April 18, 2024, 12:43:22 AM

Author Topic: Decriminalize it!  (Read 1133 times)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Decriminalize it!
« on: December 23, 2019, 01:03:22 PM »
I glad that they decriminalize the ganja. Not because of the obvious. But now the gov't can put more resources into fighting crime. Plus the petty ganja charge was clogging up the judicial system.

But I feel the gov't might be overlooking a huge opportunity to cash in and grow the economy. What TT go do when the oil run out? I quote a Canadian rap artist "marijuana to save the world economy". Some truth. .

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Decriminalize it!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 06:40:27 AM »
I glad that they decriminalize the ganja. Not because of the obvious. But now the gov't can put more resources into fighting crime. Plus the petty ganja charge was clogging up the judicial system.

But I feel the gov't might be overlooking a huge opportunity to cash in and grow the economy. What TT go do when the oil run out? I quote a Canadian rap artist "marijuana to save the world economy". Some truth. .

I am glad it is decriminalized, but I have some reservations. While I agree that there is definite opportunity for export, there will be heavy competition. Almost every country can grow it. Some obviously has more advantages than others. But let us see how the first year pans out with legalization.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 04:27:01 PM »

I am glad it is decriminalized, but I have some reservations. While I agree that there is definite opportunity for export, there will be heavy competition. Almost every country can grow it. Some obviously has more advantages than others. But let us see how the first year pans out with legalization.

Yeah. It not necessarily about growing to smoke. There are a range of products that can be made from it. We've only scratched the surface on the possibilities to transform the economy by creating a very green friendly industry.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 09:31:46 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/H3csunjmliU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/H3csunjmliU</a>

1]; } ?>