April 19, 2024, 01:59:33 PM

Author Topic: Wife beating up during World Cup  (Read 3436 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Wife beating up during World Cup
« on: October 16, 2006, 09:25:53 AM »
Wife beating up during World Cup
By: metro.uk.com

Monday, October 16, 2006

Startling new research shows a surge in domestic violence reported to police on England's World Cup match days this year.

Wife-beatings rose by up to 31 per cent a day on each of England's five games in the tournament, with alcohol being a factor.

A Home Office report concluded the police should plan to deal with a surge in domestic violence cases on major sporting occasions just as they already prepare for public order problems such as fights in town centres.

It is the first time the government had published results of its £1.3 million domestic violence enforcement campaigns, which ran over eight weeks in February and March, and during the Fifa tournament.

The biggest surge in reports of domestic violence was on Saturday June 10 when England beat Paraguay 1-0.

Ministers also highlighted the use of innovative techniques to combat domestic violence, including secret video cameras in victims' homes and police 'helmet cameras' to gather evidence as officers arrive at the scene.

There was a 31.41 per cent increase among the 19 police forces in England and Wales which took part in the project, compared with records from the same day of the week in an earlier anti-domestic violence campaign.

England's 2-0 defeat of Trinidad on Thursday June 15 led to a 31.36 per cent increase.

The David Beckham-captained team's final bow - the 1-3 defeat on penalties by Portugal on Saturday July 1 - saw a 30.42 per cent increase.

England-Sweden's 2-2 draw on Tuesday June 20 led to a 17.7 per cent rise and the 1-0 defeat of Ecuador on Sunday June 25 resulted in the lowest increase of 11.69 per cent.

On average, domestic violence in the 19 forces increased 25 per cent on England match days.

Association of Chief Police Officers spokesman and Deputy Chief Constable of Surrey Police, Brian Moore, said: 'We know that football and alcohol can provide excuses for violent people to be abusive at home as well as in the streets.

'Our strategy to police big sporting events in the future will need to manage domestic as well as public place violence.'

He added: 'This is not the fault of football - this is the fault of violent people taking any excuse to be abusive.'

Home Office minister Baroness Scotland said: 'The results of this first domestic violence enforcement campaign are extremely encouraging in that they highlight the successes that can be won in protecting victims and bringing offenders to book when innovative and new policing techniques are put to use.

'Domestic violence is a cowardly crime that will affect one in four women during their lifetime and, on average, claims the lives of two women each week - killed by a current or former partner.

'We want to make sure that those suffering abuse behind closed doors have the confidence to come forward and are then given the support and protection they so badly need.'

She urged football clubs and sporting groups to join the Corporate Alliance Against Domestic Violence.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: Wife beating up during World Cup
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 09:58:55 AM »
If Terry did not clear that ball off the line it would have been 50% increase in beatings and 30% suicide :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 10:02:43 AM »
based on the "quality" the the english trash i run into in germany, these stats doh surprise me at all.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 11:20:29 AM »
Apperently it was not only Germans that their Grandfather killed. They also beat their wives
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 11:40:21 AM »
Beatings will continue unitl moral improves
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 01:17:54 PM »
If Terry did not clear that ball off the line it would have been 50% increase in beatings and 30% suicide :rotfl: :rotfl:

ah bet yuh de majority of beatins took place from de kick off tuh de 82min and at de end ah de game one two oman geh slap becoz it took so long for england tuh get ah break tru n score an illegal goal
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 01:31:16 PM »
now i dont accept de beatin oman ting eh, but ladies some ah allyuh must use allyuh head, yuh see wen ah man tryin tuh watch ah game and he is into it den dats not de time tuh try n bond, plz save all questions till after de game (dat is if his team has won). dont be askin about de offside rule n wat it is about and dont come n start backin de next team n makin noise fuh dem jes becoz their uniform looks better, jes tap us on our shoulders and ask us if we wud like tuh have ah drink if we dont already have one and den leave de room, go else where... :devil:

p.s. me doh beat n neva beaten oman before :thumbsup:

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 01:40:12 PM »
putting on a serious face on those stats, I think they were also trying to show that maybe the reporting increased, not only the actual beatings. It's good to know that more persons are making the reports, and that the police are actuall taking note, and taking action. remember domestic vioence isn't only man beating woman, but also abusing the children. enough children get beaten to death because they cry or wet themselves, or just because...

nothing funny there at all..all over the world..

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 03:13:42 PM »
madd ras you jamaican??? was this oman ting...Wo WO woman

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 04:59:07 PM »
based on the "quality" the the english trash i run into in germany, these stats doh surprise me at all.

The prosecution rests, Your Honour.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 05:25:49 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 10:32:50 PM »
the domestic situation looks real bleak then....cause England eh winning nothing for a long time

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 10:34:11 PM »
the domestic situation looks real bleak then....cause England eh winning nothing for a long time

oh gaum
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 12:17:42 AM »
now i dont accept de beatin oman ting eh, but ladies some ah allyuh must use allyuh head, yuh see wen ah man tryin tuh watch ah game and he is into it den dats not de time tuh try n bond, plz save all questions till after de game (dat is if his team has won). dont be askin about de offside rule n wat it is about and dont come n start backin de next team n makin noise fuh dem jes becoz their uniform looks better, jes tap us on our shoulders and ask us if we wud like tuh have ah drink if we dont already have one and den leave de room, go else where... :devil:

p.s. me doh beat n neva beaten oman before :thumbsup:
>:( >:( >:(

ya know ah doh normally be on dis side ah dey road, but ah happen tur be crossing and ah take in Madd Ras notes...ah want tur dead  >:(

Now if this is ya case...when Young and dey Restless goings on...find dey blasted kitchen by yaself
save all questions till after dey shows (bout 4 ah dem, one after dey oder) and doh be asking where dey pot spoon is.  Jus tap we on we shoulders and ask if we wud like tuh have ah drink if we don't already have one and den leave dey house and go back to work.  :devil:

if ya hafta comment Madd Ras sar meet meh in General Dis :salute:

but on ah serious note...if dem woman want to get hard slap from dey man...datz dem business. Dem fail tur realize allyuh does hafta eat and sleep :devil:
but wha dey jail is dis - coulda never happen in Jamaica
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 12:19:30 AM by TriniCana »

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2006, 04:14:45 AM »
When I saw the headline I thought it was woman beating up on their men.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2006, 10:07:00 AM »

fella i born n grow in trini(Point Fortin) and from ever since i know it's "OMAN" buh den again u is ah St. Mary's breed so i guess de word oman rubs u de wrong way so i apologise *woman*

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2006, 10:32:22 AM »
Hear nah, it might surprise nuff folks to know dat is real men does get licks from dey "oman" (just so yuh know Mad ras, yuh didn have to go dey - de St. Mary's comment).

Men might be ashamed to report, so police records is not way yuh have to check for statistics. But emergency room records does reveal de story. I did an EMT course once and dat was a startling revelation.
Toujour Pret!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 10:39:29 AM »
a fella in my wife office went emergency with a big arse black eye and told them he was getting into a cab at 2am one morning an a man come up to him an ask him if he is a cop and he said no and the man hit him in he eye, but the emergency Doctors KEPT asking him over and over again if it was the result of a domestic dispute ;) ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>