April 28, 2024, 06:23:16 AM

Author Topic: La Brea Football links up with US academy.  (Read 4020 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
La Brea Football links up with US academy.
« on: October 26, 2006, 09:08:22 AM »
La Brea Football links up with US academy.
Trinidad Express.

Football is definitely on the upswing in La Brea, especially since Alutrint came on the scene. These are the words of former "Soca Warrior" Anthony Rougier who is also the Technical Director of the La Brea Football Academy.
The Academy was started two years ago by the late Winston Sinclair, a former national team manager and members of the famous " Strike Squad' Larry Joseph, Philbert Jones and Floyd Lawrence. Lawrence is now coach of the Academy's senior team, the Alutrint La Brea All Stars, who campaigno in the championship division of the Southern Football Association.
The All Stars recently qualified for the SFA's "Big Six" competition and won their first game 2-0 against T&TEC.
But it is the youth section that makes Rougier even more proud. He told the Express, "We have a coaching clinic every Saturday morning for all the young footballers in the area. This is sponsored by Alutrint and the Sports Company and we have over 100 youngsters attending. Our mission is to capture the young talent and develop it right up to the senior level".
Last week, the La Brea Academy hosted a visit from former US national defender Desmond Armstrong who is a director of the Premier Soccer Academy in Cleveland, Ohio. The US Academy also boasts US goalkeeper Brad Friedel and former England striker John Barnes on their coaching staff.
Armstrong visited La Brea to establish a link between the two Academies.
After conducting a coaching clinic at the Brighton Ground in La Brea, Armstrong remarked that he was " very satisfied with the ability of the youngsters". He also praised the sponsors . Alutrint and the Sports Company, for "investing in the youth of La Brea".
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 05:27:42 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: La Brea Football links up with US academy.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 05:30:13 PM »
The Academy was started two years ago by the late Winston Sinclair

Winston Sinclair is a personal friend my mine, did I read right here ?
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 05:39:00 PM »
This PSA  academy is actually the only free academy in the US and Brad Friedel the pumps most of his own money to keep it running he also uses his influents to get big players to come out and help him hope Yorke or Latapy can do the same one day 
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 07:23:23 PM »
The Academy was started two years ago by the late Winston Sinclair

Winston Sinclair is a personal friend my mine, did I read right here ?

Yeh, it look so  :(. Check dis link.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 06:32:08 AM »
Very sad indeed.... he was a good person.... he worked with United Petrotrin, SWIF, SW Drillers and Brian Williams for a long time and was always involved in developing football in south.

RIP. Brother...
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 06:50:31 AM »

Yeah man Flex this is Trinitim and I live in La Brea. Presently I am in the US in University but it is true , he died over the summer, when I was home it was a shock to the whole neighbourhood. I believe it had something to do with his heart, and I believe he was driving as well he lossed control and crashed. But he died i think from Heart Attack. Very Sad !!!! He was the man that promoted football in LA Brea. His funeral was packed with football affiliated people. So I just wanted to confirm that it is indeed true. I was at the funeral.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 05:26:55 AM »

Yeah man Flex this is Trinitim and I live in La Brea. Presently I am in the US in University but it is true , he died over the summer, when I was home it was a shock to the whole neighbourhood. I believe it had something to do with his heart, and I believe he was driving as well he lossed control and crashed. But he died i think from Heart Attack. Very Sad !!!! He was the man that promoted football in LA Brea. His funeral was packed with football affiliated people. So I just wanted to confirm that it is indeed true. I was at the funeral.

Thanx for the update...... By chance how old was Winston ?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 10:49:00 AM »

Thanx for the update...... By chance how old was Winston ?

He was 57.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 12:30:59 PM »
Friedel's reach in the region continues. Check this article coming out of Barbados today.

http://www.nationnews.com/309529389564736.php

It's really interesting to see where Greg Castagne (son of Pat?
http://www.nalis.gov.tt/Biography/bio_PAT-CASTAGNE-composerNatAnthem.htm) has taken his vision.

1]; } ?>