April 27, 2024, 09:28:08 AM

Author Topic: World to see T&T Pro League  (Read 18081 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
World to see T&T Pro League
« on: September 28, 2006, 09:26:31 PM »
World to see T&T Pro League.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).

The T&T Pro League is aiming to have those people not going to local football to still be aware of what is going on, with the launch of a Trinidad and Tobago Pro League interactive internet website and T&T Pro League magazine.
The launch was timed to coincide with tonight's First Citizens Cup Final, one of the biggest competitions on the local football calendar. Although running for some time at ttproleague.com, the league's website has now been upgraded and will officially open today.
The new-look website is able to show round-by-round video clips on T&T Pro League football on demand and also to provided specific information and clips on players to interested parties such as talent scouts and overseas clubs. The Pro League hopes to market its competitions similar to European leagues.
In launching the website, Larry Romany, chairman of the T&T Pro League, described the introduction of its magazine and new website as an exciting phase and a continuation of the Pro League's efforts to build the local professional football league.
"The mission is to create a sustainable business model that will allow the nation's footballers and coaches the opportunity to use their God-given talent to earn an honest and decent living in pursuit of their passion," he said.
Romany also noted that the original website has had significant improvement in the amount of people visiting. From a high of 3,000 monthly hits two years ago, the Pro League website now attracts 170,000 visits per month. With new interactive functions such as chat sites and features, even further growth is expected. The website function will be further re-inforced by a bi-monthly website which the Pro League also launched yesterday. The magazine will have an initial circulation of 20,000 copies and will be distributed free to the public via newspapers and TTPost.
Pro League launches web site, magazine to partner with Digicel.
T&T Guardian Reports.
[/size]

The T&T Professional Football League marked another milestone in its development at the launch of its new web site and magazine at the Teak and Olive Room, Pier 1, Chaguaramas yesterday.
League chairman Larry romany came bearing gifts as he took members of the media and the league’s stakeholders through the new and improved www.ttproleague.com and the Pro League magazine.
Chief Executive Officer of the T&T Pro League, Dexter Skeene in introducing Romany noted that there was a lot going on behind the scenes of the country’s top league and the chairman did not disappoint.
When he took the helm in May 2003 Romany summed up the league’s main focus in one word “development.” This was set to “include involving intellect from the fields of marketing, public relations, event promotion and management as well as the legal and financial sector.”
Romany also mentioned that in order for the Pro League to be a success it must develop into a successful business enterprise that was self-sustaining.
“In order for this to happen, the league needs to take on the face of a professionally-run business that takes care of first of all its customers, the public and finally the shareholders, the clubs,” Romany said at the launch of the 2003 season.
He reiterated this pledge yesterday.
“When I came into the Pro League the focus was on long-term sustainability,” he began.
“We set about creating a brand and within six months of operation we saw a 25 percent increase in brand recognition.
“What is saw as more important was what was going on with the web site which went from 2000 to over 100,000 hits per month.
“But we wanted something that was ours,” drawing attention to the fact that there was mass plagiarism of the site’s format and information.
“Without the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs and more recently the Sport Company of T&T the Pro League would not be and though, we have this support we see 2006 as a year for self-sustainability,” Romany said.
The site is a good place to start.
The new multi-lingual ttproleague.com is a marked improvement on its predecessor while maintaining the elements that made it popular within the local and international football community.
Added to the news and feature stories, results and fixtures already available, the site now features an online store in which fans of the game can get the replica shirts of their favourite teams as well as view video of league matches online or on television and offers more advertising opportunities for the corporate sector.
Today’s First Citizen’s Cup final will be the first match aired live via the web site following the league’s recent acquisition of video equipment.
The League is presently in talks with two United States-based football television stations to have matches from the T&T league aired on their stations.
This streaming video capability allows for magnified scouting openings for local players as any international team wishing to see a local players can request that the league’s audio visual team focus on that player.
The web site also marks partnerships with Digicel, the details of which will be divulged at a later date, and Sports and Games. The Digicel sponsorship deal was sealed at 5pm on Wednesday.
Romany noted that, while the web site could stand up to any of its international counterparts, there was also a need to look into the other spheres of media and to this end the Media Properties Department was established.
Headed by long time T&T Pro League contributor Joel Villafana the department is staffed by enough journalists and photographers to fully cover every aspect of the league including all matches on every match day.
Twenty-thousand copies of the magazine will be distributed bi-monthly through TTpost and the national newspapers.
In a nod to the passion of the people that run the league Skeene ended the official part of the launch by thanking his staff singling out Julia Baptiste and Nicole Fuentes for special mention.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 02:55:46 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: World to see T&T Pro League
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 09:34:04 PM »
TT Pro League introduces New Media Technology
By Joel Villafana
September 28, 2006

The Trinidad and Tobago professional football league has taken a bold step into the world of new media technology, as it enters its next strategic phase towards the development of a sustainable business plan.

The TT Pro League launched its new website (ttproleague.com) and a new bi-monthly magazine on Thursday at Pier 1, where it was revealed by the League’s Chairman Larry Romany, that selected League matches can now be viewed live on the internet, starting with the First Citizens Cup Final on Friday 29, September at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium.

"The time has come for us to take local professional football to another level, the very first day I got involved with the Pro League, I envisioned this is the direction the local game needed to go, with this new website people all over the world, whether it be in Europe, North America, Asia or Africa will be able to log on live and view selected league matches," said Mr. Romany.

He confirmed, "This will now allow our local players to showcase their talent on the international market, foreign clubs and scouts, can now see our players week in week out as they ply their trade on local soil."

"We at the TT Pro League continue to strive to be on the cutting edge with, and this new interactive website will afford us the opportunity to keep up with the with the fast developing world of football." Romany continued, "In this dynamic fast developing global environment, if you stand still you will become obsolete, therefore the Pro League continues to strive to proactive and innovative."

The new website (ttproleague.com) allows current real time updates on all matches and activities related to the TT Pro League, it will also allow for interaction among football fans as there are chat rooms available, fans can now purchase Pro League team replicas online, as well as the new Pro League magazine.

The league is now accessible not only to local fans, but to the entire global village, including the Caribbean Diaspora

The League’s chairman went on to explain, "These new initiatives, the website and the League’s bi-monthly magazine are all part of the planned vision of the league. All of this falls under a department called Media Properties, and the intention is for the League to become a self-sustainable organization, as we move towards turning the league’s brand assets into sustainable revenue streams."

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 09:45:09 PM »
Excellent news.  I will be tuning in tomorrow to see that First Citizens Final between W Connection and North East Stars.  Hope they don't disappoint....not the teams...but the feed.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 11:13:43 PM »
Excellent news.  I will be tuning in tomorrow to see that First Citizens Final between W Connection and North East Stars.  Hope they don't disappoint....not the teams...but the feed.

Palos you sure it have ah feed? it sounded like we could get clips and news but ah feed? that would be great!!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 11:28:11 PM »
I too at first thought that it would have live feeds
on second reading
"The new website (ttproleague.com) allows current real time updates on all matches and activities related to the TT Pro League."
better dan nuttin ;)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 07:36:17 AM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 02:47:24 AM »
Well maybe all the poorly answered questions was because they didn't want to give SW.NET the heads up. Well at least they are doing something progressive. Lets hope they continue to improve in the future.

Congrats TTProleague.com  :applause: :applause:

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 03:54:20 AM »
so when they going to change the dam names of team ?

When they have St. Ann's Mad Men vs Mayaro Oilers

I going !
in fact I going to start a topic now
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 05:39:30 AM »
This is great news. However, ah want tuh see de actual implementation/execution and if it will be sustained.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 07:24:45 AM »
The site eh launch yet

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 07:52:03 AM »
Fantastic news, it shows the difference between a well run organisation, the TTproleague , and the shit outfit called TTFF. Hats off to you Larry, another saints boy showing what leadership is all about.

Offline Girl Warrior

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 07:54:59 AM »
The site eh launch yet

Within 5 days the changes will be implemented
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall... Che Guevara

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2006, 08:05:59 AM »
Mrs Nicole Fuentes told me about this a while now. I am happy it finally materalized.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2006, 08:11:03 AM »

Palos you sure it have ah feed? it sounded like we could get clips and news but ah feed? that would be great!!

Today’s First Citizen’s Cup final will be the first match aired live via the web site following the league’s recent acquisition of video equipment.

I made my statement based on de above.  Guess I'll find out when ah try and tune een.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Great NEws about tonite's game
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2006, 08:24:08 AM »
Just spoke with Larry Romany. The interactive portion of the proleague woulb be on stream by this afternoon. You will be getting live streaming feed and guess what? This is all free for the rest of the year.

So I hope you guys would log in later and watch the finals live.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2006, 08:31:41 AM »
Its coming live the streaming portion would be on by later today. What we are getting now when we go onto the site is the old site.When you log on tonite you will be directed to the new site.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Great NEws about tonite's game
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2006, 08:54:06 AM »
Just spoke with Larry Romany. The interactive portion of the proleague woulb be on stream by this afternoon. You will be getting live streaming feed and guess what? This is all free for the rest of the year.

Thanks very much sub1.  GREAT NEWS!!!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2006, 08:57:23 AM »
Great News... I will check it out...
Thanx

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2006, 09:15:55 AM »

Give thanks Sub1... can you post the time, if known, of this afternoon's game. As well as the official site.

Again give thanks for info. :D :D
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2006, 09:17:22 AM »
where is the link for the stream please ? i just went to the site ttproleague.com, but didn't see it. Or is it that, it not on yet. I just understood it's not streaming as yet. Please help.  

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2006, 09:23:44 AM »
where is the link for the stream please ? i just went to the site ttproleague.com, but didn't see it. Or is it that, it not on yet. I just understood it's not streaming as yet. Please help.  

The site will come (pun intended) on stream this afternoon. When you log on to the proleague site later today you will be directed to the new site. There you will have the interactive option and will be able to stream live..yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... .......

Btw....Game starts at 8:30 TT time

Offline Girl Warrior

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2006, 09:30:57 AM »

Give thanks Sub1... can you post the time, if known, of this afternoon's game. As well as the official site.

Starworld Strikers vs. Jabloteh - 6pm
North East Stars vs. Connection - 8:30pm

btw Toyota Cup starts next week!
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall... Che Guevara

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2006, 09:46:03 AM »
These days you blink too long you does miss everything. These people real nice, they wait just when i lose mih internet connection to do this kind of thing. Now I have to find a public place that allow me to use internet at midnight  >:(

Anyway very good initiatie from the proleague. There is hope yet  :applause:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2006, 09:51:51 AM »

Starworld Strikers vs. Jabloteh - 6pm
North East Stars vs. Connection - 8:30pm

btw Toyota Cup starts next week!

Thanks Warrior ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2006, 10:15:22 AM »
Ah wonder if de game still on as a result of today's earthquake?

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2006, 10:36:44 AM »
There should be a special location on the SW.net for LIve Feeds and Match Casts..

« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 12:18:43 PM by trinbago »
Warrior For Life !!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2006, 12:52:16 PM »
Fantastic news, it shows the difference between a well run organisation, the TTproleague , and the shit outfit called TTFF. Hats off to you Larry, another saints boy showing what leadership is all about.

Yeah this is great to hear. Now the CONCACAF site needs to step up and get closer to UEFA's standard. Right now there are no updates on there until the next day at least.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2006, 02:35:09 PM »
Great news,will tune in come later tonight,anyone could remind me who pacheco playing for......

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2006, 03:42:12 PM »
It's now 5:42 pm TT time.  I just went to www.ttproleague.com and I still have the same website as before.  No link to forward me anywhere to the proposed new site.  Any updates from the insiders?  Sub1...Kingman?? 

Thanks

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2006, 03:57:41 PM »
It's now 5:42 pm TT time.  I just went to www.ttproleague.com and I still have the same website as before.  No link to forward me anywhere to the proposed new site.  Any updates from the insiders?  Sub1...Kingman?? 

Thanks

boy i was so looking foward to this like i get setup
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 04:00:54 PM by triniman »

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2006, 04:00:45 PM »
i just try to log on too...same old site....hopefully close to 8:30 it will work

1]; } ?>