April 23, 2024, 08:37:35 AM

Poll

Should Stern John be playing in this world cup campaign

yes
8 (61.5%)
no
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Stern John Thread  (Read 298278 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stern John concerned about testing.
« Reply #1680 on: October 12, 2013, 02:04:44 PM »
I find Stern's comment is out ah timing.

Agreed!  Absent some sound basis for doubting the level of testing/care Akeem received, Stern shouldn't just be expressing some generalized concern about 'mistreatment and poor treatment' at this point.  If nothing else, the club has been extremely responsive and caring in light of the situation.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: October 12, 2013, 02:43:34 PM »
No one can predict sickness especially in Akeem's case, cause it looks like generic.

If Stern say Real Madrid bought an injured slip-disc Gareth Bale from Tottenham, then maybe....

:devil:

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: October 12, 2013, 08:15:47 PM »

norm for john to miss the mark
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: October 12, 2013, 08:21:40 PM »
Damn! Low blow. That Penally against El Salvador does still haunt me.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #1684 on: October 13, 2013, 12:42:36 PM »

Agreed!  Absent some sound basis for doubting the level of testing/care Akeem received, Stern shouldn't just be expressing some generalized concern about 'mistreatment and poor treatment' at this point.  If nothing else, the club has been extremely responsive and caring in light of the situation.

yeah the club appears to be stepping up to the plate...we dont know if they at fault for anything at this time.  our national teams didnt detect anything in the past yet he didnt mention that.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: October 13, 2013, 12:53:11 PM »
When is a good time to raise questions?  Stern is a well travelled pro footballer and just maybe due to his experiences all over with different clubs it's ok to raise certain questions..........especially when the fire hot.........

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #1686 on: October 13, 2013, 01:30:38 PM »
When is a good time to raise questions?  Stern is a well travelled pro footballer and just maybe due to his experiences all over with different clubs it's ok to raise certain questions..........especially when the fire hot.........

I listened to his interview and he didn't base it on anything of substance. He just felt that the appropriate thing was to make someone to blame. Sometimes these things happen, even after medicals. Italy has one of the most rigorous medical tests for footballers yet they too have had athletes suffer heart attacks.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: October 13, 2013, 02:23:03 PM »
Perhaps, given his experience, Stern might know something the rest of us don't.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: October 13, 2013, 03:28:10 PM »

I listened to his interview and he didn't base it on anything of substance. He just felt that the appropriate thing was to make someone to blame. Sometimes these things happen, even after medicals. Italy has one of the most rigorous medical tests for footballers yet they too have had athletes suffer heart attacks.
not saying he is right.........but sometimes there is someone to blame........can't put al that trust in a employer.........look at all the stuff that is coming out now with the mighty NFL with how they approached concussions over the years and now with the settlement all their dirty laundry will most likely be covered up forever..........it is imperative to still have the conversation as to why this young man is in this situation 

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: October 13, 2013, 10:30:24 PM »
Shush Stern: Akeem’s agent defends Ferencvarosi on player’s condition
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

Dion Sosa, the local manager for stricken Trinidad and Tobago footballer Akeem Adams, has responded angrily to suggestions that Hungarian club, Ferencvarosi, might be responsible for the medical condition of the “Soca Warrior.”
Adams is in ICU at the Varosmajori Heart Clinic in Budapest after suffering a massive heart attack, two weeks ago. At present, the former Presentation College (San Fernando) student has a mechanical, artificial heart and is in urgent need of a heart transplant. On Tuesday morning, Adams’ left leg from below the knee was amputated due to circulatory problems.
Record Trinidad and Tobago goal scorer Stern John, a former England Premier League player with Birmingham City and Sunderland, told CNC3 yesterday that Adams’ employer might have to answer questions soon as to how the 22-year-old passed a medical at the club.
Adams only joined Ferencvarosi on 7 August 2013.
However, Sosa emphatically dismissed any suggestion of wrongdoing by the club.
“That is very irrational statement,” Sosa told Wired868. “You are trying to imply (that) the people saw something and then looked away. But even Dr (Terence) Babwah said Akeem went through all the FIFA protocol and testing for two FIFA World (Youth) Cups and nothing showed up…
“So that is rubbish.”
Since Adams’ heart attack, Ferencvarosi paid for the player’s mother, Ancilla Adams, and brother, Akini Adams, to travel to Hungary to be at his bedside while the club also provided accommodation and transport to and from the hospital for the two Point Fortin residents.
Ferencvarosi’s insurance policy for the player has also completely covered all his medical bills so far.
Central FC operations director Kevin Harrison also sympathised with the club. Central FC, a Couva-based Pro League club, was Adams’ last employer before he went to Europe.
Read more: http://wired868.com/2013/10/10/shush-stern-akeems-agent-defends-ferencvarosi-on-players-condition/

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: October 14, 2013, 01:54:06 AM »
I have no doubt that Stern's comment came out of concern rather than maliciousness. Nonetheless, unfortunately, they led to this. At this point, let good sense prevail.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #1691 on: October 14, 2013, 10:21:15 AM »
not saying he is right.........but sometimes there is someone to blame........can't put al that trust in a employer.........look at all the stuff that is coming out now with the mighty NFL with how they approached concussions over the years and now with the settlement all their dirty laundry will most likely be covered up forever..........it is imperative to still have the conversation as to why this young man is in this situation 

I would not suggest without more information that the club is or is not responsible. I was simply pointing out that I don't think Stern has any additional information either, so his comments are inflammatory at worse and just plain silly at best. Either way it serves no purpose than to upset a couple people unnecessarily. The stuff that came out of the NFL's treatment of players came after years of research and is based on something concrete. Unless Stern can produce similar research then...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: October 14, 2013, 01:32:57 PM »
Stern talking nonsense, why would a club overlook anything when them self have to pay de bills.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: October 14, 2013, 02:58:22 PM »
Wolfman, you are exactly right.  That is the way responsible people deal with issues.  The desire to just jump in and say things while producing no evidence is irresponsible on Stern's part, and especially at this time.  There will be time for investigation and blame.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: October 14, 2013, 05:14:28 PM »

I would not suggest without more information that the club is or is not responsible. I was simply pointing out that I don't think Stern has any additional information either, so his comments are inflammatory at worse and just plain silly at best. Either way it serves no purpose than to upset a couple people unnecessarily. The stuff that came out of the NFL's treatment of players came after years of research and is based on something concrete. Unless Stern can produce similar research then...

Not only that... everybody knew for years that the NFL was dropping the ball, that was no secret and no surprise.  The subsequent research into concussions and TBI just confirmed it.  What evidence can Stern point to?

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: October 15, 2013, 10:13:12 AM »

[/quote]

you right......maybe he should have been more eloquent and informed in voicing his concerns........

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stern scolded, freed
« Reply #1696 on: November 07, 2013, 05:55:17 AM »
Stern scolded, freed
By Rickie Ramdass (T&T Express)

AFTER more than two years before the court, footballer Stern John was yesterday freed on a charge of breaching the curfew during the 2011 limited State of Emergency.

John, who was charged alongside three women, reappeared before Chief Magistrate Marcia Ayers-Caesar in the Port of Spain Court.

They had initially pleaded not guilty to the charges but yesterday changed it to guilty.

The women are attorney Denisha Mayers, 35, Terri-Ann Humphrey, 31, and her sister Teresa Humphrey.

All four were charged with being on the compound of Motor One Insurance on the night of October 15 during the State of Emergency, at the corner of French Street and Ariapita Avenue, Woodbrook.

During yesterday’s hearing, Ayers-Caesar was presented with several written testimonials outlining the good character of the accused and their contribution to their communities.

The magistrate however, expressed concern with the late changing of the not guilty plea, stating that this could have been done since the matter first came up for hearing.

She later proceeded to reprimand and discharge the four on the charges. They will therefore have no criminal record attached to their names.

Acting Sgt Johnson Benjamin and PC Hadeed Mohammed who made the arrests and laid the charges were also commended by the magistrate who ordered that they each be rewarded $500.

Defence attorneys Keith Scotland and Asha Watkins-Montserin represented the four, while George Busby prosecuted for the State.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stern John arrested for breaching curfew
« Reply #1697 on: November 07, 2013, 07:23:19 AM »
I eh understand this?  Yuh change yuh plea to guilty and it get discharged because of good character?  Is that what the article says?  On top of that the judge say tuh give the police officers a $500 bonus?  Something eh right there.  Can someone explain this to me because I don't understand?  Really, I don't
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: November 07, 2013, 07:28:15 AM »
Thank God this choopidness is over. Load of needless fuss over nothing. Not saying Stern is above the law, but at the time it wasn't clear that liming on private property was breaking curfew.

And this: Acting Sgt Johnson Benjamin and PC Hadeed Mohammed who made the arrests and laid the charges were also commended by the magistrate who ordered that they each be rewarded $500. is crazy. The men get paid to uphold the law. Are police now getting bonuses for giving traffic tickets? I fully support rewards for heroism, but did these big men act beyond the call of duty or put themselves in danger  by arresting a footballer, a solicitor, her sister and her friend, while they were carrying machine pistols, batons etc?
Lawd, I must be owed $millions for breaking up fights in bars!!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: November 07, 2013, 07:30:56 AM »
I eh understand this?  Yuh change yuh plea to guilty and it get discharged because of good character?  Is that what the article says?  On top of that the judge say tuh give the police officers a $500 bonus?  Something eh right there.  Can someone explain this to me because I don't understand?  Really, I don't

I imagine Stern was faced with a choice: Plead not guilty, when they can prove that technically you were and receive a criminal record or plead guilty and the case is closed with a warning. I imagine this is a typical plea bargain scenario?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: November 07, 2013, 07:49:32 AM »
This case was a waste of time,in the first place Stern should never have been arrested,those Police officers was just looking to get some pips for arresting the guy,is Stern John someone who we all know,someone who has brought fame and fortune to our country,they could of talk to these people and send them home,imagine two years to come to a decision on this,they arresting all kind of Gang leaders and freeing them in a matter of days/weeks. This thing real funny.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: November 07, 2013, 09:13:56 AM »
A country where heroes are devalued and everybody is jess another self-loathing shittong worthy of being thrown in the rubbish dump of history. "Stern John? Who de eff is he? I know he cousin from dong by me. He eh nobody! My bruddah and dem use to play small goal wit' he and he posse dong by Eddie Hart. I even had was to len' he a tugs when he uncle dead. He geh award? Fork dat. Look loose he ass in jail . Good for he. Who he feel he is now...."

Very sad... and mind you much of this attitude/behaviour is from an unconscious disease.

On the flip side is a pathetic desire by some of us to put on a pedestal and foist upon us the most overtly degenerate in the society with absolutely no moral compass and bordering on evil with their wish to damage the truly unsung heroes. I hope we see an end to the deepening of the psychological wounds left
by the cabal of Jackulito, Scamps, Rodent and their sick flock.

Stern, hope to see you mentoring the players when they gettin' ready for the 2018 world cup qualifiers ... and even now ... And I hope nobody dare say yuh doh deserve a stipend or pay fuh dat because who de hell is half slab.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 10:10:17 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: November 07, 2013, 12:12:25 PM »

I imagine Stern was faced with a choice: Plead not guilty, when they can prove that technically you were and receive a criminal record or plead guilty and the case is closed with a warning. I imagine this is a typical plea bargain scenario?
Make sense that's why the judge says it could have been settled long ago.  However, why the police getting $500 again?  This has me perplexed...
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: November 07, 2013, 02:12:31 PM »
I could only shake my head yes.

It's not at all unusual to have the matter dismissed... because frankly it's a waste of time.  This is the equivalent of a summary offense, conviction on which does not carry a "criminal record".  Secondly curfew is curfew... you are not allowed to be outside PERIOD.  Private property or not, the concept of a curfew is not in dispute.  There is nothing technical about his guilt... outdoors after the cutoff time is a charge.  Plain and simple.

Third, if Stern and them did just humble theyself once confronted, (from what I recall there was resistance then an argument) none of this would have happened.  All this 'hero' talk is nonsense... what, it have two set ah laws?  One fuh regular people and one fuh 'heroes'? steups.  Only thing that don't make sense to me is the $500 each to the cops.  Not sure what that about.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 05:42:49 PM by Bakes »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: November 07, 2013, 04:25:53 PM »
$500 for speaking truth to power ...

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: November 08, 2013, 06:09:55 AM »
I'm wondering if the $500 is more like compensation due to the drawn out proceedings; ? for lost earnings or wasted time in court when they were only doing their job and John and his colleagues could have ended this much sooner. I'm thinking the reporter just used a poor choice of words to describe the reasons for the money being awarded. Courts don't pay people as a result of their rulings, to my knowledge its the responsibility of the accusors or defendants.

I remember a neighbour (when i lived in T&T) getting awarded a few hundred dollars on top of other financial compensation for just that. He took a tresspasser to court who he belived poisoned one of his dogs. There were multiple witnesses who saw this fella tresspass on his property and the suit was really about wether the guy poisoned the animal or not but the accused denied everything including tresspassing. What should have ended in a day took 4 court attendances over 6 months Once it was proven the guy was ordered to pay compensation for the animal, court costs and money for essentially wasting the accusors time. Don't think he ever got all the cash though.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: November 08, 2013, 11:23:35 AM »
I'm wondering if the $500 is more like compensation due to the drawn out proceedings; ? for lost earnings or wasted time in court when they were only doing their job and John and his colleagues could have ended this much sooner. I'm thinking the reporter just used a poor choice of words to describe the reasons for the money being awarded. Courts don't pay people as a result of their rulings, to my knowledge its the responsibility of the accusors or defendants.

I remember a neighbour (when i lived in T&T) getting awarded a few hundred dollars on top of other financial compensation for just that. He took a tresspasser to court who he belived poisoned one of his dogs. There were multiple witnesses who saw this fella tresspass on his property and the suit was really about wether the guy poisoned the animal or not but the accused denied everything including tresspassing. What should have ended in a day took 4 court attendances over 6 months Once it was proven the guy was ordered to pay compensation for the animal, court costs and money for essentially wasting the accusors time. Don't think he ever got all the cash though.

That is a civil proceeding where someone suing someone else.  That's not the case here... this is a criminal proceeding, the officers are witnesses for the state, who pays their salary.  I don't see the basis for the award.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stern John's .89 goals per 90 minutes Power 5 Unbreakable Records
« Reply #1707 on: February 28, 2014, 09:00:43 AM »
This week in 1998, the Crew signed Stern John. The Trini forward scored 44 goals in 55 matches for the Black & Gold, good enough for third on the club's all-time list.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Stern John Thread
« Reply #1708 on: July 23, 2015, 02:05:47 AM »
John hails T&T’s Gold Cup showing.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Former national striker Stern John has hailed T&T’s senior team for one of the best showings ever at the Concacaf Gold Cup.

John played in three Gold Cups in which he scored three goals including a double in a 3-1 win over Honduras in 1998 and a penalty in a 1-1 draw against Costa Rica in 2002.

Currently the head coach of the T&T Football 7 Academy in Trincity, John attended a couple of the T&T sessions during their pre-Gold Cup training camp in Fort Lauderdale earlier this month.

“The team wasn’t having a good run and from what I saw from then to now, it’s been a massive turn around and all credit to the head coach and his staff and the skipper and his players,” John said.

“They were a bit unfortunate in the last match against Panama. Maybe the Mexico game took a lot out of them but they were outstanding in that game so you can’t really fault them. To come from two goals down and then fight right down until the end when you are behind against Mexico is no easy accomplishment.

“I was quite pleased to see the way the team carried itself, the players gave everything and that’s what you want to see from a national team. Hopefully they can keep this up and get the right support that can put them in a good way for the World Cup qualifiers coming up,” said T&T’s all time leading goalscorer.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stern John Thread
« Reply #1709 on: August 31, 2015, 03:17:42 PM »
Former Soca Warrior, Stern John, is quite satisfied with the progress of T&T's football. John was speaking with TV6's Vinod Narwani and even discussed what he's been doing of late.
http://www.tv6tnt.com/sevenpm-news/Stern-John-on-Football-323384051.html

1]; } ?>