April 24, 2024, 04:19:58 AM

Author Topic: Corneal: Indisciplined players will not wear national colours.  (Read 10276 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Corneal: Indisciplined players will not wear national colours.
« on: October 19, 2006, 03:34:05 AM »
Corneal: Indisciplined players will not wear national colours.
By: T&T Guardian Reports.
[/size]

Coaches and managers in the T&T Pro League held a very active and dynamic meeting with national youth director Anton Corneal and coaching development director Lincoln Phillips at the Pro League Head Office in Valpark.
The meeting started with a brief welcoming speech by Pro League CEO Dexter Skeene, after which Corneal spoke about a number of issues affecting the national junior and senior teams.
Corneal started by talking about the journey to World Cup 2010 and the use of seasoned foreign-based players to help in the build-up and possible qualification for South Africa 2010.
He spoke about the use of Dwight Yorke in the future to bridge the gap between the locals and foreign-based players.
Concerning the local and United States-based players, Corneal indicated that in November all US-based and local players will be allowed to compete for places in the national team, so that the coaching staff can have a pool of players in order to move forward.
He stated that the coaches wanted to have at least two to three players for each position.
Corneal said training will be held at least one day a week for local players. He also addressed the need for both a positive work attitude and good technical ability if players are to be considered for national duty.
He addressed the non-selection of Densill Theobald, Silvo Spann and Aurtis Whitley as examples of good players who were either not playing competitively or not being disciplined enough and were not selected.
He stated that if any Pro League coach strongly recommends a player, then hat player will be given the opportunity to address his talent before the national selection panel.
Technical director for coaching development Lincoln Phillips also addressed the gathering and spoke about an upcoming coaching course, life skills conference and coaches’ exchange programme. Phillips also hinted at the formation of a coaches association to deal with the interest of coaches in the not too distance future.

Coaches and managers who attended the event were

Caledonia-Ayinde Abu Bakr; Starworld Strikers-Darren Ali; San Juan Jabloteh-Michael Grayson; North-East Stars- Daryl Mahabir; Superstar Rangers- Alan Cabral; Defence Force-Anthony Barrington; Joe Public-Michael Mc Comie; W Connection- Raymond Mc Clean, Ben Davis; United Petrotrin Philbert Jones.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 03:49:33 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Corneal: Indisciplined players will not wear national colours.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 06:23:55 AM »
It sounds like Lincoln still in the loop under the restrictions Beenie wanted i.e. he only involved in developing coaches and not players.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 06:39:48 AM »
It sounds like Lincoln still in the loop under the restrictions Beenie wanted i.e. he only involved in developing coaches and not players.

Why is Anton National Youth Director?  Should'nt this man be in charge of the National U-21 team so e can further develop his skills and  acumen?

This is too much for a rookie/novice like Anton!

Beenie and Wim care about Beenie and Wim...not T&T football development.  They care about how they can develop their resumes further!

What is Wim doing about the state and plight of the local ballers, and the lifting of the standards?  sice Lincoln is in charge of the goal keeper development and apparently is trying to develop coaches, should'nt Wim be doing something in the here and now for the current pool of players?  especially since he feels that they too slow, not good enough?

steups.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 07:06:58 AM »
Imagine a man who dont even have a high school diploma is in control of we entire youth system....  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

De big bad wolf at it again. Jack Warner finally got a pet to do his dirty work.

Lincoln to soft, he make de TTFF boil him down like baggie without even giving up a fight.....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 07:09:18 AM »
Imagine a man who dont even have a high school diploma is in control of we entire youth system....  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

De big bad wolf at it again. Jack Warner finally got a pet to do his dirty work.

Lincoln to soft, he make de TTFF boil him down like baggie without even giving up a fight.....
Come on Sam, do yuh research man >:( ???
Live large and prosper!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 07:16:31 AM »
Doc and he riddles again.....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 07:20:14 AM »

Why how did beenie want linclon under restrictions?  was it not warner who confined linclon  to that ROLE

Beenie and Wim care about Beenie and Wim...not T&T football development.  They care about how they can develop their resumes further!

yuh neva say that when incapable people BSC was in charge and najir was in charge... I guess shabazz and SH thinking the same way ent...Whim development for them local players is to have them play with the foreign ones. Yuh eh expect him to develop kerry baptiste and trent noel ,toussiant them men in they mid  to late 20"s . Yes they under 20 and under 17 but hey ent yuh was vex when they wanted to but a ban on them playing in the SSFL.. .

What is Wim doing about the state and plight of the local ballers, and the lifting of the standards?  sice Lincoln is in charge of the goal keeper development and apparently is trying to develop coaches

Concerning the local and United States-based players, Corneal indicated that in November all US-based and local players will be allowed to compete for places in the national team, so that the coaching staff can have a pool of players in order to move forward.
He stated that the coaches wanted to have at least two to three players for each position.
Corneal said training will be held at least one day a week for local players. He also addressed the need for both a positive work attitude and good technical ability if players are to be considered for national duty

I guess you did no read this part eh  

Why is Anton National Youth Director?  Should'nt this man be in charge of the National U-21 team so e can further develop his skills and  acumen?

This is too much for a rookie/novice like Anton!

anton coaches the under 17 team ....... and scouts youth  players also i think  but i think the scouting part should be LP job
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 07:46:39 AM »
triniman yuh is ah damn dunce or what?

having men try out is NOT de same as coaching and doing development work with dem.

We team ageing fast...so what we eh have no youths playing in de Pro league?

oh wait..wim done say dem shitty...steups.

And as far as Anton goes if he is Youth devp. general..why he have de U-17's and not de more senior U-21's who will be filling de gaps for 2010 and beyond/

yuh cyar read and understand or wha?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 07:50:22 AM »
Corneal said training will be held at least one day a week for local players. He also addressed the need for both a positive work attitude and good technical ability if players are to be considered for national duty
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 08:18:41 AM »

LP is just biding his time and waiting for the right moment. Doh worry things will come out in due time. Truss meh.

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 08:26:09 AM »
tell dem tempo..all tings in due time/  all tings in due time.

and triniman corneal said training for locals once a week...who are these locals?  and why we afraid to blood them against opposition when de foreign based absent or cyar make it?

steups....

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 09:10:08 AM »

and triniman corneal said training for locals once a week...who are these locals?  and why we afraid to blood them against opposition when de foreign based absent or cyar make it?

steups....

truetrini in time  the digicel hold on my friend

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 04:39:39 PM »
Discipline starts from the top ! A president that cant preside, a treasurer that does not control the purse strings, a Tec. Dir. who is not allowed to direct ...and oh yes there is Jack..... what a system ...everything is controlled by one man !
discipline at its highest ...yes jack ! Ok jack ! Right away Jack ...no comment...lets not go there !
So lets start with those indiscplined players ..... trying to embarass us !

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 05:36:16 PM »

steups....

We done rank 80th in the world. Blooding them and dropping the ranking will make it harder for them self to get a contrt outside. What the PFL need to do is invite some decent opposition from outisde. Let Jamaica send their best two from their league or an all star team. Get one or two team from Haiti and Cuba or again an all star team. This will allow them to play diff opposition and grow as footballers.

The man say they going to have training once a week for locals. What more you want them to do?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 05:42:08 PM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 07:47:30 PM »
Say what allyuh want n talk about the man eh qualified or what ever. He damn right. To much indisciplined players. and he right no discipline no sweat. end ah stoy. IF you serious of making yuh national team work hard train hard.
let sjust hope the fren fren thign he is known for eh not there any more cause it will undermine this initiative if they serious.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 08:04:36 PM by Organic »
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 08:07:31 PM »
Disipline is holistic and if a man play in a WC and they eh want to pay him. Who disciplining the men who eh pay people the money?

I first in line to clout Whitley for his nonesense since the WC but the entire TTFF need discipline especially financial discipline.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 08:23:45 PM »

Look like the clubs are responsible for player development...AS IT SHOULD BE.

After you reach a certain level then and only then will you get some exposure to a higher level to see how you do.

:applause:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 08:36:46 PM »
LP is just biding his time and waiting for the right moment. Doh worry things will come out in due time. Truss meh.
lets hope so
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 08:59:58 PM »
Say what allyuh want n talk about the man eh qualified or what ever. He damn right. To much indisciplined players. and he right no discipline no sweat. end ah stoy. IF you serious of making yuh national team work hard train hard.
let sjust hope the fren fren thign he is known for eh not there any more cause it will undermine this initiative if they serious.

where is de indiscipline that you talking about? do you know of any indiscipline? and does this indiscipline not rely on the disciplinary standards and favoritism of the disciplin-er? So its a case of what anton says goes? He dont have the experience to be left with such big decisions. I was hoping for de best from lincoln and maybe time will tell but I cant imagine that leaving our youth development of tnt in the hands of the Corneals is the best move? Dont young George bush got to go talk to daddy first? The corneals, whom i have trained under, have to much misguided thinking and hidden agenda's for me. Maybe Anton have coaching skillz, thats great. Management needs a lot more than coaching skillz though, it takes organization, infrastructure, personalization and a certain amount of patience and diplomacy and most importantly, non-bias. Lincoln is de man for dat job. Not BSC, ah say Lincoln.
I have a feelin lincoln possessing these talents also lends to some soft spoken mannerisms. We need lincoln and sam to team up then to fight off the Jack's, Wim's, Corneals, and Camps.

I say discipline yes but double standards no.  Lincoln & Gally seem to be the most non-partial people in trini football. Lincoln should be Wim boss too. It look like Wim just get to run free, above de law, dont have to answer to no one and is held accountable to no one. Maybe if yuh name Alex furguson or multinovic or something yuh get dem props but Wim was and undergrad just de other day.

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 09:36:01 PM »

where is de indiscipline that you talking about? do you know of any indiscipline? and does this indiscipline not rely on the disciplinary standards and favoritism of the disciplin-er? So its a case of what anton says goes? He dont have the experience to be left with such big decisions. I was hoping for de best from lincoln and maybe time will tell but I cant imagine that leaving our youth development of tnt in the hands of the Corneals is the best move? Dont young George bush got to go talk to daddy first? The corneals, whom i have trained under, have to much misguided thinking and hidden agenda's for me. Maybe Anton have coaching skillz, thats great. Management needs a lot more than coaching skillz though, it takes organization, infrastructure, personalization and a certain amount of patience and diplomacy and most importantly, non-bias. Lincoln is de man for dat job. Not BSC, ah say Lincoln.
I have a feelin lincoln possessing these talents also lends to some soft spoken mannerisms. We need lincoln and sam to team up then to fight off the Jack's, Wim's, Corneals, and Camps.

I say discipline yes but double standards no.  Lincoln & Gally seem to be the most non-partial people in trini football. Lincoln should be Wim boss too. It look like Wim just get to run free, above de law, dont have to answer to no one and is held accountable to no one. Maybe if yuh name Alex furguson or multinovic or something yuh get dem props but Wim was and undergrad just de other day.

your kidding right?
 trini's famous for lack of discipline. its almost a culture thing.
and i ahve also trianed under corneals and i think thie rbiggets problem is nepotitsm, he as experience i think experienc eneough to run the under 21's. and i think as much other coaches i am sure he is getting some guidance from other people.
i agree with you about th edouble standards that as to go. but players if they work hard should eb able to see the fruits.... y u think players like hardest catchign his ass tog et into the national team or players like kerry norah ... eh..i play with norah and see him play and lime around him. countless others like him
drink rum and lime even days.hours before games... where is the discipline in that.
bag a skill wasted.
if as a big man u keep saying well dem eh have no discipline so i eh having none too......not only unprofessional  but it eh go take dem no where.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 10:04:28 PM »

your kidding right?
and i ahve also trianed under corneals and i think thie rbiggets problem is nepotitsm, he as experience i think experienc eneough to run the under 21's. and i think as much other coaches i am sure he is getting some guidance from other people.
i agree with you about th edouble standards that as to go. but players if they work hard should eb able to see the fruits.... y u think players like hardest catchign his ass tog et into the national team or players like kerry norah ... eh..i play with norah and see him play and lime around him. countless others like him
drink rum and lime even days.hours before games... where is the discipline in that.
bag a skill wasted.
if as a big man u keep saying well dem eh have no discipline so i eh having none too......not only unprofessional  but it eh go take dem no where.

I would stop short of blaming the culture for indiscipline though i agree with the neopotism however Anton can coach the under 21's all he like I say keep him away from our so called "development".
Yorke  was in Zen till 3 de night before the SVG friendly. It still dont have a man who fitter than Yorke or does train harder than Yorke. Where man like hardest and others are concerned indiscipline is not their biggest problem, its self motivation which is rooted in inspiration. I dont believe Anton can inspire and then motivate our players. I think Anton has taken a page in Beenhacker's book.  a Lack of personality. I rather read out of Klinsman manual anyday or even an enigmatic Morinho.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2006, 04:42:17 PM »
Can Dwight lime in a pub until 3 a.m. before a game in the UK? If yes then we eh have a discipline problem. If mnot then is a liming problem.

I eh care how fit Yorke is it eh have no reason he should be in Zen at 3:00 am before a game.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2006, 07:47:07 PM »

your kidding right?
bag a skill wasted.

I would stop short of blaming the culture for indiscipline though i agree with the neopotism however Anton can coach the under 21's all he like I say keep him away from our so called "development".
Yorke  was in Zen till 3 de night before the SVG friendly. It still dont have a man who fitter than Yorke or does train harder than Yorke. Where man like hardest and others are concerned indiscipline is not their biggest problem, its self motivation which is rooted in inspiration. I dont believe Anton can inspire and then motivate our players. I think Anton has taken a page in Beenhacker's book.  a Lack of personality. I rather read out of Klinsman manual anyday or even an enigmatic Morinho.
self moivation and inspiration and discipline are all inexorably linked brother.  There is no way they can be disciplined and lack motivation. Motivation drives discipline.......so  as u said they lack motivation ..it follows that they lack discipline.
not all discipline is running hard or making an extra 10 km when everyone done only 5. you can jus be fitter than everyone else.
discipline is more seeing somehtign through; working..when u think things may come to nought....but u wanna see for your self...... see the conenction between motivation and discipline??
discipline is knowing that although i fit i SHOULDNT make zen to night causi have a game tommorow. dais discipline.

so its no way u can say them fellas discipline jus lacking motivation. They indiscipline and say what u want they need it.
See de discipline beenie bring out in them fellas.... look men try hardest played the best games in thier life.
put they head down, no lime give up things theyu dont usually.
 corneal or who ever in charge hadda continue with that mind set.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 07:51:26 PM by Organic »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2007, 11:23:52 AM »
Well after reading some of these postings , ah eh surprise how some does change they heart felt sentiments. Is this how we make  informed choices?

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2007, 03:53:46 PM »
Can Dwight lime in a pub until 3 a.m. before a game in the UK? If yes then we eh have a discipline problem. If mnot then is a liming problem.

I eh care how fit Yorke is it eh have no reason he should be in Zen at 3:00 am before a game.

Have no reason  ??? yuh mad or wha  ???

Reasons for Dwight to be in Zen 3:00am

1. He cud be marrid or have ah miserable nagging woman like you to come
    home to.

2. It have nuff ting for him tuh horn yuh ass wid ( considering 1 is true )

3. De game starting 8:00 pm and is ah friendly against Honolulu

4. Anton waiting outside  since 1am trying  to ketch he and Stern.

5. Free drinks

6. Free pussy

....You really farse and outta place, DY cud party how much he want,de man know how to take care of his body and is usually one of de fittest if not the fittest player on ANY team he ever play for, and YES, ah talking bout he days in Man U to wey he and Andy Cole use to party till 5,6,7,8am and still produce one of the most sucessfull years in ManU History .De kinda ah partying  dem man use tuh do wud make Zen look like ah coffee shop.
Miss lady , Dwight partying in Zen till 3:00am was never a reason why we lose any game ...wha yuh might want tuh do is stop macoing de ppl and dem business bout who in Zen till 3am and get ah life.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 03:57:54 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2007, 05:13:17 PM »

Come on Sam, do yuh research man >:( ???

Not a riddle, you just clueless.

Anton finished Form V at Fatima, got a Scholarship to the US and was an All Star.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2007, 06:57:57 PM »
Where did I say limin at 3:00 am Sir Alex just find a set ah man 4 d Xmas party fiasco but u advocating dat is ok for Stern yuhb boi to lime at Zen at 3:00 am.

giggsy11

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2007, 07:01:36 PM »
Just wondering what does the word indiscipline mean is it the same as undiscipline? Just wondering.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2007, 07:59:04 PM »
Just wondering what does the word indiscipline mean is it the same as undiscipline? Just wondering.

The act is one of indiscipline.  The individual is undisciplined.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2007, 08:36:38 PM »

Have no reason  ??? yuh mad or wha  ???

Reasons for Dwight to be in Zen 3:00am

1. He cud be marrid or have ah miserable nagging woman like you to come
    home to.

2. It have nuff ting for him tuh horn yuh ass wid ( considering 1 is true )

3. De game starting 8:00 pm and is ah friendly against Honolulu

4. Anton waiting outside  since 1am trying  to ketch he and Stern.

5. Free drinks

6. Free pussy

....You really farse and outta place, DY cud party how much he want,de man know how to take care of his body and is usually one of de fittest if not the fittest player on ANY team he ever play for, and YES, ah talking bout he days in Man U to wey he and Andy Cole use to party till 5,6,7,8am and still produce one of the most sucessfull years in ManU History .De kinda ah partying  dem man use tuh do wud make Zen look like ah coffee shop.
Miss lady , Dwight partying in Zen till 3:00am was never a reason why we lose any game ...wha yuh might want tuh do is stop macoing de ppl and dem business bout who in Zen till 3am and get ah life.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: De original Berris on de scene, wey we go do without comedians like u on de forum, lawd, lawd  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:.

Weary, ah not laughing at yuh eh family, cuz ah not in u and Berris love affair  :devil:. Is just dat, Berris is one ah de few members here, dat when he post, is either yuh roll wid laugh or yuh be offended. Any way happy new thousand and eight tuh both of u all. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 08:38:28 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

1]; } ?>