April 19, 2024, 07:30:34 AM

Author Topic: Hackett resigns as North East coach.  (Read 2697 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hackett resigns as North East coach.
« on: October 03, 2006, 08:22:13 PM »
Hackett resigns as North East coach.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).

North East Stars incumbent head coach Miguel Hackett has officially tendered his resignation from the Sangre Grande based club. Club Manager Daryl Mahabir confirmed the resignation, he told ‘ttproleague.com’, "Miguel sent in his resignation this morning to the club and we knew that this decision was in the making for some time. From his illness to now he has been hardly with the team and it was just the matter of the time before he would decide to move on. I just thought he would have stayed for the rest of the season, but we wish him all the best."
"Based on his health issue for the past three months, that’s when we started loosing consistency and we had to do something about it. I decided to then add Everald ‘Gally’ Cummings to the coaching staff.
"We have had good relations with Hackett and showed leniency towards him for the seven months he has been with the club and he was involved with his old club Crab Connection on his off days."
When asked if ‘Gally’ would take over as head coach, Mahabir was quick to respond, "Yes definitely, he will take over as head coach of our team.
‘Gally’ proved himself to us when he took the team into the final of the First Citizens Cup. We hope he can continue to motivate the team and we can give a good account of ourselves at the end of the season," ended the North East Owner.
‘Ttproleague.com’ contacted coach Hackett and he said, "I think it’s best for me to move on, mainly because of my medical problems and secondly, I didn’t get the support that I needed as coach from Management and the Technical Staff of the club."
"We have been missing key players in our recent games to international duties and the results are blamed on the coach. At one time we were without five starters and even in the First Citizens Final we were without key players like Shandell Samuel and Kendall Velox."
"However, they have a good man in ‘Gally’ and he is already getting full attention and the support he needs. If only I had that support things might have been different for me at the club. I wish them all the best in the future and no hard feelings to the Management or Technical staff."
"I will still be involved in football by assisting my former club Crab Connection in the Super League," and Hackett made it clear, "this is not my reason for leaving North East Stars."
This was Hackett’s first stint as head Coach of a Pro League team. He was the assistant coach to Errol Mc Farlene in 1999 with the Defence Force when they won the League Title.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 02:42:40 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Hackett resigns as North East Coach
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 08:49:05 PM »
This is the level that Gally needs to focus at right now. I don't mean it in a malicious way but one reason I was excited about the proleague was that I thought it would give a chance for the pie to get bigger for jealous, marginalized, envious but talented coaches to find a wok and give the national coach job a break especially if they knew that was out of their league. So the Issas, Gallys, St, Clairs, Najjars, Vidales, Look Loys and strike Squad players-turn-coaches and fresh-outta-school-with-certificate coaches could prove something first then earn promotion to national, maybe as assistant like Anton.

I was disappointed at first that all Gally could do was coach Starworld. Is true he likes south teams but I thought he could get a more high profile team wiyh his pedigree. North East is just right for him as they are going places, and he will help them. However he is showing too much pettiness to deserve a national call. Sorry buh dais how I see it.

Gally I still appreciate what you have done for the Strike Squad but your tabanca has affected you in a disturbing way although it is true that Jackula has marginaliaed you and you've been humiliated. But you have to take SOME blame too. Don't pull down a good coach just to make room for yuhself. We not tolerating the character assassination of Beenie ok? So cut it out and cool yuhself
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hackett resigns as North East Coach
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 02:47:27 PM »
This is the level that Gally needs to focus at right now. I don't mean it in a malicious way but one reason I was excited about the proleague was that I thought it would give a chance for the pie to get bigger for jealous, marginalized, envious but talented coaches to find a wok and give the national coach job a break especially if they knew that was out of their league. So the Issas, Gallys, St, Clairs, Najjars, Vidales, Look Loys and strike Squad players-turn-coaches and fresh-outta-school-with-certificate coaches could prove something first then earn promotion to national, maybe as assistant like Anton.

I was disappointed at first that all Gally could do was coach Starworld. Is true he likes south teams but I thought he could get a more high profile team wiyh his pedigree. North East is just right for him as they are going places, and he will help them. However he is showing too much pettiness to deserve a national call. Sorry buh dais how I see it.

Gally I still appreciate what you have done for the Strike Squad but your tabanca has affected you in a disturbing way although it is true that Jackula has marginaliaed you and you've been humiliated. But you have to take SOME blame too. Don't pull down a good coach just to make room for yuhself. We not tolerating the character assassination of Beenie ok? So cut it out and cool yuhself

Very good post. Much the same way I feel. Especially the part in bold......

Escept the part about being assistant to Anton. I think you were ment to put a  ;D after that statement. Anton is quite frankly Anton is not in their league.

1]; } ?>