March 29, 2024, 07:40:25 AM

Author Topic: TTFF invites players to meeting.  (Read 8766 times)

TTFF invites players to meeting.
« on: October 10, 2006, 03:28:28 PM »
TTFF invites players to meeting.

To: Dennis Lawrence, Stern John & Brent Sancho
Cc: Sam Phillip, Manager, Team Trinidad & Tobago
Subject: Third advice to honour the meeting requested

Dear Sirs,

We are nonplussed by the fact that none of the players or designated representatives has, up to this time, 3:50pm, responded to our invitation , agreed to by you, to view and discuss The Soca Warriors sponsorship contracts which, solely as a result of your initiative, became a public issue since Friday last.
Ms Cheryl Abrams and I waited interminably yesterday, before being advised via telephone by Captain Dwight Yorke that he could no longer keep the appointment on Monday October 9th 2006. In any event, Mr Yorke indicated that he was returning to London and Messrs Stern John, Dennis Lawrence and Brent Sancho would represent the aggrieved players at a meeting we agreed should take place at noon today.
Again, Ms Abrams and I waited through noon and indeed, until 3:50 pm without so much as the courtesy of a telephone call from any player, indicating that you would not be coming for discussions (as per the assurance given us by Mr Yorke).
This inexplicable unwillingness to meet with us on an issue publicly raised by you puts the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) in a rather invidious position, since your media exposure last Friday makes us out as the villain and, after repeated requests to resolve the matter around the table, you are yet to show up or communicate a reason for your absence.
In the interest of finding resolution, we are again appealing to you to meet with us at our offices at 43 Dundonald St, Port of Spain at 10:00am tomorrow, Wednesday October 11th, 2006, in the hope of bringing closure to this unsavory development in our relationship with the players.
Please advise by the swiftest possible means of communication if you plan to attend tomorrow's meeting, our third such attempt to hold discussions with you, so that we may have ready all the documentation necessary to advance our determination to amicably resolve this matter.

Sincerely,
Richard Groden,
TTFF General Secretary
cc: Sam Phillip,Team Manager
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 05:16:11 PM by Flex »

Offline Patterson

Re: TTFF invites players to meeting
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 03:31:20 PM »
I guess TTFF saying the players mek we look bad so two could play that game
interesting...........well i guess we'll hear the players side of de story
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 03:33:53 PM by Patterson »

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 03:32:17 PM »
Maybe dey want to talk to JW and not boneless, teethless people ???

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 03:33:50 PM »
good to see something coming out of the TTFF. bye the bye- who si sam phillip? I thought the team manager was Bruce AAnansen ???

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 03:52:31 PM »
good to see something coming out of the TTFF. bye the bye- who si sam phillip? I thought the team manager was Bruce AAnansen ???

He lef de wuck..  Collected his 250 k and ride.. Like he had enough

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 03:57:20 PM »
TTFF are continuously f**king up all the hard work of the players and the fans themselves in reviving the football scene in T&T.

Now that it looks more so than ever were gunna establish ourselves at the top of Concacaf they have to pull this nonesense.

Its general corruption and im quite frankly disgusted by the way Richard Gordon has the nerve to call our players "delinquents."

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 04:10:57 PM »
De same way Warner does want to use de TTFF site to fight his own battles, and try and "shame" people (last time was de government), now dis backside doing de same ting.

When yuh here de shout, de players will say they didn't know nothing bout no meeting today. Steups! Yuh dunno what really going on, but I quicker believe de players than de stinkin TTFF!

Attraction of all Three of them at once …

Offline benedicts bwoy

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 04:14:17 PM »

He lef de wuck.. Collected his 250 k and ride.. Like he had enough

True, he did leave de wuk afta Daryn Warner sen him ah shit-up email before de trip to Germany.

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 05:06:58 PM »
TTFF are continuously f**king up all the hard work of the players and the fans themselves in reviving the football scene in T&T.

Now that it looks more so than ever were gunna establish ourselves at the top of Concacaf they have to pull this nonesense.

Its general corruption and im quite frankly disgusted by the way Richard Gordon has the nerve to call our players "delinquents."

You said it Bro. >:(

Re: TTFF invites players to meeting.
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 05:43:54 PM »
Armmm Would the players not have training......??
Where would they find the time for meeting today and how the hell they could be in meeting 10:00 tomorrow...Game Day !!!

Tell me allyuh ent realise something fishy....

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 05:49:47 PM »
Training or not dey have a right to at least call and say dey cyah make it instead of just not showing up. De question is did they really know about de meeting? I go reserve judgement until everything done and de full story come out in de wash.

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 07:59:25 PM »
From what I hear they say they make the deal with the devil ie Jack and they want to deal with the devil not one of his Imps Groden.

As 4 a 10 am meeting better he say 10 pm after the game not before. The fact that they can schedule a meeting of this importance on game day tells me that they should not even be in charge of the inter form competition in my school which is now dormant. They cyah even revamp that.

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 08:12:17 PM »

If the players want to meet at a different time then just send a reply and cc it to the Guardian, Express, SW.net, Newsday, Jennings, Fifa, Bush, Manning, the Pope and Al Sharpton.

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 10:37:13 PM »
So why the hell TTFF reps did not go to the stadium  where they training to meet the players if they are so intent on ending the feud!!!!????

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2006, 10:47:07 PM »
So why the hell TTFF reps did not go to the stadium  where they training to meet the players if they are so intent on ending the feud!!!!????
And why would they want to do that ???

That would be to hard. They would need to find out what time training was and arrange transport to and from the stadium at great cost to the TTFF. Then they would have to book an office or something at the stadium to hold these talks......and don't forget the refreshments $$$$$$$

Add that to the expences and deduct that from the players as well. They go end up getting $5.

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2006, 10:57:13 PM »
That would be to hard. They would need to find out what time training was and arrange transport to and from the stadium at great cost to the TTFF.

They could hire Simpaul's to arrange the transport but it will cost $30000 excluding gas.

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 05:16:32 AM »
oh geed!! you guys making me laugh too much this early morning :rotfl: :rotfl:

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 05:32:11 AM »

Looks to me like the TTFF trying to pull rank with the players and don't even appreciate that today is game day!

As Grskywalker said why don't they go meet the players where they are training before or after they train and resolve the matter if they serious?!

Our Warriors need to get ready for Panama today but is like the TTFF don't seem to appreciate this!

Use yuh sense nah TTFF? Why do you continue to do things that will have a negative impact on our team's preparation? Why?!  ???

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2006, 10:29:21 AM »
Saw on the noon news today that the TTFF did in fact meet with the players this morning.

Game still on as scheduled, but no further details as to what was discussed between both parties

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2006, 11:19:41 AM »
Use yuh sense nah TTFF?
Why do you continue to do things that will have a negative impact on our team's preparation?
Why?!  ???
I am glad ya brought this up

people in TnT have to realise that THIS type of behaviour from the TTFF does NOTHING for the GOOD of TnT football....NOTHING

so anyone who says that the TTFF is here for the good of TnT football, could you please wake up

let us ALL hope that we Soca Warriors are BIGGER than that and are able to maintain their concentration fo the game later today.

Go Warriors GO!!!
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2006, 11:20:13 AM »
any update