April 19, 2024, 06:44:40 AM

Author Topic: SSFL rescinds decision to reduce number of teams in 2007  (Read 4957 times)

Offline swood

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
SSFL rescinds decision to reduce number of teams in 2007
« on: October 28, 2006, 12:41:40 PM »
SSFL rescinds decision to reduce teams in 2007.
By: Sheldon Wood (schoolsoccernet).
[/size]

The Secondary Schools Football League has rescinded its decision to reduce the number of teams participating in the 2007 League.
In a meeting held earlier this week, the SSFL has unanimously decided to keep the number of teams in the North, East and South Zones to seven.
The SSFL initially chose to deal with the concerns of the season being too compact, as coaches complained about teams having to play four matches in seven days. The proposed “solution” to this issue was to reduce the number of competing teams in an effort to lessen the number of games, and also ensure that only the very best teams remained in the competition.
As the 2006 League draws to a conclusion, a reversal in this way of thinking still begs the question, how does the league deal with the clutter of matches played in such a short space of time?
Interestingly enough, this decision has given a lifeline to some teams who only a week earlier were trying to come to terms with the grim reality of automatic relegation and relegation playoffs.
In the North Zone, Trinity College will no longer be required to play a relegation playoff while St. Mary’s College will need to playoff the winner of the Senior Division ONLY IF a “non-championship” team wins the second tier league.
In the South, St. Benedict’s College will remain in the Championship division, while Fyzabad will be in a similar situation as St. Mary’s College; i.e. playoff with the winner of the South Senior Division ONLY IF the winner is a “non championship” team.
Finally in the East Zone, Malabar will remain in top flight school’s football, whilst Arima Senior Comprehensive will playoff the East Senior Division winners only if a “non championship” team emerges victorious.
While this may be good news for some teams, the burning questions still to be answered remain.
What exactly prompted a change of heart from the SSFL?
Is the issue of the season being too compact going to be addressed? And if so how?
What of the thought of “weeding out” the weaker teams in the league in an attempt to keep the SSFL at a certain standard?

Stay tuned…
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 02:34:52 PM by Flex »

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SSFL rescinds decision to reduce number of teams in 2007
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 01:14:50 PM »
There is still hope for us..............I hope that the Tootenham coach is on his way back to England already
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 01:20:47 PM »
to borrow a line from buju---well its politics time again, are you gonna vote now?
cic, benedicts and to a lessre extent Arima....are you gonna vote now?

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 01:34:57 PM »
lol   we deserve to be relegated in all fairness....

but i guess dis is why we are the Saints

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 01:49:27 PM »
As the 2006 League draws to a conclusion, a reversal in this way of thinking still begs the question, how does the league deal with the clutter of matches played in such a short space of time?

steupse.

If yuh eh reducing the number of games yuh have to extend the season.
But they will refuse to do that and remain scratching their heads.

This is the league that supposed to develop our young players?  How long it was...a month and a half not counting intercol.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 08:11:12 PM »
Yep.  If was Trinity, Moruga, Toco and company, that shit would ah never happen.  But some founding members shit on they tail this season and the tune change.  Trinidad is ah joke!  We does apply rules to suit the situation.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 08:19:35 PM »
Yep.  If was Trinity, Moruga, Toco and company, that shit would ah never happen.  But some founding members shit on they tail this season and the tune change.  Trinidad is ah joke!  We does apply rules to suit the situation.

very true..they complain about too much games played in a short space of time and the quality of league is poor with 7 teams...now that CIC get relegated, the rules change..trinidad is ah big joke.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 08:59:18 PM »
Okay, why not run the league like US college soccer. Confermnce and regular season games.  Like south zone, whoever is in that zone will be in that conference, so they play each other once for the season. Then coaches can contact each other through out the country and schedule other non-conference games for eg Naps can call Mucurapo and schedule a game, they agree on terms and draw up a contract. 

Whoever has the best regular season record win the league, who win the most conference games gets to host the tournament. Announce all conference palyers etc at this time. Say no more than 14 games including conference games. All schedules are to be handed into the League prior to the season.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 05:39:14 AM »
Steuppppssssssssssssssssssss

This is why teams that playing Championship div should not have a team in the Senior division

Besides is some kinda politics went orn here to prevent the Saints from going down.

Never know, a side who not in the Championship div might win it and Saints might have to go to a play orf and they might lorse  :devil:

But if they remain is no scene...we go jest coast on dem come next yearand bump up we goal average........cause it have no way that side gettin better with the players they have at their disposal.

Small Magician I feel yuh go hadda run out and show dem how to strike.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 06:26:30 AM »
Steuppppssssssssssssssssssss

This is why teams that playing Championship div should not have a team in the Senior division

Besides is some kinda politics went orn here to prevent the Saints from going down.

Never know, a side who not in the Championship div might win it and Saints might have to go to a play orf and they might lorse  :devil:

But if they remain is no scene...we go jest coast on dem come next yearand bump up we goal average........cause it have no way that side gettin better with the players they have at their disposal.

Small Magician I feel yuh go hadda run out and show dem how to strike.

with a broken metatarsal? lol    i cah run till late december

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 08:17:27 AM »
CIC ! CIC !
Banana republic

rules...CIC kyah go down. malick, Arima etc. yes but CIC no !
I was waiting to see how they woudda get this reprieve....

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 08:57:52 AM »
I would like to see saints stay up just to continue the fatima-cic-qrc games
But why a 2nd div winner have to go through a playoff vs saints? If they wind their div and have no 1st div team then promote them.
and let me guess that game wil be on serpentine road?

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 09:24:23 AM »
CIC ! CIC !
Banana republic

rules...CIC kyah go down. malick, Arima etc. yes but CIC no !
I was waiting to see how they woudda get this reprieve....

this is the second post i responding to you with

nothing against you but MALICK ???

malick finish 3rd in we division

malick is one ah de only teams consistantly beating men year after year

stupessssssssss

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 10:04:32 AM »

stupessssssssss

Ah didn't get dat from he post Morvant.  Ah get de impression de man meant IF a Malick or Arima find demself in a similar situation as CIC did dis season, it wouldn't have no rule changes to prevent dem from bein relegated.

Jes my take.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2006, 08:51:52 PM »

stupessssssssss

Ah didn't get dat from he post Morvant.  Ah get de impression de man meant IF a Malick or Arima find demself in a similar situation as CIC did dis season, it wouldn't have no rule changes to prevent dem from bein relegated.

Jes my take.

Thanks palos...must be an age thing with these younguns ! Missed the point clean.

1]; } ?>