April 25, 2024, 11:24:57 PM

Author Topic: Aloes’ son gunned down.  (Read 3666 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Aloes’ son gunned down.
« on: October 31, 2006, 07:05:06 AM »
Aloes’ son gunned down.
T&T Newsday.

Former Calypso Monarch Michael ‘Sugar Aloes’ Osuna and his family are in shock over the murder of his son Keno, 26, who was killed on Sunday night after being shot five times by three gunmen at Sea Lots, Port-of-Spain.

When Newsday visited Osuna’s Bon Air Gardens, Arouca home yesterday, a woman said the calypsonian was not available for comment. Osuna is recovering from surgery which he underwent several months ago in Antigua.

The woman said Osuna and his family were shaken up over Keno’s killing which police believe is linked to an incident that took place last week.

Keno, a father of three, was at a fund-raising event in Sea Lots on Friday night, when someone snatched a chain from a patron, police reported.

Police said Keno spoke to three men about the theft, urging them to stop their life of crime which had given the yard, where he lived just off the Beetham Highway, a bad reputation.

The men accused Keno of being disrespectful and threatened him.

The men, police said, fulfilled their threat at about 11.45 pm on Sunday, when they accosted Keno during a christening at his neighbour’s home and shot him five times.

An eyewitness told Newsday she heard one of the men telling someone to fire a fifth shot to make sure Keno was dead. The killers then ran away.

Neighbours took Keno to the Port-of-Spain General Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival. Keno’s neighbours said he was a person who tried to instill good values in the people around him.

They added that he bravely criticised thieves who ran through his yard after they snatched jewelry from persons in cars and pedestrians.

In a statement yesterday, Trinbago Unified Calypsonians Organisation (TUCO) East Zone officials offered condolences and support to the Osuna family. Up to late yesterday no arrests were made and investigations are continuing.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Aloes’ son gunned down.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 08:15:10 AM »
Whey daiz real Menace to society ,gangsta shit,jed :whistling: But you can't walk up and try to reason ,with madmen without fully sizing up the situation .

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 09:40:05 AM »
is dey mentality of dese gang members

all dey know bout is fighting and killing....nothing else
remember majority of dem didn't have a good family upbringing and lacking education.
fastest way to make ah living in via money even if you hadda kill someone to get it.

in aloes son case who really knows what happened dere

sad tho

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 09:53:41 AM »
this real sad. it goes to show how words real overvalued at times. look how the man gone and try to talk some sense to these fellas. words not enough. harden is harden.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 11:15:15 AM »
very very sad
my condolences to His Family, friends and neighbours
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 11:33:41 AM »
you guys are so right. imagine offering good advice now is a "diss" my word what going on this smacks so much of american urban/thug cul;ture shit. any and everything isa  dis respect and the only way to save face is a to shoot n kill.
set ah fukin cowards.
POP they neck!!!!
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 11:45:32 AM »
Condolences ... buh wha is de consensus on de forum ... are we really willing to wait until Trini develops police death squads and corprorate-funded vigilante groups armed as paras?

Government is making mockery of national and internal security. Watch de ride.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 11:52:42 AM »
Condolences ... buh wha is de consensus on de forum ... are we really willing to wait until Trini develops police death squads and corporate-funded vigilante groups armed as paras?

but seriously what should be done ???
1) I believe TnT must hire more police officers so that they can have the bodies to respond to different situations...
2) Secondly, there MUST start programs in Schools AND Communities reflecting on how this type of behaviour has a negative affect on the society.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 12:19:36 PM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 01:50:46 PM »
Condolences ... buh wha is de consensus on de forum ... are we really willing to wait until Trini develops police death squads and corporate-funded vigilante groups armed as paras?

1) I believe TnT must hire more police officers so that they can have the bodies to respond to different situations...
2) Secondly, there MUST start programs in Schools AND Communities reflecting on how this type of behaviour has a negative affect on the society.

Bring back hangings so all dem pedophiles, gangstas,bandits and rapists have something to fear again!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 01:53:56 PM »
Eh? T&T doh hang people no more??

I know the lashes have been banned...but since chadee and em swing, capital punishmnet done?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 01:59:11 PM »
"Capital punishment in the region virtually ceased following a 1993 ruling by the Privy Council. The Council's ruling in a Jamaican case stipulated that delays of more than five years between convictions and executions constituted cruel and unusual punishment. As a result hundreds of inmates on death row had their sentences commuted to life in prison. To this day the Council remains the court of last resort in many of the Caribbean islands formerly ruled by the British, a vestige of the colonial past."
http://www.wsws.org/articles/1999/jun1999/cari-j17.shtml
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 02:06:52 PM »

bredda, that's window dressing ... cosmetics ...

my thing is attack this thing @ the core ...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 02:13:57 PM »
/where/who/what is the the core?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 02:16:24 PM »
bredda, that's window dressing ... cosmetics ...
my thing is attack this thing @ the core ...
I feel that you are right (not too sure what you have in mind) for the short term.
but i also think that nothing much will change if we do not get people to change the way they think, so gettin them to figure out how to change the situation by bringing in programs in schools and communities will have long term results
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 11:35:48 AM by RedHowler »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006, 02:22:53 PM »

Bring back hangings so all dem pedophiles, gangstas,bandits and rapists have something to fear again!

ah sayin dis since god knows how long

set ah example...datz all dey government need tur do ya know....
all dey need is 3 ah dem on death row....datz all
no appeals....nothing
just give dem dey last supper ah KFC and next morning let dem swing
and when it done....den let dey public know.

all dem religious group, opposition and who like to walk roun' dey savannah and flash dey car light...let dem talk out dey ass bout dey government make such ah "terrible" decision and "doth shall not kill" and dey didn't hafta do dat.....I say Hull allyuh ass
None ah dem giving or discussing ways to crub dey crime situation...only talk talk talk and pay meh fur meh advice too eh. No effin action.
Steups, god knows why me ain't minister ah national security or dey COP sweet ting nah... >:(

SET AH EXAMPLE

asylumseeker dear, more police officers for what ? When ya call for example St Joseph police station dey ain't have vehicle and you hadda go pick up ah officer...and dat happening to dey majority ah stations on dey east/west corridor.

School ??? ya cyah cut dey ass and ya cyah speak to dem no more, cause dey parents coming in school to cut your ass...or better yet, dey student cuttin ya ass right dey.  So what is dey point ???

Ya hire ah police officer, ah guidance officer to go to schools to discuss lets say, crime, parenting, family planning, sex etc. Who you think these teenagers will listen too??? TV, music, dey peers, dey watless parents vs police officer and guidance officer.

Today's newspaper had ah student stab another student several times right infront dey security guard....or dey guard witness it.
What dat telling me is NO Respect for authority. >:(

LET dem Swing

ah done

« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 02:33:45 PM by TriniCana »

1]; } ?>