April 18, 2024, 05:09:20 AM

Poll

Should Stern John be playing in this world cup campaign

yes
8 (61.5%)
no
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Stern John Thread  (Read 297703 times)

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stern John
« Reply #180 on: November 01, 2005, 10:26:04 AM »
killer yuh could only judge ah man from what he actually did and not based on what if's. just because men doin good in one league dont mean he go be able to cope with another league.we spoke about this a few weeks ago when men was saying that they cannot play with spanish men and so on.

Look we talking International football here. Players face different opposition but no one can deny that some opposition is way below a certain standard. It have man scoring seven goals against Soloman islands (as an example), we have to be realistic in assessment of the individual. That is all I am saying. I eh fighting down Stern achievements.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 01, 2005, 11:08:50 AM »
ok, GOOD! he up dey with de rest.....Right now the most important goal for him to score is against dem Bahrainians.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 01, 2005, 11:13:28 AM »
killer yuh could only judge ah man from what he actually did and not based on what if's. just because men doin good in one league dont mean he go be able to cope with another league.we spoke about this a few weeks ago when men was saying that they cannot play with spanish men and so on.

Morvant yuh being real biased.
Yuh cannot lump Ali Daei, Stern John and Pele in the same list and expect the list to be a credible one.

If yuh jes using it to see how much goals a man score is one thing but if yuh using it to judge how good a goal scorer someone is it eh good.

If yuh place all the strikers on an even keel and put some in the Asian Group some in COMNEBOL and some in CONCACAF it eh go be equal yuh cannot compare them. The groups not equal in strength.

Més que un club.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 01, 2005, 11:22:18 AM »
If y'all ever study statistics, you would know that it would not wise to judge the best striker in the world just by his scoring records......stats don't tell a full story.

However, the top scorers list is not trying to judge who the best striker is, it's just listing the individuals who have been most prolific in scoring for their respective countries...so regardless of who they played against, and who better than who..........we have to give them their props, because they have obviously been very valuable to their nat'l teams......and have put in credit-worthy service.

Stern eh better than Ronaldo...we know that.......and the top scorers list is not implying that either.... so lewwe just give respect where respect is due.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 11:24:10 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 01, 2005, 11:24:26 AM »
Stern John can score on any team as long as he getting the proper service!!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 01, 2005, 11:36:53 AM »
If y'all ever study statistics, you would know that it would not wise to judge the best striker in the world just by his scoring records......stats don't tell a full story.

However, the top scorers list is not trying to judge who the best striker is, it's just listing the individuals who have been most prolific in scoring for their respective countries...so regardless of who they played against, and who better than who..........we have to give them their props, because they have obviously been very valuable to their nat'l teams......and have put in credit-worthy service.

Stern eh better than Ronaldo...we know that.......and the top scorers list is not implying that either.... so lewwe just give respect where respect is due.

that is all I was saying.
Do not use that list as no yardstick to measure anybody by.

Stern good but it have plenty better players than him on the list. So when yuh reading the list jes look at how much goals he have and not compare him to anytbody else on the list.

Més que un club.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 01, 2005, 11:40:26 AM »
all i'm saying is does anyone think that if pele and them fellers was under BSC and getting ah set ah stupid long ball right tru and we have to remember these guys had a unit to compliment them.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 01, 2005, 11:49:42 AM »

If this statement were true Stern would not be playing where he is presently playing

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 01, 2005, 11:58:07 AM »
all i'm saying is does anyone think that if pele and them fellers was under BSC and getting ah set ah stupid long ball right tru and we have to remember these guys had a unit to compliment them.

so leh we flip that scenario now

If the Brasil starting line up did read Carlos Alberto, Jairzinho, Tostão, Gérson  Rivelino, John etc etc

Stern John name would a be first on the goal scoring list??

Més que un club.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 01, 2005, 12:05:25 PM »
call me an asshole but i think yes :beermug:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 01, 2005, 12:10:10 PM »
call me an asshole but i think yes :beermug:

that is what yuh does call blind allegiance.

big up Stern John same way

Més que un club.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 01, 2005, 12:18:11 PM »
well at least we could agree on that :beermug:

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 01, 2005, 12:23:56 PM »

If this statement were true Stern would not be playing where he is presently playing

That is not exactly true either because there are many factors influencing where players play.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 01, 2005, 12:25:41 PM »
Big Up Stern John! ;D

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 01, 2005, 12:34:49 PM »
Big Up Stern John! ;D

INDEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE'S WE HORSE AND WE RIDING HIM TO DE PROMISE LAND!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 01, 2005, 12:45:56 PM »
Question ....Question....so when Yorke score all them goal for MAnU.....that was because he so good our the team real good.....?   Answer this question and then think about what Stern has accomplished
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 01, 2005, 12:50:47 PM »
is that a question if man u was a good team.....................

after yorke left he was'nt gettin beckham crosses again so the goals wer'nt comming as it was b4.

not saying that he aint ah menace but fact is fact.

look at our team now stern scoring two ah game because men feeding him well but the same man goin home to he club and cyar make

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 01, 2005, 01:27:33 PM »
Morvant letting he patriotism blind he better judgement

Més que un club.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 01, 2005, 01:29:19 PM »
guilty as charged. after the 18th i'll go back to my regular self.
i will need two days to cool down ;D

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 01, 2005, 01:32:07 PM »

That is not exactly true either because there are many factors influencing where players play.

Indeed but the better players in the World playing for the better teams in the World.
Who is Marc Lloyd Williams?
Ara Hakobian?
Andrei krolov?

Who? Exactly. All golden Boot winners for the top scorers in Europe over the last 3 years. the fact remain that they playing in Wales, Armenia and Estonia. So they win the award but none play for the better teams in the World. They all scoring goals for fun in their respective leagues. None actually good enough for the top teams. Stern was in the EPL & First division and if he was good enough he would have definately been bought by a big team or even a minnow in the EPL, Portugal, Spain, Germany ----------

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 01, 2005, 01:59:05 PM »

Indeed but the better players in the World playing for the better teams in the World.
Who is Marc Lloyd Williams?
Ara Hakobian?
Andrei krolov?

Who? Exactly. All golden Boot winners for the top scorers in Europe over the last 3 years. the fact remain that they playing in Wales, Armenia and Estonia. So they win the award but none play for the better teams in the World. They all scoring goals for fun in their respective leagues. None actually good enough for the top teams. Stern was in the EPL & First division and if he was good enough he would have definately been bought by a big team or even a minnow in the EPL, Portugal, Spain, Germany ----------

Stern John is world class. If you were to examin his game, whether he's playing in the MLS, EPL or for T&T, he is a goal scorer. He is very efficient with the ball, no unnecessary and extra moves, just deadly finishes. Stern's time in the EPL has been marked by injuries and a goal scoring slump(that many top goal scorers experience from time to time). I firmly believe that he can play on a few Premiership clubs.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #201 on: November 02, 2005, 04:01:58 AM »
Stern John ranked with the top concacaf scorers and with 2 games in hand he could very well be tops.

N./C. American and Caribbean Zone.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 02, 2005, 04:48:53 AM »
Although these stats flattering to some men, STERN JOHN was born a Trinidadian, so the only team he could play for is Trinidad.
Everything else is pure speculation, so with all the great footballers we had, Gally, Steve David, Warren Archibald and have Latapy, Yorke, STERN JOHN still score the most against any opposition.

TREASURER OF STERN FOR GOALS COMMITTEE !!!!
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 02, 2005, 07:28:34 AM »
Although these stats flattering to some men, STERN JOHN was born a Trinidadian, so the only team he could play for is Trinidad.
Everything else is pure speculation, so with all the great footballers we had, Gally, Steve David, Warren Archibald and have Latapy, Yorke, STERN JOHN still score the most against any opposition.

Boss who arguning against that?? Stern doing he business and we will support him. But I agree with what many are saying.

By the way Pointman does World Class not mean being able to play for any team in the World. That is a strong statement boss.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 02, 2005, 07:40:30 AM »
Stern John is a world class...tell me who scoring goals regular for Birmingham City under Steve Bruce? NOBODY ! Tell me who score goals regular for Forest under David Platt? NOBODY !
Tha's not Stern fault if the team not playing a style that aimed toward scoring goals.
I not commenting on Coventry and Derby because the Stern over the period September 2004 to September 2005 was not the same Stern John who is Trinidad's leading goal scorer. Only in the game against Mexico he look like the man we know and love...even the double against the Guats wasn't d 'real' Stern.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 02, 2005, 07:54:10 AM »

Boss who arguning against that?? Stern doing he business and we will support him. But I agree with what many are saying.

By the way Pointman does World Class not mean being able to play for any team in the World. That is a strong statement boss.

Stern mekin any team dred .

World class .
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 02, 2005, 08:13:47 AM »
Stern John is a world class...tell me who scoring goals regular for Birmingham City under Steve Bruce? NOBODY ! Tell me who score goals regular for Forest under David Platt? NOBODY !
Tha's not Stern fault if the team not playing a style that aimed toward scoring goals.
I not commenting on Coventry and Derby because the Stern over the period September 2004 to September 2005 was not the same Stern John who is Trinidad's leading goal scorer. Only in the game against Mexico he look like the man we know and love...even the double against the Guats wasn't d 'real' Stern.

So what you saying Phillips and Forssell is world class players too then.
Phillips top score for he club and the EPL once. Forssell before an almost career ending injury scored 19 goals in 34 games for Birmingham on his debut. He is World Class too then.
Allyuh need to get a better handle on what World Class actually means in terms of World Football.

As I Said Stern is we player so I support him all the way

But World Class players don't play for Derby, Forrest, Birmingham
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 02, 2005, 12:32:44 PM »

let Stern John only do shit come the 12th in that Stadium, yuh go hear them.
Boy Stern John is real shit boy.
He eh go be world class then.

Més que un club.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 02, 2005, 12:36:47 PM »

let Stern John only do shit come the 12th in that Stadium, yuh go hear them.
Boy Stern John is real shit boy.
He eh go be world class then.

;Dhahaha not long ago they was calling for he to get drop. Is only after Panama & Mexico man start to mention Stern in a positive light.
Then again we talking about Trini remember the board when he miss the penalty hahahah
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Swomp

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 02, 2005, 12:53:02 PM »
Plain and simple...STERN JOHN IS A  BOSS

1]; } ?>