AM »
Warner to face FIFA disciplinary committee.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).

16 Sept 2006

Jack's conspiracy theory.

FIFA vice-president Jack Warner's sporting career now rests with the global football organisation's Disciplinary Committee, who must decide on the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) special adviser's culpability regarding the resale of World Cup tickets for the 2006 tournament in Germany.
At a Zurich press conference yesterday-which was beamed live via the internet-FIFA president Sepp Blatter handed over what he called "a not too comfortable situation" for the Disciplinary Committee to adjudicate.
No deadline was set for a verdict and Blatter only said that the committee "will hopefully reach a conclusion very soon".
Warner stands accused of reselling at least 5,400 World Cup tickets at an inflated price, which contravenes several of the organisation's bylaws.
FIFA was made aware of Warner's alleged violations by independent international accounting firm, Ernst & Young, in separate reports last April and July. However, the information was not made public until English investigative reporter, Andrew Jennings, broke the story in the Daily Mail on Tuesday.
Warner's meeting with the Disciplinary Committee will be his fourth trip to the FIFA docks in the last eight months.
The United National Congress (UNC) deputy political leader was found guilty of "a conflict of interest" and breaching FIFA's Code of Ethics in February by the Committee for Ethics and Fair Play after his personal stake in Simpaul Travel was exclusively revealed by the Express.
But, a month later, Warner escaped with a reprimand after the case was taken up by the FIFA Executive Committee.
Yesterday, Blatter said the Executive Committee was no longer the "right platform to deal with this case" and would not repeat the "mistake" made in its March 17 judgment, which absolved Warner.
But Blatter will not send Warner before the Committee for Ethics and Fair Play a second time on the grounds that its new English chairman, Lord Sebastian Coe, should only deal with future cases.
It is the Disciplinary Committee, which was accused of several cover-ups during Blatter's term, that was called into action. In addition, Blatter said Warner will only be called to answer for 180 World Cup tickets purchased with his credit card although Ernst & Young alleged that he had resold thousands more.
The Disciplinary Committee, chaired by Blatter's compatriot Marcel Mathier, knows Warner and the T&TFF well.
In 2002, Blatter passed another potentially damaging case to Mathier's body when Trinidadian Neville Ferguson was accused of impersonating a Haitian delegate at the 1998 FIFA elections that saw Blatter replace outgoing leader, Dr Joao Havelange.
But the Disciplinary Committee's report was not made public until March 2005 and the media was then told that a decision was taken in secret, 20 months earlier, and Ferguson had been "reprimanded".
Warner also has a friendly face on the Committee in the form of ex-Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) president Captain Horace Burrell. In Warner's recent biography, Burrell referred to his regional colleague as a man of "moral authority".
Burrell was accused of encouraging his former girlfriend, Vincy Jalal, to impersonate the same FIFA delegate in 1996. But neither Burrell nor Jalal-whose name was recorded in the official congress report-were sanctioned.
Although Blatter passed the responsibility to decide Warner's case elsewhere, he was bombarded with questions from journalists in Zurich yesterday.
One reporter asked why Blatter treated Warner differently to Botswana delegate, Ismail Bhamjee, who was immediately sent home from the 2006 World Cup after another media sting implicated the FIFA executive committee member in "touting" 12 match tickets at three times the face value. Bhamjee promptly resigned all his sporting posts.
Blatter insisted that Warner's case is different as the CONCACAF president is attempting to defend his position while Bhamjee admitted his wrongdoing.
"The Bhamjee case is a totally different case," said Blatter. "Mr Bhamjee readily admitted having done wrong. He admitted his guilt and he did not wait for a decision to be taken. But, in a very generous manner, he simply withdrew."
In contrast, Warner launched a counter-attack which claimed that he was a victim of Ernst & Young's "incomplete" and "fatally flawed" investigations.
Warner also insisted that his purchase of 180 tickets with his own credit card was done "under duress". (SEE ACCOMPANYING STORY)
Some reporters wanted to know why FIFA had only just gotten around to the matter if Ernst & Young briefed them "half a year ago". Had FIFA suppressed potentially damning information?
Blatter's responses were slow and lengthy, punctuated by long pauses. He claimed that he already planned to raise the matter with his executive committee yesterday. It was mere coincidence, he suggested, that the meeting took place just three days after Ernst & Young's report was leaked through the Mail newspaper.
"The general secretary (Urs Linsi) was taking care of this matter," said Blatter. "But, as I said, we wanted to present it now to the Executive Committee Furthermore, we wanted to give the information to the Executive Committee at the moment when the Executive Committee is meeting.
"We did not want to disclose certain information to all the members of the Executive Committee when it would have been the same result as you have now."
In Bhamjee's case, an Emergency Committee meeting was called on June 17 and he was promptly sent home. Blatter did not deny that he knew of Warner's alleged wrongdoing at the same time that he disciplined the African delegate.
Blatter insisted that his close political ties with Warner would not stop him from acting if the Trinidadian violated the principles of fair play. He then left it to another committee to take action.
"I decided, and the executive committee followed me, this will now be handed over to a body that will settle this matter," said Blatter. "And this will be done by the disciplinary committee, having available two documents which will enable it to start working and deal with this particular issue and will hopefully reach a conclusion very soon."
World Cup tickets purchased under duress.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).

Jack's conspiracy theory.

FIFA vice-president and Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) special adviser Jack Warner yesterday denied allegations of reselling 2006 World Cup tickets at four times the face value and suggested that he was set up by a combination of FIFA general secretary Urs Linsi, FIFA Ticket Office (FTO) official Jaime Byrom and accounting firm Ernst & Young.
Warner was accused by Ernst & Young, which was hired by FIFA to conduct an independent audit, of reselling a minimum of 5,400 tickets to tour operators, which violates at least four bylaws of the world governing body. The matter was yesterday passed to the organisation's Disciplinary Committee by FIFA president Sepp Blatter.
But Warner struck back with a 12-page document compiled by Chicago lawyer John Collins and his own Swiss attorney, Dr Mark Bruppacher, which claimed that he (Warner) was the victim of an "incomplete" and "fatally flawed" investigation by Ernst & Young.
Bruppacher insisted that Warner ordered only 81 tickets for the World Cup apart from those received on behalf of the T&TFF.
Warner also insisted that he purchased 180 World Cup tickets with his credit card-the crux of FIFA's investigations-under "duress" from Byrom and was suspicious of Linsi's role in the case.
Warner said he had no knowledge of tickets to tour operators for Japan, Mexico and England World Cup games, although his son, Daryan, signed to receive more than 100 tickets from the FTO. GTU Travel managing director Antonio Gallicchio also signed a statement on June 20. These tickets, according to Ernst & Young, turned up at a Miami firm named "Kick Sports", which then sold them on for four times the face value.
Ernst & Young further claimed that thousands of tickets were ordered with Warner's FIFA reference number.
Warner's attorney countered that the international accounting firm had "no evidence ( ) that Jack Warner was not aware of the purchase or distribution of those tickets".
Warner's claims of ignorance will be tested by e-mails sent by Daryan to FTO boss Enrique Byrom and copied to his father requesting 1,500 tickets (See below).
Bruppacher also did not elaborate on the fact that Ernst & Young auditors Peter Coats and Thomas Stenz admitted the report was incomplete only because Daryan did not meet their "information requests".
Still, Warner was on the offensive yesterday as he wondered how Ernst & Young completed a report on the same day that his credit card purchase was made.
"It strains credulity to believe that the timing of these events was merely coincidental," stated Warner's attorney.
Warner also had "concerns" about the actions of Linsi, the FIFA general secretary, and claimed that the Ernst & Young documents were "leaked" to English investigative journalist Andrew Jennings one day after Warner criticised the high-ranking FIFA official.
Linsi, he stated, had contacted Warner in connection with an alleged agreement reached between FIFA and Simpaul Travel.
Warner's case is the second ticket scandal involving a FIFA executive committee member to be heard since the 2006 World Cup.
African delegate Ismail Bhamjee admitted to selling 12 World Cup tickets at more than three times their value after being caught out by the press and was promptly sent home in June. He subsequently resigned all sporting posts.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 04:02:35 PM by Flex »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's conspiracy theory
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 11:40:50 AM »
Live by the sword, die by the sword Mr "Jackula". Jack Warner's dealings are just obscene and things like this eventually catch up with him. :cursing:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Liburd: Jack's conspiracy theory
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 11:45:41 AM »
"Look de smoke dey........it must be smoke??"

Nah is just Jackula up to he ole tricks again !! :devil: :devil:

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Re: Liburd: Jack's conspiracy theory.
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 07:50:10 PM »
i think Jack has been a victim of Identity-Theft..stolen credit card used to purchase WC tickets...sounds familiar eh?
yuh hear it from me first  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 11:42:33 PM »
Dis is de greatest.  Jackula (copyright Dutty) take WIN!!!  De man take action against "persons unknown".... :rotfl: :rotfl:

Warner takes action

Sunday, September 17th 2006

Source:  Trinidad Express
[/color]

FIFA vice-president Jack Warner has decided to take action following the leaking of a report that alleges his involvement in a World Cup ticketing scandal.

Warner believes he has been left with no choice but to bring these legal actions after the "biased and incorrect" reports were deliberately provided to the media.

He has instructed Swiss counsel (Bruppacher Hug & Partner of Zollikon, Switzerland) to bring charges for defamation, and to take action for violation of his personal rights, against persons unknown[/u] and in the environment of FIFA and the authors of the report, Ernst & Young. This action will be filed in Zurich, Switzerland.

Having initially become aware of the report and its erroneous findings through the media, Warner feels he has been left with no option but to seek legal recourse.

"I was shocked when I saw the report in the media and all the more shocked when I read the incorrect facts and conclusions it contained. The report is incomplete, biased, and wrong. Then this report was given to the media without anyone ever speaking to me or reviewing the documentary evidence which shows the errors in this report.

"While I would rather not have to take these actions, I am left with no choice but to do so, both to defend my name and investigate who is behind these deliberate acts against me."

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 11:52:19 PM »
Well hear nah.....how he go know if he have de right people??? :rotfl:
Jack too brilliant yes.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
I was set up over tickets, claims Trinidad official
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 06:22:42 AM »
I was set up over tickets, claims Trinidad official

Duncan Mackay
Tuesday September 19, 2006
The Guardian

Jack Warner has claimed he was set up by Fifa's general secretary, Urs Linsi, and the Fifa ticket office over allegations that he sold tickets for the World Cup in Germany at five times their face value. The controversial Trinidad & Tobago official, a vice-president of Fifa and one of president Sepp Blatter's closest allies, was accused last week by the auditors Ernst & Young of reselling a minimum of 5,400 tickets to tour operators, violating at least four of Fifa's bylaws. The case has been passed to a disciplinary panel that could expel him from the world governing body if they find him guilty.

But Warner has struck back with a 12-page document compiled by the Chicago lawyer John Collins and his own Swiss attorney Dr Mark Bruppacher, which claimed that he was the victim of an "incomplete" and "fatally flawed" investigation by Ernst & Young.

Bruppacher claimed Warner ordered only 81 tickets for the World Cup apart from those received on behalf of the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation. Warner also claimed he purchased 180 World Cup tickets with his credit card -under "duress" from Jaime Byrom, an official in Fifa's ticket office. Warner said he also had "concerns" about the actions of Linsi, who he alleges leaked the documents concerning the case to an English newspaper. He has instructed Bruppacher to bring charges for defamation, and to take action for violation of his personal rights, against persons unknown and in the environment of Fifa and Ernst & Young.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I was set up over tickets, claims Trinidad official
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 06:45:02 AM »
Jack Warner set up? He set up he self. "Under duress" - wow. "Concern" bout another man's actions - what about his own? Jack Warner is slowly becoming an embarrassment to T&T.

Jack Warner, I thank you for taking our football, and footballers and making them visible to the World, I thank you for giving CONCACAF some credibility, I applaud your tenacity throughout the years, but for God's sake please resign from T&T football ASAP.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 07:14:57 AM »
What de hell you mean by "slowly becoming an embarrassment...."?

He's ah damn embarrassment since at least 1989!!!
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 07:17:22 AM »
What de hell you mean by "slowly becoming an embarrassment...."?

He's ah damn embarrassment since at least 1989!!!

I stand corrected  ;D

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 10:46:44 AM »
As much as I rate JW for his unquestionable love for T&T football, there is just too much controversy surrounding this man.

All of this cannot be coincidence and set up.

He is starting to drag T&T name down the drain now with him.

I wonder what UNC thinking...but that is a whole new discussion on a different forum.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 11:32:16 AM »
People acting suprise.

Everybody know jack and FIFA as a whole have some dubious financial dealings.

There is a lot of money in football and no accountability.
Plus who do they answer to.

they do not fall under any government or any set of rules. They can do what they want and get away with it.

Jack confess to overselling Nov 19th tickets and he did not even get charged or provide a refund or sued or anything.

He doing the same thing just at a bigger level.

People talk about Warner being rich

Where did he get this money,

How much money do you think he gets paid.

All this money he put into trinidad football, where did that come from?
It is plain to see the money coming from FIFA

When you build a stadium and you hire your son to install computer in the stadium and you pay him big money, Is that illegal?

All of a sudden the whole family have big money, open all kind of business from Hotel down the line to travel agent and making big big money.

It may seem a bit unfair but it is probably not illegal.

Jack been doing these things since 1970's and he aint break a jail yet so chance are he aint go break a jail at all.

Forget Jack Warner he has more to do with Trinidad Fooball Past than he has to do with the future.
We done make the world cup which was the big goal.

What more he have to do?
I dont think he wasting much more money on Football.
he dont could not afford to pay bennie so we hire a low price assistant.
That should be a seen for all you cant see.

Jack is focused on his Political aspiration as you can tell by his recent party donations.

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 05:30:54 PM »
Do we hear Prime Minister Jack Warner in the near future? :angel:
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2006, 06:04:34 PM »

yeah if he buy he own little island

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 03:42:20 AM »

Wha de *&%!!!!!

Blasphemy!

Sacrilege!

Boy, go and say ten hail mary's and repent!
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 05:05:43 AM »

God help us all!!!....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>