April 24, 2024, 06:39:57 AM

Author Topic: Mucurapo travel well in SSFL Big-Five.  (Read 6011 times)

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mucurapo travel well in SSFL Big-Five.
« on: October 23, 2006, 04:59:23 PM »
Mucurapo travel well ...drub Carapichaima.
By: Kern De Freitas (Express).
[/size]

Home advantage usually counts for a lot in a BGTT Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) "Big Five" quarterfinal.
It meant little, though, to Mucurapo Senior Comprehensive, as they travelled to the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva to meet Carapichaima Senior Comprehen-sive and came away with a resounding 5-1 victory.
SSFL North Zone champions Mucurapo were clear favourites going into the match. Carapichaima, though, hoped they could pull off the upset and extend their unbeaten streak. But four unanswered goals in the first half put paid to that notion.
Skipper Kevon Piper gave Mucurapo the lead in the 14th minute from the penalty spot, beating Carapichaima 'keeper Michael Renaud low to his left.
That saw the previously confident Central Zone champs drop their intensity. Their lack of attention to Mucurapo winger Nicholas Valentine in the 22nd allowed him enough space to cross from the right flank and Ricardo Peltier directed the ball into the net.
Peltier got his second eight minutes later. Again, sluggish defending let him in and he beat Renaud in a one-on-one contest.
Peltier's hat-trick and Mucurapo's fourth came in the 45th, as Piper weaved his way into the area, slotting past Renaud across the goal for his teammate to tap in.
It seemed more of the same for a talented, but clearly overwhelmed Carapichaima outfit, when Al Muhammed got his name on the scoresheet in the 55th.
But the Central side gave a much better performance in the second session, beginning with a goal from Matthew Quashie in the 58th, a low free kick that passed through the legs of Mucurapo goalie Denzil Carabon.
Neither team could find the net again in the final 45 minutes.
Mucurapo's hard work up front, though, put them into the semi-finals, where they will now face Naparima College from 4 p.m. Saturday at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella.
The other semi-final takes place on Thursday, when East Zone winners St Augustine travel to the Dwight Yorke Stadium in Tobago to take on Scarborough Secondary, again from 4 p.m.

Big Five quarterfinal result:

Mucurapo Senior Comprehensive 5 (Kevon Piper 14th, Ricardo Peltier 22nd, 30th, 45th, Al Muhammed 55th) v Carapichaima 1 (Matthew Quashie 58th)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 04:59:13 AM by Flex »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Big Five Score ?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 06:24:06 PM »
Mucorapo 5   Carapachima 0

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 08:20:09 PM »
the game actually end up Mucurapo 5  Carapachima 1
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 08:42:18 PM »
But wait wasn't Caps real beating up on side in they zone?

They come and get five?
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 09:41:44 PM »
 :applause:..very nice tuh hear..next stop 28th licks in naps.... :salute:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 09:53:14 PM »

th4 Central zone has historically been the weakest Zone so that the fact that they beat up people in that zone eh mean nothing. They have come a long way as they have been able to beat perenial champs Pres Chag
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 10:21:49 PM »
Look the goal some slack defending...

http://www.schoolsoccernet.com/index.cfm?Content=371

how old is Ricardo Peltier ? oh and check the Carapichaima Goal lord have mercy...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 09:18:58 AM by Naminirt »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mucurapo travel well in SSFL Big-Five.
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 06:34:01 AM »
I must say, the standard real poor dread.  Ball going thru the keeper leg... poor keeping all around.  Plus for this age group, the play is moving entirely too slow... No longer we struggling on the youth level....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 07:19:55 AM »
I was away...

Who won the 2006 North, East, South, Central and Tobago Intercol ?

So far I think Mucorapo, Carapachima, Naps, who else ?

So Fatima did not win in North ?

Thank you...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 07:21:56 AM by Flex »

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 07:27:21 AM »
I was away...

Thank you...

Go to this site: www.schoolsoccernet.com.

All your questions will be answered there.

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 07:30:22 AM »
I'm late for work...

Sorry I dont have the time to search, can you just post it for me ?

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 08:12:17 AM »
I'm late for work...

Sorry I dont have the time to search, can you just post it for me ?

BYE!  ;D

Offline saintsman

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 08:39:55 AM »
man colleges league standard real drop . The play slow like molasses and the keepers leave alot to be desired, but we still can beat a man fuh so.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 08:53:32 AM »
man colleges league standard real drop . The play slow like molasses and the keepers leave alot to be desired, but we still can beat a man fuh so.

They are slow So could that be a fitness problem  .. at least our ssfl players like to do step overs now
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 09:23:44 AM by Naminirt »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 12:01:05 PM »
That league not producing players right now, cause the standard of coaching and coaching methods are lacking.  Look at the Mucurapo keeper.  That is basic GK training.  The defending leaves a lot to be desired, and yuh could see that teams just lying down as soon as they concede a goal.  The pace is slow and pathetic.  Corneal right to want to pull the national players out of that league.  I'm a product of the league, but ah have to say it is seriously on the decline.  The professional clubs must assume the role of producing players for the national youth teams.  Another thing is that they are playing too much football in a short space of time.  There needs to be a national colleges league.  Weed out the teams not fit to play at that level, and let them play in their respective zones.  A playoff system should be used to promote teams from the zones to the national SSFL.  That would make things a bit tighter and ensure a higher level of football.  Imagine a zonall winner taking 4 or five, and they cyar even offer some resistance.  That never used to happen.  The Big Five is like ah joke. Good teams like P. Town and Fatima looking while Caps and dem embarassing themselves.  Do away with the zonal system.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 02:56:20 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 10:05:50 AM »

Intercol aint start yet.....those are the league winners.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 12:34:15 PM by Benchwarmer »

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 12:20:25 PM »
I was away...

Thank you...

so yuh mean to tell meh golden grove eh have no tv, newspaper or internet access  :-\ ......
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2006, 06:41:05 PM »
With all due respect, the SSFL amounts to very poor quality football. It's unfortunate that these players have to represent Trinidad and Tobago at other levels. The SSFL not developing the players. There is absolutely poor defending (marking and tracking), poor goalkeeping, no possession, no anticipation and speed of play....it's sad!!!! :-\

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2006, 07:01:17 PM »
With all due respect, the SSFL amounts to very poor quality football. It's unfortunate that these players have to represent Trinidad and Tobago at other levels. The SSFL not developing the players. There is absolutely poor defending (marking and tracking), poor goalkeeping, no possession, no anticipation and speed of play....it's sad!!!! :-\

Kingman

This is so true  >:(

1]; } ?>