April 26, 2024, 10:51:31 AM

Author Topic: Jamaica Observer: Better Boyz !  (Read 14841 times)

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jamaica Observer: Better Boyz !
« on: October 04, 2006, 07:26:37 PM »
After being eliminated from the Gold Cup, Jamaica has called back their big-guns and are going all-out for the victory. I must find somewhere to watch this match:

Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Better Boyz!

Overseas-based players strengthen squad for Canada game
BY ANDREW HANCEL Observer staff reporter

Following their shock first-round exit from the Digicel Caribbean Cup, Jamaica's interim head coach Carl Brown is confident his players will turn things around in a return-leg friendly against Canada at the National Stadium on Sunday.
Brown was speaking yesterday at the team's first training session at Boys' Town Sport Complex after the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) had earlier named a 25-man squad for the contest.
Overseas-based players Claude Davis, Omar Daley and Khari Stephenson were at Collie Smith Drive yesterday, where an upbeat Brown said it was just a matter of fine-tuning and identifying the starting 11 for Sunday's game.
'We expect them (Canada) to be stronger than the last time when we last played them, but. we should also have a stronger squad, and particularly. our attack. will be much stronger than the last couple of games. so I expect a good result from this game,' Brown said.
Jamaica's squad has been significantly strengthened with the inclusion of 11 foreign-based players, after the mostly local-based squad finished behind Haiti and St Vincent and the Grenadines in Group D of the regional competition.
With the inclusion of experienced strikers Ricardo Fuller, Luton Shelton and Teafore Bennett, plus midfielder Jermaine Hue coming in, Brown will definitely have a better and more balanced squad.
Davis and Damion Stewart are expected to keep things tight in defence.
All the overseas players are heavily involved in their respective leagues and with this in mind, it should not be a difficult task preparing the Reggae Boyz, who will be hoping to exact revenge on the North Americans, having lost 1-0 in Montreal on September 4.
'No I don't believe that it would be difficult. As I said, most of the players we know here, it's really not new players. it's just about fitting them, look what we have and how quickly they settle down, and hopefully by Thursday we'll know exactly the team we want to play on Sunday,' said Brown.
According to Brown, he is not feeling any pressure, but the players will certainly want to lift the moral of the country's football with a solid victory against the Canadians.
Meanwhile, Brown told the Observer that regular captain and goalkeeper Donovan Ricketts, along with Jermaine Johnson, would be unavailable.

Copyright© 2000-2001 Jamaica Observer

Offline Bricktop

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica Observer: Better Boyz !
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 07:30:06 PM »
Old news. Most of those players mentioned are not coming again. Dem a defend dollars not what GOD tell dem fi do  ;D

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 07:33:09 PM »
What is the deal with Ricardo Gardener?  He has not played a game for Bolton this season, but I saw that he was still part of the club.  Is he injured?  At the end of last season, there was talk that some of the bigger clubs in the Premiership were looking at him but no moves were made in the off-season.

Blessings.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bricktop

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 07:34:42 PM »
What is the deal with Ricardo Gardener?  He has not played a game for Bolton this season, but I saw that he was still part of the club.  Is he injured?  At the end of last season, there was talk that some of the bigger clubs in the Premiership were looking at him but no moves were made in the off-season.

Blessings.
He had knee surgery won't be back for a little while.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 07:35:14 PM »
Guess its not only Trinidad getting pushback from foreign clubs for player releases...although we now in FIFA window for release of players.

When will this ever change.

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 07:49:08 PM »

Derosario and Jazic will not be attending for Canada.  Neither were released by their clubs (MLS).

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 05:48:24 AM »
COME ON CANADA!

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 08:22:03 AM »

Is this game being shown on TV in Jamaica ?

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 08:54:24 AM »

Is this game being shown on TV in Jamaica ?
I doubt it. It will probably be tape delay on TVJ SPORTS NETWORK later in the night.
jjbrown

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 08:58:44 AM »
Yuh mean to tell me de Fox sucker channel yuh always sellin aint even showin a jamaican game in jamaica?

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bricktop

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 09:17:59 AM »
Yuh mean to tell me de Fox sucker channel yuh always sellin aint even showin a jamaican game in jamaica?

In civilized countries you have this thing called BLACKOUT. It maximises profits  ;D

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 09:30:27 AM »

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Jamaica already had 2 exclusive SPORTS CHANNELS here. CVM PLUS which has been transmitting for about 5 years in the urban areas and TVJ SPORTS NETWORK which started transmitting at midnight June 10, 2006 for the entire nation. The second day of the 2006 World Cup. ;D ;D  Maybe this is the reason why FOX SOCCER CHANNEL came a few months later and wants to make FOX SOCCER CHANNEL JAMAICA part of their worldwide family. Obviously, FOX SOCCER did thier research and found out that the brand name Jamaica and the REGGAE BOYZ sells. ;D
So far, I have been watching TVJ SN with their digital and audio quality more than SPORTSMAX. Thru TVJ SN we have seen all the World Cup matches, the Stanford 20/20 Cricket and a select NPL match of the day on Sundays live. Plus, since the start of the American NFL, which is not my sports, two games are shown live. And we are just talking about 2006. ;D ;D
Now tell me how many exclusive sports channels T&T can call their own? ???  
jjbrown

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2006, 09:33:25 AM »

In civilized countries you have this thing called BLACKOUT. It maximises profits  ;D

really? how does that work exactly?...a live game with live advertisements will generate LESS viewers...than a taped game where everybody already knows the score??

I see your grasp of economics is slightly worse than geography
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bricktop

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2006, 09:34:19 AM »

Trinidad & Tobago Checkers Association (President: Kenrick Hall, tel. 673-3272)  ;D

P.S. Where do you TRINI's get theses names? BERRIS, KENRICK  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Bricktop

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 09:38:18 AM »

really? how does that work exactly?...a live game with live advertisements will generate LESS viewers...than a taped game where everybody already knows the score??

Okay sporty spice if the game isn't shown live then you have to go to the stadium to watch it hence gate receipts increase and refreshment sales increase. When are they gonna show the advertisements during time outs? Why are NFL games blacked out in the city the game is being held unless a certain amount of tickets are sold or do they also not have a grasp of economics? These S AMERICANS I tell you  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 09:39:56 AM by Bricktop »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 09:40:09 AM »

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Jamaica already had 2 exclusive SPORTS CHANNELS here. CVM PLUS which has been transmitting for about 5 years in the urban areas and TVJ SPORTS NETWORK which started transmitting at midnight June 10, 2006 for the entire nation. The second day of the 2006 World Cup. ;D ;D  Maybe this is the reason why FOX SOCCER CHANNEL came a few months later and wants to make FOX SOCCER CHANNEL JAMAICA part of their worldwide family. Obviously, FOX SOCCER did thier research and found out that the brand name Jamaica and the REGGAE BOYZ sells. ;D
So far, I have been watching TVJ SN with their digital and audio quality more than SPORTSMAX. Thru TVJ SN we have seen all the World Cup matches, the Stanford 20/20 Cricket and a select NPL match of the day on Sundays live. Plus, since the start of the American NFL, which is not my sports, two games are shown live. And we are just talking about 2006. ;D ;D
Um speaking of bursting bubbles

Lets try a real life scenario...Jamaica has CVM and TVJ competing against one another taking market share of a small market.....what is it exactly 10% of people own tvs's??  ;D ;D

so the third competitor goes to fox sports and says "could we pay a pittance to pilfer your signals?"

Fox sports says "sure we will be happy to take your money to show foreign content to your people"

Thus fox sucker channel is born....fox sucker channel cant even show their own team in a friendly...but I'm sure the foreign games will look great....y'know while you listen on the radio to the thrashing canada will inflict upon the reggae gyirlz..dem  ;D ;D

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 09:42:14 AM »

Okay sporty spice if the game isn't shown live then you have to go to the stadium to watch it hence gate receipts increase and refreshment sales increase. When are they gonna show the advertisements during time outs?

I guess youve never seen a live world cup game on tv then

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2006, 09:43:25 AM »

Trinidad & Tobago Checkers Association (President: Kenrick Hall, tel. 673-3272)  ;D

P.S. Where do you TRINI's get theses names? BERRIS, KENRICK  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

As  opposed to Eggerton, Everton and Barrington?

Offline Bricktop

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2006, 10:13:13 AM »
I guess youve never seen a live world cup game on tv then
??? You can't be this daft can you?

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2006, 10:29:47 AM »

Um speaking of bursting bubbles

Lets try a real life scenario...Jamaica has CVM and TVJ competing against one another taking market share of a small market.....what is it exactly 10% of people own tvs's??  ;D ;D

so the third competitor goes to fox sports and says "could we pay a pittance to pilfer your signals?"

Fox sports says "sure we will be happy to take your money to show foreign content to your people"

Thus fox sucker channel is born....fox sucker channel cant even show their own team in a friendly...but I'm sure the foreign games will look great....y'know while you listen on the radio to the thrashing canada will inflict upon the reggae gyirlz..dem  ;D ;D
Read my post carefully again about CVM PLUS and TVJ SN then answer my question about T&T sports networks since T&T have more money than Jamaica.
jjbrown

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2006, 10:31:55 AM »

Wowww alyuh guys lucky in Jamaica dred, 2 sports channels??? All you all have to do now is learn to win some games and then you'll be kings of the earth...But its good to know that the players have 2 sports channels to watch and learn how REAL players from other parts of the world play REAL football....Not d Kinda Mickey mouse football they does currently play.... 8)  
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2006, 10:54:36 AM »

Wowww alyuh guys lucky in Jamaica dred, 2 sports channels??? All you all have to do now is learn to win some games and then you'll be kings of the earth...But its good to know that the players have 2 sports channels to watch and learn how REAL players from other parts of the world play REAL football....Not d Kinda Mickey mouse football they does currently play.... 8)  
The REGGAE BOYZ will be back after Jamaica has gotten rid of Clueless Creston and his administration. The positive that St. Vincent has done is to make the ball start rolling. At present, 7 of the overseas REGGAE BOYZ are here in Jamaica training for the Canada friendly.     
jjbrown

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2006, 11:05:23 AM »

first he questioning we comprehension skills then he talking bout civilised countries and if that wasn't bad enough he talking bout Trini names all while he arguing bout Jamaican football

all yuh Jamaican really good yes

Més que un club.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2006, 11:07:46 AM »

The REGGAE BOYZ will be back after Jamaica has gotten rid of Clueless Creston and his administration. The positive that St. Vincent has done is to make the ball start rolling. At present, 7 of the overseas REGGAE BOYZ are here in Jamaica training for the Canada friendly.     

You know Canada going an kick allyuh ass too right ;D ;)
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2006, 11:15:27 AM »

Alyuh will be BACK....from Wha??? R.G was never no where in the football world, people only know bout Jamaica team cuz a Bob Marley, Weed, and Tourism...is not cuz alyuh was ever good in football...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: D man say dey go be BACK yes...good one pal... :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Bricktop

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2006, 11:24:24 AM »

Alyuh will be BACK....from Wha??? R.G was never no where in the football world, people only know bout Jamaica team cuz a Bob Marley, Weed, and Tourism...is not cuz alyuh was ever good in football...
How many games TRINIFAG and TOGAYBO win in the World Cup again? :challenge:

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2006, 11:28:53 AM »

How many games did Jamaica play in this last world cup again? ;) :beermug: :rotfl:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2006, 11:30:19 AM »
The thing went sour as soon as Bricktop arrived. He has been deliberately antagonistic in an effort to provoke immature responses.The discussion has descended into intractable abyss of tripe. It will get even worse if we continue to indulge him.

Ultimately, I feel sorry for the lad. His national team has recently hit rock bottom. A once justified claim of Caribbean supremacy has now been proven to dubious in the extreme. The emotional ramifications of which are being displaced on our beloved forum. The facts as presented do not afford him the opportunity to give piccong of any sort. Yet he proceeds nonetheless. It seems that the anger and pain of it all have impaired his better sensibilities, if ever he had any.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2006, 11:33:10 AM »
The thing went sour as soon as Bricktop arrived. He has been deliberately antagonistic in an effort to provoke immature responses.The discussion has descended into intractable abyss of tripe. It will get even worse if we continue to indulge him.

Ultimately, I feel sorry for the lad. His national team has recently hit rock bottom. A once justified claim of Caribbean supremacy has now been proven to dubious in the extreme. The emotional ramifications of which are being displaced on our beloved forum. The facts as presented do not afford him the opportunity to give piccong of any sort. Yet he proceeds nonetheless. It seems that the anger and pain of it all have impaired his better sensibilities, if ever he had any.

:applause: :applause:
rather than let the thread dive into arguing off topic jus ignore and keep posting in relation to the topic please!
Back in Trini...

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2006, 11:36:07 AM »

I rather loose some games buy a tiny margin, dan to win one against a jokey side and get a BAG a goals from d other teams.....Alyuh was d laughin stock of France 98....While we were one of the surprise teams of Germany 06...Not that we won any games, but it was expected that we would ah get roll over by d other teams but we showed the world dat we werent a walk over, can't say d same for Jam in 98...

1]; } ?>