April 24, 2024, 03:15:21 AM

Author Topic: Two-star artifical pitch on stream at Marvin Lee Stadium.  (Read 10914 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Two-star artifical pitch on stream at Marvin Lee Stadium.
« on: October 31, 2006, 04:12:02 PM »
Two-star artifical pitch on stream at Marvin Lee Stadium.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago is set to become the first country in the CONCACAF region with a FIFA two-star artificial football pitch.
This was revealed by Arnoud Fiolet of European-based sports and leisure grass company Domo. Fiolet is currently in this country and on Tuesday completed an inspection of the Marvin Lee Stadium where the artificial playing surface is being laid.
The Belgium company, rated worldwide to be among the top three companies for artificial grass has been hired by FIFA to construct the pitch and have done similar jobs in Europe. Fiolet described the current one as a massive project as it will be the first of its kind in CONCACAF at a cost in excess of USD-600,000.
This is the second Goal Project  for Trinidad and Tobago following the construction of the Futsal Indoor playing facility at the Dr Joao Havelange Centre of Excellence last year.
This new pitch, according to Fiolet is expected to be completed and ready for playing in three months time which for Jack Warner as President of CONCACAF will be a boost for playing conditions not just locally but also in the region. The TTFF as well is excited over the new facility.
“This is a very important FIFA project. It’s a FIFA two-star pitch meaning that the highest quality of football can be played on this. There is a very limited number pf pitches in the world that are FIFA two-star and Trinidad is the first country in the CONCACAF to receive this. It is of utmost important and this is why officials from Doma have come here to ensure that everything goes to plan,” Fiolet told TTFF Media.
At present, he added that the project is at the sub-base stage which he described as “the most critical stage and then there’s one more layer of soil to be added. All the materials are already in the country including the grass which has to be laid down. We expect it to be ready in another three months.”
Fiolet mentioned that similar surfaces have been laid down in Norway, Holland and the United Kingdom.
A FIFA statement added “FIFA is very much in favour of the installation and use of artificial turf in climates and stadium microclimates where the maintenance and growth of natural grass is difficult. Many regions of the world suffer from extreme climatic conditions and as a result are often without adequate natural grass pitches. Likewise, the trend to build stadia with roofs and steep terraces for additional spectator comfort often creates an environment better suited to artificial turf.
“The newest generation of artificial surfaces combines the advantages of similar playing characteristics as natural turf, including increased player comfort and safety, with low maintenance and extended usage. The FIFA Quality Concept will identify those products of the newest generation specifically suited to football.
Also present at Tuesday’s inspection was Stefaan Rossel, junior project development for Domo, Medici Sports consultant director Eric Harrison as well as deputy FIFA Development Officer Daryll Warner, Brian Ibrahim of Terra Forma, the local contracting company involved in the project and Marvin Lee Stadium manager Neil Mollineau.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: Two-star artifical pitch on stream at Marvin Lee Stadium.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 04:18:53 PM »
Great news!! But ah wonder why they choose Marvin Lee stadium and not the HC  ???

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 04:34:39 PM »
Great news!! But ah wonder why they choose Marvin Lee stadium and not the HC  ???

Big Up!

Grass is still the standard!!

And the Hasely Crawford is we main stadium...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 04:39:03 PM »

Big Up!

Grass is still the standard!!

And the Hasely Crawford is we main stadium...

Thanks for the info...buh dey should spend some ah that money to maintain the grass at HC..from what ah hear it real bad, especially for our main stadia.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 04:46:53 PM »
Excellent news. I hope all the T&T teams get to train on this and Jack dont charge them an admission fee.

Turf will develop some of our players speed and control.

Big Up Jack !!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 04:53:48 PM by Flex »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 04:56:34 PM »
Excellent news. I hope all the T&T teams get to train on this and Jack dont charge them an admission fee.

Turf will develop some of our players speed and control.

Big Up Jack !!!!!!

Ha!! Wishful thinkin, Padnah.  Jack would charge he own mudder an admission fee to hell if he was.....really....de devil.    :devil:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 05:07:47 PM »
FIFA Development Officer Daryll Warner
What DE F$%K This man have he son in de mix know next thing he will take over TTFF when Camps gone
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 05:20:32 PM by Bally »
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 05:40:22 PM »
I am just thankful we are getting one  ......

Wasn't there talk of making either Ato or the Marvin Lee the new national stadium !!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 06:06:19 PM »
I am just thankful we are getting one  ......
Wasn't there talk of making either Ato or the Marvin Lee the new national stadium !!
leh we wait an see if UNC get eeeen next year  :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 06:23:19 PM »
Great now we can prepare properly for our next Saprissa visit and when we have tournaments in the US and Canada.

Bally.......I thought it was only me who see dat job title dey.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Warrior30

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 07:54:27 PM »
I hope they fix de stupid STANDS to so de dam beams and dem dont block yuh.
For de love of de game

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 11:10:02 PM »
Ah sure if allyuh do ah check yuh going to see that the contracting company TERRA FORMA is another Jack company.
De travel agency that bringing de techs to lay de surface is Simpauls.
De taxi service and car rental company dey going to be using belong to Darryl.
De roti dey going to be eating fuh lunch is from sweet mouth (Daryll catering company).
An de jamette dey going to spen all dey money on is from de ho house on Warner st Arouca.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006, 03:33:32 AM »
we play on that pitch here in the 5 a side league.  They call it 5th generation turf in England and I must say it is real good ! it plays like grass and you dont get burn everytime you fall
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2006, 10:30:00 AM »
I'm not trying to be negative here just making some points,first of all it's nice for us to have an artificial pitch,my only wish is that they will got have any fete on it,mentain and make proper us of it.

While it's nice to have artificial turf i want who have never had the experience of playing on it to know it's a different ball game/feel,it's a big difference from when you play on grass,it takes more out of players(wear and tear),i find it's slower than natural grass.

Sometimes i wonder if all these stadiums and fields improving the quality of our Football,will it be better if we can spend some of that money on some development programs for our players/coaches,one good thing is that we getting a lot of tournaments in T&T but what's bad is that we are struggleing to win games.   

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2006, 10:37:43 AM »
cost 600,00 so 400,000 fo rjack and 200000 to install.. :devil:

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2006, 11:18:32 AM »
I'm not trying to be negative here just making some points,first of all it's nice for us to have an artificial pitch,my only wish is that they will got have any fete on it,mentain and make proper us of it.

While it's nice to have artificial turf i want who have never had the experience of playing on it to know it's a different ball game/feel,it's a big difference from when you play on grass,it takes more out of players(wear and tear),i find it's slower than natural grass.

Sometimes i wonder if all these stadiums and fields improving the quality of our Football,will it be better if we can spend some of that money on some development programs for our players/coaches,one good thing is that we getting a lot of tournaments in T&T but what's bad is that we are struggleing to win games.   

Coops my understanding from the article is that Fifa footing the bill. The benefits of having a Vice pres as your "Special advisor."

I really hope that they doh have no fete on it.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2006, 12:00:39 PM »
I find while not the same as grass it is pretty dam close now, not like turf of old when it was like playing on carpet.
It defintely improves the standard of play as you dont have to watch the ball onto your foot in case it bobbles up  ;D
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2006, 12:04:44 PM »

the last time i played on turf, maybe in 1999, it was like carpet on top of concrete.
it was fass as heck, when you pass that ball on the ground it moving, and when the ball bounce, it going high.
but yuh knees felt torn up the next day.

I too would like to see some money spent on football development, even if its taking some local neighbourhood filelds, making them level, with some nice grass, a lil movable bleechers for folks to sit. that aint go cost no setta money

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2006, 12:18:18 PM »
I find while not the same as grass it is pretty dam close now, not like turf of old when it was like playing on carpet.
It defintely improves the standard of play as you dont have to watch the ball onto your foot in case it bobbles up  ;D
       While it may definitely improve the standard of play i would not have my players get used to playing on it as Football all over the world is mainly played on Grass,playing on fields that are unpredictable is all part of the game,skills you develope on them can never be developed on turf fields.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2006, 12:21:14 PM »
nah anyhow yuh put it Marvin Lee field was never a good field.

It used to be a swamp when it rained and a hard dust bowl.

I think as so much going on the the COE a proper field was needed at all times.

This is a definite improvement from the field that exists currently.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2006, 12:32:01 PM »

the last time i played on turf, maybe in 1999, it was like carpet on top of concrete.
it was fass as heck, when you pass that ball on the ground it moving, and when the ball bounce, it going high.
but yuh knees felt torn up the next day.

I too would like to see some money spent on football development, even if its taking some local neighbourhood filelds, making them level, with some nice grass, a lil movable bleechers for folks to sit. that aint go cost no setta money
       You are correct if you played on it in 1999 because i played on it before you and that was in the 70's so you can imagine how it was then,we played against the NY Cosmos in Giants Stadium,it was very difficult to run on,may be it was because we were so used to Grass.I found it very hard to play on never liked it.
         Recently i saw them put one down in Northern Va and it seems as though a lot of study has gone into it,it's now laid on a special type of dirt and the turf material has a bit of sponge in it so when you step on it you get the feeling of natural Grass.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2006, 02:31:00 PM »
They take on of the best grass fields in trinidad ...Lever brothers grounds and turn it into a mud patch. marvin lee stadium.

Now they gone and put artificial turf on it.

if you cannot grow grass in a climate where it is 85 degrees year round and ample rain fall or water then artificial turf is not the solution.

When will we design a football field with adequate drainage.
With Automatic Sprinklier systems

It is all about proper maintainance.

I hope FIFA deduct the money they spent on the grass field just 5-10 years ago when they built this stadium from the cost to come and relay over a new artificial turf.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2006, 05:06:56 PM »
This is great, one they can maintain it. And KND is right, we build new stadiums and have de weather to grow nice grass and this is not to be, while countries that is cold like England, Italy, Spain and Scotland have real nice fields. The person who build them stadiums should get shot, unless Jack cut cost and pocket de rest and then in return get he sons to get the contract from the government to maintain it, build it poorly so many will get work...

Thank God Jack dont have a hand in that new Brian Lara stadium or else we screwed for years, even though we getting screwed now, but this is a short term screw, when Jack done with yuh is long term, he will die and the TTFF will still be paying him in deaths....

Turf will benefit our lazy, slow, skill-less players alot.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 06:42:35 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2006, 07:40:16 PM »
Artificial turf is a long term, orthopaedic nightmare.  It is not a surface conducive to playing football, no matter how smooth and level it is.  Even the newer, more technologically advanced surfaces, when subject to poor maintainance, (a phenomenon we can BANK on in T&T) develop seams and undulation that trip and injure players and the surface is not as "giving" as natural grass and soil, not to mention the long-term effect on the joints from running on what is basically carpet in concrete.  Imagine having to train goalkeepers at all ages over a duration of a few years, subjecting them to throwing their bodies around and suffering the impact of constantly diving and rolling on artificial surface.  Injuries are imminent.  Enjoy it, folks.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2006, 10:08:29 AM »
Wait until Carnival and you will realize what the artificial turf is being put down for,our Stadiums don't have grass because they are not properly utilized,in the US from the time the weather set up they cancelling games,i remember a facility where you could not wear screws.

How will it benifit Football in T&T,how often our players/teams will practice/train/play on it?remember we talking about one turf field to serve the nation,what tournaments you think will play on it?i guess it will be the home of Joe Public.   

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2006, 03:09:52 PM »
Wait until Carnival and you will realize what the artificial turf is being put down for,our Stadiums don't have grass because they are not properly utilized,in the US from the time the weather set up they cancelling games,i remember a facility where you could not wear screws.

How will it benifit Football in T&T,how often our players/teams will practice/train/play on it?remember we talking about one turf field to serve the nation,what tournaments you think will play on it?i guess it will be the home of Joe Public.   

Ah hear dat.

1]; } ?>