March 28, 2024, 06:05:43 AM

Poll

Should Stern John be playing in this world cup campaign

yes
8 (61.5%)
no
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Stern John Thread  (Read 295647 times)

Offline prodigy23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stern John
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2005, 12:50:01 AM »
Tongue, what kinda madness u talking?? i mean i dont post on this site everyday, like u, but de few times i posted something it was about stern john. so do sum research before u call my name, a$$hole.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2005, 01:35:09 AM »
salt and  fresh is ah mad felah ppl doh tek he on . :rotfl:
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
MY NAME IS ...STERN " F#%KIN" JOHN.....NOT SEAN JOHN
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2005, 06:19:31 AM »
IN A BIG RACE MOTHERFU%KERS.....YOU PUT YOUR MONEY ON THE BIG FU%KIN HORSE...FULL STOP......THANK GOD DON LEO HAS SEEN IT ALL BEFORE.....TNT TNT TNT

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
My apologies to Stern
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2005, 06:23:33 AM »
I like many other forumites called for Stern to be benched.  We had endless reasons for that call.  However, Stern proved that as a "big player" ( ;D..in more ways than 1)...he stepped up when we were in  desperate need.  Congrats are also in order to Leo for sticking with Stern.....it just goes to show that soemtimes we as fans don't know ah damn ting....Anyway...congrats Stern and the entire Soca Warriors team....YOU DID US PROUD.

P.S. My apologies again to Stern...u scored 2 crucial goals yesterday....I see some people already bawling u were offside 9 times...very true...but u SCORED 2 CRUCIAL GOALS.....I will take 9 offsides and 2 goals any day.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: MY NAME IS ...STERN " F#%KIN" JOHN.....NOT SEAN JOHN
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2005, 07:03:41 AM »
Ey youth check yourself in a hurry ....man here backing this team before you born.......it eh have no I in team....when yuh get older you'll learn dat....

Offline Maradona7

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2005, 07:06:28 AM »
STERN IS SHITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!! STERN IS SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2005, 07:12:13 AM »
Ey youth check yourself in a hurry ....man here backing this team before you born.......it eh have no I in team....when yuh get older you'll learn dat....

that sounding like BIG magician not small.  Big does use small profile to post sometimes

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2005, 07:23:35 AM »
Stern has now moved to 11th on de all time list of international goal scorers. He now has 61 goals in 85 games, a strike rate of 72%.

Tallman,  you have that list available?  would be nice to see what kinda names stern keeping company with in the top 15 or 20 there.

Players with 30 or more international goals
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Maradona7

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2005, 07:27:52 AM »
DROP STERN!!!!!!!!!!!!! offside a million times..out of the last few games he had 12000 chances scored 2..thank GOD it was against GU....he lucky.........DROP HIM!!!!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2005, 07:36:25 AM »
fair enough..... but youthful enthusiasm or excessive liquor father or son....they still have to check themselves they

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2005, 08:05:31 AM »
sorry fellas  and sorry small magician....it is i the big magician who made the post......maradona 7......hear wha going on........FU#K OFF
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
Re: My apologies to Stern
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2005, 08:56:15 AM »
I doh tink apologies are needed for Stern...he wasnt scoring and his performances were not helping us. majority of posters and football people kept sayin dis....however tonite he found his touch and was able to score not one but 2 goals for US....Stern wuk is to score goals and the critasizin is jus someting he have tuh deal wit.....

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
john
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2005, 09:17:13 AM »
Guatemalan reporters saying that the goal from Stern John came due to the fact the his marker was off the field being treated for a cut on his face  ???

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: john
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2005, 09:24:45 AM »
Quote : "Both goals came as defender Gustavo Cabrera, John's marker, was being treated off the field for a cut on the cheek."
i didnt notice anyman walking off d field from injury at dat time ??? ???

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
devil's advocate
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2005, 09:24:45 AM »
Do we fall into the same syndrome of sugar coating everything and willing to overlook all shortcomings so blatantly evident in Calypso Cricket by transposing that attitude to Trinidad & Tobago Football?

Stern John has been through the cliche dry-patch that Brian Lara saw in the late 90s. As the faithful, we preached "Form is temporary, class is permanent". Lara was always the best and it was only a matter of time and tweeking his technique in a game that offers the relief of getting "another chance". Trinidad & Tobago does not have that other chance - we have 90 minutes per game and only a few more games remaining before the two best footballers of our generation hang up their international boots for good.
What we must ask is whether or not Stern's 2 goals in 2 minutes heralds a return to form? ..... or was it temporary relief - at a juncture that warranted more than just luck and magic - but more of divine intervention.

What's .. Who's to say that Stern John has returned to form? .... what if he goes into another crucial matchup on Wednesday and does not revert to "Stern Turn" ..... but the "Stern Stumble"? There isn't going to be a strong enough Trini presence in Costa Rica to drown out the Ticos and plead for a sub.

At the most throughout the campaign, Stern John has looked nothing but a shadow of his former self .... and do we risk wasting a sub on him on Wednesday by starting him and hoping that his renewed confidence is translated in goals galore? ... or do we start Scott Sealy ... or call upon the services of the ever willing, ever goal scoring - Cornell Glen?

I did not see the match, but I have had to rely on post match reports - so I might be wrong in my evaluation of Stern's performance ... but anything less would be a dis-service to Trinidad & Tobago's drive to accomplish one of the nation's ultimate goals.

Hopefully my pessimism is an over-reaction, and he bangs in two more early on in Costa Rica - my passports been ready since 1990, and I really don't want Nov 19th to come on Oct 12th in Mexico.

Go Warriors!!

truetrini

« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2005, 09:25:56 AM »
so what?

Is licks in dey arse. me eh care if he was orf getting he arse waxed by triniman.

Is gollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2005, 09:29:03 AM »
true

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2005, 09:33:42 AM »
THAT IS TRUE...DE MAN CAME OFF FOR TREATMENT.....SO WHA DEM GUATS EXPECT....FOR WE COACH TO TELL A DE GUATS TO REORGANISE AND MARK STERN...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2005, 11:50:20 AM »
With alll due respects:

This is a player who has done yeoman duty for TNT; had the good times and had recently suffered the indignities of failures to the point he was subbed off aganist the USA. This is aplayer who has battled the critics and endured the  wrath of a  the fan's frustration; this is a player who has been a scapegoat for our team's failures, NOW he has redeemed himself and man still questioning? ah shucks!!!

Let's give the man some slack today!!!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2005, 12:36:01 PM »
Well done Stern.  Plenty folks don't understand that you play your heart out for T&T, never turn down an international game even if yuh manager in the UK want to put you in de dog house. These little ungrateful johhny-come-lately shitheads don't understand that your name was "Bound to score" and could easily be changed to "Bound to eventually score". Thanks for scoring those goals in the dying minutes with all that pressure,  when nerves were fraying all around you. Thank you Dwight for that do or die run that you made and instinctively gave it to Stern instead of trying something yourself. Magic. Thank you Beenie for having the wisdom and judgement and faith.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2005, 01:15:37 PM »
I for one have great respect for the sacrifices Stern has made for T&T.  Though they are greater players, you cannot say the same for Latas and Yorke. I have sympathy with the fella losing it with the fans as he has been getting stick pretty much non-stop fuh the whole campaign....he was bound tuh break sooner or later, he only human. I must also say he should start the next game as its madness to drop a scoring striker.

What I am unhappy about is blind praise of the guy.  I have seen most of Stern's performances this campaign (eventually) and I'm sorry but the guy was getting pick purely based on past reputation and not current form.  We can say Stern has made a significant contribution to this campaign but to say it has been a mainly positive contribution....well sorry I will only admit that if we come fourth or higher after 10 games. With the amount of high quality chances that man has wasted this campaign we would have been in a strong 3rd place and (dare I say it) Gold cup finalists by now if he had scored 30% of them!!   

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2005, 01:18:11 PM »
True Rodney, but he is perhaps the best we have right now, well at least tried and tested.
We need a striker to ketch fire if we are to get to Germany.
I see Stern more likley to do that than Jones, Sealy, Scotland.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2005, 01:24:40 PM »
Stern John willing to sacrifice place.  :o
By: Shaun Fuentes

Check the archives for theis postings; de man is aware of his inept play but he  has  also been given an opportunity to redeem himself; He did so now could we let him build on this performance?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2005, 01:34:52 PM »
Stern is the best goalscorer TnT ever produced (at least in modern times...I too young to go back before the late 80s). The man was out of form and it is normal that some fans wanted him to ride the bench since there were some young warriors out there who seemed to be in better form, and seemed hungrier. Why all the Stern fans acting like they want to throw Stern goals in everbody face? It real sad that you all believe that everyone not elated too. Maybe there are some serious Stern haters out there. But so what? let them be miserable. As far as I can see, just about everyone want the old Stern back. Those that cuss him and get personal done get they cuss from Stern 'self yesterday ;D

Anyhow, the truth be told, stern 2 goals are exactly that....2 goals. He had a poor game and missed some golden opportunities. That is not hate, that is just how some see it. I am not surprised that some still want him on the bench, cause they believe that if he really was the old Stren he would have 4 goals yesterday. I don't know if I agree with that, but I doh see it as hate, or ungratefulness, just a different opinion. Stern has not proven that he is back to form, and I am sure he feels thee same way. It makes  no sense to get carried away after 1 game, when we have so much still to do. BUT he has earned the chance to try and continue his exploits against Costa Rica. Just as you argue people should not get carried away after numerous poor performances, it is good to follow your own advice, and not get too carried away after 1 effective performance. For now, let us jus be happy and hope he gives Costa Rica hell.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2005, 01:40:58 PM »

We can say Stern has made a significant contribution to this campaign but to say it has been a mainly positive contribution....well sorry I will only admit that if we come fourth or higher after 10 games.

simple truth, if it wasn't for stern double, yesterday  woulda be Novermebr 19th pt 2...ah lie? so you wouldn't say that was positive?

With the amount of high quality chances that man has wasted this campaign we would have been in a strong 3rd place and (dare I say it) Gold cup finalists by now if he had scored 30% of them!!

alright, somebody else have to help me here and let we go back thru all the matches one by one.
USA match...me ent think stern had any real chance he throw way there
Mexico Match -  neither.
Panama match - it ent really matter cuz we win anyway ie you could only get 3 pts from a win right?.

anyway, that topic aside...we spend months and months talking about trinidad doh have a midfield...we bring in and add it up piece by piece.
How the hell you expect the man to score if he not gettin no ball?  Since when trinidad get so bold to expect they striker to score every chance given to him?  As far as I see from wathcin football, most teams does have 9 -12 shots at goal and score 2...dat doh mean men does harp on the 7-10 that they throw way...anyway I now seein myself biased on the for stern side so ah go stop...but naswer mih this one b4 I go.
we make it to the world cup, trinidad score 1 goal in teh whole tournament....who most likely score that goal?

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2005, 01:45:10 PM »
The various points are getting more responsible now. What was bad, was the shameful, unpatriotic abusive, contemptuous, ungrateful remarks. You can call him out of form or suggest he be benched for a while but making comments that have the "shittong-like" vulgarity is hate and displaced hate. It's wrong (for those who are doing it). The tone is wrong. Criticism is good and welcome. Don't get me wrong.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2005, 01:45:51 PM »
Stern is the best goalscorer TnT ever produced (at least in modern times...I too young to go back before the late 80s).

Sorry Fella, Steve David was better...maybe a bit before your time...but T&T didn't play half as much then as they do now or his record would have been fantastic!.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2005, 01:51:39 PM »
Heheh...I like it, but I cah go back that far.
Plus, I  said he is the best goalscorer...which is all about stats. And as far as I know, you canot touch Stern stats.
The best forward (not just goalscorer) in modern times was Leonson Lewis. Could finish like Stern, but had everything else too. Technique, speed, dribbling...Real underrated Trini genius

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2005, 02:08:43 PM »

We can say Stern has made a significant contribution to this campaign but to say it has been a mainly positive contribution....well sorry I will only admit that if we come fourth or higher after 10 games.

simple truth, if it wasn't for stern double, yesterday  woulda be Novermebr 19th pt 2...ah lie? so you wouldn't say that was positive?

With the amount of high quality chances that man has wasted this campaign we would have been in a strong 3rd place and (dare I say it) Gold cup finalists by now if he had scored 30% of them!!

alright, somebody else have to help me here and let we go back thru all the matches one by one.
USA match...me ent think stern had any real chance he throw way there
Mexico Match -  neither.
Panama match - it ent really matter cuz we win anyway ie you could only get 3 pts from a win right?.

anyway, that topic aside...we spend months and months talking about trinidad doh have a midfield...we bring in and add it up piece by piece.
How the hell you expect the man to score if he not gettin no ball?  Since when trinidad get so bold to expect they striker to score every chance given to him?  As far as I see from wathcin football, most teams does have 9 -12 shots at goal and score 2...dat doh mean men does harp on the 7-10 that they throw way...anyway I now seein myself biased on the for stern side so ah go stop...but naswer mih this one b4 I go.
we make it to the world cup, trinidad score 1 goal in teh whole tournament....who most likely score that goal?

Just to retort  :devil: ...so yuh call 2 goals in one game a mainly positive contribution over the 7 games we have played so far in the hex. It was a positive contribution in one game...I did say after all 10games.

Believe what you will about his opportunities during the campaign...that truely is a matter of opinion but are you saying Stern has deserved his pick in EVERY game so far this campaign (including the GC). And that he has scored all the clearcut chances served up for him.  So you saying Stern in form then? Notice I did'nt say First or Second place for T&T so I think I did take into account the opponents we were not supposed to mash up!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 02:12:47 PM by Rodney »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2005, 02:11:57 PM »
Rodney,
Do you know something about Stern's abliity that Beenhakker does not?

Doh take it the wrong way; maybe yuh see soemthing or you know soemthing from John's play in the U.K that may shed soem light oh his form of late.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 02:27:44 PM by AlbertaTrini »

1]; } ?>