April 25, 2024, 04:24:57 PM

Author Topic: Jack Warner exposed again.........  (Read 23160 times)

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack Warner exposed again.........
« on: September 12, 2006, 05:13:23 AM »
FIFA chief's World Cup ticket scam.
By: Daily Mail.
[/size]

One of FIFA’s most senior figures secretly set up deals to sell thousands of World Cup tickets worth millions of pounds — including 900 destined for England fans — on the black market, Sportsmail can reveal.
Vice-president Jack Warner flagrantly defied FIFA’s rules, but confidential auditors’ reports exposing his activities before and during the tournament have been suppressed.
Sportsmail has acquired the confidential reports produced for FIFA by auditors Ernst & Young revealing how Warner was allowed to amass a fortune trading in tickets for Germany 2006.
One report estimated he and son Daryan cleared a profit of at least £500,000 on 5,400 tickets for England, Mexico and Japan matches The lenient treatment of Warner — who controls 35 crucial votes that keep FIFA president Sepp Blatter in power — contrasts starkly with the fate of fellow executive committee member Ismail Bhamjee in June.
Caught selling a dozen World Cup tickets to English fans, Bhamjee was instantly expelled.
Kevin Miles, international co-ordinator for the Football Supporters’ Federation, said: ‘The black market in tickets was the big scandal at this World Cup. There is growing evidence that this corruption goes to the heart of FIFA.
‘Every ticket on the black market is a ticket that has been initially supplied by FIFA to someoneONE of FIFA’s most senior figures secretly set up deals to sell thousands of World Cup tickets worth millions of pounds — including 900 destined for England fans — on the black market, Sportsmail can reveal.
Vice-president Jack Warner flagrantly defied FIFA’s rules, but confidential auditors’ reports exposing his activities before and during the tournament have been suppressed.
Sportsmail has acquired the confidential reports produced for FIFA by auditors Ernst & Young revealing how Warner was allowed to amass a fortune trading in tickets for Germany 2006.
One report estimated he and son Daryan cleared a profit of at least £500,000 on 5,400 tickets for England, Mexico and Japan matches.
The lenient treatment of Warner — who controls 35 crucial votes that keep FIFA president Sepp Blatter in power — contrasts starkly with the fate of fellow executive committee member Ismail Bhamjee in June.
Caught selling a dozen World Cup tickets to English fans, Bhamjee was instantly expelled.
Kevin Miles, international co-ordinator for the Football Supporters’ Federation, said: ‘The black market in tickets was the big scandal at this World Cup. There is growing evidence that this corruption goes to the heart of FIFA.
‘Every ticket on the black market is a ticket that has been initially supplied by FIFA to someone more interested in making money than watching football. This parasitic profiteering at the expense of genuine fans has got to stop.’
The Warners began operations in June 2005, using their private Simpaul travel company in Trinidad to strike secret deals to sell thousands of packages of rooms and tickets to agents around the world.
FIFA turned a blind eye but were forced to act when the Trinidad media revealed last December that Warner charged huge mark-ups on Simpaul ticket-and-room packages.
FIFA’s ethics committee criticised Warner’s ticket deals, concluding he had abused his position to obtain personal benefits and failed to declare his business interests.
But in March the executive committee absolved him after he claimed he had severed connections with Simpaul.
In fact, Daryan Warner continued as managing director of Simpaul and Jack Warner’s personal assistant Patricia Modeste, who gave her address as Warner’s office in Port of Spain, remained company secretary.
Through Simpaul, the Warners secretly sold ‘England Packages’ to David Gambier of the Abingdon-based Sports World Group, guaranteeing 900 tickets for England’s first-round matches. Another deal was struck with Miami-based Soccer Travel to supply 1,500 tickets for Mexico’s initial games.
Then Simpaul contracted to supply an astonishing 3,000 tickets for Japan’s first three matches. Hotel rooms were booked through Florida-based Kick Sports Inc — who ordered additional tickets to sell in Europe. These middlemen began taking advances from customers as early as November 2005. Finally, the Warners struck another profitable deal to supply £1.7m worth of hotel rooms in Germany.
Ernst & Young obtained Daryan’s emails confirming details of various deals, all copied to his father.
Warner’s demands for tickets became so outrageous that the Manchester-based Byrom company, operators of FIFA’s ticket office, tipped off Ernst & Young, who had been appointed to monitor potentially suspicious deals.
Two Ernst & Young accountants twice interviewed Warner Jnr but he scoffed at their requests for detailed information required by the FIFA-Simpaul contract and said he would refuse to hand over documents.

Again FIFA took no action.

The auditors were called in again on June 20 when Swiss travel agent Antonio Gallicchio turned up at FIFA’s Berlin hotel, complaining he had not received all the 100 euro tickets that he was paying 400 euros for.
He revealed that on June 14 Warner Jnr collected 180 tickets, ordered by his father, from FIFA’s ticket office in Berlin and immediately handed them to Kick Sports.
The huge volume of tickets demanded by Warner rang alarm bells in FIFA’s ticket office and a further Ernst & Young report submitted on July 8 to FIFA listed another 292 tickets ordered and paid for by Warner Snr, then resold at huge profits.
They concluded: ‘Tickets (bought by) Jack Warner were transferred or resold into the secondary market in breach of 2006 World Cup ticketing general terms and conditions.’ Yet again FIFA did not act.
Warner Snr submitted a further demand for an astonishing 1,245 tickets for second-round matches. It was not fulfilled.
Four years ago Sportsmail alleged that Warner Snr had made a $350,000 profit selling World Cup tickets in 2002.
Last night, FIFA spokesman Andreas Herren declined to reveal how many tickets Warner Snr ordered or received or explain why the audit reports had been kept secret for so long. Herren claimed the matter would be discussed at this Friday’s executive committee meeting in Zurich at the request of Jack Warner — although there is no mention of it on the agenda published last week.

The confidential FIFA Ethics committee report on Warner plus two critical reports submitted by Ernst & Young can be downloaded at: www.transparencyinsport.org
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 05:23:16 AM by Flex »
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Warner exposed again.........
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 05:51:37 AM »
He really is suited to politics yes !

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 05:58:22 AM »
He have a right to want to run the UNC, curruption and boball, but the boldface version.... :devil:

Dis man is ah disgrace to TnT! Don't care how much he has done for TnT football. Nothing he does is without the GUARANTEE of making money for himself and his empire. And because he has Sepp Blatter in a vice grip, he will continue to get away with murder. The only way to stop him is if they ketch him doing something that police can actually arrest him for, that is outside the remit of FIFA rules or officials. I praying for dat day oui!
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 06:05:12 AM »
Oh yeah.. this is the First time we are hearing about such actions from our FIFA vice presidnet...
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 06:26:12 AM »
Sooner or later things go catch up with him.  It will be a sorry day for Trini football when he gone
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 06:31:44 AM »
Jackula strikes again! Who here says JW for UNC leader and eventually T&T Prime Minister raise yuh hand and sign yuh death warrant!  :-[
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 06:34:04 AM »
Sooner or later things go catch up with him.  It will be a sorry day for Trini football when he gone

Please explain!  ???
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 06:35:03 AM »
Jackula strikes again! Who here says JW for UNC leader and eventually T&T Prime Minister raise yuh hand and sign yuh death warrant!  :-[

Yuh understand! Boy de day dat happen, yuh might as well list the Treasury accounts as he personal bank account. We dead, dead, dead!
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 06:48:32 AM »

Please explain!  ???

It was a sarcastic remark to begin with.  De kinda money Jackula and others like him see every day is frightening.  Yes Jack did a lot for TnT football, but he gained more out of the deal and I think that is wrong. If Jack had put FIFA and TnT first and if he made some money on the side den that is oK.  What he did was bleed the system and he feel sorry for TnT football and he throw us a bone.  Could you imagine if someone of good quality and class was where Jack is today what could have happened???

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 06:59:17 AM »
the thing that does get me about JW is not the tiefing, but the level of greed and bold facedness...

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006, 07:26:39 AM »
This just shows that it  is not only Jack Warner but FIFA as well. They meaning FIFA are covering up the facts, the entire system is corrupt. They take action against a poor referee from one of the African Nations, too show the world they will not stand for corruption, but the big cheese does as he likes.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2006, 07:43:09 AM »
This just shows that it  is not only Jack Warner but FIFA as well. They meaning FIFA are covering up the facts, the entire system is corrupt. They take action against a poor referee from one of the African Nations, too show the world they will not stand for corruption, but the big cheese does as he likes.

Isn't this big business?  You see it everyday and because the small man isn't in a position (because he/she isn't high enough) to make a difference it is looked over and forgotten.  This is my problem, how do we as people make the change, when do we say enough is enough.  What we have to do is boycutt all football games and stop supporting teams etc.  This also leads to another problem, it isn't the body of the fish that is rotten, it's just the head.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2006, 10:01:42 AM »
the only method apart from boycotting games is exposing these poeople and maybe one day FiFA will find the weight of public exposure too much to bare .........one can only hope

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 10:18:50 AM »
Is it just me or was a large part of that article written twice ?

back to the matter at hand- the more times Jack gets exposed, the more and more likely I think he is to lose his position in FIFA- the man is an embarassment
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2006, 10:32:20 AM »
With anything it is all ECONOMICS.  Jackula know this all too well and he also knows that the supporters will not boycott anything so that is why he'll win in the end.  If the supporters can just hold strong and cut ties, make more noise on the public scene and send the word out to all the players that we are doing this for them, I think we might have a chance to make things right and better.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2006, 10:45:52 AM »
check jack's "insurance policy" i.e. why exposing him won't do a thing:

The lenient treatment of Warner — who controls 35 crucial votes that keep FIFA president Sepp Blatter in power — contrasts starkly with the fate of fellow executive committee member Ismail Bhamjee in June.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2006, 11:02:02 AM »
check jack's "insurance policy" i.e. why exposing him won't do a thing:

Another reason why the caribbean will never be represented by a single team .... Warner knows that 35 pieces is greater than the whole.... jack boasted on local radio that he would build the centre of excellence in T&T.... later we see what taking money from both sides could result in ...joint holders of the WC and a centre of excellence...
someone mentoned something about UNC...dem fellas eh even in Jack class ...  every rope has an end however ...
One day the proper engineers will get a chance to review the house that jack built !

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2006, 11:23:53 AM »
All yuh think the man from some African country who got expelled for selling those tickets did it for himself. Peter O'Connor talkin about honoring Jack. I agree with he own wing at Maximum Security.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2006, 11:28:37 AM »
the longest rope has an end. An Jack sprat near his  ;D ;D Jack should write a book named Thieving for dummies vol 1 to 12.
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2006, 11:29:07 AM »
All yuh think the man from some African country who got expelled for selling those tickets did it for himself. Peter O'Connor talkin about honoring Jack. I agree with he own wing at Maximum Security.

dont forget he was the TTFA President while jack was building his house. Someone should ask him what legacy he left during his tenure ! Now money sharing all dogs returnng to their own vomit !

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2006, 11:32:28 AM »
In the past, I thought that Jackula was de best thing for football in TnT.  Now I think that Jackula actually thinks he's a football god and he could do anything.  I guess I and everyone else who supported him is to blame for this.  I doh think the man have a sorry bone in his body when it comes to what he is doing, because he believes that he has done right by the country and players.  I doh know yes, the more I think about it, the more I get discouraged. ??? ??? ???

I have to talk to my uncle yes, de man write his book so I want to get his take on everything.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2006, 11:35:39 AM »
In the past, I thought that Jackula was de best thing for football in TnT.  Now I think that Jackula actually thinks he's a football god and he could do anything.  I guess I and everyone else who supported him is to blame for this.  I doh think the man have a sorry bone in his body when it comes to what he is doing, because he believes that he has done right by the country and players.  I doh know yes, the more I think about it, the more I get discouraged. ??? ??? ???

I have to talk to my uncle yes, de man write his book so I want to get his take on everything.

Your Uncle also was his biggest citic until that book deal ..... he is still meh pardner but he really disappoint me dere man >

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2006, 11:54:41 AM »

Your Uncle also was his biggest citic until that book deal ..... he is still meh pardner but he really disappoint me dere man >

I never got a copy of the book to read so I doh know, when I get ah chance I'll ask him to send me a copy.  I know he gave Jackula some good pressure back in the day but I doh know what change that nah.  I hope it wasn't money because he never was that type of guy.   ???

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fifa will look into illegal ticket sales
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2006, 03:11:37 PM »
ZURICH, Switzerland (AP) -- Soccer's governing body will look into alleged illegal ticket sales of nearly $1 million during the World Cup by Jack Warner, one of its senior officials.

According reports Tuesday in Britain's Daily Mail, FIFA vice president Warner of Trinidad and Tobago was involved in the sale of thousands of World Cup tickets on the black market, including to 900 England fans.

The Daily Mail reported it had obtained confidential reports produced by auditors Ernst & Young for FIFA revealing that Warner made at least $933,000 trading in World Cup tickets.

FIFA spokesman Andreas Herren confirmed the existence of the audit reports and denied that FIFA suppressed them. He said the executive committee would discuss the matter Friday in Zurich at Warner's request.

"In this case, such matters request very careful assessment in order to avoid prejudgement," Herren told The Associated Press. "Therefore, these reports were being treated as confidential."

Another senior FIFA official, executive committee member Ismail Bhamjee of Botswana, was sent home from the World Cup in Germany for ticket scalping. The 62-year-old Bhamjee sold 12 tickets for England's match against Trinidad and Tobago for $380. The tickets had a face value of $127.

It's not the first time Warner has been under scrutiny.

In February, he was cited by FIFA for an ethics violation over World Cup ticket sales. The only company selling tickets in Trinidad and Tobago, Simpaul, was a travel agency owned by Warner's family.

Previously, Trinidadian government officials alleged Warner used political contacts to secure stadium construction contracts at more than double their original cost.

from sportsillustrated.cnn.com

truetrini

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2006, 04:01:21 PM »
So allyuh want my opinion?

LOL!

I get all kinda cuss about my "hatred" for Jack de ripper Warner!

'Is business,"  "it normal,"  "he is ah trini and he parlay he influence." etc.  More and more Jackass excuses.

But he take we tuh de World Cup, he spend he own money tuh help we...blah, blah, blah!

It even have one man here who used tuh slam him, but den when he meet warner and give warner he cd, he find warner was ah cool tess.

weys......!

jack fuh UNC chairman and Jack fuh FIFA president.

Time fuh de Trinity Cross or whatever dey decide tuh call it now.

Give it tuh him!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Fifa will look into illegal ticket sales
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006, 04:10:43 PM »

FIFA spokesman Andreas Herren confirmed the existence of the audit reports and denied that FIFA suppressed them. He said the executive committee would discuss the matter Friday in Zurich at Warner's request.

Warner ask FIFA to investigate heself in de Simpaul's ting

Now he askin dem to investigate heself in dis ticket scandal

Now if dat eh a Modus Operandi..I eh know what is.

Dat come like when de police investigatin de police in a shootin matter involvin a member(s) of de public.   In dem situations, de poilce involved in de shootin does get leave wit FULL pay, counsellin, cleared of all charges, return to wuk like nutting happen...& who knows...maybe even get a promotion, and status quo prevails.

As fuh those who sayin Warner insurance policy is de 35 votes.....think again.  Yuh think if Jack go dem 35 votes go cease to exist?  Somebody else eh go rise up and control dem?

Jack Warner insurance policy is dat he know who else in high places in FIFA involved in doin de same tings he bin doin all de time...and if he goin down fuh doin dem tings, seein dat dey "supposed to be illegal"...he takin de whole lotta dem wit him.  Me eh blame him eedah.  Allyuh really tink is Jack alone doin dem tings?

Now DAT is a insurance policy.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 04:15:16 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline TTVillafan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 04:11:11 PM »
how come all these confidential documents being exposed...does the name lennart johanson ring a bell.
he is the man who lost to blatter because of jack pulling all the votes. i guess sour grapes have the man on a vendetta for sepp and jack. how come secret fifa files coming out. i doh have to be sherlock holmes to figure this out

truetrini

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 04:39:46 PM »
how come all these confidential documents being exposed...does the name lennart johanson ring a bell.
he is the man who lost to blatter because of jack pulling all the votes. i guess sour grapes have the man on a vendetta for sepp and jack. how come secret fifa files coming out. i doh have to be sherlock holmes to figure this out

How de arse Lennart involved in dis?  He have access tuh fifa files?  Or maybe he have ah part time wuk with de Auditors?

no yuh is not sherlock homes

yuh is ah bamsee....I eh jes figure out which one yet..which one is you again?

Left or right?

« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 04:42:07 PM by truetrini »

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2006, 04:44:41 PM »

How de arse Lennart involved in dis?  He have access tuh fifa files?  Or maybe he have ah part time wuk with de Auditors?

no yuh is not sherlock homes

yuh is ah bamsee....I eh jes figure out which one yet..which one is you again?

Left or right?

:rotfl: :rotfl: Welcome back

truetrini

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2006, 04:48:44 PM »
tuh me Jack Warner worse dan all dem drug using athletes..he bad fuh de sport ah football and is ah damn shame dat he is ah trini

1]; } ?>