March 28, 2024, 11:32:32 PM

Author Topic: QRC maul Trinity  (Read 4796 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
QRC maul Trinity
« on: October 14, 2006, 06:23:57 PM »
Naps retain South crown.
By: Mervyn Stewart (Express).
[/size]

Naparima beat Fyzabad 2-0 in a thrilling game at Fyzabad yesterday to retain the BGTT Secondary Schools Football League South Zone title. The champions opened the scoring in the 55th minute when Dinaka Jimdar's strike from 35 metres out was helped over the line by Mandella Edmund of Fyzabad.
Two minutes later, 14-year-old Shadon Winchester put the icing on the cake when he lobbed Neil Williams in goal for Fyzabad.
Naps almost extended the lead in the 64th but Fyzabad defender Vaughn Goodridge arrived just in time to clear the ball off the line.
Fyzabad started a build-up in the 66th minute which led to one of their best chances, but Naps goalkeeper Curtis Julien pulled off a sensational save which denied Kevin Flanders of his glory.
Naps had another opportunity in the 72nd but Dillon Seales' shot just missed the upright by inches.
In Princes Town, Presentation and hosts Princes Town played to a thrilling 1-1 draw. Derwin Lee scored for the visitors and Andre Quashie for PTown.
Naps top the table with 28 points, while Princes Town and Presentation, both on 21 points, will have to battle for second spot.
And with only one more game to play in the SSFL North Zone, the race for last place is more alive than ever as Trinity College were defeated 3-1 by Malick Senior Comprehensive yesterday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.
Keron Ross, Saturday's hero for Malick against Mucurapo Senior Comprehensive, scored a pair on either side of half time and Anthony Applewhite's 42nd minute item gave Trinity College an uphill battle to avoid the drop as they will face leaders Mucurapo in their final match.
Trinity's lone goal came from Kendall Sealy in the 79th minute to restore some pride for the Moka faithful.
St Mary's College still remain at the bottom of the North Zone, but the Saints, with a game in hand and only two points behind Trinity, will like their chances of staying up as they take on Fatima tomorrow at Fatima Ground.
And the North Zone title may well be decided tomorrow as Mucurapo, needing one point to seal the deal, will battle St Anthony's at St Anthony's ground in Westmoorings.

Yesterday's BGTT SSFL Results:

North Zone [/b]

Trinity College 1 v Malick Senior Comprehensive 3

South Zone

Fyzabad 0 v Naparima 2

Princes Town 1 v Pres College 1

Moruga 1 v St Benedict's College 0
East, Tobago titles decided.
By: Roger Seepersad (Express).

North Zone race still open.

The race for the BG T&T Secondary School Football League North Zone title is still open as Mucurapo Senior Comprehensive was defeated for the first time this season by mid-table Malick Secondary Comprehensive 1-0 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium yesterday.
Malick's lone goal came fairly late--in the 65th minute--from Keron Ross who collected the ball outside the 18-metre box and buried his shot in the right hand corner. Mucurapo could have equalised right after but Irish Lyons' shot was deflected away.
Mucurapo searched desperately for the equaliser. Late in the second half, Lyons again came close. But this time, his downward header was well saved by Malick goal keeper Nicholas Alexander.
Soon after, in the 83rd minute, Malick mounted some late pressure with the introduction of Hackim Phillip up front. Phillip making some penetrating runs on the right side confusing the Mucurapo defence but his shot was off by inches.
With only two games left to play, Figaro said that "the North Zone title is mine." He also said that "Malick played all over us. They were in charge of the game." Figaro attributed the loss to the attitude of the players saying that discipline was slipping as the season comes to a close.
In the East, St Augustine Senior Comprehensive sealed the East Zone title with a convincing 4-2 victory over Toco Composite at Toco grounds yesterday. St Augustine remains undefeated in ten games.
The Tobago Zone was also wrapped up yesterday as Signal Hill, needing to win by 14 clear goals to seal their place in the "Big Five," only managed to beat Mason Hall 11-1. The result means that Scarborough Secondary remain the Tobago Zone champions.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 02:43:15 AM by Flex »

Offline whistler91

• Full Warrior
  • Love, Respect, Honor
    • View Profile
Re: QRC maul Trinity
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 07:36:58 PM »
lol.....daz all i have to say
“There is no force like success, and that is why the individual makes all effort to surround himself throughout life with the evidence of it; as of the individual, so should it be of the nation.”

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 07:38:32 PM »
i 2nd that.......lol

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 07:40:26 PM »
I eh go :wavetowel: too much just yet, I go :whistling:  patiently fuh one o' dem trinity men to confirm dat score.........especially rhe ones who was :yapping: back in september when dey had beat us 2-1 on Maraval Road.  I guess ah might have to wai fuh dat, dey probably off in a corner somewhere  :nailbiting: about the possibility of relegation, albeit a slightly unlikely possibility.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 07:40:48 PM »
Any other scores. East Zone, say Gustin
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 10:19:26 PM »

QRC wakes up in the shit league ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 11:01:30 PM »
Where TrueTrini??

Boy yuh side is real sh!t boy??

I fell all yuh ging down to 2nd divison this year.

Més que un club.

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 06:48:05 AM »
Where TrueTrini??

hahahahahaha

Well it eh look like yuh lying, instead ah growing in confidence after the good start, it seems like ah have tuh buy dem some diapers, de way dey shitting dong de field.  steups amnd dey lorsing at home too, when I went Trinity NO team used to dust we out in Moka...steups

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 06:58:58 AM »
Where TrueTrini??

hahahahahaha

Well it eh look like yuh lying, instead ah growing in confidence after the good start, it seems like ah have tuh buy dem some diapers, de way dey shitting dong de field.  steups amnd dey lorsing at home too, when I went Trinity NO team used to dust we out in Moka...steups

Yuh lie.  ;D ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 09:03:06 AM »
I think Trinity safe. As ah old saints man, I don't think that my side have it in them to get the two points to close the gap on alyuh. We have Malick and Fatima to finish. I hope I am wrong though.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 03:53:30 PM »
QRC Foreeeeeeeeeeeeever !!!!!! Hopefully dey could get their act just right for InterCol.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 08:38:24 PM by royal »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2006, 07:23:01 PM »
It looks like we're safe now. We have only one game left and we're 6 points ahead of last place CIC  :rotfl: who has 2 games left. We have a much better goal difference than they do. I am just happy that we survived the season. Hopefully we can get things sorted out for next year.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 07:56:59 PM »
Somebody didn't say it have a playoff for the 2nd to last team?   :devil:

1]; } ?>